PDA

View Full Version : Under the Red Sky (Ariya IC)

Stormageddon
2013-11-21, 09:06 PM
This is your own IC please save this one. If you join a group this will still be here for you to make actions on your own.

It's morning the first time you step through the gates into the city of New Orcus through the north gate. The famed lights of New Orcus fill the red sky causing a beautiful show that you have never seen the likes of before. The dry ground of cracked earth crumbles beneath your boots.

The gate opens up into market where all manner of merchants are shouting out there goods for sale. The patrons of the market come in all shapes, sizes, and races. A Merchant caravan clangs by you as wagons with out horses pulling them passes by.

You spend some time talking to different people and you find out the following about what's happening in the city.

Keepers in the city are collecting bounties on creatures from the wilds.
The Ivory towers lord is about to marry an unknown lady.

The lord of the spiral tower’s daughter has not been seen in public in a long time.

The wardens are looking for help to get water to the farms surrounding new Orcus.

shugyosha
2013-11-22, 12:09 PM
Ariya

She had kept to herself for the last few days and it was nice to be out with other people. The smell of the market enticed her. After paying for some tasty treats she saw she had better find a way to make more coins. Hearing the happening of the lords peaked her interest. If they had problems they might pay well for someone to solve them. However, it seemed to quickest way for some funds would be the bounties.

She went to inquire more but kept her ears alter for any word of the cloistered daughter.

[roll0] diplomacy (gather info) using versatile performance

Stormageddon
2013-11-23, 12:21 PM
You come on a Dwarf merchant named Galim. Dressed in chainmail and fine silk. Red hair with a braided beard.

"The Spiral tower? Why weird things are going on their. rules the lord passed now being reversed by her for no rhyme or reason. Seems funny if you ask me. Plus its been over a month since the normally public and beautiful daughter has been seen... Very strange times..."

shugyosha
2013-11-24, 11:26 AM
Ariya

She smiles at the dwarf. "Did something happen to the lord before this? Did he have a guest or some event around the time he started rescinding his rules? And what rules has he changed, who do they effect?" she asks.

Stormageddon
2013-11-25, 01:45 AM
She. It's a her. It's maybe confusing to outsiders but the title Lord represents the position not the gender. All those questions I do not know her personally, you understand rumors is all I have heard. Mainly cutting back her power within the city. No more funds to the Keepers, and things of that nature.

shugyosha
2013-11-26, 12:48 AM
Ariya

"The lord of the Spiral Tower and the daughter are the same person? Yes, that is confusing. Who are the Keepers?" he ask still a bit perplexed.

Stormageddon
2013-11-27, 03:03 AM
"No, No, No the lord of the tower is a lady. The HER daughter has disappeared. The Keep are a bunch of zealots bent on reclaiming the wilds... As if such a thing were possible."

shugyosha
2013-11-27, 12:07 PM
Ariya

She blushes at her mistake. "Oh, I get now. I'm sorry for my confusion. Thank you very much, Galim. You've been very helpful," she says.

Ariya, decides best to look up the Keepers and see what kind of bounties they were offering and if she can find out their connection to the Lady of Spiral tower.

What kind of things was Galim selling?

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 02:41 PM
He's selling bulk metal, Iron, steel, and bronze.

After asking directions from some random people. You end up outside of this ragged building on what is clearly the bad side of town. You enter into the building, and see a couple of people sorting through paperwork. So deeply involved in their work that they do not seem to notice your entry into the room.

shugyosha
2013-11-29, 04:51 PM
Ariya

She taps her knuckles on the table; "Excuse me, I saw the fliers about bounties for creatures in the wild. I was hoping someone can explain to me exactly what you folk are looking for."

Stormageddon
2013-11-30, 12:29 AM
Surprised by your entrance the woman looks up and greets you.

"Oh hello! An offal lot of your sort coming around lately. The bounty is for all beast out in the wild it doesn't matter what you kill we will pay well for proof of anything you kill. Monsters everywhere we are trying to fight back."

shugyosha
2013-11-30, 01:22 AM
Ariya

"How much you pay?" she asks with a smile.

Stormageddon
2013-11-30, 02:10 AM
Depends on the creature, and how much of a threat it was to civilized people. 10 to a 100 gp in most cases.

shugyosha
2013-11-30, 10:11 PM
Ariya

She nods, smiles, and then leaves. Heading towards the wilds to find something that might maker her some money and then may give her some contacts.

