PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 shoulderbow

lytokk
2013-11-22, 01:11 PM
So, I'm wanting to translate the shoulderbow warforged component (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Shoulderbow) down to 3.5 from 4, but I know nothing about 4e, mostly in regards to how much items should cost and such. Has anyone already done this? I can't seem to find an entry anywhere.

Or should this go in the 4e subforum?

Fax Celestis
2013-11-22, 01:28 PM
So, I'm wanting to translate the shoulderbow warforged component (http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Shoulderbow) down to 3.5 from 4, but I know nothing about 4e, mostly in regards to how much items should cost and such. Has anyone already done this? I can't seem to find an entry anywhere.

Or should this go in the 4e subforum?

The armbow is a warforged component in ECS, acting as a +2 repeating light crossbow for 20000gp. It replaces the warforged's hand and can make up to 20 bolts each day.

A noncomponent +2 repeating light crossbow is 8550gp, so to make it a component and give it the self-reloading function is 11450gp. Despite the fact that the armbow uses minor creation as a creative component, it probably has more in common with the bolt (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/bolt.htm) psionic power. 1st level power * 1st level manifester * 2000 gp for use activated * 20/5 charges per day = 8000gp for the self reloading function.

Which leaves us with 3450gp for a warforged component cost.

Frankly, though, all this math is unnecessary. You can essentially change this from an arm-slot item for 20000gp to a shoulder-slot item for 30000gp (the nonassociated slot magic item cost multiplier is *1.5).

Now the math above is useful, as it means we can put a masterwork repeating light crossbow on the shoulder for 550gp (masterwork light repeating crossbow) + 3450 (warforged component cost) * 1.5 unassociated slot multiplier = 6000gp

It can be enchanted as a weapon via standard magic enchanting rules and won't reload itself (though you can add that function for 8000*1.5 gp as long as it's already magical and as I delineated above).

lytokk
2013-11-22, 01:51 PM
Ok, so what I'm getting, I think, is its either going to cost 30,000 or 11,450, depending on if its created using the armbow mechanic or the psionic bolt method.

Basically, just working around in my head what it would take to make a warforged predator. 12,000 for goggles of night, which should have no cost to make it an attached component, since it'll still be taking up the head slot. The armblade can be moved to the bracer slot, *1.5 making it cost 3450. The other bracer slot being taken up by some sort of explosive spell, most likely explosive runes, which would be relatively cheap considering the rest of the items. That just leaves the cloak, but class abilities/potions can take care of that.

Thanks for the help.

vitkiraven
2013-11-22, 01:59 PM
Or... use Launch Bolt spell on a case that carries the bolts. Once per round, use activated item would be what, 1000gp? Add it to an ever full quiver or other magical quiver if need be, and then re-skin.
Edit- away from books, double checking math might be good.

IAmTehDave
2013-11-22, 03:19 PM
Or... use Launch Bolt spell on a case that carries the bolts. Once per round, use activated item would be what, 1000gp? Add it to an ever full quiver or other magical quiver if need be, and then re-skin.
Edit- away from books, double checking math might be good.

The difference would be, AFAIK, that a shoulder mounted auto-reload crossbow would add itself to the warforged's attack routine. A use-activated launch bolt spell on the shoulder is, well, use-activated (Standard action)

Though I'm not terribly familiar with Warforged components, so that first sentence could be wrong.