PDA

View Full Version : [PF-E6] Trouble in Goblin-Land (IC)

Chained Birds
2013-11-23, 04:53 PM
A Random Flier:

Looking for anyone that can help me uncover the truth behind the Goblins. Must be strong enough, smart enough, and/or wise enough to take on extreme danger.

Reward: 10,000gp per person who help uncover the truth.

Thus this flier was sent out to the 5 continents. Many have tried to uncover the truth in order to gain the massive rewards, but even after 7 years, no one has been able to claim it. Small groups, veteran adventures, even a platoon of soldiers from the North; none have even scratched the surface. But still, people keep coming.

-----

Year of 897; 7th month (out of 13); 13th day (out of 28).

A small group of potential adventurers ride the small fairy boat across the marshlands. Captain Sawtooth, a hobgoblin and younger brother of the fort's leader, pilots the barge across the mucky waters.
Low hanging branches scratch the top and sides of the boat in addition to the occasional log or large debris attempting to halt the vessel's passage, to no avail.

It has been an hour since the small group of 5 strangers arrived on the boat.

"Grrr, just another hour before we reach da' fort. Small group today. Smallest I've seen in da' longest."

The captain grunts, coughing a bit as he continues to smoke a cigarette protruding from the side of his mouth.

"Hope y'all be making friends with each other. Brother only sends out groups now, ever since dat' one time..."

Sawtooth quiets down after that.

You can introduce your characters now, and maybe start up conversations. Once everyone is satisfied, I'll speed up to the fort.

Good Luck. :smallwink:

Chained Birds
2013-11-23, 04:55 PM
Sorry for the confusion. Carry on.

Alongside two humans, two goblins, and a hobgoblin the sixth figure is strange to all, with largely human features but eyes the color of glowing coals and hair the color of freshly spilled blood. Indeed, Kilian's eyes even seem to glow with a faint inner light as he studies the others. He shifts his weight, a leather pack on his back visible under a heavy shield of finely crafted wood and the slight sound of metal links barely audible under his vest and coat. He chuckles, "What, people go out alone and get surprised when the dangers of the wilds strip flesh from bone? Or people not act all friendly like and strip the flesh themselves maybe?"

The small blue goblin stirs restlessly. He's not a fan of the water, hasn't been for a long time. "Am never surprised when dangerous things attempt to strip flesh from my bones. That is why I always carry bombs. I prefer to cook things that try to strip flesh from bones."

He shifts to look directly at the rest of the group through his smoke-tinted goggles.

"Regardless, as you people say, we should "get to know each other." Am Boorgub Zorovich. Alchemist. Am here because is lot of money, and hopefully some good goblin ale to be had."

Kilian nods to Boorgub, ""The names Kilian Bohl, and they called me a Mortality Experimenter. Seems a bit extreme, but where I'm from these eyes and such a title are mild by comparison.

A yawn echoes in the ether as a small shard of blue crystal set in a cage of spun gold crawls up to Kilian's shoulder from his pack. A voice echoes in the mind, just barely different from the man, 'Quiet yourself, and focus. We use the power of the mind to heal the body, nothing more. I apologize. My host is well aware the other lands, if they do not shun psychic power openly refer to our breed as Vitalists.'

Kilian narrows his eyes and glances towards the crystal perched on his shoulder, "Yes, well, I was getting to that. Perhaps a bit later I'll show these fine people the core of my capabilities, but I doubt they'd want to be quite so chummy just yet."

Murillio
2013-11-23, 05:40 PM
Leal Senu

Leal Senu nods as each member of the group introduces themselves. Finding a social foot hold sufficient enough for him to be heard Leal hops off his folding chair and proclaims softly.

"I am Leal Senu."

A few seconds later he says.

"I don't talk much."

Satisfied, Leal hops back onto his folding chair prepared to listen on.

shugyosha
2013-11-23, 09:11 PM
Yin Lee

She stood at the prow if the boat letting the wing blow through her hair. When she heard the others she decided join in. "I am Yin Lee. Have any of you heard anything about this bounty? It seems that it has been open for seven years."

stack
2013-11-23, 10:11 PM
Orion Drake

The young blond human, leans forward. "Pleased to meet you all. Have to say I've been a bit curious about the whole matter myself. What do they mean by 'truth behind the goblins'? Just people, far as I've ever heard, all kinds of people in this world? And why pay so much for it? Curious."

He leans back, "But it should prove interesting either way."

Chained Birds
2013-11-24, 09:43 AM
"Grrr, I never asked brother why he went so far to learn da' truth or sometin'. Y'all be able to ask him in a few."

The rest of the ride goes uneventful.

After a few more minutes, a large wooden wall can be seen protruding through the marshland. Large floatations devices can be seen around an archway that appears to be an open gate. Around the area, the sounds of croaking and splashing can be heard.
The boat begins to slowly pass through the archway and into a dock. Barrels lie under a series of planks making up the unstable roadwork of the fort. Several large huts encircle the dock, seemingly built into some large, old swamp trees.
When it comes to people within the fort, there are only a few visible. A couple of hobgoblins, an Orc or two, and quite a lot of frog-like people with bows and crossbows strapped to their back. The frog-like people eye the group the most, studying their movements, but never performing any threatening actions.

Sawtooth points to a smaller hut in the back after he finishes anchoring and tying the boat to the peer.

"Brother is in dat' one. Watch your step."

shugyosha
2013-11-24, 11:22 AM
Yin Lee

Before disembarking she asks the captain, "What did you mean when you said, 'that one time'? What happened?"

Chained Birds
2013-11-24, 11:44 AM
"..."

The hobgoblin seems unwilling to speak of the event.

A Diplomacy or Intimidate check is needed.
- DC 26

shugyosha
2013-11-24, 12:11 PM
Yin Lee

She gives the man a doe eyed look.

[roll0] diplomacy

Chained Birds
2013-11-24, 01:39 PM
Sawtooth grimaces at the look. He thinks Yin is coming onto him now and wants nothing of it.

"Grro along and see Brother already..."

stack
2013-11-24, 09:23 PM
Orion disembarks carefully. "Well, seems the best thing to do is to move forward. Come on, this should be interesting." He heads toward the indicated hut, a spring in his step.

Murillio
2013-11-24, 09:39 PM
Leal Senu

Leal ponders the strange dialect the Captain uses while following Orion closely. He keeps his eyes open and his head on a swivel while heading to the hut. Once at the hut Leal raps on the hut door with his knuckles.

Chained Birds
2013-11-24, 10:11 PM
Leal's knocking seems to have a response, as a young woman's voice can be heard from within.

"One second!"

After a few moments, the wooden door opens to reveal a young elvish woman. Though she seems to be a fair bit larger than your regular elf, towering 7'2'' over the small Leal.
She glances down at where the knocking came from, and them at the steadily arriving group.

"More hunters? Oh well."

She turns her head towards the inside of the hut.

"Father! Another group has arrived!
Okay!"

Another voice can hardly be heard from within. The woman turns back to the group, before opening the door completely and stepping to the side.

"Come right in hunters. Father is in the war room down the hall."

stack
2013-11-25, 08:14 AM
Orion smiles politely. Elvish...here? Father. Huh. Interesting indeed. "Orion Drake, at your service." He enters when invited.

Murillio
2013-11-25, 02:05 PM
Leal Senu

Leal cranes his neck to get a look at the tall woman's face. He quickly decides she is rather nice looking and slaps a goblin sized cheese slice into her hand.

"Friend?"

He nods and walks toward the war room. He takes in his surroundings as he walks.

shugyosha
2013-11-25, 03:09 PM
Yin Lee

The gave the tall woman the once over and smiled. Silently she continued with the others.

Chained Birds
2013-11-25, 11:51 PM
The young elf accepts the cheese gift with a puzzled expression.

"Thanks..."

The others catch up and pass the girl by as well. Giving their typical minor silent greetings as they walk down the narrow corridor of bamboo walls.

After a few seconds the group arrives into a rather spacious room, considering the size and appearance of the hut, and are greeted by the visage of a rather warlord-like figure. An unusually tall hobgoblin in fur clothe, wearing a suit of half-plate tinted with the smudges of warn metal and old blood. A single fang rises from his lower jaw, giving him a permanent scowl across his rough, scarred face.
He sits on a wood chair, decked out in symbols of the Northern and Western Continents, symbolizing his allegiance to both areas. A pristine war hammer lies above him, hung by a strap on the wall.

He gives a low greeting,

"Brrr well met! Come! Have a seat! "

The hobgoblin move one of his large hands in a sweeping motion, drawing the group's attention to a series of odd chairs:
- One if tall and thin, made of bamboo.
- One is but a large cushion.
- One looks like an average chair, made from wood and metal.
- One is a stool.
- One is a folded mat.

shugyosha
2013-11-26, 02:07 AM
Yin Lee

She looks at the seats and then at the door they came in and then chooses whatever seat gives her the best view of the door.

Tacitus
2013-11-26, 03:00 AM
Kilian settles onto the stool, if only to save the group the embarrassment of watching a goblin try to clamber up onto it or engage in shenanigans. Kilian's view of goblins is a fairly dim one, but he's nice enough to not voice it. Besides, with his gear strapped to his back it would just be an ordeal to take the chair or a place on the floor. Once seated he nods to the hobgoblin, "Well met to you, sir."

stack
2013-11-26, 08:11 AM
Orion smiles at their host. "Glad to make your acquaintance. Orion Drake, at your service. I hope we can help you out." He sketches a half-bow, then strides to the normal-looking chair, swinging it around and sitting backward, arms resting on its back.

Murillio
2013-11-26, 10:23 AM
Leal Senu

Leal seriously thinks about this chair decision but his choices are immediately diminished within seconds so he settles for the folded mat. He sits onto the mat indian style and pulls the edge of the mat over his lap to become comfy. Leal then keeps an eye out for refreshments.

RFLS
2013-11-26, 01:16 PM
Boorgub

Boorgub sits down upon the last remaining seat, a large, plush looking cushion. "So. What is the job, and when do we start?"

Chained Birds
2013-11-26, 02:16 PM
"Brrr, good to see you all are active and ready. I suppose my reward is pretty appealing to most."

He lets out a boastful and loud laugh.

"Alright, so here is the deal:

A few years back when I was just a recruit, I came across something I shouldn't have while on patrol. Some sort of secret that was supposed to be long forgotten or something, but I just happened to stumble across it. But as soon as I realized the importance of the secret, a Blue Goblin wearing a tile-like headpiece, that obscured his eyes, came up to me and did something...
I don't know what else happened, or what that secret was, but I knew it was something really important. Like serious world-shattering-ly bad stuff was going down... But I forgot what it was. It was as though my brain was taken out of my head, and most everything related to that event was removed.
Brrr! I get headaches whenever I try to think back to that event. Almost like a mocking laughter that just gets my blood boiling!"

He slams his fist against his armrest, shacking the many emblems with a rattle.

"Brrr, so I've dedicated all my wealth in an attempt to find out the truth. I would normally try to do something like this myself, but I started getting old, and it just feels like there is a barrier preventing me from proceeding further."

He then glances at the group, reaching out a hand towards them.

"That is where you all come in. I want you guys to work together to find the truth I seek and hopefully do something to avert a potential calamity. Though, I'll be honest, it'll be tough."

Crossing his arms.

"Brrr, in fact, you all are my last group. After this, the fliers are going down, and I'll just allow whatever it is to happen, happen... It has already be over 7 years since I started this, and so many have been lost in the pursuit of the truth I seek..."

He looks over the group, gaging their responses.

stack
2013-11-26, 02:30 PM
Orion gestures expansively. "World- shattering threat? Great risk of bodily harm? Reasonable cash reward? Honestly, you had me at world shattering. I'm in."

Murillio
2013-11-26, 04:38 PM
Leal Senu

Leal nods sagely.

"Destiny. Convergence."

He keeps nodding excited for a chance to prove himself.

Tacitus
2013-11-27, 05:26 AM
As the hobgoblin speaks Kilian leans forward, and by the end one arms is across his middle with the other resting on it as he presses a thumb to his lips in thought. If he registers the latter half it doesn't show, "It sounds like a psion of some sort got in your thoughts. But, that was probably fairly obvious from the figure you recall. Not a normal power, though. Though, if one's memories could be altered, that begs the question of whether or not there is a secret at all." He pauses and looks up, "Err, not that I doubt your story. Hard to wrap your mind around mind powers sometimes. If a power could pluck out your memories, whats to stop a power from entirely rewriting everything you are? Its... terrifying. I... maybe I'll stop talking now."

Chained Birds
2013-11-27, 09:59 AM
"Brrr, if the secret was fake, then why has it taken so long to be realized?"

The hobgoblin explains.

"See, if I was given false information about such a terrible secret, then the truth should have been revealed by now considering all the Hunters I've sent out. It can't be a prank; but even so, if the truth is that, then your job is that much easier."

He leans back in his chair, making a loud creaking sound.

During this time, an odd smell is coming from down the hall. Smells like someone is cooking some cheese or something.

shugyosha
2013-11-27, 12:11 PM
Yin Lee

"You've sent other in," she begins, "what were their plans to handle this? Essentially I'd like to what failed."

stack
2013-11-27, 12:14 PM
"Well, where do we start? Or more accurately, where did others start? May be best to try something different, in light of their success, or rather the lack thereof."

Chained Birds
2013-11-27, 01:37 PM
The hobgoblin grimaces a bit,

"Brrr, hard to tell where they went wrong. Over the course of these few years, only a handful have actually come back to me to tell of their failings. One was an old friend from the Northern, the other was the son of one of the lost Hunters, and the others barely spoke of what transpired; I just so happened to meet them out of coincidence.
Concerning what they actually found out... Don't really know much. Which is why the fliers are still out and about."

He leans over and grabs a book from under his chair. Flipping through it, he stops at a page around the middle.

"Pretty much, it appears all of the head guys in the different Goblin tribes are in on the secret, so you can really begin your search with any of them. Most go to investigate the Greens, because they are the closest; seeing as they reside heavily in the Southern. Though I've had a few Hunter groups task themselves with the other Goblins, because the Greens are a bit crazy."

He closes his book and rubs his lightly-bearded chin.

"Actually, if you want some insider information about being a Hunter, my Northern friend still lives a day away from here. He is a former scientist of the Northern Weaponization Department, so he loves being a hermit and working on his research.

Though you guys can start wherever you like."

Some light footsteps can be heard down the hall. Yin notices the person first, considering her seat placement.

"Oh hi. Sorry to bug you guys, but food is almost ready if you guys are interested."

A frog-like character also appears besides the Elvish woman. Wearing only a grass skirt, a sash to keep a knife at its side, and a short bow slung to its back; the frog person makes a series of low croaking sounds before leaving. If anything, the frog person was unique in that it was almost all blue, except for a large, red, arrow-shaped blotch over its forehead.
The hobgoblin seemed to respond to whatever message the person was croaking, though it is really hard to tell what was actually being said.

"I suppose it is time to eat... Any further questions can be answered over a short meal. If you wish, that is."

stack
2013-11-27, 01:42 PM
Orion stands. "A meal sounds like a fine idea. I think paying your friend a visit may be worthwhile as well."

shugyosha
2013-11-27, 03:29 PM
Yin Lee

She nods in agreement and then gets up to eat.

Tacitus
2013-11-28, 12:44 AM
Kilian stands, but looks a bit queasy. He sniffs a bit at the smell of cheese and shudders, "I... I uh, don't eat. Its... been so long. I mean no offense, but I don't think my body can handle food anymore. I appreciate the gesture, however."

Murillio
2013-11-28, 10:23 AM
Leal Senu

Leal heads over to the dining area and sits. He proclaims.

"Thanks for giving us food!"

He then waits for a proper time to eat generous bounty.

Chained Birds
2013-11-28, 11:51 AM
"Don't worry, you can sit with the Grippli if you have no desire to eat anything."

The hobgoblin attempts to make a pleasing smile, but his natural scowl simply awkwardly shifts into a half-smile.

The group and hobgoblin move back through the hallway, and take a detour midway on their right through a bamboo door. Within the food-smelling room is a long, low wooden table with many clay dishes and stone silverware. In the center of the table lies a banquet of meats, vegetables, and other odd foods native to the Southern, with a medium-sized pot emanating a smell of cooked cheese. There are about ten or so long, metal rods, presumably used to stick food on them for dipping in the cheese.
Around the table are several chairs, all very similar to the selection that was presented earlier in the hobgoblin's room, with the exception of there being more.

The group place themselves around the table as they please, with the hobgoblin taking the end table chair, and his brother (The boat captain from earlier) taking the other end. The Elvish woman seats herself next to her father. Opposite to her are three frog-like people, sitting cross-legged on cloth mats. The group recognizes one as the frog they briefly saw earlier, but the other two are new.
One is wearing a sash across its body, with a sword sheath strapped to its back; it appears the sheath could be used to hold a large weapon like a bastard sword. The sash-wearing one is almost completely pink, except for several black polka dots around its stomach. The other is a bit smaller than the previous two, wearing a green scarf around its neck with no other items visible on its body. Its skin is a mossy dark green, with bright red eyes, and a few light-green blotches around its hands.

Everyone is seated as they like, except for Kilian who didn't really want to partake of the eating and was placed in between the grouping of the three frog people.

The hobgoblin elevates a glass, before proclaiming,

"Brrr, enjoy yourselves for now! Tough days most likely await you, so I can at least give you a good meal before you go."

The other hobgoblin raises a question,

"Grrr, did you remember to tell dem' your name?"

The nameless hobgoblin freezes with his cup still in the air. He then slowly sets it down and clears his throat.

"Brrr, oh yes... I always forget that. By the way Hunters, my name is Hammertooth. You've already met my brother Sawtooth, and my daughter Fang-Fang. And these three silent fellows are Quas (Pink one), Zef (Green one), and my righthand man Waz (Blue one)."

"You are getting old father."

"I know... I know."

Hammertooth raises back his cup and redoes his exclamation,

"Brrr, enjoy yourselves! And may the gods be on your side!"

stack
2013-12-02, 08:08 AM
Orion raises his cup to the hobgoblin, "To our host, may his questions be answered and his prize claimed!"

Chained Birds
2013-12-02, 08:52 AM
The meal goes as well as one would expect. It is odd that most all of the Hunters remained silent throughout the entire dining process, though it could be their unfamiliarity with the setting and/or general low charisma. Regardless, the hobgoblins discuss the fort's need of repairs on the northern wall, and the frog-men occasionally croak something at each other; though their static, unblinking gazes remain fixated off to the distance.
The Elven woman, Fang-Fang, starts cleaning up the place as everyone is moved out of the dining area and back outside of the hut. It is starting to grow a bit colder, signaling the night approaching in an hour or so.

