PDA

View Full Version : IC Colonists of Lugar

LordChaos13
2013-11-21, 07:49 PM
HISSS Thunk
The sound of the cyrostasis pods unsealing, the doors opening out to reveal the cold grey metal of the ship.
Barely a minute has passed since you last saw it, yet many months have passed since you last saw it.

Your body slightly stiff from the awakening but still as young as it was before the trip began.
As you step out you notice the room is tilting to the left strangely, almost a 30degree angle making walking a bit hard without something to hold onto

Behind you racks upon racks of pods unseal with a hiss, the new colonists waking.

As you exit the ship you notice the reason behind the strange angle. The head of the ship having impaled itself into the ground completely. Destroying the valuable electronics in the front
Around you is nothing but rocks and a strange viridian grass but in your minds eye you see different. A vast city designed personally by you, built at the epicentre of a new world. Created solely through the stores of resources on your ship until the colony can become self-sustaining
You just hope the backup technology survived to build it.

A day later and things are moving along smoothly, while much of the information is lost several starting blueprints have been found in the cryostasis machine, seemingly as backup in case the ship was near totally destroyed and the higher technologies proved unable to be created for some reason or another
With the blueprints even came a copy of your city, designed with the help of Human architects back in the Empire to be practically self-assembling, though rather resource-intensive.

It is a new day in the Neuvo Lugar Galaxy, the sun rising over the horizon as the first lights flicker on in the Colony Base and the Portal the the Meeting Room found and removed from the ship to be set up and used.

Welcome to the IC, have fun :smallbiggrin:
The first turn has now begun, please post in a spoiler your actions. Or if you don't trust the other players not to peek (bad players, dont cheat) you can PM me, but I prefer not as that would quickly fill my PM box making me copy/paste the thing into a word document and generally making more hassle

PMChapmanii
2013-11-21, 10:19 PM
The Planphilic woke up and starting the morning exercises as well as rehearsing some bit of information or another to each other.

Near the back however the 6 leaders as well as some people who where training to be leaders stood at the top of the ship. Beling looked out to the sky and said, Isn't that a lovely sight. Liveron was working on some warm ups as he replied Yes, But why didn't we fix the problem about our ship crashing into the planet when we noticed it? Beling looked at Liveron and replied Because if we where ahead of everyone then we would not be able to tell who is honest and who is not. Besides we have everything planed out, we will be perfectly fine.

Terran Planet A (5Pop):
2pop: construct Housing 10 Metal, 30 Minerals
2pop: construct Crystal Mine (was Housing) 30 Metal, 10 Minerals
1pop: Reproduce in Colony Base -20 food

Upkeep:
- 5 Battery
- 5 Food

loss:
- 40 Metal
- 40 Minerals
- 20 food

Gain
Food
Battery
Metal
Minerals

Total
175 Food
95 Battery
110 Metal
110 Minerals
PS. It may be better to say that private actions go to you, likely hood of having that many extremely honest people is slim to none. Say the rest as simply gathered information.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-21, 10:28 PM
And there he stood, the King of Mesopotamia, his feet on lush green grass, surrounded by the beauty of a hundred different yellows, reds and greens. He took a deep breath inhaling their new home's fresh air.
An untouched world as it was rarely found. What ruins of ancient civilizations, dangerous predators and other secrets might it hold?
He could not tell, but he was determined to lead his people to days of prosperity, peace and enlightenment.

Stockpile:
Food: 200
Battery: 100
Metal: 150
Minerals: 150
Research: 0

Population: 5
Pop 1: Construct Housing [Construct Housing: Alpha Block]
Pop 2: Construct Housing [Construct Housing: Alpha Block]
Pop 3: Construct Metal Mine [Mesopotamian Metals Co.]
Pop 4: Work Colony Base increase Pop
Pop 5: Construct Metal Mine [Mesopotamian Metals Co.]

The King seeks to provide housing and shelter for the various people of Mesopotamia, hoping for new children and migration to provide his people with the manpower they would certainly need in order to make their way in this new solar system.

New Stockpile:
Food: 175 (-5 Food, -20 Population increase)
Battery: 95 (-5 Maintenance)
Metal: 130 (-20 Construction)
Minerals: 90 (-60 Construction)

Please tell me if I did anything wrong and I will fix it. By the way, are there also free actions? If I was to e.g found a Secret Police or an Army (not a fleet) how would I go about this?

Truth is I must agree with PMC. (Not like that would be a bad thing)

LordChaos13
2013-11-21, 10:43 PM
The ship is how you got your stuff. You can't do anything with it beyond that

you cannot work the housing in the same turn you construct it. Also you already have a surplus of 35 room in your Colony Base you don't need the extra space of Housing, all you'd get is the ability to make 3 Populace a turn instead of 1

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-21, 10:53 PM
Alright, I fixed it.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-22, 12:11 AM
(ok, fixed)

In the Meeting Room a person enters the door from the Planphilic door, he is holding a sign that reads:

Trade of Information
Currently Available
Map of star's from Planphilic Home World
Maps obtained from trade not available

Working on Next
Level2 Power Plant

Disappearing he then came back with a table and chair, as well as a few books, which he began to read.

He then realizes that he forgot something and heads back in. Eventually he comes out with a stack of papers, some pens, and a small paper plaque that he places on the table. The plaque reads: "offering free advice on beginning developments."

Deadline
2013-11-22, 01:55 PM
Turn 1 - Obsidian Directorate

The setbacks from the crash had been immense. As he scanned through the reports of what was lost and what little remained, Director Alpha sighed and closed his eyes. He took a moment to center himself before addressing his charges and issuing orders.

"We must regain what was lost before we can uncover that which is new. This planet will suffice for our needs, it has been designated Origin Primaris. There are several other planets in this system that will be of use to us, but we must reach them first. Given the terrain and resources available, it has been determined that Colony Pattern Delta will be the most useful. Power up the fabricators and begin construction."

With that, the Director signed off. No motivation speech was needed, every colonist knew what needed to be done, and the colony began humming with productivity.

Resources:

Food: 175/500
Battery: 95/500
Metal: 130/500
Minerals: 90/500
Populace: 6/40

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 5 Pop):
2 Populace: Build Basic Laboratory (-20 Metal, -20 Minerals, 10/10 BP)
2 Populace: Build Power Plant (-40 Minerals, 10/10 BP)
1 Populace: Make Populace in Colony Base (-20 Food)

Maintenance:
Populace: 5 (-5 Food)
Colony Base - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-5 Battery)

Populace: 6
Structures:
Colony Base
Basic Laboratory
Power Plant

Pallid
2013-11-22, 05:13 PM
It was raining again. For the past few days since their arrival it had been raining nearly non-stop except for a few breaks here and there where the rolling clouds above them seemed to catch their breath for the next round. Still even though the sheets of rain that blanketed their new home he could hear the sounds of the slaves working on the beach below. Despite the resources and structures allowing easy access for set up he had disallowed it for the most part. The headquarters that would serve as the palace until such a time a better was constructed he allowed to be set up as it was manufactured to be. But everything else he had set to the “manual” instruction patterns. With most of their technology lost in the crash and a good chunk of their tools with it, it was better they knew what was expected of them sooner rather then later.

“Brother. The relay as been set up.” At the sound of the soft spoken voice of his sister that broke the silence of his office, a low growl sounded off to meet it drawing his attention from the window of the rolling ocean in front of him. Turning his chair around he placed his hand on the top of the creature next to him silencing the growl. He hadn't yet named the creatures, which oddly seemed a mix-up of frog and wolf, a course of evolution due to the planet's environment. They had been onset by a couple of them within a few hours of landing on the new planet, the creatures presumably looking for their next meal. How that had resolved brought a chuckle to him, the scene still fresh on his mind. But alas..there was work to be done.

