PDA

View Full Version : Journey to Lost Lands(IC)

GranAures
2013-11-25, 02:35 AM
Keothi
It had been a warm day, the kind that makes a person want to relax and enjoy the weather. For Keothi, however, there was little choice as on if he had the chance to relax. The recent warmth had increased the frequency of passing trade caravans and with the increase in trade came an increase in banditry. Given the potential danger that came with the caravans the villagers decided it best to set an extra watch rotation, offering Keothi a sizable feast once it slowed back down.

This day though had been relatively quiet, allowing Keothi time to relax a bit and maybe a bit to much as a load yawn loosed itself from the Goliath's mouth. Moving himself to stave of the lethargy didn't seem to help much as a second yawn soon followed.

Waking, Keothi finds himself propped in the corner of a rather dark chamber, the only light coming from moss growing along the walls. Someone else was there with him, though Keothi could only barely make out their figure against the dim lighting as they began to stir.

Phaeris
Finally clawing her way out from underneath the weight of Skyfury's body, Phaeris was able to finally see the result of their failure. There before her laid the cold, half devoured remains of her former master, maggots already infesting the festering corpse. Phaeris' stomach churned at the sight as the gnawing of the maggots echoed through their feast creating the sound of profanities and curses to her ears.

Snapping awake, Phaeris quickly leans to one side and looses whatever was still in her system from earlier, it had obviously disagreed with her. When her stomach finally settled down the difference in surroundings finally came to her. Her new surroundings were clearly not the trail she had camped near as the sounds of others came from the corners of the stone room.

Celina
With the seasons warming up, Celina found herself tasked with keeping with the more active trade caravans until something more pressing came up. It wasn't much in these times of quiet, but it was something to keep people from getting hurt, plus it payed well enough to cover expenses and repairs.

Though the work was steady, the Elan was finding herself increasingly concerned. The caravan she was going to hire on with next was a day behind schedule and had not sent word ahead of itself to announce the delay.

With the worry Celina decided to go try to meet the caravan partway and see if they needed help and was met with a grim sight. She had finally found the caravan, near nightfall, ambushed and completely ransacked. With the mess she couldn't even be certain if there were any survivors until one of the caravan's surviving guards, a jittery little man that looked about as scared of Celina as he probably had been of the bandits. responded to her calls. Celina got the bulk of the information from the guard before sending him off back to warn the town she had come from before settling off the trail hoping to find the bandits the next morning.

When morning should have broke, Celina finds herself in the dark with minimal light. From the movements she can make out and hear, she can be certain that there are two others with her.

Leonard
Passing into the border town lightened Leonard's step a bit. Just recently he had come across information concerning a ruin. Having sent word ahead and have the reply sent to the next town on his way, Leonard was pleased to see that his studies into more mundane pursuits had earned him a place on the expedition. It was confirmed that it was a rather dilapidated ruin, not much in the way of standing structures, so his talents posed little threat to the others that were hired.

Stopping in town for the night, Leonard made his way over to the nearest inn to get food and rest. Being a border town, the wizard was actually capable of finding more than a few people looking to arm wrestle and actually managed to earn himself enough for his stay and meal, even despite the one that claimed Leonard had cheated.

The chill Leonard awoke to was hardly normal given the arid nature of the area he had been in, not to mention the implication that he was now on the floor. Opening his eyes greets the mage with the sight of near darkness lit only by moss.

"Finally awake are you?" a voice asks from the corner as Leonard starts moving, clearly female.

Dandish
Traveling through the forest seemed a good idea. The Couatls had resided among the trees ages ago, at least that's what Dandish had come to learn, so it was possible some sign of their existence remained. It had been a slow exploration though, any sign of anything aside from normal animals living any the area was long overgrown proving any attempt to locate even the remains of one of the temple difficult at best.

Setting up camp for the night, Dandish was interrupted by a visitor, a female travel in simple garb asking to share his fire and camp in return for some game she had caught. Certain the other traveler was sincere, the two shared a meal in silence before readying for bed. Dandish could be certain he heard his guest say something before he drifted off but it was in a language unfamiliar to him.

Awakening, Dandish isn't greeted by the light of the sun but by the sound of retching.

Jemma
Having not been very used to travel had, once again, proven to be one of the most difficult thing that Jemma currently had had to deal with in her, admittedly, short adventuring career. The telepath had miscalculated the distance in between towns and had been an extra day in transit than she had intended and supplied for. Thankfully enough, she managed to stumble across a caravan coming from the other direction that had settled down for the day and offered to put her up for the night.

Jemma accepted, much despite Myron's urgings to the contrary, settling in with the caravan for the night. The group treated her well, telling her to east her fill from the stew they had made, given the large amount they usually made, all at the cost of just sharing a few stories about herself. Jemma settled in early for the night at the caravan head's recommendation since they would start up early the next morning and the bedding set in the wagons for sleep were as soft as those back at the college.

The bedding she woke on was hardly as soft, obviously stone given her soreness and the coolness against her face as she began to stir. She could hear someone, or something, else moving around behind her.

Everyone
The cells you are in appear to be about 20ft square, though the dim lighting conditions from the naturally florescent moss make it hard to be certain. Against on wall is a patch, about 10 ft across and tall, devoid of any of the moss though three small patches of the sickly green glow can be seen near the top. Given the rough shape it isn't hard to assume that area of wall is a door.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-11-25, 02:49 AM
Leonard

Slightly annoyed Leonard looks around the room, while his mind races: Where am I...who is that?. Then, his heart skips a beat as he realizes something...my spellbook!. In a minor panic, Leonard starts looking for his pack and his spellbook as he answers the woman. "Hm? What? Yes...yes, of course I am awake"

Kymme
2013-11-25, 08:34 AM
Phaeris

"WHAT! IS! THIS! NONSENSE!" Phaeris leaps to her feet, silver eyes glowing with surprise, fury, and the faintest hint of sorrow.
"Who dares imprison me! Do you know who I am!?"

She steps forward into the center of the room. The young woman's eyes still blaze with fury, and she wipes the remnants of her vomit with her bare wrist - My bracers! Her mind races and her eyes dart about her body. My tools! Where have they gone! Phaer's eyes darken, their glow diminishing for a brief moment. Of course. They've taken them from me.

Hands balled into fists, she roars at the others trapped with her. "Well!? Are you alive? Speak! What do you have to say for yourselves!?"

Activating See the Unseen for constant see invisibility and Darkvision 60 ft.

Looking down at myself and then at the others in the room.

esorscher
2013-11-25, 10:13 AM
Upon awaking, before she even opens her eyes, Jemma feels the emotional feedback coming from her psicrystal, sending panicked images of the room to her through their telepathic bond, along with waves of fear, emotionally transferred along the line. Jemma's heart went from resting to alert in moments accordingly, but she forced herself to calm down using the mnemonic device she had learned at the College. Her body tells her that she is lying against the wall in the corner of the room, her face open to the room, and that someone is stomping on the floor. Without sound or motion, she manifests her Read Thoughts power. By all appearances, she remains asleep, but her ears and her mind paint a picture of what is transpiring the room.

3 pp, DC 16 will save to negate. Area of effect is a 60' cone and it penetrates barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it. Everyone in the room is targeted and maybe some people outside the room as well.

Phrackd
2013-11-25, 11:48 AM
Having a restless night due to nightmares, Celina wakes up to find that she is not welcomed by the morning sun. Observing her surroundings as best she can in the dim light, she realizes that she is imprisoned in a cell with two other beings. Her stomach growled, and she realized she hadn't eaten since midday yesterday. The A'dir's power came to her mind and released itself and her body was rejuvenated as if she had eaten a large feast.

