Eureka!
Divination
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, M
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round

With a quick cry of "Eureka!" you toss a small bit of phosphorus in the air which quickly lights above your head, clearing your head and granting you new insight.

The flash of insight granted by this spell gives you a +4 insight bonus on all Intelligence checks and all Intelligence based skills.

Material Component: A small pinch of phosphorus.

XtheYeti
2007-01-12, 08:28 AM
ha, um this should be a 2nd level spell. you just raised the Dc of all your spells by 2. this is a maximized one round Fox cunning... needs to be a higher level

Rierdrex
2007-01-12, 08:43 AM
If I'm reading the spell right, I don't think he raises the intelligence score by 4, he just has a +4 bonus to intelligence checks and int based skill checks. It's a good 0 level spell, and actually useful, unlike many of the ones already published.

TheOOB
2007-01-12, 12:23 PM
This doesn't affect spellcasting, it's just for getting that sudden burst of insight to succeed a knowledge check or figure out a puzzle or disable a confounding trap and so on.

XtheYeti
2007-01-12, 12:32 PM
ok then thats cool. I thought you were actualy giving yourself a Int Bonus for the round...ok not broken

(SEAL OF OPROVAL)

The_Ferg
2007-01-12, 01:14 PM
Not broken, so I therefore like it. I probably wouldn't use it, but I tend to have left over 0 level spell slots once higher levels come along, so then it would start appearing.

Behold_the_Void
2007-01-12, 01:52 PM
Any spell that involves simulating the cartoon lightbulb going on above the head and the word "eureka" wins in my book.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-12, 02:32 PM
Actually, it'd be a torch since it's a medieval idea.