PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a build based on Kyeudo's Fix

Perpetr8r
2013-11-23, 04:25 PM
This is not mine but for a party mate and he wants to use Kyeudo's Truenamer Fix.

But what should he have to start? We are starting his game at level 1, and he wants to know what gear and things he might need to make the Truenamer work, he has heard a lot of the flack for the Truenamer.

We are starting with a bit more gold then the normal roughly 1000 or so.

He is not a newbie but he has never really done much on a complicated class mostly playing fighters or hybrid casters like Ranger or Paladin.

AntiTrust
2013-11-24, 03:57 AM
I'm a fan of his fix and I make a point to bring up his truenamer fix anytime I start a campaign.

At level one there's not much for you to really purchase. He's an int based caster so for level one treat him much like you'd treat a wizard or other caster. The first truenamer item I'd purchase is the Amulet of the Silver Tongue which costs 2500gp and gives a +5 circumstance bonus to truespeak checks. Later on there is a beefier version for 10k which grants a +10 bonus.

Perpetr8r
2013-11-24, 11:05 AM
Still an amulet? They don't stack do they?

Should he focus on Skill Focus as his first level feat?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-24, 11:24 AM
It's not a bad idea, aye.

Perpetr8r
2013-11-24, 03:22 PM
I thought so, but he is worried if he plays this he will end up gimped and when he multiclasses feel like he has many dead levels of a class that is almost useless.

Ok so Skill Focus Truespeak, Amulet of Truespeak for 2500 GP should be first priorities so far as needing to boost DC checks?

Anyone got anything else?
What enchantments can be used for Rings or whatever for our Artificer to later make it for him for cheaper (He is going full crafter mode)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-24, 03:43 PM
I thought so, but he is worried if he plays this he will end up gimped and when he multiclasses feel like he has many dead levels of a class that is almost useless.
Kyeudo's fix solves more-or-less every issue the Truenamer faced. Your buddy should be fine.

Perpetr8r
2013-11-24, 03:57 PM
Alright I will tell him to give it a better read through.

Perpetr8r
2013-11-24, 04:09 PM
What I just realized would help the Truenamer so much is if Knowledge skills synergized with Truespeak like it does with Knowledge checks a +2 for every 5 ranks in every Knowledge would make the DCs so much better lol

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-24, 04:17 PM
That's the point of the fix, though-- the DCs are based on CR, not CR*2, so they scale at a reasonable rate.

Psyren
2013-11-24, 04:19 PM
The cool thing about Kyeudo's fix is that you get SF (Truespeak) for free at 3rd-level; you can still take it before then though and get a free truespeak-related feat in its place at 3rd level. I recommend an Inflection Feat like Empower Utterance, Inaudible Utterance or Chant Utterance.

He also gave me permission to update it for Pathfinder :smallsmile: Unfortunately that is at the back of a looooong list of to-dos.

Perpetr8r
2013-11-24, 04:27 PM
What would you change for a PF game?
Skill wise and so forth.

Psyren
2013-11-24, 04:34 PM
What would you change for a PF game?
Skill wise and so forth.

Not much. The beauty about it is that all the DCs could stay the same. I would lower the various "ranks" requirements by 3 (for example, Extend Utterance would require 3 ranks instead of 6.)

The main issue would be anything with an XP cost, I would have to cobble together some stuff based on ability burn or negative levels, and in the worst case scenario gp, to cover that.