Resources:

Food: 195/500
Battery: 55/500
Populace: 5/40

Actions:
Homeworld:New Yexan (Terran - 5 Pop):
1 Populace: Build Farm (-40 Metal)

Maintenance:

Nyna
2013-11-22, 10:44 PM
Turn 1 - The Larinth Project
Iona Ardins, leader of the Larinth Project by virtue of her relation to the main leader of the Project back home, looked over the wreck of Project's colony ship with a grimace. With a small sigh, she shook her head, turning away from her thoughts as a man approached her. "We've recovered what we could from the ship, but unfortunately, all of the information on the experiments we were to perform was lost. In addition, as suspected, our techs have been unable to get our long distance comm arrays back up. We've lost contact with the Empire."

Iona would nod. "Thank you. Tell everyone to gather up tonight once they're done with their work. I'd like to address everyone and go over the situation in detail. Our situation may not be as we had hoped, but there's opportunity to be had if we're willing to take it." With a small smile, she turned away, walking away from the ship as she began to look over the grassland they had crashed down in. Larin was truly a beautiful world, and it was theirs. Without any means to contact the Empire, they had no reason to be beholden to the Empire any longer. They could do as they willed. It was almost a dream come true. There would be hardships to face, to be certain, and the setback in lifestyle and technology would chafe many, but in the end, this was almost certainly for the better.

200 Food, 100 Battery, 150 Metal, 150 Minerals, 0 Research
5 Populace
1 Yellow Sun with 3 Terran Worlds, 2 Gas Giants, 2 Asteroid Belts
On Terran1: 1 Colony Base

Resources:
200 Food
100 Battery
150 Metal
150 Minerals
0 Research

1 Yellow Sun with 3 Terran Worlds, 2 Gas Giants, and 2 Asteroid Belts

Terran A - Larin:
Structures: 1 Colony Base
Population: 5 Populace

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
2 Populace - Construct Power Plant (-20 Metal, -20 Minerals)
2 Populace - Construct Crystal Mine (-30 Metal, -10 Minerals)
1 Populace - Use Colony to produce 1 Populace (-20 Food)

Larin Maintenance: -5 Food, -5 Battery

Income: None

Expenses: -25 Food, -5 Battery, -50 Metal, -30 Minerals

Final Resource Count:
175 Food
95 Battery
100 Metal
120 Minerals
0 Research

PMChapmanii
2013-11-24, 01:20 AM
As time went on the lonely person in the alternate reality for everyone to talk in started building his own little house. In all the time he had been there he not once saw a single person, They must have forgotten about this place, they will remember later. I hope, boy I wish there doors had some form of door bell. Guess I will have to wait for them to send some one!!! He yelled in frustration. 'hhhh', Well I guess I will be able to add construction experience to my resume. Not to mention how nice this place will look by the time they come in, let's see how many beds do I need?...

Terran Planet A (6Pop):
1 pop: Work Crystal Mine
2 pop: Construct Iron Mine 10 Metal, 30 Minerals
1 pop: Construct Crystal Mine 1/2, 30 Metal, 10 Minerals
2 pop: Reproduce in Colony Base and Housing

Upkeep:
- 9 Battery
- 6 Food

loss:
- 40 Metal
- 40 Minerals
- 40 food

Gain
Food
Battery
Metal
12 Minerals

Total
129 Food
86 Battery
70 Metal
82 Minerals

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-24, 05:38 AM
The turquoise light flickered, taking the form of a man in his early forties, dressed in expensive, if outdated, looking fabric. "Is this how it works?", the man addressed an unseen person. He frowned slightly, "Yeah, but that's what I'm doing! See?", he waved. The light flickered again, a little girl no older that 12 at most entering the frame beside him, colored in the same shade of blue as the man, she jumped up and down waving, "You see that green light there?", she pointed somewhere off again, "That means that it's working. You just need to put on the glasses.".

He took the glasses from the girl and put them on, clapping his hands he laughed, "It works!", he said a little too euphoric. Turning to the little girl he bowed down and made waving movements, "Alright honey, thanks for helping me out, but daddy has business to attend to.". With a sigh the girl left again as the man took a more formal posure.

"I am Utu-Hengal of the sixth Dynasty of Uruk. I am King and Shepard to the people of Mesopotamia. Whom am I addressing?".

New Stockpile:
Food: 175
Battery: 95
Metal: 130
Minerals: 90

Population: 6
Pop 1: Construct Mineral Mine [Mesopotamian Minerals]
Pop 2: Construct Mineral Mine [Mesopotamian Minerals]
Pop 3: Work Colony Base (Population)
Pop 4: Work Housing (Pop) [Alpha District]
Pop 5: Construct Mineral Mine [Mesopotamian Minerals 2.0]
Pop 6: Construct Mineral Mine [Mesopotamian Minerals 2.0]

Now that the Alpha and Bravo District had been built it was time to unfreeze the many loyal subjects that still remained frozen inside their frozen sleep. Quickly the King ordered his loyal servants to unfreeze more Mesopotamians, for them to live in the vast space of the new Districts.

New Stockpile:
Food: 129 (-46F)
Battery: 88 (-7B)
Metal: 70 (-60M)
Minerals: 70 (-20C)

Mesopotamia
Population increased to 8.
Buildings:
Colony Base [Royal Palace]
Metal Mine [Mesopotamian Metals]
Mineral Mine [Mesopotamian Minerals]
Mineral Mine [Mesopotamian Minerals 2.0]
Housing [Alpha District]

Nyna
2013-11-24, 03:16 PM
Turn 2 - The Larinth Project

The early days of the colony of Larin were quite busy. There was rarely any time to rest as teams of people worked tirelessly to construct new facilities, work that they had certainly not intended on performing themselves upon arrival. The loss of construction robots to do all of this for them was certainly stinging a little, but on the plus side, obesity rates were on the downturn.

Made a small change to last turn, changing the Housing construction to a Power Plant with the addition of a food cost to the populace increase.

Resources:
175 Food
95 Battery
100 Metal
120 Minerals
0 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1 Power Plant
1 Crystal Mine
Population: 5 Populace

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
2 Populace - Construct Farm (-40 Metal)
2 Populace - Construct Iron Mine (-10 Metal, -30 Minerals)
1 Populace - Use Crystal Mine to produce 10 Minerals
1 Populace - Use Colony to produce 1 Populace (-20 Food)

Larin Maintenance: -6 Food, -7 Battery (No maintenance on Power Plant)

Income: +12 Minerals

Expenses: -26 Food, -7 Battery, -50 Metal, -30 Minerals

Final Resource Count:
149 Food
88 Battery
50 Metal
102 Minerals
0 Research

Deadline
2013-11-25, 11:48 AM
Turn 2 - Obsidian Directorate

The colony was well on its way to being fruitful and productive. That just meant communicating with the other colonists who were sent out. That task fell to Director Gamma, a man who was even more tight-lipped and dour than the average member of the Directorate.

And so it was that Director Gamma stood before the gateway, his stony gaze an impenetrable mask of ambivalence as he watched it power up in preparation for his departure. When the gateway reached full power, he strode confidently through, and vanished in a brilliant flash of light.

In the meeting chambers, another flash of light signaled his arrival and he headed straight to his seat without preamble. He took stock of the room to see who was there...

Resources:

Food: 149/500
Battery: 85/500
Metal: 80/500
Minerals: 50/500
Populace: 7/40

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 6 Pop):
2 Populace: Build Farm (-40 Metal, 10/10 BP)
2 Populace: Build Metal Mine (-10 Metal, -30 Minerals, 10/10 BP)
1 Populace: Produce 12 power in Power Plant
0 Populace: Passively Produce 2 Research in Basic Laboratory

Research:
2/? points spent on Power Plant Level 2

Maintenance:
Populace: 6 (-6 Food)
Power Plant - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)
Basic Laboratory - Origin Primaris: Passive ability used (-5 Battery)

Populace: 7
Structures:
Colony Base
Basic Laboratory
Power Plant
Metal Mine (B)
Farm (B)

PMChapmanii
2013-11-25, 12:09 PM
Walking in he hears a tingling bell and sees a person, he is currently polishing the chairs. Off to the side is a bunch of fluffy cloth that are clearly going to be added to the chairs when ready. The table is finished with a nice polish and there are walls up and about. The bell is off to the side of his door and was set up with some sort of trip wire that wouldn't hinder the person entering but would let others know when the door was used.

