PDA

View Full Version : PF: Ninja Running, Ninja Jumping, Ninja Building, Ninja Brooding?

fluke1993
2013-11-24, 10:00 PM
Hi

I am going to be DMing a game soon and since it's pretty open to new players I am making up some pre-made characters. The pre-mades include a wilder, a cleric and a cryptic but I want at least one completely mundane character. Since both of the people in the group right now are front-line melee types I was thinking of getting a Ninja ready. But for the life of me I can't find a hand book or anything similar for them. (well I did but I tend to shy away from any guide which lists weapon focus as a suggested feat) Heck I am even having difficulty finding one for the PF rouge.

Can anyone here give me some tips on Ninjas?

I am looking for advice on:
.....Stat priority
.....Feat selection
.....Skill selection
.....Trick selection

Edit: please note that I have homebrewed weapon finese to not require +1 BaB. In addition Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot have been fused into one feat, as has Dodge and Mobility.

Thanks in advance!!!

Psyren
2013-11-24, 10:52 PM
*sneaks in*
*places link to Ninja Handbook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dEZyEP-yooZdGprglxcEorpL_EnPfUqr6M89uHmF8Bo/edit)*
*sneaks out*

avr
2013-11-24, 11:02 PM
The greatest strength of PF Ninjas - the Vanishing trick - is kind of magical. If you were going to avoid magical-seeming abilities you'd miss several (though not all) of their strengths.

For a ninja's stats I'd make CHA equal to or above DEX; they have a lot of uses for their ki.

What sort of level were you looking at?

Edit: or you could just read the handbook, sure.

grarrrg
2013-11-24, 11:04 PM
*sneaks in*
*places link to Ninja Handbook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dEZyEP-yooZdGprglxcEorpL_EnPfUqr6M89uHmF8Bo/edit)*
*sneaks out*

that would have been cooler if you had used ninja text

Psyren
2013-11-24, 11:09 PM
that would have been cooler if you had used ninja text

Dangit, I knew I shouldn't have been wearing the orange jumpsuit...

fluke1993
2013-11-24, 11:16 PM
Huh, that was the hand book I found. I coulda sworn it had said something about the weapon focus tree being necessary or something, but I guess I shouldn't build characters while sleep deprived. Thanks. To answer questions the build is level 2, 22 point buy with 1,000 gold.

Edit:for ninja text