Her next intention was to determine where she was, and if there was anyway to escape. I better also make sure the others in here with me are friendly. As she thought about the friendliness of her cell mates, a bellowing female's voice came from somewhere in the stone room. Contemplating the question and whether she should answer, she searched the cell for any means of escape.

Celina uses her elan racial ability to spend 1 pp to avoid eating or drinking for 24 hrs. She also searches the cell for any weaknesses in the walls or anything that could help her escape while trusting that her cell mates are friendly.
Search: [roll0]

Zombulian
2013-11-25, 02:17 PM
Dandish opens his eyes to the sounds of retching. Well that's attractive. He calmly scans the dank cell as he slides himself to a sitting position against the wall, stroking his braided beard and inspecting himself for signs of harm.
With a jolt he hears the racket of screams and profanity coming from the cell over. Simmer down Firesoul. Let me think.
He settles against the wall again and casts Detect Spirits.

Detect Spirits works as Detect Undead, but detects all Incorporeal Undead, Elementals, Fey, creatures in astral form, anything with the spirit subtype, spiritfolk from OA, and spirit creatures created by dreamsight or wood wose.

BelGareth
2013-11-25, 03:00 PM
Keothi was bored...which wasn't hard, he just needed something to do, something to work on, his hands needed to do something, he well, at least his mind.

Standing guard was....not engaging his mind...it was mind numbingly boring, and he usually detested it, preferring to patrol, or at least walk the roads, but this time the villagers had insisted, saying a mighty feast even for him was in store if he would.

How could he turn them down?

So he stood his watch, and stood, and stood and waited, and stood some more.

when the yawn came at him, he jolted up awake, berating himself for even letting a yawn escape form his mouth.....another yawn, he couldn't help it, he shifted in place and.....darkness...

Darkness? He thought to himself, as he realized he was awake, or...waking, banishing the beratement for later, he focused his vision frowning as he did, another was in the same room....

He couldn't see anything, so instead he stood, looking for his hammer..."Who...who are you?" he asked tentatively to the shadowed figure near the luminescent moss.

GranAures
2013-11-25, 09:12 PM
Leonard
Rummaging through his pack proves more of a challenge to Leonard than it should, if for no other reason than the lack of proper lighting. In a few moments he feels his hand run across the familiar surface of the tomes cover along with his notebook, pen and inks. Upon finding his spellbook the mage notices an odd fact, despite what magical expenditures he had made the day before he now finds his spells already prepared as he did the day prior.

"I've no clue what you're so concerned with finding," Leonard's cell mate speaks again, disinterested in his display of panic, "it shall do you little good if you intend to stay here."

Phaeris
As the enchantment washes over her senses and she looks about her person, Phaeris can notice that her equipment is still with her, though her bracers had somehow been wrapped around the other side of her arm and her pack and other supplies on the ground opposite of where she had leaned. Clearly whoever had put her here was either very stupid in leaving her possession with her, or very certain that escape was impossible.

Looking about the cell, the woman can clearly make out the other occupants: a rather lightly dressed woman checking the walls or the cell and a bearded man in more shamanic garb gazing about the room from his position.

Jemma
Stilling her mind for a moment, Jemma manifests the power but no thoughts fill her mind. Despite the lack of mental information, the telepath is bombarded with images of a massive humanoid looking about the chamber as he says something to her.

Thinking quickly, Jemma can all to mind that her cell mate is a Goliath a race of aptly named mountain dwelling people.

Celina
Prodding about the edge of the room Celina can be certain the the walls are well made, our at least well worked as the rough texture of the stone comes to her hands. Given the texture of the walls and the moss growing about it, she could probably guess that the chamber was worked out of a cave or similar natural structure and untreated to allow the moss to grow again meaning that the walls were probably about as thick as the distance to the next chamber. Searching a bit further along, Celina finds her hands run against a different surface when she reaches the dark area of the wall, the texture of rusted iron confirming that the surface is a door.

Dandish
Opening his sight to find spirits, Dandish finds no such beings in the area. Whether that was a good or ill omen was unclear but it did make a simple point, the shaman and the two others with him were the only ones in that room.

Keothi
Despite the darkness Keothi finds his hammer rather easily given the fact that the massive weapon was partially illuminated by the glow of the moss along the walls.

BelGareth
2013-11-25, 09:38 PM
Keothi smiles as he grabs the handle of his hammer, it felt cold to the touch, but there was a comfort in that cold iron, grasping it, he stood to his full height using it as a staff, leaving the head on the floor, but ready to whip it up if need be.

This stranger had yet to talk to him, even though he had asked it a question.

"Excuse me....uh, do you know where we are?"

Waiting for an answer, Keothi moves to the 'apparent' door and starts inspecting it with one hand, feeling what it is made of, and what kind of hinges, lock, and handle it has.

Kymme
2013-11-25, 10:16 PM
Phaeris

Phaeris sighs inwardly when she finds her items still in her possession. She glances at her cellmates, eyes flashing with annoyance at their lack of any response.

"Well?" Her voice is softer now, but still retains its edge. She sniffs the air, nostrils flaring in the dim light. "What are you waiting for? Speak. I don't bite - not hard enough to injure, at least."

Phaer is going to activate her Magic Insight and using it on her cellmates. Which are probably Dandish and Celina.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-11-26, 02:53 AM
Leonard

Relieved, Leonard now has more time and attention for his companion. "Just something I care for." Leonard peers around the room and then decides to evoke light magic to help him see where he is. As the room lights up, he looks at the other person in the room. "I am sorry, have we met?"

Casting Light

Phrackd
2013-11-26, 03:06 AM
Well this part of the wall is in fact a door. Interesting, i wonder if it appears as much like a wall on the other side as this side. The question is can i open it? Realizing she still had her equipment, she searches through her pack for her crowbar. As she searches she responds to the woman's voice, I, fair maiden, am impressed with your firm tone. Your tone makes me wonder if you are of royal blood. But, despite my interest in you and all of our other cell companions, I am more concerned with our present predicament and how we can get out of said predicament. And with that Celina pulls her crowbar out and, after wedging it soundly into the crevice between the hidden door and the wall, uses all her might to try to wedge open the door.

Strength check to pry open the door with a +2 circumstance bonus to the strength check because of the crowbar: [roll0]

esorscher
2013-11-26, 09:44 PM
Her psicrystal continues to send panicky images toward her, as the prospect of being alone in a room with a hulking humanoid is one that causes the psicrystal fright, and one that might cause Jemma so as well, were it not for her training. Still, despite the cool rationality, she has never found herself in a situation like this before, and can't help but feel the effects of the emotional transference. She opens her eyes and "wakes up". While still manifesting the Read Thoughts power, she stands up and says to the goliath, a trace of hesitation in her voice, "My name is Jemma. I don't know where we are. What is your name? Do you remember how you got here?" She begins walking around the chamber, pushing her palms against the walls as she does so, feeling for a secret latch or anything unusual. Search: [roll0]

Kymme
2013-11-26, 11:20 PM
"Is that so?" Phaeris blushed in the shadows but quickly covered it up with a wide grin, her white fangs shining in the dim light. Taking a closer glance at her cellmate, Phaer was surprised at the woman's height - which was precariously close to her own. Interesting choice of clothing, she mused. But not quite my style. Too... non-revealing.

Cupping her hand in her chin, Phaeris thought for a moment before speaking again. "Perhaps," she began, "you might be in need of some assistance?" The young woman took a few long strides to stand side-by-side with her cellmate and began to aid her in prying the door open.