He looks up from her work and smiles, Hello there, glad someone came I was beginning to wonder if all this work was for nothing. My name is trans, I represent the Planphilic. No one else has made it yet but when they come I will know. He points to the other doors which have the same device on them. Would you like to talk, trade, or per chance make use of our skilled planning skills?

Deadline
2013-11-25, 02:30 PM
Director Gamma stares impassively at Trans for a moment. His goggles reflecting the light in the room. The moment passes quickly as he stands up and nods his head to the Planphillic representative. He sits back down before adding in a quiet, pleasant voice, "I am Director Gamma, representative of the Obsidian Directorate. I would know more of your faction, if you wouldn't mind sharing that information. Also, what specifically is it that you have available to trade?. If you are freely offering your plans, I'm listening."

OOC: I think I put this in the OOC, but just in case I didn't here's a picture of Director Gamma (replace the knife with a datapad, for the moment :smallbiggrin:):
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mcu3o9.jpg

PMChapmanii
2013-11-25, 02:59 PM
As all the ships where of the same design it is quite easy to say that everyone crashed into there planet destroying all they have for research and development. As our group deals with a lot of planning we have discovered rather quickly that a new problem presents itself that before was not really considered. Growth in this new world.

We have taken this into account and discovered a way to keep population growth growing at slightly under 200,000 people each year well still keeping every one of them active with something to do.

However this information is not free and some of the payment on your side would end up being latter.

He pulls out a stack of cards and looks them through. I have a note that I am able to offer our planning services of 5 years to you for your star map, which will not be shared with others, and 3 peaces of Research information.

This research information is how much research is exactly needed to complete it. It has to be something we have not researched and do not already know how much research is needed. Naturally the research information would come latter.

LordChaos13
2013-11-25, 03:12 PM
Are you asking for 3 Research Points or 3 Techs?

PMChapmanii
2013-11-25, 03:21 PM
(Under research it sais "The number needed to research a tech is hidden until you hit it and any Research over is lost completely. You can tell others what the number is but it is up to you"
I'm asking to be told exactly how much research is needed so that I can research it exactly myself without any spill over. Which is mostly a rather cheap price, but will give me a slight advantage in researching technology in that I am not loosing any extra research.)

Pallid
2013-11-25, 08:10 PM
Resources:

Food: 192/500
Battery: 63/500
Research: 2
Populace: 6/40

Actions:
Homeworld:New Yexan (Terran - 5 Pop):
1 Populace: Work Farm (+20 food)
1 Populace: Reproduce in Colony Base (-20 food)
1 Populace: Convert Into Scientist (1 pop)
2 Populace: Work Power Plant (+20 Battery)

Maintenance:
Basic Laboratory: 5 Battery
Basic Laboratory: 5 Battery
Farm: 2 Battery
Power Plant: 2 Battery
Power Plant: 2 Battery
Planet Bonuses: +4 Battery, +2 Food

Sorry for lack of RP, wanted to get this out, next one will have some RP.

Deadline
2013-11-26, 10:54 AM
He pulls out a stack of cards and looks them through. I have a note that I am able to offer our planning services of 5 years to you for your star map, which will not be shared with others, and 3 peaces of Research information.

This research information is how much research is exactly needed to complete it. It has to be something we have not researched and do not already know how much research is needed. Naturally the research information would come latter.

Gamma's lips curl up in the hint of a smile before he speaks, "Your offer is one potentially useful item in exchange for 4 definitively useful items? You overestimate the value of the information you have to trade. Every party in a negotiation wants to get the better side of the deal, but the key is to make it appear as though you haven't gained a significant advantage over the other. Offering blatantly slanted deals only results in a refusal of the deal, or a pact with fools." The Directorate member consults his datapad for a moment and then looks back to Trans, "Why don't we start small, so that we can build up a level of trust with each other? I propose an amendment to your deal. Remove your request for our confidential Research information, and offer your starmap instead of your planning skills. Would that be acceptable to you?"

PMChapmanii
2013-11-26, 11:01 AM
Star map for star map, yes that has always been on the table. We priced the star map at 2 to 3 of these minor informations.

An actual technology for our long term planing is also acceptable, we just need the star map to be included for our own safety, for having given such power as our planning provides. If you want to do 2 for 2 we can do it that way, but a simple star map for a star map works well also.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-26, 04:28 PM
With no one wanting to join in trade for plan's, and eyes all around wanting to know the best way to go. The Planphilic decided to do there construction indoors away from all the eyes. They are however rather proud to say that there elegant and complicated planning worked rather well and that there first planet is now set up for mass success as they have left the age of resources and are now going to head into an age of energy and research, maybe even some space exploration or tools.

But one thing is for sure, the Planphilic have moved from bothering to offer there planning aid to offering research information for research information. For everyone given they will give you one that you haven't researched, and hasn't been traded for since that would be unfair. This has its advantages and disadvantages, since the Planphilic haven't got any right away one would have to trust them to keep there end, however as research advances so to will the costs so the one that the Planphilic gives could save quite a bit of research for those willing to take the trade.

To keep the trade secret the person in the special room even had to go into his own room, strip, pass through the door, and get redressed just to make his reports or get anything to work on the special room with (which is coming rather nicely).

What they are not happy to admit is that there math was off. It didn't affect the outcome of buildings being build, just the end result for what they had in resources.

Terrain Planet A (17Pop):
3 Crystal Mine, 4 Iron mine, 3 farm, 2 power plants, 1 housing, 1 Colony

Total
0 Food
17 Battery
34 Metal
46 Minerals
OOC: please tell me if you are coming in at the beginning of this turn or the end of it so I know which description to give you.

Nyna
2013-11-26, 06:05 PM
Turns 3-7 - The Larinth Project

Iona Ardins would smile as she looked over the data in front of her. The colony was well on its way to self-sufficiency thanks to the hard work of her peers over the last several months, and it was finally time for the Larinth Project to begin doing what it had set out to do in the first place: research. Still, they couldn't get too carried away; those laboratories sure used a lot of electricity.

((At this point I'm building my first Lab, and research will begin from Turn 4 onwards. If I finish researching my tech before the end of Turn 7, just let me know via PM or a private spoiler or something and I'll go ahead and change my research and numbers accordingly.))

Resources:
149 Food
88 Battery
50 Metal
102 Minerals
0 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
1/4 Power Plants
1/4 Crystal Mines
1/4 Iron Mines
Population: 7/40 Populace

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
1 Populace operates Colony Base (+1 Populace, -20 Food)
1 Populace operates Farm (+22 Food)
1 Populace operates Power Plant (+12 Battery)
1 Populace operates Crystal Mine (+12 Minerals)
1 Populace operates Iron Mine (+12 Metal)
2 Populace construct Lab (-20 Metal, -20 Minerals)

Larin Maintenance: -7 Food, -13 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +22 Food, +12 Battery, +12 Minerals, +12 Metal

Expenses: -27 Food, -13 Battery, -20 Minerals, -20 Metal

Total: +1 Scientist, -5 Food, -1 Battery, -8 Minerals, -8 Metal

Final Resource Count:
144 Food
87 Battery
42 Metal
94 Minerals
0 Research

Resources:
144 Food
87 Battery
42 Metal
94 Minerals
0 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
1/4 Power Plants
1/4 Crystal Mines
1/4 Iron Mines
1/4 Basic Laboratory
Population: 8/40 Populace

Passives:
1 Basic Lab (+2 Research)

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
1 Populace uses the Basic Lab to become a Scientist (+1 Scientist, -1 Populace)
2 Populace construct Lab (-20 Metal, -20 Minerals)

Larin Maintenance: -8 Food, -18 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +1 Scientist, +22 Food, +12 Battery, +12 Minerals, +12 Metal, +2 Research

Expenses: -1 Populace, -28 Food, -18 Battery, -20 Minerals, -20 Metal

Total: +1 Populace, -6 Food, -6 Battery, -8 Minerals, -8 Metal, +2 Research

Research:
2 Research is spent on Level 2 Power Plants (Total Research Spent to Date: 2)