"Grrr, best we leave now before it gets to dark. Da' boat can't handle the cold too well..."

Sawtooth walks away to the boat, as the rest of the group finishes up.

"Brrr, so anyways. This friend of mine lives about 7-8 km south of Do'ath. It's an old Dwarf mining facility that hasn't really aged too well if I recall. Can't be certain, as I haven't visited the place in years; I usually just go state to my friend's place and back."

The blue frog-person appears from the shadows of the hut, carrying an unlit lantern. He croaks something at the hobgoblin, before jumping off into the murky waters.

"Brrr, that is... Unfortunate.

It appears your journey back will not go as well as your journey here I'm afraid. A small squad I sent out before you guys arrived have located a large number of Lizardfolk encroaching upon this location.
You all should be able to make it out before the largest group arrives, but you may have to deal with an ambush or two along the boat trail back."

The pink frog-person appears from the hut with the large war hammer that was seen hanging above Hammertooth's chair. It hands the weapon to the hobgoblin, before also darting into the waters with a mighty leap.

"Though, I do believe you lot can handle it."

The hobgoblin waves at the group as they return to the awaiting fairy boat.

After about 30 minutes, the captain mentions it would be best to prepare themselves for combat at any moment.

stack
2013-12-02, 09:13 AM
"Well, a little ambush should be good to get us warmed up, give us a chance to work together and all that." A peculiar scent fills the air, turned earth and cold stone, as Orion's skin takes on a grainy texture. vigor, wild surge, full augment for 5*9 temp HP = 45
wild surge roll [roll0] 15 or lower enervates, losing 3 PP (enervation fortitude) and dazzling 3 rounds

shared w/ psicrystal. Will manifest shared pain with the psicrystal if he gets a second round to buff.

Yeah, he's hard to kill.

Tacitus
2013-12-02, 10:54 AM
HP: 38+10T, AC: 23/14T/20FF, CMD 18, 54/55pp

Kilian makes sure his shield is ready and his pack settled comfortably on his back as the captain speaks up. He then knocks on the wood with his right hand, "Your attention please, if you'll all just direct your eyes to mine for a moment we can begin. If you feel a crawling sensation at the base of your skull, that is perfectly normal."

Psychic power mounts within Kilian's frame and after a brief moment he envisions lines of power leaping from him to each of those present. Eye contact is not necessary, but the anticipation helps ease the transition. The lines of power connect with his four travelling companions*. The lines of power quickly spread to the others to create a web in his mind.

It is not until after he has visualized the Collective that it comes into being. It first manifests as a crawling sensation at the base of the skull for those invited. This sensation, unless resisted, quickly spreads through the brain like wildfire with a surge of memories not one's own and snippets of sensory information from other members of the Collective. It passes quickly, and Kilian's voice echoes in the minds of the Collective, 'Telepathic communication and shared healing. As long as you do not go beyond my range we will always be in contact. I may not speak aloud again if I don't have to. Range is longer than a lightning bolt, and I know that one from experience.'

*I can hold Self+6 in the Collective, and would like to invite the Captain as well. If there is anyone aboard I have missed, I may also include one other person.

To the players, range is 160ft, btw. Radius centered on Kilian, so technically two members could be 315 ft apart from one another and still chinwag with their brains.

stack
2013-12-02, 11:19 AM
Ooh, telepathy. That takes me back a bit. Things are looking up on the teamwork front.

Uh, fighting on a full stomach....should have went easier on the wine or whatever that was.

Oh, right. Watch what thoughts I broadcast.Orion Thorne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711141)
M CG Human Wilder (student surge), Level 6, Init +6, HP 83/38, Speed 30
AC 22, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, CMD 19, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 4, Power Points 47/53
MW, cold iron Morningstar +6 (1d8, x2)
Chain shirt +1, Heavy Steel Shield +1 (+5 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 22
Condition None
Psicrystal - Rigel
19/19 HP +45 THP
Nimble - +2 init
Alertness, improved evasion, personality, self-propulsion, share powers, sighted, telepathic link, Deliver touch powers, Telepathic speech
Int +2 NA +2

RFLS
2013-12-02, 01:34 PM
Boorgub:

The small goblin chugs several foul smelling potions in quick succession, grimacing at the lst one. For a few seconds, nothing happens. Then...he shrinks, his skin becomes mottled. For anyone watching closely, tiny suckers appear on his finger tips.

Drinking an extract of Cat's Grace, Reduce Person, and Expeditious Retreat. Also drinking his prepared mutagen.

Net effect: +6 Dexterity, -2 Strength, +10 Stealth, +30 land speed, climb speed 30.

Murillio
2013-12-02, 04:24 PM
Leal Senu

Leal Senu takes in the cold air as he preps for the oncoming battle. He mentally sharpens his reflexes so that if an enemy comes near him or near any one adjacent to him he shall strike aiming to extract a fair amount of blood. With his great sword out Leal positions himself by Kilian out of habit. "Protect your support less ye be mauled by an owl bear." He always thought dad was great with words. Now armed with sword and a smirk Leal welcomes the oncoming battle.

When viable.

Ready Action: Standard
-Attack an enemy within range.

[roll0] Attack + 1 if attacking something bigger
[roll1] Damage + 1 if magical beast.

Initiative [roll2] unless of course you roll initiative yourself.

shugyosha
2013-12-03, 12:08 AM
Yin Lee

She was unusually quiet for herself during dinner. Her eyes darted between her new companions and the frog people. It was she she was waiting for something bad to happen.

She looked more relaxed once they were on their way and the hint of danger seem to give her a small smile. Unlike the others, she didn't draw a weapon only flexed her fingers and stared out at the abyss anxious for something to happen.

Chained Birds
2013-12-03, 11:51 AM
Everyone prepares themselves for the inevitable. The sounds of the boat scrapping against the occasional branch or debris creates an eerie atmosphere around the group.

In a few moments after preparation, the boat stops. Only the sounds of creaking wood, and the occasional splash of water can be heard. Directly in front of the boat is a large tree. The tree was freshly felled and completely blocks the path ahead.

"Grrr, how did day' do dat' so fast? I took a different and everything... Day' couldn't have know I would be going here!"

A three red lights emerge from the waters surrounding the ship. The emanate a glow for a few seconds, before proofing out of existence.

Capture the Sacrifices!

A loud reptilian voice comes from behind the fallen tree, as grasping vines and sea-plants surround the boat, reaching towards everyone inside.

Boat Area (and 5ft around the Boat) is Difficult Terrain (all squares count as 2 for movement).

Creatures in area make a Reflex Save (DC 13).
- Fail = entangled
- Success = may move as normal

Any who remain in the area at end of casters turn must save again.

Can attempt to break free as a move action by making Strength or Escape Artist check vs. DC of the spell.

Move at half speed
Cannot run or charge
–2 penalty on all attack rolls
–4 penalty to Dexterity.
Must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell (or lose the spell).

The two notice:
- 2 Lizard people on trees North (Behind) of the boat (60ft ; 10ft from each other)
- 1 partially submerged Lizard person South East of the boat (50ft)
- 2 Lizard people under some roots South West of the boat (70ft ; 5ft from each other)
- 1 Lizard person directly behind the fallen tree directly South of the boat (80ft)

stack
2013-12-03, 12:10 PM
sounds like Orion had time for share pain.

reflex [roll0]
He'll relay the positions of the lizards, so everyone can read the spoiler.
moving 15' east Orion struggles against the vines as he mentally shouts the positions of their foes. Dodging one vine, he leaps from the boat and struggle to the shore.Orion Thorne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711141)
M CG Human Wilder (student surge), Level 6, Init +6, HP 83/38, Speed 30
AC 22, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, CMD 19, Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 4, Power Points 44/53
MW, cold iron Morningstar +6 (1d8, x2)
Chain shirt +1, Heavy Steel Shield +1 (+5 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 22
Condition share pain (6 hrs) w/ psicrystal
vigor (9 minutes) shared w/ psicrystal
Psicrystal - Rigel
19/19 HP +45 THP
Nimble - +2 init
Alertness, improved evasion, personality, self-propulsion, share powers, sighted, telepathic link, Deliver touch powers, Telepathic speech
Int +2 NA +2

shugyosha
2013-12-03, 12:26 PM
Yin Lee

Deftly moving out of the way of the grasping vines she casts a powerful defensive spell.

Dispel Magic
[roll0] caster level check

Tacitus
2013-12-03, 09:45 PM
Kilian grunts and strains as the plantlife takes hold of him and then speaks to his Collective, 'They seem to intend capture, for the purpose of sacrifice. Be careful.' Psychic power surges within him, easily bypassing the strains on his physical form as he reaches out to harden the flesh of every member of his collective at once.

Standard: Manifest Biofeedback.
+16 concentration vs DC 16. Autosucceed.
Manifest without Display. DC 16 with a +16. Autosucceed.
DR 2/- for 1pp on Self. Shared to Psicrystal, though it doesn't do anything.
Spirit of Many class feature lets me ignore the Range on the power, changing it to Collective.
Augment for 5pp to add 5 targets. The 4 party members and the captain.
Total expenditure: 6pp.
48/55pp remaining
Power lasts for 6 minutes.

Murillio
2013-12-03, 10:02 PM
Leal Senu

Leal gets entangled due to his supreme concentration in keeping his stance/position. Growling Leal attempts to break free of the planty tentacles.