Strongth Cherk: [roll0]

Yay for aid another!

GranAures
2013-11-27, 11:14 AM
Keothi
Inspecting the door, Keothi figures the door to be made of metal, possibly iron though the texture feels a bit off. For the more mechanical aspects of the door, the Goliath can find the the hinges are on his left and seem built in such a way that the door should open inward, the lack of any handle helps to solidify the thought as such a door would be rather hard to open from the inside. Regrettably, due to the construction of it, Keothi cant really be certain if the door is locked.

Phaeris
Looking about her cellmates again with her augmented vision, she can easily notice the presence of magic. Given some time she can be certain that the length of chain that was with the other woman and a ring on the man's finger had faint auras but there were a number of slightly more potent auras coming from the man's pack. The auras were to numerous for Phaeris to get an exact feel of them, but experience told her that there would have to be at least 10 there.

Leonard
Upon casting his evocation, Leonard can hear his cellmate shout something, possibly cursing given the tone of it, though he couldn't quite understand it was oddly close in sound to Elven. Looking over, Leonard can see the reason behind her outburst as well as her obvious knowledge of Leonard's actions. Though highlighted with purple and maroon, the woman's dark skin, ghost white hair, and elongated ears are more than enough to give away her heritage though the gleam of her blood red eyes when she straightens back up and glares at the wizard don't exactly disprove the theory that the woman he's been locked up with is a Drow.

"I doubt it," she finally responds, "despite our alliance and proximity we still make it a point to avoid you surface kind." After speaking, the woman stands and Leonard can notice that she is quite well built for a Drow, or any Elf for that matter, toned and firm muscle peeking out from the rips and tears in her once finely crafted robes.

Celina
Working at the door, Celina has a hard time getting the thing to barely budge despite the give being there. Taking another go and putting herself well behind it, the door slowly begins opening with a deafening creak and grind, leaving the other woman who had offered to help without much of a task to do so.

Jemma
Poking and prodding about at the walls as she talks, Jemma can hardly find anything of interest about the walls themselves. She can note that they seem to be worked into walls, not built from stone quarried elsewhere, hinting at a subterranean structure.

Dandish
Not doing much from his current position, Dandish notices that despite his lack of communion the spells he had asked of the spirits the day before still float readily in his mind. His concentration is broken by the creak of a door and looking towards the sound shows that his cellmates had managed to wrench the door of their cell open.

BelGareth
2013-11-27, 12:25 PM
Keothi smiles as the woman answers, he was relieved he wouldn't have to fight her, she seemed friendly enough.

Shaking his head he answers "No, I have no idea, I was guarding the village and then I must have...fallen asleep somehow, I awoke here..." He turns to the door and nods at what he must do. "Stand back, I'm going to try and break this door, you might want to cover your ears..."

He readies himself, hefting his huge hammer and swings it against the door, over and over.

Sunder Rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#sunder)
Common Hardness and HP's (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/exploration.htm#tableCommonArmorWeaponAndShieldHar dnessAndHitPoints)

Looks like a metal door 2 inches thick is hardness 10 and 60 hp's, so he'll continue attacking until the door is done, depending on its thickness.

He'll take a full round action to line up a shot getting an auto hit every time:

{table=head]Round|Damage|Damage after hardness 10|total damage
1|[roll0]|3|3
2|[roll1]|11|14
3|[roll2]|8|22
4|[roll3]|6|28
5|[roll4]|6|34
6|[roll5]|10|44
7|[roll6]|11|55
8|[roll7]|9|64
9|[roll8]|5|69
10|[roll9]|9|78
11|[roll10]|12|90
12|[roll11]|8|98
13|[roll12]|6|104
14|[roll13]|11|115
15|[roll14]|5|120
[/table]

esorscher
2013-11-27, 12:33 PM
Solid, Jemma thinks as she watches the goliath exert himself against the door. She covers her ears as instructed and waits for the results. She focuses her Read Thoughts cone of affect on the door and what lies beyond it, in case she can detect someone on the other side.

Kymme
2013-11-27, 12:52 PM
Grinning at the sight of an open door, Phaeris patted her companion on the back with an open hand. "Good work. Now all that's left is the actual escape."

She turns back, regarding her other cellmate. "Would you care to join us, comrade? I'm sure you wish for escape just as much as we do."

Zombulian
2013-11-27, 01:16 PM
I would indeed. Dandish lifts himself from the wall, slinging his pack over his shoulder. Though I would like to know where we are before we go anywhere. Dandish walks to the door. Once at the threshold, he mutters a spell under his breath, pops his hand off, and throws it through the doorway.

Dandish casts Spider Hand

Phrackd
2013-11-27, 02:12 PM
With an approving nod, Celina accepts the help this woman offered her. Before the woman can help however, Celina put her back into budging the door and hears the creaking of old metal hinges. She sees the door has budged open.

Hmm, that was relatively easy, the door must not have been locked... Who or what imprisons people with their equipment and no lock on the door? And was able to bring me here, where ever here is, quickly without waking me. At least this predicament will test skills, I always have enjoyed difficult tasks that test my mettle

Celina was surprised to see the older man take his hand, pop it off, and throw it through the door. It must have been done by magic. She guessed that her companions were unique people like her. The pat on the back was appreciated, and she felt a tingling for a moment.

Thank you, and yes that is going to be the real fun part miss. I am not sure how you, kind sir, plan on finding out about where we are by throwing your hand away, but i trust you know what you are doing.She chortles a bit at her own joke I personally would do better knowing who it is I am with before moving forward. I am Celina Zirilli of the Rose, chosen of Xer' kanvinan and wielder of the Red Chain. Who might you two be?

Knowing that they were not out of danger yet, Celina takes some time to focus her mind and the A'dir's will. Then expending that focus she concentrates to manifest like Virodan taught her those many years ago although with an added twist of her own. The power released was an extra sensory perception that allowed her to be aware of aggressive intent, and when the power released a slight smell of cucumber wafted from Celina. By focusing extra carefully she was able to extend the duration of her esp, she had no idea how long her and her companions would be in danger. Listening to her companions, Celina grabs her backpack, bow and chain. She slings the back pack and bow on her back, and grips the chain firmly.

Celina takes a ten on her concentration check to become psionicly focused. The total score with a +12 concentration is 22. it is a DC 20 to become psionicly focused.
Then Celina expends the focus to extend her power Detect Hostile Intent and spends 5 pp to do so. Duration is now 20 min/lvl, for a total of 100 min. Within 30 ft circle of Celina active aggression is detected, and Celina can not be surprised or caught flat-footed by any creature susceptible to mind-affecting powers. Also, Celina can make free Sense Motive checks against anyone within 30 ft of her.
Celina picks up her gear and keeps her spiked chain drawn.

GranAures
2013-11-27, 02:25 PM
Keothi and Jemma
It takes only a few solid strikes from Keothi's hammer before the door finally buckles and falls out of the doorway. The the door itself was still mostly intact it's possible the stress proved to much for it's hinges. When the dust and noise settle, both captives can see that the area beyond is a hallway, illuminated by the same dim glow of moss, about 10ft wide that seems to go straight towards another "door" about 40ft down and turns off to their right about halfway down.

Leonard
Before Leonard has a chance to respond the sound of banging can be heard from the opposite side of the door. After a few second there follows and equally loud crash.