Final Resource Count:
138 Food
81 Battery
34 Metal
86 Minerals
0 Research

Resources:
138 Food
81 Battery
34 Metal
86 Minerals
0 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
1/4 Power Plants
1/4 Crystal Mines
1/4 Iron Mines
2/4 Basic Laboratories
Population: 9/40
8 Populace
1 Scientist

Passives:
2 Basic Labs (+4 Research)

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
1 Scientist operates Basic Lab (+5 Research)
1 Populace uses the Basic Lab to become a Scientist (+1 Scientist, -1 Populace)
2 Populace construct Power Plant (-40 Minerals)

Larin Maintenance: -9 Food, -23 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +1 Scientist, +22 Food, +12 Battery, +12 Minerals, +12 Metal, +9 Research

Expenses: -1 Populace, -29 Food, -23 Battery, -40 Minerals

Total: +1 Scientist, -7 Food, -11 Battery, -28 Minerals, +12 Metal, +9 Research

Research:
9 Research is spent on Level 2 Power Plants (Total Research Spent to Date: 11)

Final Resource Count:
131 Food
70 Battery
46 Metal
58 Minerals
0 Research

Resources:
131 Food
70 Battery
46 Metal
58 Minerals
0 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
2/4 Power Plants
1/4 Crystal Mines
1/4 Iron Mines
2/4 Basic Laboratories
Population: 10/40
8 Populace
2 Scientists

Passives:
2 Basic Labs (+4 Research)

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
2 Populace operates 2x Power Plant (+24 Battery)
2 Scientists operates 2x Basic Lab (+10 Research)
2 Populace construct Basic Lab (-20 Minerals, -20 Metal)

Larin Maintenance: -10 Food, -25 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +22 Food, +24 Battery, +12 Minerals, +12 Metal, +14 Research

Expenses: -30 Food, -25 Battery, -20 Minerals, -20 Metal

Total: +1 Populace, -8 Food, -1 Battery, -8 Minerals, -8 Metal, +14 Research

Research:
14 Research is spent on Level 2 Power Plants (Total Research Spent to Date: 25)

Final Resource Count:
123 Food
69 Battery
38 Metal
50 Minerals
0 Research

Resources:
123 Food
69 Battery
38 Metal
50 Minerals
0 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
2/4 Power Plants
1/4 Crystal Mines
1/4 Iron Mines
3/4 Basic Laboratories
Population: 11/40
9 Populace
2 Scientists

Passives:
3 Basic Labs (+6 Research)

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
2 Scientists operates 2x Basic Lab (+10 Research)
1 Populace uses Basic Lab to become a Scientist (-1 Populace, +1 Scientist)
2 Populace construct Iron Mine (-30 Minerals, -10 Metal)

Larin Maintenance: -10 Food, -30 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +1 Scientist, +22 Food, +24 Battery, +12 Minerals, +12 Metal, +16 Research

Expenses: -1 Populace, -31 Food, -30 Battery, -30 Minerals, -10 Metal

Total: +1 Scientist, -9 Food, -6 Battery, -18 Minerals, +2 Metal, +16 Research

Research:
16 Research is spent on Scholastic Privileges (Total Research Spent to Date: 16)

Technologies:
Level 2 Power Plants

Final Resource Count:
114 Food
63 Battery
40 Metal
32 Minerals
0 Research

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-27, 03:20 PM
Through the gate a young man enters the meeting room, he is dressed in fine if outdated looking fabric. He seems to emit a certain whiff of arrogance.

Stockpile End Turn Seven:
Food: 12
Battery: 21
Metal: 32
Mineral: 34

Mesopotamia currently accounts for 16 units of 100.000 citizens, a Royal Palace [Colonial base], three Metal Mining companies, three Mineral Mining companies, three Farming complexes as well as three full sets of power plants.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-27, 07:36 PM
As he inters he finds himself in a bedroom with a door leading to a bathroom and another leading to a meeting room. The bedroom has a rather nicely made bed in the colors of your group. There is a bell tingling in the door leading to the meeting room, and a small string leading from the bell to the door back to your planet.

The meeting room is a variety of color with each groups colors coming from there room weaving and mixing into a tapestry of color on the roof. The floor seams to be of a thin pure white marble with a fine round oak table in the middle and chairs that would likely be excepted for a king, except one which seams to stick our rather oddly. http://cdn.homedit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/office-chair.jpg

There are 6 doors with each one going into a bedroom. Except one, which is closest to the odd chair. A person walks out of that room and shuts the door, which seams to have a lock. The only lock in the building from the looks of it. Hello, you look rather happy. The person takes a seat in his chair.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-28, 08:27 AM
"I dissaprove.", the young man says and takes his leave.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-28, 12:19 PM
he sais kindly as the person leaves, Your welcome to put in some work yourself.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-28, 01:44 PM
The young man turns back as the man addresses him. He sighs as he still decides to make his point, "I was lead to believe that our new colonial interactions would be based on common respect and as it is considered common among my people, on neutral ground.", he raises an arm, making a broad gesture pointing to everything around him, "But this? The fact that we have someone to be considered a host is most displeasing in the first place, in complete disregard for the fact that seemingly your room is the only one able to be locked. This is not to say that I would have trusted you even if the other rooms had locks, seeing as you would probably have a key to it as well.".
Shaking his head the young man's continues venting his displeasure, "I probably don't have to point out either that everyone could have bugged this or any other room, which wouldn't even have to be you. In short, I would probably have preferred just about anything else. ".

PMChapmanii
2013-11-28, 03:19 PM
I'm not a host, I just got very board being by myself since landing so I decided to do some construction. You are the second person to have come by in all this time. She smiles slightly Though I can guaranty that no one has bugged anything, mostly because I'm the only one who has been hear for so long. There is some safety in place to prevent someone from invading. I had started with a simple table and chair, then moved on to a six bunk bedroom, then individual bedrooms and some security, then an office for myself. Supply's are being made for me to begin working on everyone else's room office. As to the chairs, I wasn't sure who wanted what so I made these. You sure you don't want to stay, I could use the company? And if you have any ideas that could be implemented I wouldn't mind hear them.

Terran Planet A (17civ):
12 civ: Work 3 Crystal Mine, 4 Iron mine, 3 farm, 2 power plants
2 civ: Construct Basic research facility
2 civ: Reproduce -40
1 civ: Construct crystal mine 1/2

Upkeep:
- 31 Battery
- 17 Food

loss:
- 50 Metal
- 30 Minerals
- 40 food

Gain
66 Food
24 Battery
48 Metal
36 Minerals

Total
9 Food
24 Battery
32 Metal
52 Minerals

Terran Planet A (19civ):
12 civ: Work 3 Crystal Mine, 4 Iron mine, 3 farm, 2 power plants
2 civ: Construct Basic Laboratory
2 civ: Reproduce -40
1 civ: Construct crystal mine 2/2
1 civ: train to be sci
1 civ: research +2

Upkeep:
- 36 Battery
- 19 Food

loss:
- 20 Metal
- 20 Minerals
- 40 food

Gain
66 Food
24 Battery
48 Metal
36 Minerals
4 research
spend 3 research to be able to use Level2 Power Plant from nina.

Total
16 Food
12 Battery
60 Metal
68 Minerals
1 research

Terran Planet A (20civ, 1 sci):
9 pop: Work 4 Crystal Mine, 3 farm, 2 power plants
2 pop: Construct duo power plant
2 pop: Reproduce -40
2 pop: Construct Housing
1 sci: research +7
2 pop: Construct duo power plant
2 pop: Construct Basic Laboratory
1 pop: train to be sci

Upkeep:
- 32 Battery
- 21 Food

loss:
- 30 Metal
- 90 Minerals
- 40 food

Gain
66 Food
24 Battery
Metal
48 Minerals
9 research

Total
21 Food
4 Battery
30 Metal
26 Minerals
10 research

Nyna
2013-11-28, 05:08 PM
Turns 8-10 - The Larinth Project

As time continued to pass, the colony on Larin continued to grow as more and more civilians received training and joined the workforce. A large number of people had traveled on the colony ship to Larin, but only a small portion had thus far been thawed out and allowed to join the fledgling colony due to the limited food supply and lack of available jobs. Simply put, there was little need for the entire population to be working, for there were not enough resources for those people to actually work with. And of course, many of the colonists had no prior experience in these fields, and many were unsuited for manual labor. In short, it would be a long time for some of the colonists to be released from cryofreeze, but Iona was looking forward to their reactions when they finally got to see the growing town.

