PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Jake/Malack!

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-22, 10:47 AM
{Scrubbed}

Emulgator
2013-11-22, 11:08 AM
Your comedy reminds me of the strip in which Redcloak execued comedy by using a pie with acid on two hobgoblins. Your problem is the dull repetitivness of your work, you are the overused pie gag. And we need some kind of Xykon to make it relevant again, to show a new side of the boring, disappointing act. Preferably by crossing the line.

NerdyKris
2013-11-22, 11:14 AM
{Scrubbed}

Paseo H
2013-11-22, 11:18 AM
Ugh. Can you please stop with the random "wacky" persona? Your posts make zero sense. You're not funny. You're just incoherent.

Don't like it, don't read.

Still, it'd be funnier if I knew/remembered who this Jake is supposed to be.

Werbaer
2013-11-22, 11:24 AM
Your posts make zero sense.
Ah, i thought it was only for me because english isn't my first language. Thanks.

Porthos
2013-11-22, 11:25 AM

IIRC, "Jake" is Malack's "real" name, according to Luna.

Kish
2013-11-22, 11:31 AM

Her earliest humor posts involved dreaming the "real name" of each person in the comic who has mentioned not using his original name. I forget Xykon's and Redcloak's (they didn't come up again, unlike Malack), but Malack's was Jake "the Mauler"--Smith, I think, was his surname.

And yes...Luna's odd *coughdeadcough* taste in men aside, her posts are amusing.

Paseo H
2013-11-22, 11:46 AM
Ahh...I didn't know.

So Luna, that's an interesting style of verse you have going. I'm only passing in familiarity with poetic styles, what style is it that you're using?

Finn Solomon
2013-11-22, 11:56 AM
I am poorer, in mind and spirit, for having read the original post. I will now do my best to pretend that it never existed.

NerdyKris
2013-11-22, 01:52 PM

That's a ridiculous statement. If you don't want to be told that your post is gibberish, don't make gibberish posts. You don't want to be told that you're posting nonsense, don't post nonsense.

NihhusHuotAliro
2013-11-22, 01:54 PM
See, this is exactly the kind of creativity and imagination we need more of around this forum.

Well done, Luna.

-note: I'm being completely sincere, here.-

Toper
2013-11-22, 02:01 PM
I also enjoyed this post, but found the Jake thing confusing.

KillianHawkeye
2013-11-22, 07:12 PM
I have no problem with what she writes. I'm smart enough to stop reading after the first sentence. I just wish she'd stop using the forums as her own personal fan fiction blog. There are web sites dedicated to that kind of stuff already.

Paseo H
2013-11-22, 11:48 PM
That's a ridiculous statement. If you don't want to be told that your post is gibberish, don't make gibberish posts. You don't want to be told that you're posting nonsense, don't post nonsense.

In other words, everyone needs your kind of stability.

Lombard
2013-11-22, 11:56 PM
The OP has succeeded in reminding me of a memory I had not thought of in quite some time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCkTVESc0fQ

:amused:

Gift Jeraff
2013-11-23, 12:02 AM
Why

Stopped reading right there.

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-24, 02:29 PM
Aww, I can always count on you guys for the kindest of remarks. NerdyKris, you're 8/10 on the fun scale.

SebastionMaugri
2013-11-24, 03:32 PM
Her posts bring to mind a younger sibling waving their hands in your face while shouting "Not touching you!" Strictly speaking it isn't breaking any rules, but still obviously done with intent to annoy.

Emulgator
2013-11-24, 03:49 PM
Yeah, we need some acid with that pie. Like ban her for a week for some holy wrath or something. The boring pseudowacky fanfiction just isn't cutting it these days, especially when it's so stagnant.

Sloanzilla
2013-11-24, 04:07 PM
this forum has 9,000 highly analytical, somewhat snarky types
kind of appreciate this Mayflower person for his/her diversity

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-24, 07:32 PM
Yeah, we need some acid with that pie. Like ban her for a week for some holy wrath or something. The boring pseudowacky fanfiction just isn't cutting it these days, especially when it's so stagnant.

Kind of off topic. We're talking about Malack, and what you think of him!

ti'esar
2013-11-24, 07:36 PM
In other words, everyone needs your kind of stability.

:smallbiggrin:

Wasn't there a wrestler named Jake "the Snake"?

Rakoa
2013-11-24, 08:29 PM
this forum has 9,000 highly analytical, somewhat snarky types
kind of appreciate this Mayflower person for his/her diversity

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I enjoy the analysis, but a bit of random quirk is not out of place. I can appreciate it, anyway, and it really isn't hurting anybody.

HZ514
2013-11-24, 09:46 PM
Kind of off topic. We're talking about Malack, and what you think of him!

If you want an actual thread talking about Malack, then make one with a coherent first post. No one takes you seriously, because you actively act like a court jester. Which is fine, since the things you post are at least entertaining in their own...special manner, and I assume that's your goal. But don't hide behind the guise of "wanting serious discussion" when people predictably dislike the nonsense you type, own the fact that your post is meant to be devoid of any legitimacy. Otherwise it's just sad.

Lvl45DM!
2013-11-24, 10:12 PM
{Scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2013-11-24, 10:26 PM
Sheriff: Locked for review. This forum is not anyone's personal fan fiction blog, but there is a subforum for fan fiction called "Arts & Crafts." Also, insulting other posters and telling others what to post or not post are not permitted here. I'm not going to scrub all the quotes in this thread because it is staying locked.