PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice Help with Diversity Day

Lorick
2013-11-22, 09:21 PM
Hello Playground. I'm meant to make a presentation for something called "Diversity Day", which is what it sounds like; celebrating differences between people. Unfortunately, I'm not a very creative person, and was going to just end up making a power point of different people.
Before I do that, though, I thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of the internet if they have any good ideas for something like this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SarahV
2013-11-22, 10:26 PM
Maybe you could present diversity with a tighter focus that would be relevant to you and/or the people you are presenting to... like comparing how different cultures have celebrated harvest holidays (or winter solstice, or New Years, depending when your presentation is), or looking at the various traditional foods that immigrants and natives have brought to your country/region and how they changed when they assimilated with the local traditions.

JeminiZero
2013-11-22, 10:33 PM
Maybe you could try lampshading your lack of creativity. For example:

(Title Slide. Caption: Diversity Day)
So I am here today to celebrate diversity day. There are all sorts of differences amongst people, and that's OK.
(Next Slide. Caption: Creative People. Picture of your favourite Artist/Singer/Whatever)
For example, some of us are brilliant Artists/Singers/Whatever and can come up with (pad with appropriate text)... On the other hand some of us are NOT very creative. And can only come up with Powerpoint presentations...
(Next Slide. Caption: Not Very Creative People. Picture of yourself)