Still, it was about time for the young governor to greet those that shared this sector of the galaxy. She had been putting this off for quite some time, using the excuse that there were more important matters to handle, but to be honest, she simply didn't really want to speak with them. The Larinthi had never been treated well back home due to their beliefs, and she didn't much imagine that they'd be treated much better here. Still, it couldn't hurt to at least try.

With a sigh, Iona Ardins would power up the door and step through. Was it too much to hope for that she would be the only one there? That theirs was the only group that had landed successfully? Come to think of it, it was entirely possible that another group still had their comm arrays. How unfortunate.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/WingsofTorlni/IonaferGiant.jpg~original
Iona's hopes were immediately dashed upon seeing the state of the room, and its occupants. Adjusting her glasses slightly as she scanned the room, the young woman would introduce herself. "My name is Iona Ardins, chosen representative for the Larinth Project. An accident during the landing of our colony ship has damaged or destroyed many of our instruments, including our long-range communications array. As such, we have lost contact with the Empire. I apologize if any of you have been attempting to contact us via long distance communication, as we have obviously been unable to receive such communications.

"With that, however, I would like to ask if any of you are in contact with the Empire? If so, we could certainly use information to help get our technology back up to par with our old standards."

((I realized that I forgot to add the Scientist bonus to my Research from the last set of turns, so I've added it to my stockpile for this turn.))
Resources:
114 Food
63 Battery
40 Metal
32 Minerals
10 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
2/4 Power Plants
1/4 Crystal Mines
2/4 Iron Mines
3/4 Basic Laboratories
Population: 12/40
9 Citizens
3 Scientists

Passives:

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
2 Populace operates Iron Mine (+24 Metal)
3 Scientists operates 3x Basic Lab (+21 Research)
2 Populace construct Crystal Mine (-10 Minerals, -30 Metal)

Larin Maintenance: -12 Food, -32 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +1 Scientist, +22 Food, +24 Battery, +12 Minerals, +24 Metal, +27 Research

Expenses: -32 Food, -32 Battery, -10 Minerals, -30 Metal

Total: +1 Populace, -10 Food, -8 Battery, +2 Minerals, -6 Metal, +27 Research

Research:
9 Research is spent on Scholastic Privileges (Total Research Spent to Date: 25)

Technologies:
Level 2 Power Plants

Final Resource Count:
104 Food
55 Battery
34 Metal
34 Minerals
28 Research

Resources:
104 Food
55 Battery
34 Metal
34 Minerals
28 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
2/4 Power Plants
2/4 Crystal Mines
2/4 Iron Mines
3/4 Basic Laboratories
Population: 13/40
10 Citizens
3 Scientists

Passives:

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
2 Populace operates Crystal Mine (+24 Minerals)
2 Populace operates Iron Mine (+24 Metal)
2 Populace construct Power Plant (-40 Minerals)

Larin Maintenance: -13 Food, -34 Battery

Income: +1 Populace +22 Food, +24 Battery, +24 Minerals, +24 Metal, +27 Research

Expenses: -33 Food, -34 Battery, -40 Minerals

Total: +1 Populace, -11 Food, -10 Battery, -16 Minerals, +24 Metal, +27 Research

Research:
30 Research is spent on Maintenance Buildings (Total Research Spent to Date: 30)

Technologies:
Level 2 Power Plants
Scholastic Privileges

Final Resource Count:
93 Food
45 Battery
58 Metal
18 Minerals
25 Research

Resources:
93 Food
45 Battery
58 Metal
18 Minerals
25 Research

Terran A - Larin:
Structures:
1 Colony Base
1/4 Farms
3/4 Power Plants
2/4 Crystal Mines
2/4 Iron Mines
3/4 Basic Laboratories
Population: 14/40
11 Citizens
3 Scientists

Passives:

Actions & Maintenance:
Larin System - Larin:
3 Populace operates 3x Power Plant (+24 Battery)
2 Populace operates 2x Crystal Mine (+24 Minerals)
2 Populace operates 2x Iron Mine (+24 Metal)
2 Populace construct Farm (-40 Metal)

Larin Maintenance: -14 Food, -36 Battery

Income: +1 Populace, +23 Food, +36 Battery, +24 Minerals, +24 Metal, +27 Research

Expenses: -34 Food, -36 Battery, -40 Metal

Total: +1 Populace, -12 Food, +0 Battery, +24 Minerals, -16 Metal, +27 Research

Research:
20 Research is spent on Maintenance Buildings (Total Research Spent to Date: 50)

Technologies:
Level 2 Power Plants
Scholastic Privileges

Final Resource Count:
81 Food
45 Battery
42 Metal
42 Minerals
32 Research

PMChapmanii
2013-11-28, 08:14 PM
The person in the non ornament chair looks to the side as the bell rings. Another disappointed face, look I got board waiting for everyone. It doesn't have to stay this way, I've just been waiting forever for you guys to show up, thats all. He listened, Yea, We think everyone crashed. We did some checking before coming and everyones ship was made the same. I haven't heard of anyone with communications. As to getting back to technological readiness, I've been given permission for my group to conduct trade. Though we haven't started any research ourself we do have quite a history of keeping our deals. He sighs, Though I guess not having any records would make that hard to look up. Our deals do however give a slight advantage to those who are willing to trust us because when we do our research in technology the research that we would be going into would be getting to be a higher area. Would you by chance be interested in hearing any of them?

Nyna
2013-11-28, 09:05 PM
The Larinth Project

Iona would nod after a moment. "If you have any propositions, I'm willing to listen. However, I don't believe we have anything of worth that we can offer as part of a trade. We don't even have much in the way of information; our databanks were destroyed in the crash, and we don't even possess a single space worthy vessel."

PMChapmanii
2013-11-28, 09:15 PM
Yea, everyones was destroyed as far as we can tell. To bad, we figured someone would end up going for technology first. We are offering star chart for star chart, and if we can find anyone who has done research we where going to offer a trade of information. They tell us how much research it takes to get to a technology and when we uncover a research that they don't have we tell them how much research it would take to get it. I am also allowed to do the same with pure technology, but first I have to run into some one with some technology to even do those trades.

Nyna
2013-11-28, 09:59 PM
The Larinth Project

Iona would shake her head slightly as she listened. "Well, it may be better to discuss trades at a future date, then. Like I said, we don't have much in the way of information that would be valuable, and without any space vessels available to explore our own sector or defenses to protect our colony, I'm rather hesitant to give out our location. While I find it highly unlikely anyone here would wish us direct harm, especially in the current situation we all find ourselves in, it would be reckless and careless of me to take a chance, especially when there is no benefit to be had. After all, with no ships, we can't exactly make use of your star chart.

"And I'm not exactly certain what you mean by 'how much research it takes to get to a technology'. If you've never worked in a lab, research is often a matter of breakthroughs as much as it is a process, and it's not exactly something you can quantify and measure. Something that seems rather simple can take years at times, while seemingly complex problems can turn out to have extraordinarily simple solutions and be solved in mere weeks."

Just as a clarification, while yes, this game has mechanics, referencing them directly while RPing rubs me wrong a little. If you're looking to establish a research deal, I'm probably going to avoid doing so at this stage in the game (there's little benefit anyways, since the research amount is apparently announced in OOC), and again, RPing the Larinthi means being rather hesitant to trust outsiders at first.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-28, 10:43 PM
We actually managed to quantify research and cross analyze it with historical information in relation to the supply's available as well as the education of the people who are conducting the research. Sadly this information was trivial considering where we came from. Because a single empire was in control of most research and anything that was not under the empire was considered illegal to research by everyone else. So, naturally, the discovery wasn't considered to be very 'ground breaking'. Lucky the person who conducted this research came with us and was able to recall his past work.

