PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Kenshi

bellow
2013-11-23, 07:25 AM
Kenshi class is like samurai. They are swordmasters.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/bellow/kenshi.png

Wisdom to Ac : Like monk if they wear no armor they take their wisdom bonus to Armor Class .

Kiai Smite : When Kenshi shout and attack it take its charisma bonus score if positive to the attack and damage for its next turn.

Soul Speed : A kenshi's take +10 speed bonus at level 4 and +20 at level 15 if he wear no armor or light armor.

Ancestral Daisho : Kenshi's swords are its pride and life it never want to change its sword so with spiritual power kenshi make its sword magical with some sacrifice.

Weapon Bonus : +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +6, +7, +8, +9, +10
Total Sacrifice Req : 2k, 8k, 18k, 32k, 50k, 72k, 98k, 128k, 162k, 200k gold
Minimun Character Level : 4, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Staredown : At 6th level, a samurai becomes able to strike fear into his foes by his mere presence. He gains a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks and can demoralize an opponent.

Mass Staredown : At 10th level, a samurai has sufficient presence that he can cow multiple foes. Using an Intimidate check, the samurai can demoralize all opponents within 30 feet with a single standard action.

Move Free : A Kenshi may take 10 for climb and jump check at any time.

Improved Staredown : At 14th level, even a glance from the hard eyes of a samurai is enough to give his foes pause. The samurai can demoralize opponents within 30 feet as a move action, not a standard action.

Sword Soul : A kenshi become one with his sword. Only per one day he can use this attack and overcome any dr, hardness and armor.

Frightful Presence : A 20th-level samurai's bravery, honor, and fighting prowess have become legendary. When the samurai draws his blade, opponents within 30 feet must succeed on a Will save (DC 20 + samurai's Cha modifier) or become panicked for 4d6 rounds (if they have 4 or fewer Hit Dice) or shaken for 4d6 rounds (if they have from 5 to 19 Hit Dice). Creatures with 20 or more Hit Dice are not affected. Any foe that successfully resists the effect cannot be affected again by the same samurai's frightful presence for 24 hours.

Hit Dice : 10 Skill : 4

Skills : Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, K.(History), K.(Royality, Nobility), Listen, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim.

I hope you like it. I want to play some samurai like character and i talk with my dm and i create my class :)

Amnoriath
2013-11-23, 01:38 PM
You have some big problems from the get go. You have 2 mental stats to take high before you even try to get combat expertise which is feat tax for many good feats(Improved Trip..etc). You also don't have decent armor and your wisdom to AC doesn't apply in armor which only increases the need for dexterity while having no skills that use it. As you increase in level you do have a better Kiai Smite and a couple better features that are nice but doesn't change much. You still have a star intimidation abilities that come way too late while Barbarians can do so as a free action earlier. Also Sword Soul is just way too small. The OA samurai is still far superior simply due to more feats and customization.

bellow
2013-11-23, 03:44 PM
Yeah i know i did this one for me. Well because i roll a high dices :D

str : 18
dex : 18
con 16
int : 14
wis : 16
cha : 18

i always roll high dices with 4d6 its ok for me i think maybe i will change wisdom bonus to ac or add bonus feats

and there is 8 special attack for every four level. Like all attacks critic vs. This character is Hiko from Samurai X . He uses manga style attacks.

anacalgion
2013-11-23, 10:29 PM
The class is really weak. Fighter is probably stronger. If you're going to focus on intimidate, you should give it intimidate abilities earlier. You might want to consider changing 'wis to AC' to 'cha to AC', making Kiai smite per encounter, and just plain adding class features. It can't do much. If you want to play a manga samurai, I'd recommend looking at the warblade, or if you don't like tome of battle, this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143018).

Just to Browse
2013-11-23, 11:07 PM
It works.

Your Ancestral Daisho could use some clearer rulings: Like when I enchant it while it currently has a bonus, do I need to pay the difference in cost or pay the whole cost over again? Can I pick up weapon abilities, or is it just bonuses to-hit from magic? If I enchant it once, can I enchant it again at the same level of bonus without paying extra (like change a +1 flaming longsword to +1 keen longsword)? Also, how long does it take to perform (Can I throw down 200k gold in the middle of a fight?)