Phaeris, Celina, and Dandish
As Phaeris and Celina look out of the cell they can see, Phaeris more clearly due to her invocation, that the area before them is a hallway continuing straight and branching off to their left. For Celina the sight is unclear, just illuminated enough for travel by the same moss that lined their cell. Phaeris though can clearly see another iron door at the hall's end 40 ft before them only moments before seeing a severed hand fly into her vision from behind her, aglow with magic and transforming into a spider before it hits the ground. In a moment, the vermin begins looking about with purpose seemingly directed by another source.

As his spell takes effect, Dandish feels his sight link to his transformed hand's able to clearly see the area through the spiders eyes as well as Phaeris can.

Celina, after her silent manifestation ends, at current feel no hostility towards herself. Though with the expansion of her senses a distinct but unrecognizable odor wafts into the area.

BelGareth
2013-11-27, 02:32 PM
Keothi grunts as the door crashes down, and grins, turning to Jemma.

"Follow me, and stay behind me."

He moves out to the door, inspecting it, seeing if he can open it.

esorscher
2013-11-27, 02:40 PM
Jemma is happy to comply, despite Myron's hesitation. She keeps her Read Thoughts power activated as they go, scanning the hallway ahead and behind as they move in order to detect any unseen presences--or any seen presences, before they come into sight.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-11-27, 02:41 PM
Leonard

"I see," slightly annoyed but not at all fazed by the fact there's a Drow in his cell Leonard looks around. "Well, in that case: My name is Leonard, pleased to meet." He stands up and gives the Drow a friendly nod while he heads to the door and tries to open it. "I am sorry, but I don't have time to hang around." When the door does not open, he scratches his goatee and inspects the door, the door post and the lock mechanism. "Hmmm..."

Leonard inspects the door and the way it is locked and tries to find a weak spot to use a Shatter spell on. I am thinking the door is too big/heavy, but perhaps I can target the lock or the doorpost the lock hinges into?

Knowledge Architecture and Engineering: [roll0]

Kymme
2013-11-27, 02:47 PM
Phaeris quirks an eyebrow at the mysterious hand-spider as it dashes past her. Neat trick.

Turning back to Celina, she replies: "I am Phaeris the Powerful, comrade. Her hand flies to the pouch at her side and she draws from it a wicked mace, all spikes and barbs. "Bearer of Skyfury."

She starts off down the hallway, eyes and ears alert for any sign of danger. "Both of you, stay behind me."

23 Listen, 9 Spot

Zombulian
2013-11-28, 03:29 PM
Dandish nods after Phaeris. Sending his spider slightly ahead of her. Eyes and ear perked for any sign of danger, while also trying to take full advantage of his hand's newfound tremorsense.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

GranAures
2013-11-28, 05:05 PM
Keothi and Jemma
The pair moves down to the door ahead of them and can notice light pouring from the slots at the top of the door. The light wasn't there before so it was clear that somebody was in there, the sound of talking helps. Examining the door, Keothi finds it of about the same state as the one he had just knocked down. Giving the door a small push to try to open, the Goliath is surprised when the door not only creaks open slightly but does so at such a, relatively, light push.

When the door opens, Keothi and Jemma can see a human who had seemed to be inspecting the lock of the door and a female Drow standing against the far wall. Despite their clear presence, the Telepath still draws nothing from their minds, clearly people of strong wills.
Keothi Strength Check: Habitual Effort 11
Jemma Knowledge Local: Habitual Effort 11
Leonard
Examining the lock, Leonard can be certain that it was designed in such a way as to be hard to reach from the cell's interior. Hardly dissuaded, the wizard begins mentally comparing the make of the door to those in other structures he's study he can be fairly certain of what section of the wall would be in front of the lock and is about ready to try to break it open with a spell before the door creaks open just in front of him revealing a human and a hulking Goliath with an equally sizable hammer.

"Well how fortuitous," the Drow says at the sight, "it seems you're not the only planning a departure."
Leonard and ???? Will results: 28(Leonard) 21(????)
Leonard Knowledge Nature: Habitual Effort 14
Phaeris, Dandish, and Celina
Getting about 20ft down the hall, Phaeris and Dandish's "spider' are capable of seeing the next stretch of hallway. In addition to the doorway about another 20ft the direction they were going, the path to the left stretches on for another 20-30ft splitting off in both directions.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-11-28, 05:22 PM
Leonard

Leonard prepares fire off his spell when the door cracks open. "Yes, that is also an option." Leonard sizes up the new people in his cell. A human and a Goliath...they did not have a key, it would appear, so they are not the one holding him in this cell. Might as well try to see if they may be friends. "And a good day to you...Congratulations on your demolishing feats." The magician smiles a broad smile. He looks a bit older than most, but he comes across as quite fearless. "Leonard is the name. Do you happen to know a way out? It seems I have been....misplaced..."

Kymme
2013-11-29, 12:40 AM
As the three of them come to the branching paths, Phaeris takes a look to the left. She points down the left hallway. "I say we go that way. Far less chance to make any more noise." The woman tosses a lock of dark hair over her shoulder and turns around. "Let's take the quiet approach, shall we?"

Zombulian
2013-11-29, 03:39 AM
Dandish snorts, This, coming from you? But agrees and follows all the same.

esorscher
2013-11-29, 11:31 AM
"Greetings," Jemma says, and introduces herself. "We're looking for a way out as well, you're welcome to accompany us." If there is nothing else of interest in the cell, and the prisoners there agree to follow, then she heads back into the hallway to continue their explorations.

BelGareth
2013-11-29, 12:15 PM
Keothi nods as they greet the newcomers, seemingly attempting to escape themselves, he smiles at the human and raises his hammer "This is my way out, join us, there is strength in numbers"

He motions them to follow as he moves in front of Jemma.

Phrackd
2013-11-29, 01:33 PM
Well okay Phaeris I will take up the rear guard and follow. Celina slips off her backpack, rifles through her backpack and pulls out a sunrod. She hits the sun rod against a wall and now a radius of light made it much easier for her to see. She then proceeded to follow Phaeris and the older man who had yet to introduce himself.

When they reach the end of the hall Celina listens and responds to Phaer,Quiet is always a good thing in unfamiliar territory. I will continue to follow you and agree with the choice of paths. She snickers at the old man's comment, he was right Phaeris was not one who seemed she could be quiet. Before continuing she took a few moments to focus.

Take action to activate sunrod: 60ft light radius, 1 hr duration. Take a 10 with +12 concentration check for a 22 to become psionicly focused. Otherwise Celina keeps her chain ready, and takes the rear as the three continue up the left passage.

Kymme
2013-11-29, 05:38 PM
Phaeris glanced over her shoulder at Dandish. She flares her nostrils and growls, "That was simply a moment of weakness. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll have you know that I can be very silent."

She nods approvingly to Celina and continues onward, staying a few paces behind the hand-spider.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-11-29, 07:11 PM
Leonard

"Well, pleased to meet. After you!" Leonard seems quite happy with this new development. Before he follows the others out of his cell, he turns around. "Hey, you, I did not catch your name, but, eh....are you coming, or?"

Zombulian
2013-11-29, 09:56 PM
Sure sure. Hold up for a second, I'm gonna send my hand further ahead.

Kymme
2013-11-30, 04:43 PM
Phaeris stops for a moment, letting the hand-spider scuttle past her. "Is it painful, that?" She whispers, a trace of disgust in her voice.

GranAures
2013-11-30, 10:58 PM
Jemma, Keothi, Jemma, and Ly'el
"Ly'el," the Drow says as she slowly follows Leonard out seeming content to stay within the shadows of his Light spell. Unlike the others she seems to have nothing with her other than her garb and an object inside the fading robes that she holds at. "It seems best to let you all lead the way," she explains, "I would hardly be able to aid much." Ly'el mutters something to herself as she finishes, seemingly rebuking herself.