From this research we found that a project only takes so much research to be successful. However, due to communication problems; a variety of projects being conducted at the same time; as well as a few other things that are considered to be less minor; people tend to waist resources that don't necessity need to be spent on a single project.

Under the assumption that everyone has the same research facilities and resource's available, he was able to come up with a quantifiable way to define how much research is needed to complete a project. If you wanted to try to trade this way then we can provide this research to you for free of charge.

Though if you would prefer to simply trade a technology for a future technology than that is still on the table. It would also likely result in a better reward system, though it would requirer more trust.

Play it however you wish, in my first IC post my group chose to not fix there ship so that it wouldn't crash. That doesn't mean that they didn't come prepared for having lost all that technology. More so with the fact that they are master planners.

Also, after passing 11 I would have gone to 15 or 20 before spending it all. Most games work in groups of 5 and 2. This game uses more 10's than anything (so likely 20) and then uses 2's as a small bonus that can add up. Plus the first amount of research is likely at a basic level or the level right above that (do to not having a basic level), so it wouldn't cost much. I would place Orbital Trajectories and Scholastic Privileges as possibly lvl 2, though I would hit 20 before going on.

Then again they could all be based on what research you already have and simply increase based on how many you have. At which point my scientist will have to admit he was wrong.

LordChaos13
2013-11-28, 11:13 PM
OOC: The games uses 2 as a bonus that adds up, 5 as a more major bonus and 10 as the mainstays and targets for expending resources
Also there wasn't anything wrong with the ships, but rather their navigational tools. They were off by about a hundred meters on an intrrgalactic trip and didn't put in an AI to correct the course.
And yes the minimum amount of Research spent on a Tech is shown universally in the OOC's Tech spoiler

Nyna
2013-11-28, 11:43 PM
The Larinth Project

Iona Ardins would close her eyes for a moment, stifling an unwise remark, before opening them again and replying. "That's certainly an... interesting method you have there. You'll have to forgive us if we refrain from measuring our research activities in the same manner. What we have works for us, after all.

"And I'm afraid I'll have to decline any sort of technology deal at the moment. As I said previously, we don't have much in the way of information that would be valuable that we're willing to share right now, and from the sounds of it, I imagine it's much the same on your end. After all, I feel that you would probably offer a more concrete deal than that if you had something more to offer."

PMChapmanii
2013-11-28, 11:57 PM
Well, that is true. We haven't gotten to the research part of our plan. But when we do it will be rather fast, that I can promise. We have almost built as many farms, mines, and power plants as our world can hold. It will not be long before we begin research and from there quickly take to the stars. In a since we are practically offering better technology for it's bass's, but most don't see how much the deals we have offered are worth so... I don't think this one will get much notice as well.

On another subject, how do you like your area? is there anything you think I could do to make it more accommodating to your tastes?

Nyna
2013-11-29, 12:07 AM
The Larinth Project

"Larin is quite beautiful. I personally haven't gotten much of a chance to really explore, as I've been busy with managing all of the various tasks that need to get done to get our colony up and running, but from what I understand, it truly is a lovely place out there. I'm looking forward to getting out of my office and enjoying the greenery once everything is settled down. But no, we're all set for now. It's not as if we can send anything to one another until our spaceports are up and running."

PMChapmanii
2013-11-29, 12:22 AM
True, and that wont be. He looks at some of his papers. For another 6 to 10 cycles, after energy improvements and our first 3 Basic Laboratory's are fully staffed and just before our other 3 are built. Or will the ships be after the other 3? It gets fuzzy at that point. He shuffles some papers and pulls one out with a lists, You don't by chance have use for any of these?

11: Level2 Power Plant
13: Orbital Trajectories
15: Maintenance Office or Level3 power plantThey are rather set in stone, as to getting them. though the exact date could be off.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-29, 09:44 AM
Not wanting to disturb the conversation the other ambassadors were having the ambassador took one of the packages that had been arriving for quite some time now, picked a room that seemed to be empty and got to work.
Soon the sound of hammering could be heard as the ambassador gave his room a complete overhaul.

Mesopotamia
Time: End Turn 10

Currently the stockpiles of Mesopotamia are low, merely 12 Units of Food, 16 Battery Units, the pitiful amount of 6 Units of Metal and 48 Units of Minerals can be found in their stockpile.

Mesopotamia is a fairly small colony with a Population of 2 Million People and 200.000 Scientists. It consists of Colonial Base functioning as Royal Palace, as well as the Alpha District, which is used as Housing for the wider variety of citizens. The food is supplied by Four Farming complexes, which are located in the center of town, often used as parks or gardens for relaxation as well. The Four Power Plants on the outskirts of the colony are used to power the Two Laboratories as well as the Three Metal Mining and Four Mineral Mining complexes.

Operation Blue Horizon (1/5) is having it's potential reviewed.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-29, 10:03 AM
I'll be back, there are some things I realized wouldn't work and I need to take them down. He heads into his room, leaving his paper for her to look over. Eventually coming back with some rather long peaces of wood that he sets on the side of the wall for later.

Nyna
2013-11-29, 11:56 AM
The Larinth Project

Iona Ardins would look thoughtful as she read over the list. She would glance up briefly as the man she was speaking with walked off for a few moments, taking out a pen and sitting at the table. She began to write on the back of the list with neat, flowing penmanship, finishing just as the man returned. She would stand again with a small smile. "My apologies, but I don't believe I caught your name, sir...? Or your group's name, for that matter?" As she spoke, she would hand the list back to the man.

We may be able to make a deal. The Larinth Project has already completed research into improving our power plants. As such, we may be able to save you some time.

I have two proposals. The first would be to trade the Level 2 Power Plant technology for Orbital Trajectories. This would require you to shift your research towards that first, but in the end I believe it would save you some time.

My other proposal is a little more complex, and involves some trust on our part. We would be willing to gift you the technology for Level 2 Power Plants now, in return for the gift of the Level 3 Power Plant technology after you finish researching that. In this case, we'd prefer if you began research on that after Orbital Trajectories. In addition, we'd be willing to trade Scholastic Privileges for Orbital Trajectories as part of this package, upon completion of your research into that technology.

If either of these deals interests you, please let me know. Preferably by note like this, or in private, as I prefer to avoid publicly speaking of these sorts of things unless necessary.

Deadline
2013-11-29, 03:43 PM
Over the months, Director Gamma spent his time quietly observing in the meeting chamber, as well as sweeping the area for listening devices and removing them. He made it a common practice to sweep any "private" meeting room before discussing business matters.

Resources:

Food: 129/500
Battery: 95/500
Metal: 50/500
Minerals: 40/500
Populace: 8/40

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 7 Pop):
2 Populace: Build Mineral Mine (-30 Metal, -10 Minerals, 10/10 BP)
2 Populace: Produce 22 power in Power Plant
1 Populace: Produce 4 Research in Basic Laboratory
1 Populace: Make 1 Scientist in Basic Laboratory

Research:
6/? Research spent on Power Plant Level 2

Maintenance:
Populace: 7 (-7 Food)
Basic Laboratory - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-5 Battery)

Populace: 8
Structures:
Colony Base
Basic Laboratory
Power Plant
Metal Mine
Farm
Mineral Mine (B)

Resources:

Food: 131/500
Battery: 91/500
Metal: 50/500
Minerals: 62/500
Populace: 10/40

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 7 Pop, 1 Scientist):
2 Populace: Produce 42 Food in Farm
2 Populace: Make Populace in Colony Base (-40 Food)
1 Populace: Produce 12 Battery in Power Plant
1 Populace: Produce 7 Research in Basic Laboratory
2 Populace: Produce 22 Minerals in Mineral Mine

Research:
13/? Research spent on Power Plant Level 2

Maintenance:
Populace: 8 (-8 Food)
Farm - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)
Mineral Mine - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)

Populace: 10
Structures:
Colony Base
Basic Laboratory
Power Plant
Metal Mine
Farm
Mineral Mine

Resources:

