PDA

View Full Version : Play-by-Post Q & A?

Gizladlo
2013-11-24, 12:56 AM
Is there a place to post questions about Play-by-Post games?

I wanted to ask a question about how people handle the battlegrid in Play-by-Post games, but couldn't find an appropriate board to post on.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

The_Snark
2013-11-24, 02:28 AM
My guess is that Roleplaying Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) would be the best place for it. It's not specifically devoted to play-by-post games, but it encompasses them. If the question is related to a specific game system somehow, then you should probably post in the appropriate sub-forum instead, but if it's just a general question about running battlemaps online then Roleplaying Games will do fine.

Caveat: if you're running a D&D 4E game, you may be better off posting in the D&D 4E sub-forum even if the question isn't specific to that system. I say this because 4E games almost always use maps and grids, so most of the people there will have experience with them. (As opposed to D&D 3.5/PF and Other Games, which often don't bother with battlemaps.)

Hope that helps!

Gizladlo
2013-11-24, 06:23 AM
My guess is that Roleplaying Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30) would be the best place for it. It's not specifically devoted to play-by-post games, but it encompasses them. If the question is related to a specific game system somehow, then you should probably post in the appropriate sub-forum instead, but if it's just a general question about running battlemaps online then Roleplaying Games will do fine.

Caveat: if you're running a D&D 4E game, you may be better off posting in the D&D 4E sub-forum even if the question isn't specific to that system. I say this because 4E games almost always use maps and grids, so most of the people there will have experience with them. (As opposed to D&D 3.5/PF and Other Games, which often don't bother with battlemaps.)

Hope that helps!

Ah yes, that does make sense. I posed my question in the 4e sub-forum. Thanks!

Roland St. Jude
2013-11-24, 11:38 AM
Sheriff: Indeed.