Moving on the other way brings the four to another split with a path leading off to their left and right. The left hand path ends at another door, in far better shape than at least the one on Leonard's cell and the right hand path continues around a bend back off to the left.

Walking out to the next split alongside Dandish's spider the two less hindered scouts can see the continuations of each path clearly. To the right stands another door, seemingly better built at first glance than the one of the cell they were just in, and to their left the hallway continues on turning off in a L to the right.

Receiving feedback from his spider, Dandish can sense the presence of a couple of people just inside of the vermin's tremorsense.

esorscher
2013-11-30, 11:55 PM
"Ly'el," Jemma repeats, committing it to memory. "Is something the matter? Why wouldn't you be able to aid much?" She can't help but seize on the tantalizing opportunity to question the Drow about her subtle hint.

"My vote is for the door," Jemma says when they face the fork. "Keothi, I believe this is your area of expertise." She doesn't know if it's locked, but if she was in charge of their prison, it would have been.

BelGareth
2013-12-01, 12:09 AM
Keothi smiles as Jemma suggest the left door, he turns to her and nods, raising his hammer in fondness. "In my culture, there is a running joke, when given the option of directions, go right, for Hell is surely to the left." he looks at her and winks "I don't take much stock in it though" he says as he moves to the door and attempts to nudge it open gently with his hammer from a few feet away.

GranAures
2013-12-01, 12:25 AM
"Aside from my clear lack of arms and armor, my current shortcomings are my own business," Ly'el snaps at the question, "you don't see me asking questions as to your own flaws do you surface dweller?"

Nudging at the door down the left path, Keothi finds that this one is better secured in it's frame and possibly even locked as it doesn't budge.

BelGareth
2013-12-01, 12:36 AM
Grunting at the locked door, he prepares to heft his weapon, bringing the mighty hammer above his he tenses and then turns as if he forgot they were there. "Stay back, this might get loud." he says with a much bigger grin.

He then swings with all his might at the door, again and again.

Taking into consideration a hardness of 10
{table=head]Round|Damage|Total damage
1|[roll0]|8
2|[roll1]|18
3|[roll2]|25
4|[roll3]|35
5|[roll4]|41
6|[roll5]|55
7|[roll6]|63
8|[roll7]|69
9|[roll8]|82
10|[roll9]|93
11|[roll10]|105
12|[roll11]|113
13|[roll12]|117
14|[roll13]|123
[/table]

esorscher
2013-12-01, 12:51 AM
"Whoa," Jemma says, raising an eyebrow. "I meant no offense." She speaks kindly, attempting to make amends and improve the Drow's demeanor. "I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help you. But if you truly wish to ask me questions, you will find I am happy to answer." Diplomacy: [roll0]

Zombulian
2013-12-01, 01:02 AM
Only if the little bugger gets into some trouble. Then I've gotta grow another one... Dandish pauses for a second as he lifts his stump. It's a nasty business.

Tremorsense gives pinpointed positions, but I won't ask for extreme specifics. Are the lifeforms past the door or around the corner?

Kymme
2013-12-01, 01:20 AM
Phaeris snorts. "Keep it beside me and I can assure you that it shall remain intact. Now..." As they arrive at the juncture she glances down the path to the left. "I say we head left."

Her eyes dart from the hand-spider to its owner. "Has it noticed anything?"

Zombulian
2013-12-01, 01:24 AM
Mm, yes actually. Dead ahead, there's movement.

Kymme
2013-12-01, 01:35 AM
"Hm." Phaer takes a step forward, placing her ear on the wall before her. She closes her eyes for a moment and her breathing slows.

After a few moments she steps away from the wall and starts down the left hallway at a fair clip, her eyes narrowed. "Let's not keep them waiting."

Using detect magic in the direction Dandish pointed out. It's a 60 ft cone, so hopefully it'll reach in that direction.

Zombulian
2013-12-01, 02:07 AM
Ah. Well then. Dandish casts Bite of the Werewolf on himself and follows Phaeris.

It should be noted that the SpC version of Bite of the Werewolf make it a 3rd level druid spell as opposed to a 4th level spell.
Dandish's Stats Now:
Str - 14
Dex - 14
Con - 15
AC 19
HP: 35

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-01, 07:17 AM
Leonard

"Well, perhaps if we just walk quietly to the exit, there won't be any problem to deal with." Then Keothi starts banging on that door very loudly. "Well, or maybe not quiet."

Phrackd
2013-12-01, 03:30 PM
Celina remained silent while Phaeris and Dandish conversed about his spider hand. It was a strange power no doubt, but Celina had seen strange powers before. And surely she would see stranger things in her long life.

After Dandish tells Phaeris that his spider senses movements up ahead, Celina tenses. Hmm, she thought, I wonder if we are soon to meet our captors, or are we to meet more of the imprisoned. She knew that through her psionic senses that any hostile intent would be noticed by her, and so she relaxed a bit.

Phaeris, in her hotheadedness it would seem, strolled ahead down the left passage. Celina looked down the right passage to check for any threats, out of habit from her father's training. "Always be vigilant, because it is at that moment when you aren't that you die," an axiom her father drilled into her as a child. However, she had always gotten caught up in her head, and sometimes was inattentive, to her father's chagrin.

Spot down the right passage to notice any dangers [roll0]

Turning back, she followed Phaeris and Dandish down the left passage, prepared to use her chain at a moments notice.

GranAures
2013-12-01, 10:13 PM
Jemma, Keothi, Leonard, and Ly'el
"Unless you've prayed for a proper restoration I doubt you could do anything," Ly'el resonds in between strikes from Keothi's hammer, she's hardly apologetic in her tone but she's certainly calmed a bit.

With Keothi, it only about six solid strikes for the door to buckle and give, opening out into another room and greeting the four with the smell of stagnant air. Though clearly another cell, this one seems to have gotten more use than the ones any of them were in. Skeletons litter the floor as well as various bits of ruined equipment.

Turning around the bend in the left path sees the trio faced with another door. Though this one is clearly the best crafted among the four they've seen now, there is a pleasant fact that this particular barrier actually has a handle on their side.

As they move, Dandish can notice that the previous group he had detected through his spider's tremor sense seems to be four strong and is bout 30 to his right at the edge of the sense. Further he can sense one more creature at the edge and 15ft to his left and 40ft out as well as two others that have just entered into range 35 ft out to his left, each moving opposite directions with the that came from their rear turning towards them and entering within 15ft into an area on the opposite side of the wall.

Quickly checking the other path, Celina finds nothing of interest.

esorscher
2013-12-02, 12:40 AM
Jemma scans the room for signs of mental energy before she begins looting the skeletons. "I'm afraid such healing is beyond my power, for the time being." She seems sincerely saddened by her inability to help Ly'el. "Is this a dead end? If so, let's go see where the hallway leads." She doesn't leave until she's looted all the corpses, though.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-02, 02:46 AM
Leonard

"Looks like we are just too late, eh?" Leonard does not enter the cell to loot the corpses for many different reasons, but he does not try to stop anyone else that does so. In the meanwhile, he decides to try and strike a conversation. "So, aside from trying to get out, what are you guys doing here?"

BelGareth
2013-12-02, 01:52 PM
Keothi grunts once again as the door crumples to his blows.

He was having fun, but he knew he couldn't get carried away, this was...a strange and possible place after all.

Peering in he saw the skeletons and ruined equipment, frowning he wondered how long they poor souls had been stuck in the room for.

He stepped close to Jemma, potentially warding her from harm wherever it may come from.

