PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Lich Help

sabelo2000
2013-11-24, 10:36 PM
Dear Playground;

I'm trying to find/create a psionic lich enemy to throw at my game group sometime in the mid-future. My ultimate goal is something akin to the X-Men's Shadow King; a purely mental, immortal being without physical substance, that exists by possessing and dominating people.

I haven't found any official descriptions of a psilich, so does anyone have any suggestions for mosters/classes I could adapt to suit this role?

So far my best efforts have only produced a Dubbyk with psion levels, which to me seems a bit weak. The Dubbyk does, technically, have substance (albeit incorporeal and invisible); I'm trying to create an entity of pure mentalism. Furthermore, I would like to flavor this enemy as a once-mortal psion who transcended both material and mortality through his sheer malevolent will.

Are there any magic jar shenanigans that could enable a discorporated spirit to persist outside of the Jar, or to continue hopping from body to body?

I'm stuck here. Any class/creature/cheese suggestions would be appreciated.

Psyren
2013-11-24, 10:38 PM
There is a Psionic Lich in Hyperconscious, as well as the "Spectral Savant" from CPsi. (Though that second one is a weird amalgam of lich and vampire.) Give it Astral Seed for the phylactery and you're good to go.

sabelo2000
2013-11-24, 10:39 PM
I haven't heard of Hyperconscious, can you elaborate?

Psyren
2013-11-24, 10:42 PM
It is a 3rd-party book, however it was written by Bruce Cordell (the author of the XPH) and is generally regarded as high quality. There is some really nice stuff in there if you can locate it. Supposedly it is OGL so if I can dig up mine I should be able to post the Psionic Lich for you if you can't find it.

sabelo2000
2013-11-24, 10:44 PM
I'll go hunting for this book, but if you happen to find yours I'd appreciate an excerpt.

Jurai
2013-11-24, 10:48 PM
Psion Uncarnate, from XPH.

Psyren
2013-11-24, 10:50 PM
I found and checked my copy... but unfortunately,the monsters chapter does not appear to be open content :smallfrown: thus I can't post it. But good luck locating the book.

Designation of Open Game Content: Subject to the Product Identity designation above, the following portions of Hyperconscious: Explorations in Psionics are designated as Open Game Content: the class advancement tables and Class Features in Chapter Eight; the feats in their entirety in Chapter Four; the power parameters (range, duration, etc.) and game mechanics in Chapter Seven; the psionic items of Chapter Five in their entirety; and anything else contained herein which is already Open Game Content by virtue of appearing in the System Reference Document or some other Open Game Content source.

The monsters chapter is Chapter 6, and is not mentioned as being covered, nor is it (to my knowledge) available in any other Open Content source.

sabelo2000
2013-11-24, 11:52 PM
Darn. Well thank you anyway.

gurgleflep
2013-11-25, 12:11 AM
Liches of various forms? I've got a thread for that! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298793) :smallbiggrin: