PDA

View Full Version : MY AMAZING NEW RPG: The Revolt (Rodents)

Volcan
2013-11-24, 06:13 PM
Rodent Rebellion is a funny little game I made with d20ragon

Anyway you choose a rodent four a raceand a thing I called a template I don't really know why. A template could be something like rabid, cute, sinister, malicious, heroic, or fantastical. And u and your gm decide your racial and template abilities. Ex. When we played d20ragon was a hostile rabbit named Wilferd he was fat with a scar on his head. The game mechanics are based on the d6 and u have three abilities physical mental and social and anything u attempt u make a roll 1d6 and add your ability modifier and any circumstance bonuses or bonus from your race or template for being hostile d20ragon got a +3 to attack rollsi

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-24, 08:05 PM
Umm... OK? You sound very pleased with yourself, so I take it it went well. Are you here to share rules, so that other people can try it out and suggest improvements, or just to brag? Because if the first, we're going to need a lot more details, and if the second... well, OK.

Volcan
2013-11-24, 08:53 PM
Well the first but I didn't want to write to much cause people might not of been interested

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm bragging. I copied this from its original thread so when I posted it their I was very pleased I guess

If your interested. Good

D20ragon
2013-11-24, 09:18 PM
I can clarify. The game uses a d6,along with physical,mental,and social for stats. You rolled a d6,then added your stat to the number. Templates added a +3 to the associated roll,or more,if the roll was specific ie,Hostile was a flat +3 to attack rolls,were something like pyromaniac might give a higher bonus,because it comes up more rarely.
Your race gave you a couple abilitys as well. Rabbits got a plus to jumping,and were healed by carrots.

Hit points were 1d4+physical.
Defense was opposed physical rolls,I think.
Damage was the difference in between the attack roll and defense roll,with a plus for different weapons.

There was a hero point-like system in place,and you could earn video game style achievements. For example,I earned kitchen aid for killing some cops in the kitchen,and eye doctor for putting out a girls eye with a carrot.

That is all. Good day,and may the d20 be with you.

Grinner
2013-11-24, 09:20 PM
I think what Grod's trying to say is that this thread seems to serve little purpose, and if that's true, I have to agree with him. You have a summary of the rules and nothing else. Not even a link.

Edit: Ninja'd, I think...

D20ragon
2013-11-25, 07:25 AM
This is an excellent point. However, because I am not the true king of this thread, only a usurper, I cannot answer your question.

Volcan
2013-11-25, 03:50 PM
well its incomplete the game i mean so i need help making it

Bhu
2013-11-25, 03:52 PM
well its incomplete the game i mean so i need help making it

Suggestions for races and templates and such?

Volcan
2013-11-25, 03:57 PM
exactly! yea i need stuff like that

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-11-25, 04:42 PM
Can you give us a rules write-up? It's hard to suggest things for a system without a good idea of character creation, task resolution, and so forth.

Bhu
2013-11-25, 04:57 PM
If it's specifically only rodents you limit yourself to the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodent

Some of these would only have cosmetic differences, and obviously they vary wildly in size so that would restrict you as well.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-25, 05:07 PM
Can you give us a rules write-up? It's hard to suggest things for a system without a good idea of character creation, task resolution, and so forth.
This.

Take the time to write up everything you have in a neatly-organized post. Read through it again to make sure you're saying everything the way you meant to. (As a bonus, this helps you think more about your own material-- you'll probably find a bunch of things you want to change). Run a spell check. Presentation counts, especially when you're asking people to evaluate a whole system's worth of material.

Volcan
2013-11-25, 05:44 PM
srry guys and no u dont have a limit to just rodents ill edit the post soon

Bhu
2013-11-25, 06:09 PM
I shall await your edits then and give a possible list of races. I assume you want them all roughly the same size?