Strength Check for the rest of turn.
[roll0]

Chained Birds
2013-12-04, 04:28 PM
Orion dashes of to the West(?), but the vines and plant life restrict his path and prevent him from escaping (still has 10ft to go).

Yin decides to use her divine powers to remove the magically influenced vines, but the sudden attack still sits in her mind as she is distracted by some motion in the distance and fails to remove the threat.

Kilian is restrained by the vines' grasping tendrils, though his is able to relay both a mental message and a mental boon to this allies.

Leal is restrained, but uses his goblin might to break free.

Boorgub, while not restrained by the vines, is busy contemplating a strategy.

Captain Sawtooth is easily restrained by the vines and struggles to break free to no avail. He shouts a few curses in Goblin as he tries to open a small compartment underneath the helm.

-- Round 2 --

The Lizardfolk seem pleased with the results, some even chuckle at the group's struggles to remove the relatively simple vines.

Orion feels a bit uneasy as he is the only one who moved from the group, and feels a dozen reptilian eyes upon him. His slight bit of paranoia is justified as several of the Lizardfolk point their fingers at him.

Suddenly, grasping streams of murky water lash up at him, each one trying to push or drag him closer to the fallen tree (South) and into the water. At least he might be free of the plants though.

CMB VS Orion's CMD (Currently 19)
- Bullrush: [roll0]
- Bullrush: [roll1]
- Drag: [roll2]
- Drag: [roll3]
- Drag: [roll4]

In addition to the water tendrils, a weird scene unfolds above the fallen tree.

An arrow is seen floating up in the air, spinning wildly for a few seconds. It then suddenly stops and points towards Yin, like it were a compass needle. Afterwards, it violently shoots towards her like, well, an arrow.

CMB VS Yin's CMD (16)
- Trip: [roll5]
- Miss Chance (1-25): [roll6]

-----

Results
- Orion is Dragged 15ft towards the South (Now out of the Entangled area). Though he is now in the water.
- Yin is tripped. The arrow apparently did no actual damage.

-----

Hunter's Turn!

stack
2013-12-04, 04:59 PM
Orion spits water out of his mouth and shakes weeds from his hair. "Well, I can play that game as well." He points to the two lizardfolk to the southwest. telekinectic force
touch attacks using CHA instead of dex
[roll0]
[roll1]
spending focus for +2 DC. Will 20 or be flung 90'...lets say toward the boat, to have them land in the entangled area, passing through (over) allies threatened area.

Chained Birds
2013-12-05, 12:59 AM
Orion spits water out of his mouth and shakes weeds from his hair. "Well, I can play that game as well." He points to the two lizardfolk to the southwest.

One of the Lizardfolk is sent flying into the awaiting arms and arms of the other Hunters. He lands at the center of the boat, surrounded by everyone who hadn't bothered to move during the previous round.

The other stares in disbelief as it follows its buddy archway path through the sky.

shugyosha
2013-12-05, 01:08 AM
Yin Lee

The stern woman falls and as she tries to get up she finds hersle getting more entangled in the vines.

Murillio
2013-12-05, 01:22 AM
Leal Senu

Leal takes the slice of chance off the silver platter to reflexively strike at the new passenger. He attacks the lizard trying to force in as many hits before the lizard reacts.

Using Power Attack

Attack of Opportunity
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

Full Attack - if possible

Attack 1:
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

Attack 2:
[roll4] Attack
[roll5] Damage

Tacitus
2013-12-05, 01:27 AM
Kilian begins to struggle against his bonds in earnest, stretching the bonds and trying to slip free. Whether or not he actually succeeds he reaches out towards the lizardfolk that has landed nearby and attempts to sap the life from his bones. He growls to it in draconic, "<And you, a sacrifice to my good health.>"

Move: Attempt to break free. Escape Artist: [roll0]
Standard: Steal Health as a Melee Touch
MTA: [roll1] (+2 to this if above roll succeeds)
Damage: 14 Untyped
Special: If Lizardfolk has more than 1HD the Collective gains 14 Healing, which I don't think does anything at this point.

Edit: If its dead before my attack comes around, a movement maybe instead? Towards the closest other Lizardfolk all of 15 ft.

RFLS
2013-12-07, 08:58 PM
Boorgub

Boorgub darts out of the boat, headed towards the two lizardfolk due north of the boat. As he jumps over the edge of the boat, he palms an air crystal into his mouth, and submerges himself completely in the water.

Move: 60 feet towards the two northern lizardfolk.
Standard: Air crystal (1 minute of breathable air underwater).
Stealth check (he's beneath water): [roll0]

Chained Birds
2013-12-07, 09:56 PM
Orion, proud of sending another creature hurtling through the skies, enjoys the sight of the other lizardfolk's confusion.

Yin is entangled, which makes it very hard to much other than try and get out. Doesn't help that she was also knocked down by that strange arrow.

Leal unleashes a barrage of blows against the flung Lizardfolk, only to realize after the third strike that the creature was dead from the first blow. Overkill is a wondrous thing.

Kilian, struggling through the vines, gets close enough to the edge of the boat so he'd be within range to pelt the Lizardfolk to the SouthEast with a Psionic blow. Though he can't do much else, as the walk to get to within 20ft of the creature is all he can muster.

Boorgub, after much thought, executes his plan by diving of the north side of the boat. With his superior speed, due to his amazing concoction, he is able to escape the vines' grasping nature and reaches a good distance between himself and the two Lizardfolks to the North. He blends into the murky waters, after, hopefully, escaping their sight.

Captain Sawtooth, struggling under the grasping plants, finds a latch under his feet, and opens it. He then delves through the trapdoor, and seals the entrance above.
"Grrr, tell me when dings clear up..."

-- Round 3 --

Losing one of their allies, they don't seem all too phased by the brutal death they all witnessed. Even the closest one to the killed Lizardfolk, just seems confused more so than upset. Regardless of their surface emotions, the reptilian creatures prepare for their next attack.

One for one! Get the thrower!

The voice from behind the fallen tree to the South barks something in its reptilian tongue, instigating the others to engage, apparently, Orion.

3 of the Lizardfolk use their unusual water tendrils in an attempt to move Orion more towards them. The remaining Lizardfolk to the Southwest snickers at Orion, before drawing his bow and shooting an Arrow at his face.
CMB VS Orion's CMD (Currently 19)
- Bullrush: [roll0]
- Bullrush: [roll1]
- Drag: [roll2]

- Dirty Trick (Blind for 1 Round): [roll3]

Meanwhile, another noise can be heard from beyond the fallen tree, coming from the Lizardfolk's location. Sounds like a splash, as though a medium-sized humanoid just jumped into the water.

-----

Results
- Orion is able to resist the watery pulls and pushes of the Lizardfolk's tendrils, but the sudden arrow to the face surprises him. The surprise being that the arrow explodes in his face instead of doing damage, blinding him for a about 6 seconds.

Everyone's Relative Position from Each Enemy
- 2 Lizardfolk North (Behind) of the boat (75ft ; 10ft from each other)
- 1 Lizardfolk (Partially Submerged) South East of the boat (65ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South West of the boat (40ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South of the boat behind the Tree (50ft)
- 2 Lizardfolk North (Behind) of the boat (60ft ; 10ft from each other)
- 1 Lizardfolk (Partially Submerged) South East of the boat (50ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South West of the boat (70ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South of the boat behind the Tree (80ft)
- 2 Lizardfolk North (Behind) of the boat (60ft ; 10ft from each other)
- 1 Lizardfolk (Partially Submerged) South East of the boat (50ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South West of the boat (70ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South of the boat behind the Tree (80ft)
- 2 Lizardfolk North (Behind) of the boat (90ft ; 10ft from each other)
- 1 Lizardfolk (Partially Submerged) South East of the boat (20ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South West of the boat (85ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South of the boat behind the Tree (50ft)
- 2 Lizardfolk North (Behind) of the boat (20ft ; 10ft from each other)
- 1 Lizardfolk (Partially Submerged) South East of the boat (90ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South West of the boat (110ft)
- 1 Lizardfolk South of the boat behind the Tree (120ft)

Characters Still on the Boat.
(Currently: Leal, Yin, and Kilian)
- Reflex Save DC 13 if not Entangled. Success means you are not Entangled. Failure means you are now Entangled.
- Reflex Save, Escape Artist or Strength Check DC 13 if Entangled (Move Action). Success means you are no longer Entangled. Failure means you are still Entangled.

Tacitus
2013-12-08, 03:02 AM
Kilian grunts in frustration as the plants slip around him again and he once again struggles to get free. Whether or not he manages to slip free of his bonds, he does his best to assault the nearby Lizardfolk.

Move: [roll0] +1 or +3?
You said Reflex, but I think that means original reflex and not a new one? If its a new one, +3. Otherwise, both Str and Escape Artist are a +1, so +1. My last post had an erroneous +3 because I forgot the -4 Dex from Entangled.

Standard: Steal Health RTA [roll1] (+4 to this if not Entangled)
Damage: 14.

Edit: Yay, failtown all around.

stack
2013-12-08, 01:39 PM
"Clever. You should have moved though." A charge quickly builds around the nearest lizardman, quickly burst with a clap and a sizzle. targeting the square the lizard man was in (the one 40 feet away, only one in range) with energy stun, expending focus for +2 DC then using a move to focus

wild surge [roll0]
damage [roll1] electric, reflex 1/2 DC 23 (17+2 for great psionic endowment, +1 for electricity, +3 for 6 additional PP)
will DC 23 or stunned 1 round (stunned drops weapons as a reminder)

hope he didn't move :smallredface:

Murillio
2013-12-08, 09:35 PM
Leal Senu

After a quick check to make sure the lizard was downed Leal heads toward the back of the boat (North towards the duo) to seek an actual challenge. He shall charge towards the back of the boat and jump off seeking to throw out a surprising attack in the least sneaky way possible.