Stormageddon
2013-11-30, 10:21 PM
Which gate are you going through? North or south? How long do you plan to hunt for? How are you hunting?

shugyosha
2013-11-30, 11:25 PM
gate: which ever is closest
how long: couple days
how: walking and hoping for the best. (she's not that experienced at this sort of thing)

Stormageddon
2013-12-02, 02:21 AM
You leave through the south gate.

Lets see how you do.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Stormageddon
2013-12-02, 02:29 AM
You wander for about a hour and a half.

Give me a perception check please.

shugyosha
2013-12-03, 12:21 AM
Ariya

She walked through the forrest trying to keep quiet and her eyes pealed for anything that she might think could make her coin.

[roll0] perception
[roll1] stealth

Stormageddon
2013-12-03, 02:19 AM
Per [roll0]
[roll1]

Stormageddon
2013-12-03, 02:22 AM
You are quietly moving through the cracked plains when you spot a large wolf. Its' face is half rotted off and it move as if it is walking if three legs. It hasn't noticed you yet.

shugyosha
2013-12-03, 09:24 PM
Ariya

She looked at the poor creature. Compassion filled but the thought of it continuing and the pain it must be in; she thought it best to put the creature out if of it's misery.

She charged forth with blade in hand and swung at the wolf.

[roll0] attack with arcane strike
[roll1]

init
[roll2]

shugyosha
2013-12-03, 09:25 PM
crit confirm
[roll0]
and +2 fire damage from flame of the dawn flower trait

Stormageddon
2013-12-04, 06:11 PM
Well that was a boring fight. haha

You swing wildly cutting the creatures head off. It falls to the ground.

Exp 400 tougher next time.

shugyosha
2013-12-04, 06:37 PM
Ariya

She looked at the corpse of the wolf. The thought of spreading the disease gave her pause. Not wanting to bring it back to the city she thought it best to continue looking for another beast to kill and bring back.

Stormageddon
2013-12-06, 02:35 AM
[roll0]....

Stormageddon
2013-12-06, 02:37 AM
You stalk for another hour when you come over a hill and peak between a couple of boulders to see 3 hyena like humanoids speaking to each other around a freshly killed dear.

shugyosha
2013-12-06, 10:22 PM
Ariya

She had the element of surprise while they ate their kill. With her blade drawn she pirouetted closer to them.

move: get 40 or so feet to them
standard: start battle dance
[roll0] init

Stormageddon
2013-12-07, 03:57 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stormageddon
2013-12-07, 03:58 PM
You will Init go ahead.

shugyosha
2013-12-07, 11:41 PM
Ariya

She continues her dance as she approaches, bobbing and weaving from side to side until she gets close enough to release her spell.

move within 15 ft; cast Chord of shards.
[roll0] damage vs ref save DC14

Stormageddon
2013-12-09, 02:29 AM
[roll0]......

Stormageddon
2013-12-09, 02:32 AM
The beast dodges just out of the way as your shards fly past his head. The draw spears as they move forward to attack.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]

shugyosha
2013-12-09, 08:57 AM
Ariya

She dances out of reach of their spears and lunges forward with her attack.

I was hoping to catch more than 1 in the spell area, but I should be glad only 2 are attacking.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage (battle dance and arcane strike)

[roll2] crit (just in case)

Stormageddon
2013-12-10, 01:35 PM
Your scimitar leaves a nasty gash across the Gnoll's chest as he howls in pain. His eyes fill with blood lust as he recklessly stabs at you again followed with a thrust from his companion.

[roll0] Damage [roll1]
[roll2] Damage [roll3]

shugyosha
2013-12-10, 06:08 PM
Ariya

The Spear took a good piece of flesh with it. Fighting though the pain Airya continued her assault on that Gnoll. Slipping to his flank, trying to put one knoll behind the other she dances across them.

5' move to try and not get flanked
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

[roll2] just in case I crit threat

Stormageddon
2013-12-11, 01:28 PM
You slice through his snout removing part of his jaw. The other one knocks past the slain gnoll and stabs at you.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-12-11, 03:58 PM
Ariya

She spun around the spear tip and returned with a back handed slice.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Stormageddon
2013-12-12, 06:54 PM
You slice deep into the leg of the gnoll. He screams in rage bringing the spear down on you in a rage.

attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

shugyosha
2013-12-13, 12:56 AM
Ariya

A tearing sound is made as the spear pierces Ariya's tattered clothes and narrowly misses her flesh. Snarling at the knoll for his efforts Ariya kicks up her right leg as a distraction and scopes her blade up at the knoll.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Stormageddon
2013-12-13, 08:54 PM
You slice across the neck on the gnoll putting him out of his misery. Your enemies lay dead before you.

Which way are you traveling? 800 EXP.

shugyosha
2013-12-14, 01:36 AM
Ariya

As knoll blood soaked the ground the young woman shock pieces of meat and bone from her blade before sheathing it. She healed herself and looked over the bodies for anything of value before taking their right hands as proof of her fight.

CLW
[roll0]

take 10 to loot the bodies 14 for a search

cut off the hands and return back.

Stormageddon
2013-12-17, 02:35 AM
Your journey back to New Orcus is unhampered by monsters. You enter in through the north gate and find yourself in the Market once again.

shugyosha
2013-12-17, 10:59 AM
Ariya

She headed towards the Keepers again. Entering their building she finds the people she had talked to before and unceremoniously drops the three knoll hands on the table. "Three gnolls. I also killed a deceased wolf thing but thought it best not to bring it back here."

Was there nothing on the gnolls besides the spears? Trinkets, etc?

Stormageddon
2013-12-19, 03:24 AM
3 spears, 3 leather armors, and three longbows with 60 arrows.

"Wonderful! With the standard bounty that comes to 100 gold pieces. I'll be right back." She goes into a back room for a minute and comes out holding a bag of gold that she hands to you.

"Thank you so much for your service!"

shugyosha
2013-12-19, 10:57 PM
Ariya

"Thanks," she says as she picks up the bag of coins. "So do you guys know anything about that deceased wolf I saw?"

Should have done this when she saw it but Nature check on the wolf thing
[roll0]

"Hmm… I also hear that you guys have had a falling out with the Lord of the Spiral Tower? Maybe I can help."

Stormageddon
2013-12-30, 01:55 AM
"Hmmmm... The way you tell it it doesn't sound like a natural beast. Maybe an undead."

"Yes... The Lord of the Spiral tower seems to have cut funding to our cause... You think you could talk her into to once more supporting our cause that would be greatly appreciated!"

shugyosha
2014-01-01, 01:11 AM
Ariya

"Undead… an undead wolf?" she said with wonder.

When asked about the Lord of the Spiral Tower she smiles and nods, "Yes, I could do that. How does one get a meeting with her."

Stormageddon
2014-01-02, 11:49 PM
"Yes the undead come in all sorts of evil. You can request an audience with her at the tower."

shugyosha
2014-01-05, 10:22 PM
Ariya

"Oh, yes, I'll do that," she says, "and find out what her grievance is."

Ariya heads back out and towards the tower.

Stormageddon
2014-01-07, 01:51 AM
You manage to find your way through the city to the Spiral Tower.

You enter through glass doors entering into a breath taking scene. The huge lobby is about 30 feet high. Its' walls are made out of glass floor to ceiling. There are two 20 foot waterfalls falling into pools that are line with some kind of crystal on either side of a 20 foot stair case leading to a elevator door.

On the floor there are couches that surround tables where people are sitting and talking. Stores can be seen just behind the waterfalls sell a variety of goods.

A receptionist sits behind a desk off to your right.

shugyosha
2014-01-07, 05:50 PM
Ariya

The young woman is captivated by the opulence of the room. She looks for other means of entry, like a servants entrance.

"Hello," she says to the receptionist. "Is it possible to see her Lordship today?"

Stormageddon
2014-01-11, 02:50 AM
Give me a perception check for the servants entrance.

The receptionist speaks up "Hmmm lots of people here for the Lord. If you're here for the maid position; I can tell you it has been taken. Who may I say is calling and what business do you have?

shugyosha
2014-01-13, 11:27 AM
Ariya

"I'm Ariya, and I'm here on the behalf of the Keepers", she says leaning over to talk to the receptionist.

[roll0] perception for servant's entrance
[roll1] perception to see if she can take a look at the receptionists schedule of appointments.

Stormageddon
2014-01-17, 01:43 AM
Ok please wait I will let her know she has a guest. Please take a seat.

You look at her book. The lord has a busy morning seeing many visitors. The last note was Oriana/maid.

You notice as you watch the lobby that servants seem to disappear around the right waterfall.

shugyosha
2014-01-19, 10:10 PM
Ariya

Ariya she smiles and then takes a seat. While she waits she watches those that come through.

perception
[roll0]

Stormageddon
2014-01-20, 02:27 AM
No one really of much interest comes in a few higher class civilians, a guard, and a servant. The Lady calls over after a half a hour "She will see you now. Please talk the lift to the 32nd level."