PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist Suggestions

DruidAlanon
2013-11-22, 08:32 PM
I just saw N. Jolly's guide so it was just inevitable to think of Full Metal Alchemist.

I am aware of some older threads and other sources:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11883
some dnd wiki articles

Quite straightforward, do you have in mind any suitable classes and any possible builds that are close to how alchemy functions in FMA?

I guess some little homeruling can be made but, official stuff is always preferred.

Psyren
2013-11-22, 08:33 PM
I would combine Renegade Mastermaker with some kind of seal/rune-based magic system. Maybe Wizard/Runesmith/RMM/Geometer.

Nettlekid
2013-11-22, 10:53 PM
The Shaper of Form class in the Dragon Compendium has always struck me as kind of FMA alchemist-y. With all the...form shaping and stuff.

I think the closest thing to FMA alchemy, at least how Ed uses it most often, are any of the _____ Shape spells (Stone Shape, Wood Shape, Shape Metal, etc). It would be a bit anticlimactic, but if you had a trigger-activated item of Polymorph Any Object that activated when you clapped your hands, you'd be able to use PaO's other effects (the spells it says it can mimic, not the actual turning of a pebble into a dragon thing) to do all those with little trouble.

DruidAlanon
2013-11-23, 06:37 AM
The Shaper of Form class in the Dragon Compendium has always struck me as kind of FMA alchemist-y. With all the...form shaping and stuff.

I think the closest thing to FMA alchemy, at least how Ed uses it most often, are any of the _____ Shape spells (Stone Shape, Wood Shape, Shape Metal, etc). It would be a bit anticlimactic, but if you had a trigger-activated item of Polymorph Any Object that activated when you clapped your hands, you'd be able to use PaO's other effects (the spells it says it can mimic, not the actual turning of a pebble into a dragon thing) to do all those with little trouble.

Yes, I haven't thought of Shaper of Form. Descent prestige, I think it does exactly that. Should the base class be different than mage?