Zombulian
2013-12-02, 03:17 PM
I'm getting sign of more forms than I had detected before. Seven total. Four in the original group to the right, one heading away and two heading towards the door. Plan of action?

Kymme
2013-12-02, 05:01 PM
Phaeris takes a bold step forward, her fingers tightening around her morningstar. "I say we open the door and get ready for a fight." The woman's eyes flick to her companions. "What say you two?"

Zombulian
2013-12-02, 05:29 PM
Fine by me, Firesoul.

Dandish prepares an action to cast Blinding Spittle at an enemy on the other side of the door.

Kymme
2013-12-03, 06:17 PM
"Good... and what's with this firesoul nonsense?" Phaeris scowls. "Eh, tell me later."

With a quick inhale, the woman seizes the door handle and swings the door wide.

Activating Phaer's Energy [Fire] aura.

Readying an action to use a Shaped Entangling Slowed Firebreath on whatever is on the other side of that door if it shows any hostility.

Phrackd
2013-12-03, 10:19 PM
I am ready for anything on the other side of the door, though my danger sense hasn't detected anything up to this point.

Celina moves close enough to the door so that she can use her hostile intent detection to ensure there is no hostile intent on the other side of the door.
She also readies an action swing her chain at anything that comes through the door before Phaeris opens it.

GranAures
2013-12-03, 10:23 PM
Keothi, Jemma, Leonard, and Ly'el
"And I thought our kin greedy," Ly'el muses moving in closer to peek around the bend. "Why we're here though is a needless fact if we can't get out don't you agree? Luckinly there's a door off this way."

Checking through the cell, Jemma manages to find a small case that's still in good condition. Inside she finds two rolls of velum as well as smoothly carved stone die.

Opening the door, the trio stare out into large chamber 25ft across from where the door is and about 45ft long. Unlike the hallway and cells, thos room is much better lit, with burning torches set high enough up on the walls and hanging low enough from the ceiling to illuminate the entire chamber. Down at the corner to their left, and adjacent to their door, there is a 10ft long wooden bench with a match across the chamber, as well as a similar pair 10ft away to their right. Across the chamber is another door in roughly the same repair and state as the one they had just opened as well as another, larger, double door down at either end of the room. These doors are much bigger, almost 15ft wide, with a smaller humanoid sized set in the middle. The room seems oddly devoid of activity despite the information the Dandish had received from his spell, though there are a number of skeletons strewn about the ground.

With the door open, Phaeris detects the clear tingle of magic. Most of the room is awash with minor ambient magic, as are the torches, but the strongest auras seem to emanate from the large doors at either end of the hall.

Zombulian
2013-12-04, 02:44 PM
Suspicious. Shall we try the next door?

Kymme
2013-12-04, 06:03 PM
Phaeris takes a step forward, venturing further into the room. She exhales slowly, sighing. "Impossible..."

Her eyes close slowly, and when they snap open each shines with a brilliant inner light.

Using See the Unseen's see invisibility power.

Spot to scan the room: [roll0]

esorscher
2013-12-04, 08:23 PM
Jemma ignores the Drow's comment as she pockets the items, but takes note of it. Myron starts sending her panicky feelings but she can not tell what is frightening him. She suppresses the emotion and continues on, following Ly'el. "How do you know where the doors in this place are?"

Phrackd
2013-12-04, 08:30 PM
Stepping into the large room, Celina looks around. Noticing the skeletons she makes note that they could be animated and so she remained wary. She decides to search the room for any useful tools and then to also find any unusual things about the room.

Dandish, you indicated there was movement coming from a few different areas, but these skeletons are older. I am guessing then that the movement you detected came from somewhere behind these two bigger doors. Isn't it strange that there are just skeletons strewn about the floor though? I wonder what happened here, where ever here is.

Search check to check the room: [roll0]

Zombulian
2013-12-04, 10:07 PM
Dandish raises an eyebrow quizzically, I don't recall telling you my name. I don't trust this place. He looks over at Phaeris. See anything?

I never introduced myself, had a slight reason. But we can pretend I did for so we don't lose immersion.

GranAures
2013-12-06, 07:13 PM
"I didn't," Ly'el responds haughtily from her new location at the bend, "but, since you three were busy with the skeletons, I decided to look along our only remaining path."

Ly'el points down the bend as the others turn and about 10ft before them stands another door of better repair than the others. From their position nearer to the door, Keothi can vaguely hear the sound of movement and voices though not clearly enough to make anything out.

Scrounging about, Celina can't find much out of the ordinary, a few scrapped and rusted weapons and armor pieces but nothing of any real use or value.

Phaeris, similarly, doesn't see anything invisible on her scan of the room. However, she does easily notice that there seems to be light coming out from underneath the other regular sized door, and not the flickering light of a torch but a steady glow.

esorscher
2013-12-06, 07:17 PM
As usual, Jemma attempts to read the thoughts of anyone on the other side of the door. She stands in such a way that Ly'el is caught in the effect of her power, so that she might also gain some insight into the drow. She doesn't know why, but she has a bad feeling about her. "Keothi, can you handle that door?"

Kymme
2013-12-08, 12:45 AM
"No. Nothing. Nothing at all save a glow coming from under that door." She gestures to the human-sized door with her morningstar. "There."

Then she begins to creep towards it, once again inhaling deeply.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-09, 04:27 AM
Leonard

Leonard had been submerged in his own thoughts for a while. This whole situation does not make a whole lot of sense. Before following the others to the next door, he takes one good look at the skeletons and the scenery of the room.

I'd like to make a knowledge check to find out more about what these skeletons were when they were still alive and how they likely came to their end.

[roll0]. +10 for Arcana, +9 for most others, +7 for Architecture and engineering, Nobility and royalty and History and +6 for Geography.

Phrackd
2013-12-09, 03:16 PM
Searching the skeletons led to Celina finding some rusted out weapons and tools. The skeletons must have been there for awhile considering the repair of their equipment. There was not much else she could do until Phaeris indicated a strange glow was emanating from underneath one of the double doors. Celina moved to the doors Phaeris indicated and stepped close enough not to touch the door but so her detection power could penetrate the doors. Keeping quite she stood ready and alert for any dangers.

Zombulian
2013-12-10, 12:11 PM
Well lets go then!
Dandish walks over to the door and pushes his palm to it. Checking for warmth on the other side.

BelGareth
2013-12-10, 05:50 PM
Keothi turns and looks to the door mentioned.

And grins.

"Of course, unless it's reinforced with magiks of some kind..." he moves over to the door and prepares to swing at the thing, then thinks otherwise, instead he gets a little closer and attempts to open the door.

If closed, then he will sunder it atwain.

Again assuming hardness of 10
{table=head]Round|Damage|total damage
1|[roll0]|6
2|[roll1]|12
3|[roll2]|16
4|[roll3]|27
5|[roll4]|37
6|[roll5]|51
7|[roll6]|59
8|[roll7]|61
9|[roll8]|76
10|[roll9]|82
11|[roll10]|88
12|[roll11]|98
13|[roll12]|103
14|[roll13]|117
15|[roll14]|128
[/table]

GranAures
2013-12-11, 01:50 PM
Keothii, Leonard, Jemma, and Ly'el
Finding the door unlocked, Keothi pulls the iron door open.

Looking out beyond the now open passage, the group sees a pair of humans standing before the door, a male in shamanic robes with a, what appears to be magically applied given the rather odd blending of wolf and human features, canine face, and a rather revealingly dressed female bearing a morning star.