I probably can't charge so it'll just be a run plus jump off the boat.

Running to jump aiming to jump approx 20 feet away from the boat.

Acrobatic roll

[roll0] Theres a +4 in there due to having a high base speed.

RFLS
2013-12-09, 02:43 PM
Boorgub:

Boorgub pops out of the water and tosses a hastily crafted bomb at the nearer of the two lizardfolk, before diving back underwater and swimming off again, like a small, heavily armed, ugly shark.

Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Splash: 9

Hide after attack, while moving: [roll2]

shugyosha
2013-12-09, 06:46 PM
Yin Lee

She begins to squirm and finds room enough to free her hands. Quickly before the vines try to entrap her again she casts a spell.

escape artist and the cast dispel, rolls are in ooh

Chained Birds
2013-12-10, 11:02 AM
Yin is able to squirm her way out of the vines just long enough to dispel the Entangle.

Kilian, with the entanglement removed, gives it his all and tries to steal health away from the closest Lizardfolk. The Lizardfolk seems in effected though.

Leal jumps forth from the boat, entering the water with a magnificent swan dive. He just barely misses the hidden Boorgud.

Boorgud pops out of the water to deliver an explosive surprise to the two Lizardfolk to the North. Though, the power of the bomb seems to be a bit muted by the waters and deals far less impact than expected. The Goblin sinks back into the murky shadows regardless.

Orion's electric spread hits the Lizardfolk hard, as he drops into the water face first. He doesn't seem to move.

-- Round 4 --

The damaged Lizardfolk to the North look at each other and seem to have a silent dialogue with each other. Then the both nod and drop their bows to draw some very ornate daggers; almost ritualistic in nature.

The one to the South East does the same.

A willing sacrifice is given!

In a sudden turn of events, all three Lizardfolk shout out something in their native tongue, before violently stabbing their throats with their knives. Blood pools around them as they sink into the swamp.

There is no sound coming from the Lizardfolk to the South. It is possible it left.

-----

Encounter Over

Edit: Woops, miscalculated!
- EXP rewards (per person): 750 550

stack
2013-12-10, 12:07 PM
Orion stands ready to blast another lizard when they all fall dead. He pauses for a moment, hearing nothing but the sounds of the swamp. "Well...that was odd."

He climbs back aboard the boat and rings water from his clothes. "Hey, captain! Looks clear. Also, they all killed themselves. Any idea why?"

Chained Birds
2013-12-10, 12:12 PM
The captain pops out.

"Again! Grrr, at least it wasn't on da' boat dis' time."

He reseals his trapdoor, and removes the dead strands of plant matter from his wheel. He looks around,

"Weren't der' more of you?"

shugyosha
2013-12-10, 12:21 PM
Yin Lee

She stands up, now that the enchantment is gone. Watch the suicide of their attackers and eye brow perks up; "That was strange"

Looking over board she'll help anyone needing to get back into the ship.

"Does anyone know what that was about?" she asks.

Tacitus
2013-12-10, 12:42 PM
Kilian stares to the south for another few moments, trying to catch any sign of the one to the south. Indeed, as he strains his eyes and ears for a moment the very skin of his face seems to resonate with psychic power. His brows twitch at every little sound as if he can feel sounds.

Because I can, Synesthete, to Feel Sound, giving +4 to listen based perceptions, and another Perception to double check the swamp.
[roll0] +4 vs Listening

He does not show a Display, because eww, slime on the face.
1pp expended, lasts 1 hour, 47pp remaining.
He'll leave it up the whole hour unless it seems that he's going to be getting sensory overload somehow. Mainly Feeling Sound unless we need to spot something I guess.

After a moment, if he does not detect anything, he speaks mentally to the others, 'They spoke of sacrifices, meaning to take us for some ritual, no doubt. All at once they cried out, willingly offering themselves as sacrifices. I do not understand lizardfolk.'

Chained Birds
2013-12-10, 02:59 PM
"Sacrifices? Dat's Green talk der'!"

The captain exclaims.

"Dey' must of learned our direction by talking to a Green Goblin priest. Dey' require some sort of sacrifice as payment if I recall."

He then eyes the fallen tree.

"Dat' tree is too big to be from dese' lands... Can you Hunters check it out? Oh, and don't get in the water. Der' is some nasty stuff floating about."

The hobgoblin walks towards the center of the boat, opening a panel on the floor. He then drags out a canoe, chucking it in the water.
It dips for a moment, before stabilizing. It seems it can hold 3 medium humanoids.

Using his heightened senses, he can just barely hear the movements of a swimming humanoid moving speedily further South. The creature is already over 120ft away from where it was previously (around 200ft from the boat).

Tacitus
2013-12-10, 03:36 PM
Kilian glances to the captain, but then back to the south as he continues speaking telepathically, 'As I suspected, it seems a survivor is fleeing to the south at speed. Can any of you catch him while the rest inspect the tree? I'm ill suited to either task.'

stack
2013-12-10, 10:04 PM
"Not quick enough to catch him before he's gone. I'll keep an eye out from here while others go look though, I'm not that great with details."

RFLS
2013-12-10, 10:24 PM
Boorgub

Boorgub swims back to the boat, wiping slime and water off of himself silently as the group continues to discuss what to do.

shugyosha
2013-12-11, 12:44 AM
Yin Lee

"Is everyone accounted for," she says as she tries to do a mental head count: Kilian, Boorgud, Orion, and Leal. "Okay, we're all here."

Murillio
2013-12-11, 09:49 AM
Leal Senu

Leal waves his little arms so he can be accounted for when Yin takes a head count. Then he climbs aboard the canoe. He grabs the oars and brings the canoe next to the main ship so that depending on the groups decision Leal can either climb back on the ship or have first dibs on prime canoe seating.

Chained Birds
2013-12-13, 01:00 PM
As Leal approaches with the canoe, signaling for others to come aboard, he is met with a silence. Apparently no one wants to brave the short travel to the fallen tree to investigate it.

The hobgoblin captain, in the meantime, starts removing the valuables from the dead Lizardfolk that was flung and killed on his boat. He then gets a sturdy broom and begins sweeping the corpse off the fairy and into the murky waters.

"Grrr, not as bad as last time I suppose..."

Leal navigates the canoe to the tree to get a better look.

The goblin discovers that the tree seems out of place. Even he can tell that a tree like this one is usually found in a big forest, and not a murky swamp. It is also pretty massive, with a diameter of at least 30-35ft.

Maybe climbing it will give him a good vantage to see where this thing came from? Though he can't really tell much, seeing he isn't scholar of trees or anything. Or maybe he is?

This tree is from a well known forest in the Southern, known as Sheer Drop Forest. It is known for its massive trees and amazing wood architecture that has continued to expand for centuries.

stack
2013-12-13, 01:06 PM
"Last time? This happens often then? Is the whole, er, suicide thing a common occurrence in lizardfolk attacks? Seems hard on the population."

Chained Birds
2013-12-13, 05:25 PM
"Nah. Suicide is not too common. Sacrificing is common however, dough' I always dot' dey' did it because dere' was nowhere out."

He starts brushing away the blood.

"Last couple of Hunters were a lot more vicious. Dey captured one and it actually bite its own tongue off after saying something. I don't know der' language... And no one tell me nothing..."

He finishes up the cleaning.

"Grrr, so for what purpose? I do not know... I'm more curious as to how dey' predict my trails. I change dem' almost every week."

shugyosha
2013-12-13, 08:29 PM
Yin Lee

Approaching the others she looks in the canoe and says, "If there's room I'll go."

Chained Birds
2013-12-14, 12:36 AM
Yin is also in the boat with Leal.

The woman discovers that the tree seems out of place. Even she can tell that a tree like this one is usually found in a big forest, and not a murky swamp. It is also pretty massive, with a diameter of at least 30-35ft.

Maybe climbing it will give her a good vantage to see where this thing came from? Though she can't really tell much, seeing she isn't scholar of trees or anything. Or maybe she is?

This tree is from a well known forest in the Southern, known as Sheer Drop Forest. It is known for its massive trees and amazing wood architecture that has continued to expand for centuries.

Murillio
2013-12-14, 12:56 AM
Leal Senu

Leal jumps onto the huge fallen tree trunk tries to climb it. He shall gain a better vantage point on how this obnoxiously large came to be.

[roll0] Climb check

[roll1] Perception

stack
2013-12-16, 09:59 AM
Orion calls out, "Anything interesting, or should we keep moving?"

To the captain, "Its possible they have shamans divining your routes...or old fashion spies. Hard to say. Anybody came up rich in town lately?"

Chained Birds
2013-12-16, 12:22 PM
Climbing the tree is easy, as he advances to the top in a few moments.

He sees to the West: More of the fallen tree. It seems to go off into the distance with no end in sight.

He sees to the East: More of the fallen tree, though it seems slightly elevated. This may mean that the tree fell from that direction.

To the North: Where you all came from, nothing of note.

To the South: More swampland. Nothing else really.

"Grrr, no more rich dan' any adventurer or potential Hunter finding some dungeon or somedin'."

He grumbles about something.

"Da' tree is new. Didn't see dat' coming."

He chuckles a bit, though his expression still makes him seem unamused by everything.

Tacitus
2013-12-16, 12:28 PM
Kilian glances to the captain and speaks telepathically, 'Hmm... have you considered that perhaps your mind leaks like a sieve? Divine guidance is possible, especially with sacrifices to fuel it. However, with potential evidence of others having their minds tampered with I would not be surprised to find it elsewhere. Think of it as a backdoor straight to your thoughts. You may now begin distrusting psychics with a vengeance.' He smirks before continuing, 'Though I haven't noticed any overt signs of such a thing, not that I've been digging.'

stack
2013-12-16, 12:44 PM
Yeah, mind control would do the trick. This could get interesting. er, more interesting. By which I mean terrible.

Chained Birds
2013-12-16, 03:00 PM
He scowls at Kilian,

"Maybe you should worry about how you are getting back. As long as dat' tree lies dere', my boat can't go back."

He then glances at Leal on top of the tree. He then exclaims towards him,

"Grrr, How big is dat' thing?!"

shugyosha
2013-12-17, 01:01 AM
Yin Lee

[roll0]

"This tree shouldn't be here," she announces as she step out of the canoe and begins to walk on the water's surface. She slow;y makes her way around the trunk of the tree."This tree is from the Sheer Drop Forest. These trees are so massive that whole family could live in there."

stack
2013-12-17, 12:28 PM
"So, they went to rather a lot of trouble to move a very large tree...seems like there ought to be an easier way. Maybe whoever is behind this lives down there?"

Chained Birds
2013-12-17, 04:04 PM
"Well, dat' friend you are looking for lives directly East of here. He lives in some forest. I hear da' trees are pretty tall dere'."

stack
2013-12-18, 08:27 AM
"Maybe we should press on then. If the tree blocks our way back when we return we can deal with it then."

RFLS
2013-12-18, 05:47 PM
Boorgub silently nods assent - he's still going through his overlarge pack of items, making sure none of it was badly damaged. The bag is waterproof, but it's better to find out now than when he needs it.

shugyosha
2013-12-18, 07:09 PM
Yin Lee

She give the tree a last once over, hoping to catch anything she hadn't before. If she satisfied nothing else is note worthy she'll return to the canoe and then back to the ship.

[roll0] perception

Chained Birds
2013-12-19, 05:40 PM
Yin returns to the group, leaving Leal behind for now.

She noticed that the tree is blocking the way. Meaning, a boat would have no way to go South from the North and vice versa. The only ideas that come to her mind at the moment are:
- Remove the tree (somehow), so the group can still travel by boat the rest of the way.
- Everyone climbs the tree and progress from there., forgetting about the boat.
- Get the boat to fly over the tree.
- Or, convince the captain to have the boat go East or West until the tree ends, then continue South.

shugyosha
2013-12-19, 11:03 PM
Yin Lee

"Let's go around it," she suggests as she climbs back to the boat.

stack
2013-12-20, 08:13 AM
"Be faster than playing lumberjack, I suppose. What do you say, captain?"

Chained Birds
2013-12-21, 02:33 PM
"Grrr, we've got an hour or so until it starts getting dark. And you want me to drive you guys in an unknown direction for an unknown amount of time? Nope!"

He starts walking up to his captain's area.

"Nope! Nope! Nope! Dis' place is dangerous for an average hobgoblin like me. I'm not risking my neck for any of you guys."

Murillio
2013-12-21, 10:18 PM
Leal Senu

From atop the tree Leal suggests, "How about we lift up the smaller boats and use those?"

stack
2013-12-22, 08:17 PM
"Or I could make some help. Give me a minute to think...How much does the ship weight, empty?"

Chained Birds
2013-12-23, 01:08 AM
"Grrr, she weighs a good 4500lbs. Pa made it and wouldn't shut up about it.

Why you ask?"

stack
2013-12-23, 08:19 AM
"Well, you see...this visit we're making, we don't plan on it being a long one, then we're coming right back, see? So rather than drop us off, you could just wait a little bit, not long, we're here to get information, not socialize. So I could get the boat carried over the log, then do the same on the way back. Keeps you nice and safe too, I mean, there would have been a lot more trouble back there if you didn't have us to drive them off to quick, right? Waiting for us would be a good idea regardless." He gives the captain his winning-est smile, hands wide.

diplomacy [roll0]

Chained Birds
2013-12-23, 10:24 AM
"I see... If you promise to give me a lift(?) back, I guess dat'll be okay. Dough the friend you seek lives at least a day's travel from the port... But you seem trustwordy enough."

The captain hesitantly agrees to the idea, though he is uncertain what the man is insinuating about going over the tree.

stack
2013-12-23, 10:32 PM
"Right then. Hold on." As Orion concentrates, first one shape, then another, then more after materialize out of the ether, humanoid but jagged and rough. The hulking figures immediately set to lifting and shifting the boat, dragging it to, then carrying it over the fallen tree.

enervation rolls to see what this costs me
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
over 15 means 6 PP, otherwise 9 9the stacking dazzled's hardly matter.

stack
2013-12-23, 10:34 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

dice code!

Chained Birds
2013-12-24, 12:37 AM
The plan goes... Well.

The captain is very nervous, having his vessel being lifted by strange automatons over the rather large fallen tree.

Leal watches as the boat is hoisted next to him, taking the opportunity to return to the boat.

The entire group does witness what Leal saw upon reaching the summit of the tree. Essentially, the tree seems to go past the horizon on either side (West and East). It rises slightly to the East, which may indicate where the tree fell from.

----

After a few moments, the boat is set onto the other side.

"Grrr, ready to head out Hunters?"

Tacitus
2013-12-25, 06:05 PM
Kilian rubs his hands together in anticipation as he proclaims telepathically, 'Onwards, then!' And to Orion only, 'You'll need to teach me to create those. Not now of course, but I'd like to know.'

Chained Birds
2013-12-25, 06:39 PM
Before the boat starts to move along the group feels that something is amiss.

If you pass the save, you notice a humanoid wearing an overcoat, drinking something from a mug with a straw. He stands on top of the fallen tree, eyeing the group as he slurps away.

His other features are a bit hard to tell, due the suns current position, shadowing his appearance.

"Good to hear. Should only take anoder 20 or more minutes to get back to port. So long as those lizards don't cause anymore trouble.

shugyosha
2013-12-25, 11:50 PM
Yin Lee

"You see that," she calls out to everyone and points to the man in the coat sipping a mug with a straw.

"Hello!" she calls out to him.

Tacitus
2013-12-26, 01:18 AM
At first Kilian notices nothing at all, and perhaps isn't even ill at ease. However, once Yin Lee points out the figure he reinforces his thoughts with a quick surge of psychic power and attempts to cleanse himself of any misguided perceptions. The psychic power sends spikes of power through his eyes and the parts of his brain deciphering sight and sound and the image of the figure fades into view.

Rolls in OOC, second wastes 1pp for the bonus to saves from being an Elan (Resistance).

Does Feeling Light, or after a quick check on that and then switching to Feeling Sound from Synesthete offer any insights into the figure?

A perception check if needed? [roll0] +4 to hearing or sound, depending on which I'm Feeling at the time.

Chained Birds
2013-12-26, 09:41 AM
He doesn't hear or feel much about the figure, other than he is probably a male humanoid. The man's heavy coat, gloves, and other forms of concealment makes it difficult to pinpoint who or what the person is. The drink in his hand tastes like some sort of orange blend, from what he can hear.

There seems to be no response from whatever Yin and Kilian are observing, and the captain seems to be none the wiser.

The boat begins to move. It slowly passes through some swamp debris, and in a few moments, the fallen tree becomes smaller and smaller.

stack
2013-12-26, 04:02 PM
"Odd fellow. He may have something to do with how this app happened, since giant trees don't usually just appear in convenient ambush spots...but the. He did t seem inclined to stop us. Should we god back?"

Murillio
2013-12-26, 06:12 PM
Leal Senu

Seeing the ship get lifted up above the tree has Leal's jaw dropping. His imagination almost buckles at the sight of it. Once back on the ship he spends the leisure time in his folding chair.

"Good back for who?"

stack
2013-12-28, 10:16 PM
"There was a man, on the log. Right there." He points to the top of the log.spellcraft? [roll0] to figure out what the deal is with the dude on the log

Chained Birds
2013-12-29, 11:21 PM
"Grrr, what?"

The captain turns around and looks directly at the stranger on the tree. He seems to squint, before looking elsewhere in confusion.

"I don't see nobody. You Hunters get crazier and crazier each trip."

He laughs as he continues to navigate the boat away from the tree. He seems to be oblivious of the stranger.

The figure moves. Seemingly gliding across the water, it slowly approaches the boat.

Not much to go on, but it felt more like a Power than a Divine or Arcane spell.

stack
2013-12-30, 04:17 PM
Orion calls out to the figure, "Please show yourself and state your purpose. I'm sorry if that is brusque, but we have just been ambushed, so you must forgive some caution on our part. If you mean no harm we would be happy to speak with you."diplomacy [roll0]

stack
2014-01-07, 09:54 AM
"Or you could ignore us."anyone here?

shugyosha
2014-01-07, 10:35 AM
Yin Lee

She moves to the edge of the boat. "Captain, you don't see him?" she says pointing at the man.

Chained Birds
2014-01-08, 12:11 AM
"See what?..."

The figure stops just at the edge of the stern. Floating somewhat above the water, it keeps pace with the boat, even though it appears to make no effort to move.

