PDA

View Full Version : Help realizing a character concept...?

Zanfire
2013-11-21, 10:53 PM
I have this idea for a build, and a few pieces that might be useful, but I'm having a hard time nailing it down and making it efficient, so I'm turning to the playground and hoping someone with better system mastery than I can help iron out the details.

Essentially I'm looking to build a character that can move across the battlefield via short range teleports during a full attack sequence, using each attack against a new opponent, scoring a new full attack against each opponent.

Originally I was thinking some combination of Dervish and Telflammar Shadowlord, until google returned the PF Dimensional Dervish feet, which would essentially replace the entire Dervish class, but I'm iffy on back porting it to 3.5.

Was thinking of tacking on Knockback for some trip looping which requires Powerattack, which combined with the flavor of Dervish made me think of Revenant Blade for Dual Scimitar Powerattacking.

Instead of the traditional Tempest to offset the Two Weapon Fighting penalties I was actually thinking of Bloodclaw Master instead.

Another idea was for Rolibar's Gambit or the like to score more kills off Attacks of Opportunities, but if I'm teleporting that wouldn't really be an issue, correct?

As for books, since this is just for fun, nothing is off the table at all.

Thanks in advance for any input!

AMFV
2013-11-22, 02:18 AM
What level range are we looking at?

Snowbluff
2013-11-22, 02:30 AM
Dimensional Dervish is neat, but it doesn't work with every teleport, IIRC.

A warblade into bloodclaw master would be neat, but you have to make sure you can do A LOT with those 2 weapons to make it worth while. The feat cost is simply tremendous, and that's before getting into Shadowlord. I would suggest dropping TWF.

A duskblade might be neat, but they hardly get the right skills. Tehy do get some nice, low level teleportation spells.

Zanfire
2013-11-22, 10:21 AM
What level range are we looking at?

Pre-epic would be nice, if that's doable, so level 20.

Dimensional Dervish is neat, but it doesn't work with every teleport, IIRC.

Dimensional Dervish works on Dimension Door, and Shadow Jump works as Dimension Door...was kinda hoping that was enough?

A warblade into bloodclaw master would be neat, but you have to make sure you can do A LOT with those 2 weapons to make it worth while. The feat cost is simply tremendous, and that's before getting into Shadowlord. I would suggest dropping TWF.

Been going back and forth between Warblade and Swordsage, was thinking Warblade into Dervish originally, but Assassin's Stance would help with qualifying for Telflammar Shadowlord.

A duskblade might be neat, but they hardly get the right skills. Tehy do get some nice, low level teleportation spells.

Absolutely love Duskblades, if I could fit 13 levels of it into every build I would, but it's not exactly the flavor I was going for with this, but for a gestalt, now that would be incredible...