Aside from the two distinct presences before them, they can see the chamber beyond to be rather large and well lit in comparison to the ones they've been in with a, similarly built, open door just across to the other side of the chamber.

Phaeris, Celina, and Dandish
As Dandish places his hand on the door, he finds it to be about as cool to the touch as he would expect compared to the air around them. Clearly whatever was creating that glow was not creating heat as well. Moments later, the door opens behind his hand revealing another group of people, four strong, on the other side.

At the front of the group is a mountainous humanoid, a Goliath by Dandish's thought, toting a massive hammer in the hand not opening the door. Behind him stand a female Drow, seemingly more annoyed than hostile, despite the common nature of dark elves, in fraying and weathered robes and a female human whose eyes seem to attempt to keep track of the area beyond the door and the Drow before her. At their rear, stands a, far less physically imposing and far more aged, human male in lighter traveling fair and robes, something on him seems to be perpetuating the glow.

From what the two can see, the hall the others are in is much like the one the just exited from, aglow in the same moss and turning off to the right and possibly back away from them. Phaeris, individually, can easily detect the presence of magic among them given her currently advanced senses.

Kymme
2013-12-11, 02:25 PM
With a quick shout and a burst of speed Phaeris places herself between Dandish and the newcomers. Her silver eyes glow with baleful energy.

"Who are you!" She shouts, voice full of frustration and surprise. "Speak or perish, it matters not to me!" A faint tongue of fire dances between her gnashed teeth.

Readying an action to use an Entangling Slowing Shaped Fire breath on the 'hostiles'. :smalltongue:

Dis is gunna be gud!

BelGareth
2013-12-11, 02:48 PM
Keothi narrows his eyes as the newcomers react almost in a threatening manner, hoisting his hammer on his shoulder he waves his empty hand at them.

"I am known as Keothi, my companions here also have names, we awoke here in a cell, I bashed down the door."

He says, matter of factly.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-11, 04:45 PM
Leonard

Leonard grins. "Hi, my name is Leonard. Keothi speaks the truth." He waves with his hand in a dismissive gesture. "If you insist on picking a fight that would be a welcome distraction from these doors and hallways, but I'd rather join forces in finding a way out."

BelGareth
2013-12-11, 05:29 PM
Keothi nods his massive head "Indeed, doors do not fight back" he says with a stupid grin on his face, "but helping each other might be better."

Kymme
2013-12-11, 06:39 PM
Phaeris leans back, surprised at the newcomer's lack of hostility. After a few moments the woman folds her arms and sizes them up.

"So you are prisoners as well? Interesting." She gestures back to her companions. "We too awoke in a cell. It could be useful to travel together. At least until we escape this place. I am called Phaeris the Powerful."

esorscher
2013-12-11, 07:41 PM
Jemma trains her psychic power on the newcomers in an attempt to read their thoughts (DC 16). As if inspired by some divine source, she opens the scroll case to see if there is anything inside, and inspects the scrolls within to see what they contain. (Know Arcana: [roll0]) She does not say anything to the new people, content with what Keothi and Leonard have said so far, but she monitors them closely.

Kymme
2013-12-12, 12:49 PM
Suspicion, a little bit of fear considering the hammer-toting Goliath. Confidence in being able to take on everyone else. Maybe the faintest hint of empathy.

Zombulian
2013-12-12, 12:54 PM
Dandish places a reassuring hand on Phaeris' shoulder. Hail friends. I am known as Dandish. I believe my companions and I are just as confused as you are. We would be glad for the company.

Empathy. Genuine hope for assistance.

BelGareth
2013-12-12, 01:33 PM
Keothi smiles "Well met Dandish, I think helping each other would be beneficial to us all." he thinks for a moment. "Perhaps I can lead the way?"

He moves to lead, readying his hammer in both hands.

hope, small joy, determination

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-12, 03:05 PM
Leonard

"Yes, let's." Leonard says as he follows Keothi. "We may never get out of here, but if we keep on bumping into strangers at this rate, we can start a new society." Leonard grins again.

Kymme
2013-12-12, 04:57 PM
"Then let us be off." Phaeris takes a step forward, shrugging off Dandish's hand and giving him an annoyed glance before following behind Keothi.

GranAures
2013-12-13, 05:59 PM
Main(?) Hall
With the other group walking out into the main chamber, Celina can finally make out the other group, and they her. With little changed by Phaeris, Dandish, and Celina they see clearly the room's, possibly, previous inhabitants as well as the two sets of double doors at either end.

Leonard and Jemma, can each be fairly certain that this particular room was probably the main chamber of a cave, or at least a natural chasm in the rock, given the height and relative lack of work on the ceiling.

Kymme
2013-12-16, 05:19 PM
Well. Now that we're all acquainted, there are some preventitive measures that I must employ. Step forward.

After that she passes her hand over Dandish and the newcomers. They all feel the cold and dampness of their surroundings lessen, as if they were encased in bubbles of comfortable air.

Using Endure Exposure of everybody.

esorscher
2013-12-16, 06:50 PM
"Thank you." Jemma says, happy for the protection. "I'm Jemma, by the way." She moves to the back of the group, watching everything ahead of her (and catching everyone in the area of her psionic power) and following whoever decides to take the lead first.

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-17, 03:07 AM
Leonard

As Phaeris places the protective invocation on Leonard he peers at the process intently, nods and smiles. It is obvious to Phaeris that Leonard recognizes the magic and what it does. "Thank you kindly"

With a +17 in Spellcraft I figure I can identify a least invocation when used one me.

Kymme
2013-12-23, 05:23 PM
"You are quite welcome. Now, we should be off." Phaeris marches towards the double doors to her right, inspecting them with shining eyes. When she arrives at the door she grabs the handle and attempts to open it.

Scanning the door with See the Unseen and Magic Insight, then trying to open it.

Strength Check if the door is locked/stuck: [roll0]

BelGareth
2013-12-27, 02:55 PM
Keothi takes the spell with a smile. And then moves off, leading the group into the cave.

He walks to the doors and tests them to see if they are open.

GranAures
2013-12-27, 08:31 PM
Main Hall
Phaeris has little trouble with the smaller door, finding it that it opens fairly easily despite the would be weight of it's construction. As she begins opening it, though, the magical auras on the doors suddenly fade and a chill runs through the room. Phaeris and Keothi get a look out into another hallway, bathed in the same sickly dim green glow, with Phaeris seeing clearly that it ends in another large door and branches off in both directions about halfway down.

Moments after opening the door the clear sounds of scraping and rattling start to fill the room as a number of the skeletons that littered the chamber floor begin to pull themselves to a stand. The skeletons, though lacking some of the less necessary bones, seem to have been some form a bestial humanoid. Any armor the time worn corpses might have had has long corroded to uselessness, and even the weathered battle axes and shields they carry have clearly seen better days. Despite the corroding balance of their rusted arms, the undead hold their axes ready while seemingly assessing the best targets.

These creatures are clearly skeletons, as a common form of undead the basic weakness to bludgeoning damage is common knowledge.

Both Dandish and Leonard can clearly recognize the skeletons as belonging to Gnolls before their reanimation, a rather odd fact given that Gnolls typically prowl warm plains, not caves(Know(Nature) DC 12)

Leonard also gets the rather odd sensation that these are hardly normal skeletons. Their slight movements seem to structured.(Know(Religion) 14)

Initiative Order:
Leonard
Jemma
Celina
Phaeris
Skeles
Ly'el
Dandish
Keothi

Autopsibiofeeder
2013-12-28, 04:39 AM
Leonard

"Oh, look...seems like we're up for a little fight." The wizard produces a small chord of leather and draws an invisible sigil in the air as he invokes a protective barrier around himself. Then, he moves to the back of the group, allowing others to move into melee if they wish to do so.