It starts digging into its heavy wardrobe, searching for something, before removing a worn parchment. It then speaks,

"He will not see nor hear me. My existence to most is an anomaly that many minds tend to remove, though it is good to know you are a group capable of noticing me... Potential..."

The voice is very low, with no accent. The voice sounds pretty androgynous as well.

Tacitus
2014-01-08, 01:16 AM
The elan stares at the figure for a few moments before glancing to the captain to speak telepathically, 'Apparently he is under some form of nondetection, which causes many to not see him, or her. If there is an immediate threat we will advise further.'

He then glances back to the figure and speaks out loud, "Potential for what, then? Are you in some way connected to this ambush or other strange goings on in these parts?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-08, 01:43 AM
"Whatever...crazy hunters, barking at shadows..."

The captain does not seem to believe Kilian, for some reason.

The figure responds,

"Yes to both. Though not directly. I simply diverted them towards the boat using a force of nature."

He turns his head, drawing attention towards the North, where the fallen tree still resides.

"Though I'll cut to the chase. Do you know why 3 Lizardfolks sacrificed themselves?"

Green Goblins have spread the ideals of sacrifice to many of the bestial tribes in the Southern. It is rumored that the more valuable the sacrifice, the power that is obtained.
Sacrifices can potentially be used for the casting/manifesting of high powered spells/powers. Only Outsiders truly know how much power can be generated by a single sacrifice or even how to fully perform the process. It should be almost impossible for creatures of the Material Plane to properly harness a sacrifice, let alone the Lizardfolks and Goblins.

Tacitus
2014-01-08, 02:46 AM
Kilian raises a brow at the mention of the figure having driven the attack towards the boat, but does not respond to it. He seems to ponder for a moment, "Hmm... they came to claim sacrifices, and in turn found more than they could handle so they offed themselves. I know for a fact that sacrifice can be used as a means to direct flows of energy, and those willing seems to offer just a bit more, but I had thought it required more ceremony and... precision. The knowledge to harness sacrifice isn't mortal knowledge, much less something available to the savage races."

stack
2014-01-08, 08:14 AM
psionics [roll0] "We were ourselves pondering the question. Now, since you are obviously a being of some power, perhaps you could just tell us what you are here for? Obviously you aren't going to be bothered by a few lizards. I would even wager that you could deal with us handily enough, should you choose to. So that leaves the significant question of what you would need us for?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-08, 07:23 PM
"I have only enough power to do what must be done. Not enough to be noticed, yet enough to make a difference little by little."

It listens to Kilian's explanation.

"Even though it should not happen, the Greens are able to somehow empower themselves through other's sacrifices. This is due to... the Secret."

It drops the parchment in its hand. An ominous wind blows the paper into Yin's hands.

"I appear to have dropped something..."

If she chooses to read it:

"Hunters must seek out the Secret, either by fate or by their own ambitions. Investigators must never truly interfere or aid, let they be noticed. Seekers must stop the Secret from being known."

"Anyways... As you lot are truly last of your kind, I simply wanted to show you the influence of the Greens. For even savage species, set in their ways for thousands of years, have been influenced enough to practice willing sacrifices for other races... what madness..."

There is a sense of sorrow in its words.

stack
2014-01-08, 09:44 PM
"Can't speak for the others, but I would have been okay with a letter or some-such. While I appreciate a good illustration as much as anyone, having them attack us then off themselves may have been a bit over the top. SO, if you went to all this trouble to show us the power of the secret, what can you tell us about it?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-08, 09:55 PM
"Nothing."

shugyosha
2014-01-08, 10:38 PM
Yin Lee

She reads the paper and looks up to ask. "What kind of magic can they cast through these sacrifices? Do the subjects have to be willing?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-08, 11:13 PM
"Don't know. Only the Greens know and they don't speak out against their kind. And those that do, never knew the secret to begin with.

I will tell you I know more than what I'm letting on, but if I say much more..."

The figure steps away from the stern, standing still over the water as the ship moves along.

"The only thing I can say that won't reveal myself too much is:

Don't allow yourself to forsake what makes you, you. Oh, and don't listen to Seekers... They're strange in what they do."

stack
2014-01-09, 08:15 AM
"That would be very prudent advice if we had any inkling of who the seekers are. Really. You went to a great deal of trouble to give us a useless warning and tell us that you don't know anything. Shall we go, or do you have more to not tell us?" Orion snaps, growing petulant at the obtuseness of the man.

Chained Birds
2014-01-10, 01:57 AM
The confusing figure simply waves the group good bye before slowly disappearing out of field of vision. The boat's journey is unobstructed from here and the group makes it to port.

Pass-away Landing, the name of the somewhat remote port town, is carrying on its normal business activities. The marshlands are near a large river system that branches across a large area of the Southern. Fort Hyuk was located to the north, deep within the marshlands, so no real traffic heads there other than Sawtooth's fairy.

The hobgoblin captain finishes anchoring the boat to his spot on a rather rotted pier. He looks to the group, and then to the slowly setting sun in the distance.

"Grrr, might be best for you lot get some shut eye. Da Soudern ain't very hospitable at night unless you can see in da dark."

Be wanders a bit down the pier,

"I can get a map guy to write down dis friend's location for you by tomorrow... Why can't I remember his name... Must be gedin' a bit to salty in the head."

He gives a worried laugh, but doesn't seem to concerned.

"If you want a cheap place to stay, go to da Giant Crab. Should have pretty safe food; never ate der myself."

Unless impeded, he'll wander off into the town, leaving everyone to do whatever with their time.

stack
2014-01-10, 08:17 AM
"Quite the dining recommendation. But I've eaten places that couldn't be described as 'safe', so I suppose its a start."I'm for going there unless someone has another idea

RFLS
2014-01-10, 03:12 PM
Borgub nods his agreement; he's still checking over his rather....impressive array of supplies to make sure nothing was damaged.

"I am used to safe food. One time, I ate entire plate of safe food at inn. Next day, I was nearly as explosive as some of my toys here. I say we should go."

Tacitus
2014-01-11, 11:01 PM
For a moment Kilian considers commenting on the captains rather fuzzy memory, but decides against it after how much he's already prodded at the subject today. He nods to the others, "I will accompany you, but I won't be partaking of vittles."

Chained Birds
2014-01-11, 11:36 PM
The group (or at least the majority) heads towards the Giant Crab; asking around a bit, but finding it with no real hassle.

Located towards the center of town, near a blacksmith and a rundown inn, the Giant Crab stands bright with red tinted windows and a huge crab claw hung from above. The claw looks real and possibly came off of a massive crustacean, or so the stories go.
Inside, the place is a bustle of Southern residents. Several hobgoblins, Lizardfolk (of varying scale color and tribal garb), and a few Green Goblins join in some of the traditional bar activities of playing darts, drinking, and bragging about some stories they've heard about or been through. There is a mostly human population here, though there are perhaps a half-elf or half-orc mixed in somewhere.

The head of the establishment, Goro Lo-Fang, sits at his personal table, enjoying a drink with a rather gaudy looking male human. Goro is a half-Orc from the Eastern who may have been an explorer in the Southern, before retiring to run the Giant Crab.
When asked for food and board, he'll offer 2 rooms for 7gp per night, which also includes 1 dinner meal. Each room only has 2 beds built for Medium-sized creatures, which can be pushed together to make a single bed for a Large-sized creature.

From here on, you guys may do what you like before deciding where you sleep. You can converse with the people here, the owner, or whoever else you want to find or contact. You can engage in the bar-related activities. Really, whatever you want!

One of you can pay for the rooms and food to make things easier, or equally split the 7gp cost amongst the group.

stack
2014-01-12, 11:57 AM
Orion looks the room over, then broadcasts mentally, I'm going to work the room for some information. Going to cost a bit for the drinks to get people talking, so if someone would kindly see to the rooms for later...

He slips into the crowd, drifting from table to table, making small talk, gently steering the conversations to recent happenings and the goblin question, as well as 'seekers'. diplomacy to gather info [roll0], plus any modifier for a 20 GP drink budget, spent on others, nursing his one or two well watered wines.

Tacitus
2014-01-13, 03:02 AM
Kilian spends a few moments looking about the room and trying not to breathe through his nose. Poor smells aren't so much an issue as the smell of any food that might be wafting about. On the subject of payment he mentally calls to the others, 'I have little in the way of gold, but could cover the tab if absolutely necessary. I would prefer to only put in one or two gold myself, however. Beds are another thing I have little use for, and one of you can take my meal.'

shugyosha
2014-01-13, 11:32 AM
Yin Lee

She followed the others to the Giant Crab. She had been in dives before and did her best not to look out of place. She scanned the room for anything or anyone of note before heading to the barkeep.

[roll0] perception

When offered a room she says, "I'll take one," and plops down 7 gold pieces.

Chained Birds
2014-01-16, 06:55 PM
There is a lot of movement going on as some members of the Hunter group go off to do their things.

Orion is able to get some basic information about what is going on.
- A group of gnomes from the Western have recently got off work. They work for a lumber mill and are celebrating the fact that they can finally cut some Southern trees down after a long legal battle with a group of Southern elves.
- The Green Goblins at the darts game are enjoying themselves. They don't say much to Orion, but tell him he should really hide his mouth when speaking to others.
- There is a actually a small table in the back where some gambling is being held. It seems like a Lizardfolk (looks like one from the same tribe as the guys who attacked the group) is drawing a bit of attention.