Food: 133/500
Battery: 97/500
Metal: 72/500
Minerals: 62/500
Populace: 12/40

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 9 Pop, 1 Scientist):
2 Populace: Produce 42 Food in Farm
2 Populace: Produce 22 Battery in Power Plant
1 Scientist: Produce 7 Research in Basic Laboratory
1 Populace: Make 1 Scientist in Basic Laboratory
2 Populace: Produce 22 Metal in Metal Mine

Research:
13/? Research spent on Power Plant Level 2

Maintenance:
Populace: 10 (-10 Food)
Metal Mine - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)

Populace: 12
Structures:
Colony Base
Basic Laboratory
Power Plant
Metal Mine
Farm
Mineral Mine

Resources:

Food: 121/500
Battery: 109/500
Metal: 54/500
Minerals: 54/500
Populace: 14/60

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 10 Pop, 2 Scientists):
2 Populace: Produce 40 Food in Farm
2 Scientist: Produce 12 Research in Basic Laboratory
2 Populace: Build Housing (-10 Metal, -30 Minerals, 10/10 BP)

Research:
25/? Research spent on Power Plant Level 2

Maintenance:
Populace: 12 (-12 Food)

Populace: 14
Structures:
Colony Base
Basic Laboratory
Power Plant
Housing (B)
Metal Mine
Farm
Mineral Mine

Resources:

Food: 107/500
Battery: 105/500
Metal: 16/500
Minerals: 34/500
Populace: 16/60

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 12 Pop, 2 Scientist):
2 Populace: Produce 40 Food in Farm
2 Scientist: Produce 12 Research in Basic Laboratory
2 Populace: Build Farm (-40 Metal, 10/10 BP)

Research:
12/? Research spent on Orbital Trajectories

Maintenance:
Populace: 14 (-14 Food)

Populace: 16
Structures:
Basic Laboratory
Basic Laboratory (B)
Colony Base
Farm
Farm (B)
Housing
Metal Mine
Mineral Mine
Power Plant

Resources:

Food: 131/500
Battery: 102/500
Metal: 38/500
Minerals: 56/500
Populace: 18/60

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 14 Pop, 2 Scientist):
2 Populace: Produce 40 Food in Farm 1
2 Scientist: Produce 12 Research in Basic Laboratory 1
0 Populace: Produce 2 Research in Basic Laboratory 2
2 Populace: Make 2 Scientist in Basic Laboratory
2 Populace: Produce 40 Food in Farm 2

Research:
26/? Research spent on Orbital Trajectories

Maintenance:
Populace: 16 (-16 Food)
Basic Laboratory 1 - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-5 Battery)
Basic Laboratory 2 - Origin Primaris: Passive ability used (-5 Battery)
Farm 1 - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)
Farm 2 - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)

Populace: 18
Structures:
Basic Laboratory 1
Basic Laboratory 2
Colony Base
Farm 1
Farm 2
Housing
Metal Mine
Mineral Mine
Power Plant

Resources:

Food: 113/500
Battery: 99/500
Metal: 60/500
Minerals: 36/500
Populace: 22/60

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 14 Pop, 4 Scientist):
2 Populace: Make Populace in Housing (-40 Food)
2 Scientist: Produce 12 Research in Basic Laboratory 2
2 Populace: Upgrade Power Plant to Duo Power Plant (-20 Minerals, 10/10 BP)

Research:
26/? Research spent on Orbital Trajectories

Maintenance:
Populace: 18 (-18 Food)
Housing - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)

Populace: 22
Structures:
Basic Laboratory 1
Basic Laboratory 2
Colony Base
Farm 1
Farm 2
Housing
Metal Mine
Mineral Mine
Duo Power Plant (B)

Resources:

Food: 91/500
Battery: 104/500
Metal: 86/500
Minerals: 18/500
Populace: 26/60

Actions:
Origin Primaris (Terran - 18 Pop, 4 Scientist):
2 Populace: Make Populace in Housing (-40 Food)
2 Populace: Produce 32 Battery in Duo Power Plant
2 Scientist: Produce 12 Research in Basic Laboratory 2
2 Populace: Produce 4 Research in Basic Laboratory 1

Research:
54/? Research spent on Orbital Trajectories

Maintenance:
Populace: 22 (-22 Food)
Duo Power Plant - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-4 Battery)
Housing - Origin Primaris: Active ability used (-2 Battery)

Populace: 26
Structures:
Basic Laboratory 1
Basic Laboratory 2
Colony Base
Farm 1
Farm 2
Housing
Metal Mine
Mineral Mine
Duo Power Plant
Power Plant (B)

PMChapmanii
2013-11-29, 10:33 PM
O yes, I represent the planphilic. As to name, it seams to be one of the many things I don't remember. I had a nasty fall getting out of my pod, well I guess it was more of a tumble from the top of the ship to the bottom. He takes a paper and makes some notes. I have been informed that due to some bad calculations we will actually be going into level 2 farms instead of level 3 energy and such. If you would still be willing to go with deal 2 then we can sweeten it with some of our rather advanced planning skills to aid in the growth of your group. Our planning skills are rather advanced. Not to interested in Scholastic Privileges but would be willing to include trading Orbital Trajectories for it as part of the deal at the end.
Passing her the paper he asks, Would you like to check out my office, If you like it I may be able to make one for you with some of my free time? He takes out a key and unlocks the door.

Nyna
2013-11-29, 11:11 PM
The Larinth Project

Iona would look over the note as she listened to the nameless man, nodding after a moment. "Planphilic, is it? And you don't remember your name? It's doubly a shame that we don't have our technology back, then, as I'm sure we could easily treat your memory loss if we had our old medical capabilities.

"And certainly, let's move into your office. It would be easier to discuss this further there. And no worries about decorating my room, I'm sure we'll get it taken care of ourselves once time permits. A personal touch is always nice anyways." Iona would follow the man into the office.

Once inside with the door closed, Iona would begin to speak. "If you have no interest in Scholastic Privileges, then we can propose an alternative deal that might suit us both. It would be simple enough for us to research Level 2 Farms in a short period of time; we could simply trade that to you in exchange for Orbital Trajectories, and otherwise keep the deal unaltered. That is, we would give you Level 2 Power Plants now, in exchange for Level 3 Power Plants in the near future, and once Orbital Trajectories are researched on your end, we can give you Level 2 Farms."

PMChapmanii
2013-11-29, 11:28 PM
He looks at his notes; I don't even see level 3 power on our list of needs, are you sure you need it? Orbital Trajectories for Farm level 2 sounds like a great idea that should benefit both of us. If you are trying to gain some form of profit and don't think our planning is worth much then we could offer Level2 Crystal Mine and Iron mine for the single technology as those are our next goals. Unless we discover something under Orbital Trajectories that we want to go after instead, at which case you could have that instead. We don't mind you making a profit from it, you're profit just needs to fall within our plans and we have no need at all to get power level 3 right now. I'm shocked you think you do.

Are you sure you don't want any aid with planning, we are really good at it? If you want to show your plan and decide to go with it instead when we present what we would do, then you could still go for the other level 2 mines or whatever is above orbital Trajectories.

(OOC: you really could use my help for planning.)

Nyna
2013-11-30, 12:43 AM
The Larinth Project

((OOC: Don't make the mistake of thinking that what I want is what I need. Also, while I'm sure it was unintentional, that last statement of yours was pretty offensive. I mean, really, you're basically saying that I don't know how to play the game. While I'm sure that's not what you meant, that's how I took it when I first read it. I'm over it, but please be a little more careful with your words?))

Iona would shake her head. "The Larinth Project is fine with its own plans, thank you very much. Just like with an office, plans are best done with a personal touch, and I'm sure our situation is not quite the same as your own.

"If you aren't interested in researching Level 3 Power Plants, then a different advanced tech would work as well, assuming it's something we're interested in. Something following Orbital Trajectories would likely work, though we don't know what sort of breakthroughs our researchers might have as of yet in that field. Barring that, we'll accept the Level 2 Crystal Mine and Level 2 Iron Mine techs instead, but it's a little outside of the original scope of this deal. It's not something I would have proposed myself, but if you're alright with it, we'll accept.

