PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A bit of advice

BeastofMadness
2013-11-22, 02:40 PM
Alright, so I have a sincere problem. In my group, we have a large number of people playing at the same time, so my idea for my character has a large possibility of going right out the window. Originally he was supposed to create his own army/followers via the leadership feat.

A bit of information though, my DM approved my race, told me to not take the level adjustment because of my background being actually written and explained unlike the rest of the party. He allowed me to keep all aspects of it, allowed myself to gestalt, and fiddled with the immunities.

Anyways, it is one ability point per odd level, we get to choose two weapons and daggers that we can use, we get one feat per level. I generally want to take my character down the path of being able to help other people, but at the same time being able to hack and slash people in the middle of combat. He is built towards appearing outwardly as being a bard type without being a bard.

Character Sheet [as of now]
Marshall 5/Beguiler 5
Race: Incubus [[succubus]]
Str: 15
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 22
Wis: 17
Cha: 34
Minor Auras: Motivate Dex/Wis/Cha
Major Auras: Resilient Troops/Motivate Attack
Feats: Skill Focus [diplomacy] / Silent Spell / Coercive spell / Combat Expertise / Improved Feint / Force of Personality / Eschew Mats
Skills:8 ranks: Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Forgery, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Spot, UMD
5 ranks: Climb, Concentrate, Profession Mercenary, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft
4 Ranks: Appraise, Decipher Script, Know Arca, Know Local, Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Survival

Alright, and now I have four levels to put in, and that means two ability points to place, and 4 feats to spend. I was heavily leaning towards taking Never Outnumbered skill trick, and taking the imperious command feat. Any advice for me is welcome, but if you are going to criticize, please make it constructive. Flavor and fluff is also welcomed, as this character was intended to make an army and become a General in the world he is currently in.

Red Fel
2013-11-22, 03:09 PM
I would start by looking at the X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) list for ways to use your ludicrously awesome Cha modifier. And there is a lot you can do with Cha.

I would use this list as a starting point, then determine, based on what direction you want to take your character in, which ones are worth pursuing.

BeastofMadness
2013-11-22, 03:15 PM
I would start by looking at the X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) list for ways to use your ludicrously awesome Cha modifier. And there is a lot you can do with Cha.

I would use this list as a starting point, then determine, based on what direction you want to take your character in, which ones are worth pursuing.

Indeed, and thank you for the link. However, I am still quite unsure of what to do with these four levels in order to get the most power/use out of them considering my modifier is at the point of getting everyone to practically auto-succeed most of their checks if they roll decently.

EDIT: I found what to do for the four levels, feats and such because of that link. Thank you.