PDA

View Full Version : Metaconcert

PowerGamer
2013-11-24, 11:15 PM
I built an Unbodied Psion (Telepath)5 / Thrallherd 9 for an "NPC" for a campaign I'm in. It was intended to be a guild leader of the psionics guild. The guild was supposed to be one of the smaller ones in the area. The DM saw what I had done and ended up making this character one of the final bosses.

So here's what I need.
- 2 ideas for Thralls that can participate in a Metaconcert
- 1 7th level "----"
- 2 6th level "----"
- 4 5th level "----"

By reading Metaconcert we all get actions as 1 single person so I can't just surround myself with reach weapon wielding Psychic Warriors who trip anyone within reach.

Any ideas on how to go about making this into a boss fight?

Psyren
2013-11-24, 11:20 PM
By reading Metaconcert we all get actions as 1 single person

Where are you getting that?

The participants in a Metaconcert get their actions just fine. They have to move together, but they still get their standards+swifts, and even their full-rounds if they stand still.

PowerGamer
2013-11-25, 12:39 AM
You link your psychic might with other psionic creatures, creating an entity more powerful than the sum of its parts

All the powers of each participant are known to the mental entity created with metaconcert (which is under the conductor’s command). This entity can’t take any more actions than a normal individual, but it manifests all its powers more effectively. Each participant contributing to the entity provides a cumulative +1 bonus to save DCs that apply when manifesting a power or using a psi-like ability. Likewise, each individual provides a cumulative +1 bonus when the entity makes its own saving throws in response to powers or psi-like abilities.

Once linked, the participants must remain within a 20-foot-radius area, and as a group can move at a speed of 10 feet. If a participant moves outside the 20-foot-radius area occupied by the others (whether willingly or involuntarily), that individual drops out of the group, and the power point pool of the metaconcert is instantly recalculated.

Basically the "Manifester" takes control of the group who becomes one entity. This entity takes place of each participants actions with it's 1 standard round worth of actions. The group can move as one mass of people at a speed of 10ft and need to stay withing a 20ft radius of the Manifester.

Psyren
2013-11-25, 12:47 AM
Basically the "Manifester" takes control of the group who becomes one entity. This entity takes place of each participants actions with it's 1 standard round worth of actions. The group can move as one mass of people at a speed of 10ft and need to stay withing a 20ft radius of the Manifester.

I think you're misreading the power - it creates an entity. All the participants still retain all their actions (well, provided nobody moves), and there is also a new, vaguely-defined thing that can also manifest all their powers from a shared pool.

And yeah, it can't take more actions than an individual - it gets one standard, one move, and one swift/immediate, like anybody else.