PDA

View Full Version : From Darkness, They Descend Upon the World: A Dungeon World Campaign Journal.

Stake A Vamp
2013-11-21, 10:03 PM
i started a campaign with my players using the dungeon-world system (witch you should totally check out BTW)

Olive: a halfling fighter. she is a BFS, has a strength of 16, and wields a blade twice her size. her personality is comparable to Nora valkyrie's
Jamie: a thief. s/he fights with a rapier and throwing daggers, is deeply chaotic, has kleptomania, and is occasionally refered to as "your androgenousness"
Shrike:a ranger, he wields a bow and twin short-swords (if memory serves) and is the straight man of the group.
Drasken: a quiet elven bard, he wields a rapier and ragged hunting bow, and remembers tale forgotten by the humans in the world

my first session was kinda quick, so here is the account.

our story begins as three of our heroes (Olive, Drasken, and Jamie) enter a village. they are there to resupply and resume their journey to nowhere in particular. when they enter the village, they see that recently, perhaps as recently as the previous evening. and what's more there are no people to be seen.
As they begin to examine the town, the townsfolk show themselves. three hold the heroes at spear-point, whilst a dozen others had arrows aimed at them from the surrounding buildings. "what happened here?" olive asks the closest townsman " well little Missy, dem gobuns did rob us blind's what happened" the rather elderly townsman replied "what did they take?" asked olive "they took every last thing in the granary, it's damn bad timing too, if they had robbed us two months ago, it wouldn't be nearly as bad, but winter is a commin', and it's gonna be a bad one. i can feel it in my bones. whats more they raided our armoury. we had more than a few weapons we were holding on to for the rangers, and a few more that they gave us to defend ourselves with. they raided the weapons shed and took everything." "that's horrible" ollive repied.
meanwhile Jamie was looking around. first thing s/he established, they were dirt poor, nothing worth stealing. secondly she examined the village and discovered that the fighting must have been much more intense around the granary than around the weapons shed. thirdly, s/he was suspicious of the mans account, and examined their weapons, which rightly, they shouldn't have. upon basic inspection, she noticed that the spears were just sharpened branches, and the bows just bent saplings with twine. olive asks "what can we do to help?" "well, there's a ranger tracking the goblins, he went west, if yall hurry, you could catch him." so off they went, seeking adventure, glory, and riches.
eventually they reached the ranger. as she recognized her old friend, olive jumped up onto his shoulders yelling "shrike, buddy, what's happening" "well, I was tracking these goblins. but then a meter tall madwoman leaped onto my shoulders." replied shrike then, olive got off his shoulders as the remaining members of the party caught up. "Well, i found out where they were going. also that there are at least sixty. i would apreciate some backup." "this would make an excellent tale" replied Drasken "sounds profitable" replied Jamie "it won't be a fight, it will be a slaughter" laughed olive.
so it begins...