-----

In general, no one knows about "Seekers". They even act like such an idea is truly new. Concerning the goblins, most people just say that they are all crazy so it is pretty unlikely that they could keep a secret for over 7 years.

Looking around, she doesn't see anything out of place. Though there appears to be some attention surrounding a table in the back.

The owner takes the gold and reminds Yin that he only has two rooms available, and the money she gave him covers both.

stack
2014-01-16, 08:26 PM
Orion rejoins the others. "Bust, unless you you have an interest in gnomish lumber concerns. Let's hope the guy we came to see knows more than this lot. I'm up for turning in, don't need to flush an more coin lubricating people who don't know anything useful."

shugyosha
2014-01-17, 07:49 AM
Yin Lee

She thanks the barkeep and then heads to the back table to see what is going on.

Chained Birds
2014-01-17, 06:18 PM
She walks up to a group of burly and aggressive looking figures playing a game of chance with several stacks of gold on the line. Sitting at the far end is a Lizardfolk who seems like he/she came from the same tribe that attacked her group. The Lizardfolk says something in common as he checks his hands with a smile,

"-While the last prophecy was a bit off, the newest one is looking u-"

He stops as he looks at Yin. She sees the Lizardfolk fidget with the cards in his hands, before grabbing the gold in front of him and bolting from the table.

The group notice a bit of commotion as a Lizardfolk is seen running out from the Giant Crab, with a trail of coins falling from its hands.

stack
2014-01-17, 10:24 PM
Since we still have a mind link, if Yin asks Orion will use telekinetic force to jerk the lizardman back and into a convenient spot. Wild surge, will DC 21 or so [roll0] damage if he hits something hard

free manifestation, btw. 30% enervation [roll1]

shugyosha
2014-01-19, 10:14 PM
Yin Lee

"Stop him!" she shouts and runs after him.

Tacitus
2014-01-19, 10:47 PM
Kilian glances towards the fleeing lizardman and a surge of psychic power spikes within his eyes. A wave of nausea passes through the Collective for a brief moment before being channeled out to the unfortunate reptillian.

Manifesting Sicken Body
1pp to cast, 4 PP to add Nauseated condition. Spending 4pp on augments also adds +2 DC
Fortitude Save DC 19 or Fall Prone and be Nauseated for 6 rounds.

Manifesting without display.

Chained Birds
2014-01-20, 12:53 AM
Either by the sickening force, or the violent Psionic pull, the Lizardfolk is prevented from leaving and lies wincing in pain while holding his stomached on the floor.

Tacitus
2014-01-20, 02:32 PM
Kilian glances to Yin, 'There a reason I just turned this one's stomach?'

shugyosha
2014-01-20, 05:38 PM
Yin Lee

"I think he knows something about our little ambush we had," she says sternly.

stack
2014-01-20, 08:16 PM
Orion quickly crosses to the suddenly stopped lizard. "So, I think we need to have a little chat. Let's not try anything hasty now." Oof, pushed too hard, headache time. Why are these lights so bright?

Chained Birds
2014-01-21, 01:17 AM
"Oh, I have nothing to do with you Hunters."

He coughs through the pain.

stack
2014-01-21, 12:11 PM
Orion nods reassuringly. "I'm sure you don't. Some of your tribe did though. Sorry for the rude stop, but we have questions. If those that attacked us where not in their right minds then maybe we aren't enemies. We'd rather not see innocent people controlled into attacking travelers."

Chained Birds
2014-01-21, 11:55 PM
The Lizardfolk eventually recovers enough to speak more.

"You all seem a bit different... I was told I wasn't going to see any Hunters today, and it all went pretty well... And then..."

He quiets up.

Orion notices a bit of a gathering of thuggish individuals starting to walk up to them. One of them says: "He almost left without playing his last hand. Now we wouldn't want to see his good game go off without seeing his final play, now would we? :smallamused:"
One of them grabs the Lizardfolk by the shoulder with his strong, meaty hand, and begins dragging him away from Orion.

The Lizardfolk nervously spouts,

"Y-You want to know more?! I can tell ya! Just don't let these guys play me one more game! I know what will happen!... I mean... Uh..."

The thugs stop and stare the Lizardfolk down. The same thug says, "Wait a minute there little fella'. Now you weren't using some fortune teller's magic to predict your luck now were ya? :smallmad:"

Things are starting to look grim for the Lizardfolk.

shugyosha
2014-01-22, 12:46 AM
Yin Lee

"I see we have a cheater here," she says with her hands on her hips. "I think we better help him," she adds to her companions. Stepping towards the thug she readies a spell the says, "Hey, we weren't finished."

colorspray DC 18 + Awesome Display

Chained Birds
2014-01-22, 01:27 AM
Three of the members fall over in a daze, as 2 of them (1 of them being the guy who spoke) clench their eyes. The talkative thug exclaims, "Arg! Was that what I think it was?! :smallannoyed:" He then puts two fingers into his mouth, but is stopped by a wayward tankard of ale smacking him in the face.

At the table with the owner, the gaudy-dressed man simply smirks.

"Now, only 1 spell per customer. :smallwink:"

He gives a wink towards Yin.

The now blinded thug looks like he is about to say something, but stops himself. He then says, "...Scales! Your luck is going to run out!" A few girls come by and lead the blinded thugs out. They seem like their girlfriends or something. The unconscious ones are left on the floor. No one seems to care, and everything seems to go back to normal.

"...Thanks... I suppose I owe you something... anything in particular you want to know..."

stack
2014-01-22, 12:19 PM
Orion takes a seat, the headache fading. He pushes a chair to the lizardman. "Well for starters, who told you that you wouldn't see hunters today? What do you know about the attack?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-22, 07:07 PM
"Well... Our witchdoctor has been getting some really good predictions going on. He used to get a few wrong every now and again, and the ones he got right were usually pretty simple... But he could do magic stuff, so his position was never put into question."

The Lizardfolk begins putting his excess of coinage into a little sack under his tribal skirt.

"I always believed in him, and even took up speaking common so I could spread the word! I usually get a prediction from him every outing so long as I promise to keep spreading the word."

He then starts to scratch the scales on the back of his head nervously.

"Oh... And I know, like, nothing about attacking any group or anything... Yep... Not a thing..."

Tacitus
2014-01-22, 07:23 PM
Kilian listens to the conversation, but does not speak at this time. He does, however, keep a small reserve of psychic power ready in the off chance that the lizardfolk tries to run again.

Sounds like a lie and I figure he's going to get called on it anyway, but just to be sure...
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Chained Birds
2014-01-23, 10:15 AM
The Lizardfolk is definitely not truthful about his involvement with the attacking group of Lizardfolk from earlier.

stack
2014-01-24, 12:11 PM
"You don't sound so sure of that. Its really best to tell us what you know. Your tribe attacking us is not in their best interests, long term."

Chained Birds
2014-01-24, 02:35 PM
"Um... Ya, I don't know the details... But the witchdoctor did say something about needing more... materials..."

He slightly coughs a bit after saying "materials" to somewhat mask what he said.

"So he sent about a dozen guys out to get some... materials. I'm surprised you guys got out of a scuffle with like 12 warriors without looking too beat up. You Hunters must be pretty tough. And you took out Helmsplitter! That guy's Great Axe has destroyed many a strong Hunter!"

He praises the group with a nervous smile.

stack
2014-01-24, 03:42 PM
"Materials. You mean bodies. Maybe you ought to keep talking, put a positive spin on a lizardfolk tribe raiding to raise an undead army? Say the right things and maybe we don't have to pay your witchdoctor a visit ourselves."

shugyosha
2014-01-24, 07:23 PM
Yin Lee

"Undead or materials for spells," Yin says off handedly. Turning back to the lizard folk she stares at him intently, "Goblins, the green type, seen or heard of any?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-25, 01:08 AM
He points towards the dart game.

"There are two over there. Greens come by here all the time to play the darts."

He then trembles a bit when answering the second question.

"Y-Ya, I don't know much about magic or whatever, so when witchdoctor says... materials, I just sit there and nod along like I get it. Though I really don't want you guys checking up on him! He will totally know it was me! He has magic and junk; it would be easy for him to figure it out."

stack
2014-01-25, 02:33 PM
"Then maybe you need one less witchdoctor. You get to sleep easy and we don't get jumped on the river. Though I think my friend meant: have there been greens meeting with your witchdoctor or anyone else in your village?"

Chained Birds
2014-01-26, 02:31 PM
"The Greens are everywhere these days. They don't say much. It must be those mouth covers or something. Either way, my tribe lives deep within the marshlands. You can really only get there by swimming or, I guess, by flying there if you have wings or something.
I would suggest not going in the water without protection though. We Lizardfolks are pretty much immune to whatever sickness inhabits the murk, but pretty much everyone else is not going to have a nice week ahead of them..."

He gets up.

"Anyways, thanks for the help! I really don't want to say much else. I'm probably in pretty big trouble as is. Hope you Hunters have a better time than the previous ones though."

He then walks off out of sight to the upstairs of the building, where the rooms are located.

stack
2014-01-27, 12:24 PM
That was less than enlightening. Should we keep interrogating him, or just get some rest and meet our contact in the morning? Orion thinks to the others.

Tacitus
2014-01-29, 02:11 AM
Kilian relaxes as the psychic power he was holding subsides and he replies, 'I might suggest watching him so he doesn't try to inform his people or something, but I don't see a need to continue interrogation.'

stack
2014-01-29, 07:14 AM
"Fine, but I'm going to bed now."