"Just to summarize to make sure we're on the same page, the deal would be the Level 2 Power Plant tech from us now in return for Level 2 Crystal Mine and Level 2 Iron Mine when researched, or a tech following from Orbital Trajectories, and Level 2 Farm from us for Orbital Trajectories. Is that acceptable?"

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-30, 08:29 AM
Stretching his muscles the young man threw over his formal clothing. Another days work well done, he inspected his new room.
As he stepped out of the shutter he looked around instantly wondering where the other representatives were. The first two ambassadors he had met were still in what seemed to be a private discussion and intruding would only be rude.
Looking for anyone else he begins to walk around the place, keeping his eyes open for anyone else.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-30, 10:21 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. Yes I do think that we are on the same page. He rights up a document, signs it with some fancy writing that probably means plan(something) and copy's it. If you would sign these, yours is the original.

(would it be good to say this was before the end of turn 10?) He then comes out of the office, Please lock the door when you are done. and turn to the other person, I see that you are done with your renovation? Are you looking for anyone in particular. And thinks to himself ~Now I have to make sure there aren't any bugs in these rooms or they will blame me.~ If anyone else came in you would have heard the bell over there door ring. Makes multitasking easier.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-30, 11:23 AM
"Ah.", he notes, staring at the doorway, "So it's just us three then?".
Shrugging he turned to the other Ambassador, "I figured that colonizing outside of the Empire might turn out to be a dangerous task, but this comes as a surprise. In the best case they decided to skip out on our meeting. In the worst case scenario, they're all dead.".
Shaking his head he turns to the man, "I don't believe I have introduced myself. I am Utu-Kembal of the sixth Dynasty of Uruk. Third son of Utu-Hengal of Uruk, King and Shepard to the people of Mesopotamia.", he bows slightly.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-30, 11:28 AM
There is one more group to have arrived so far, He just doesn't seam to be hear. I represent the Planphilic, I'm glad you decided to stay.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-30, 12:31 PM
"Anyway. How have you been doing on your own? I presume we were not the only ones having issues with our machinery. Located any of the other colonies yet?"

PMChapmanii
2013-11-30, 12:43 PM
We did make a trade of starmaps, however as part of the deal we don't trade where they are as it is up to them. And yes, so far no one has bothered to say that they are super rich in technology. We don't think anyone will be doing so, but the possibility is always there.

PMChapmanii
2013-11-30, 01:07 PM
Are you by chance interested in a trade of star maps or technology. We don't have any that we can trade right now, we will be getting some soon. He passes over a peace of paper turn 11 Orbital Trajectories
On the list for next research
Something in Orbital Trajectories
Level2 Iron Mine
Level2 Crystal Mine

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-30, 01:35 PM
The Ambassador smacks his lips, "By the 11th Cycle we will have advanced Power Plants, by the 12th the Orbital Trajectory. As for the others we would probably have done something alike by the 15th Cycle, although we would probably focus on what lies beyond the discovery of the Orbital Trajectory as well.".

I'm somewhat afraid that having to have the 10% researched while you can only invest once a turn will end with a overflow of Research Points and few things to spend them on. But sure, I will look into trading tech.

Nyna
2013-11-30, 03:49 PM
The Larinth Project

Iona would look over the paper briefly before signing it, leaving it on the desk as she stepped out of the office.
With a small sigh, Iona would exit the Planphilic office, nodding to the two outside as she stepped out. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." She would take a seat at the table again, closing her eyes for a moment in thought...

PMChapmanii
2013-11-30, 04:11 PM
Not at all, I think I am about to close a deal. He turns back to the king, If you would like I can get you Level2 Power Plant early and you can pay back with Factory technology. He then turns to iona, and gives her a note. Hear are some more notes for you.
Which will be going to you as well. In addition to what I am already giving you, you are making quite a profit today.

EDIT: OOC: When will you have level 2 farming? I should have Orbital Trajectories turn 11, which would mean you should have it turn 12.

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-30, 07:45 PM
"I am afraid it is too late for that. On the King's orders we have already made significant progress. Trading another technology for advanced Power Plants would not be in our favor.", the Ambassador explains in a calm voice, his eyes taking a slightly glassy tone.

Sitting down he folds his hands as he addresses the other Ambassador, "With all due respect, whom exactly do you represent?".

LordChaos13
2013-11-30, 07:48 PM
As you speak with one another there is a small sound from the New Yexan doorway. Shutting down, forever
A freak meteor storm razed the planet shortly after the colonist's planetfall and the power had finally run out

OOC: Pallid dropped because of Real Life issues

Assassin Fellow
2013-11-30, 08:15 PM
Wait, so this is it? Dead? Gone?
*Facedesks*
Welp, that was the third attempt.

LordChaos13
2013-11-30, 08:35 PM
Just pallid, the rest of us are still here

PMChapmanii
2013-11-30, 10:57 PM
How about for orbital trajectory? I should be able to provide that at the end of the 11th rotation and in turn receive Factory at a later, yet close date? Or something else I don't have?

Where are my manners, this is Iona of Larinth. He gestures with his hands and makes a small bow.

Assassin Fellow
2013-12-01, 08:28 AM
Just pallid, the rest of us are still here

OOC: I don't know how you do it, but you have a way of scaring the crap out of me. When I read Pallid I never thought of the player, but the word. Guess I done messed up again.

The Ambassador rubbed his chin, while slightly leaning backwards and exhaling, "If you were able to provide us the Orbital Trajectory at the end of the eleventh cycle, I suppose we could provide Industrial Technologies at the end of the twelfth cycle.".

Turning to the ambassador that just returned from Iona of Larith's room shortly addressed her, "While we are already discussing the trade of information, would you happen to be interested in Industrial Technologies as well?".

LordChaos13
2013-12-01, 08:42 AM
OOC: It is a gift, a most wonderful gifty gift of giftyness :smallamused:

In game news: Anyone who has an effect gotten from a non-rule action please give it an obscuring name (in case Chapmanii goes unspoiling again :smallmad:) and it's effects. Mostly so I dont get confused and PM you about your wrongness.

Nyna
2013-12-01, 12:03 PM
The Larinth Project

Iona would look up as a note was passed to her, nodding as she looked it over before answering the questions addressed to her. "Aah, my apologies for not introducing myself. As he said, I am Iona Ardins, representative of the Larinth Project. We certainly do have interest in improving our industrial base. If you'd be willing to assist us with that, we could send over information that would help to improve your farms."

We should have Farms done by the end of turn 11.
Just to write out in full, the trade would be Level 2 Farms for Factories, on turn 12.

Assassin Fellow
2013-12-02, 03:05 PM
The Ambassador nods, "Very well then. We will send you our industrial advances in exchange for your farming expertise once we've made the necessary progress.".

PMChapmanii
2013-12-04, 04:15 PM
(Orbital Trajectories unlocked turn 11, for trade as planed.)

Terran Planet A (21civ, 2 sci):
11 civ: Work 2 Crystal Mine, 2 Iron Mine, 3 farm, 2 duo power plants
2 civ: Construct farm
3 civ: Reproduce -60
1 civ: Construct Housing 1/2
2 sci: research +14
2 civ: train to be tec
2 civ: Construct Shipyard

Upkeep:
- 31 Battery
- 23 Food

loss:
- 30 Metal
- 50 Minerals
- 60 food

Gain
66 Food
58 Battery
24 Metal
24 Minerals
18 research

Spend 25 Research to get Orbital Trajectories

Total
4 Food
31 Battery
24 Metal
0 Minerals
3 research

Terran Planet A (22civ, 2 sci, 2 tec):
14 civ, 2 tec: Work 4 Crystal Mine, 4 Iron Mine, 4 farm, 2 Duo power plant
2 sci: research +14
3 civ: Reproduce -60
2 civ: train to be tec
2 civ: Construct power plant or research some designs. (get back crystal loss power)
1 civ: Finish Housing

Upkeep:
- 51 Battery
- 26 Food

loss:
- 0 Metal
- 40 Minerals
- 60 food

Gain
88 Food
58 Battery
52 Metal