Casting Mage armor (AC improves to 16 for 5 hours) and moving back a bit so the others can do melee and Leonard can toss spells from aback.

Also, he will think a bit on whether he knows something about these creatures that can help his new friends: Knowledge (religion) [roll0]

esorscher
2013-12-28, 11:44 AM
Jemma casts Offensive Precognition on herself. (+1 to attack rolls)

Kymme
2014-01-05, 07:48 PM
Phaeris snorts. "A fight? More of a speed-bump, if you ask me." Her gaze shifts to the five skeletons and her eyes flash with red.

Phaeris leaps past Keothi, making a short hop and landing atop a corner bench. The young woman inhales deeply through her mouth, pulling dust and even bones towards her. Then her jaws snap shut and heat begins to build up in her chest. "PERISH BEFORE ME!" She shouts, fire guttering behind her razor fangs. Then she breathes, and the room is swallowed in a wyrm-shaped inferno.

HP: 56/56

Move: Tumbling to A1.

Tumble Check to avoid AoO: [roll0]

Swift: Activating Draconic Aura [Fire] (+2 to the Save DC of Fire attacks)

Standard: Using a Line of Fire breath weapon, Shaped to a cone and using Entangling Exhalation. Said breath weapon hits Skeletons 1-3.

[roll1] /2= 4 Fire damage, DC 21 Reflex Save for half damage. Any creature that takes damage is also entangled for [roll2] rounds and continues to burn.

GranAures
2014-01-07, 08:53 PM
As the flame wash over the three skeletons they leave the animated bones charred while some of the energy seems to stay hanging from the joints. Unable to comprehend anything beyond their intended use, the skeletons take to arms. The one nearest Ly'el takes a swing at the drow, causing her to stumble a bit in surprise and affording the skeleton the opportunity to land a telling blow against her side, offering a sickening crunch and a squelch as she crumples to the ground and begins bleeding. The second and third drag themselves towards Phaeris, and the one that had been nearest is able to take a wide swing at the woman with its rusted axe and swinging short due to the hindrance of the strands of fire. The other however just manages to drag itself up to the bench giving Phaeris a clean shot at it's skull. The last two skeletons quickly move in after their allies with one taking a clean, and rather focused attack at Keothi's back, and missing widely, having stumbled a bit through a still pile of bones ,while the other moves to attack Leonard it's weapon clanging harmlessly against the wizard's field of force.

The hall seemed the best place for Jemma to keep an "eye" on everyone so she's in the invisible F4
Damage: S1, 2, 3: 4 S4, 5: 0
Moves: S1 doesn't move, S2 to B2, S3 double move to A2, S4 to C2, and S5 to D4
S1 Attack and damage: [roll0] [roll1] vs Ly'el
S2 Attack and damage: [roll2] [roll3] vs Phaeris
S4 Attack and damage: [roll4] [roll5] vs Keothi
S5 Attack and damage: [roll6] [roll7] vs Lenoard

Phaeris may get an AOO vs S3 with +1 for higher ground if she chooses to take it.

Ly'el Burning Hands: [roll8]

Reflex Saves S1, 4, 5: [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

Current Map (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yctJH8g8ttRwYaDTpLnGenvTojaNWeGw9H1zVaIo5gA/edit?usp=sharing)

esorscher
2014-01-07, 09:00 PM
Jemma casts Defensive Precognition on herself. (After Leonard's action)

PP 30/35

Active Buffs:
Offensive Precog (+1 insight to attack, 8 min)
Defensive Precog (+1 insight to AC, 8 min)

Kymme
2014-01-07, 09:07 PM
Phaeris grins a dragonfire smile as she ducks the skeleton's swing. Then her eyes rotate down to the second skeleton and she twirls her morningstar in her hand. She swings the barbed bludgeon down on the creature's head.

HP: 56/56

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-01-08, 03:07 AM
Leonard

The skeleton misses. Good. The wizard calls upon his elemental reserves to conjure a burst of flames in the middle of the group of skeletons. His wide grin betrays he enjoys it...the thrill of combat, conjuring fire, or both.

Placing a Fiery burst (reserve feat) between S2 and S4: [roll0] fire damage for both skeletons, reflex DC17 for half.

BelGareth
2014-01-10, 01:58 PM
Keothi hefts his mighty hammer and turns to the nearest skeleton, he brings it up over his head and brings it crashing down upon the evil creation before him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Possible cleave into adjacent skelly
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zombulian
2014-01-11, 04:23 PM
Wow okay sorry I'm really stupid. Was waiting for Lyel to go cuz I forgot it was a DMPC.

I think Dandish will hold off from attacking for now. Not really and useful spells for use atm and Bite of the Werewolf has worn off by now no?

Zombulian
2014-01-12, 02:35 PM
Ugh. This is going to taste awful.
Dandish is going to move over to the Skeleton that tried to hit Leonard.
To hit[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Zombulian
2014-01-12, 03:05 PM
oops mistyped my to-hit bonus. That'd be a 13.

GranAures
2014-01-13, 05:53 PM
As Phaeris takes the opening presented to her, the hindered skeleton finishes climbing up in the time of her flourish and blocks the blow with its shield. Dandish's and Keothi's luck isn't much better, as Dandsih receives a nice taste of the skeleton's dusty shield instead of the aged bones, and Keothi, almost certain he should have hit has his weapon parried away by the creature's rusted axe.

The skeletons clatter as the blows against them fail, only moments before the blast of flame conjured by Leonard sears two of the skeletons near Keothi. Jemma still remaining in the back keeps her defenses up as the way into the side hall opens from a fallen combatant as Phaeris' flames continue to burn into their victems.

Skeleton Damage:
S1: 4+[roll0](9)
S2: 4+[roll1] Save: [roll2](18)
S3: 4+[roll3](10)
S4: 0 Save: [roll4](4)
S5: 0

Phaeris up
Map Update (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yctJH8g8ttRwYaDTpLnGenvTojaNWeGw9H1zVaIo5gA/edit)

Kymme
2014-01-13, 07:11 PM
Phaeris narrows her eyes, pointing her morningstar at the advancing skeleton and pulling a trigger hidden within it's cross guard. The trigger clicks with a hollow sound, and nothing happens.

"Damnit!" Phaeris roars, hefting her weapon once more.

Using the wand of magic missile.

Use Magic Device (DC 20) [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

esorscher
2014-01-13, 07:29 PM
Jemma steps around Ly'el to flank the skeleton with Dandish, drawing her polished redwood quarterstaff as he does so. She says nothing, but strikes the skeleton with her well-made staff.

Move to D3, attack: Quarterstaff [roll0], [roll1]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-01-14, 02:41 AM
Leonard

The situation does not look good. Time to pull out some bigger guns. "Don't let them flank you, and try to spread them out!" After warning his new friends, Leonard starts working his favoured style of magic. He makes an effort to not let the skeleton opposing him distract him as he conjures two rays of scorching fire. However, his efforts are in vain: He pays too much attention to the skeleton and loses control of the spell.

Concentration check casting defensively DC17: [roll0]

EDIT: Urgh, thats a fail...lost the spell.

Casting Scorching ray at CL7.

Ray 1 at S5: [roll1] ranged touch for [roll2] fire damage, no save.
Ray 1 at S2: [roll3] ranged touch for [roll4] fire damage, no save.

GranAures
2014-01-15, 10:23 PM
As Phaeris tries to will her wand to work she can feel the item's power almost lock up, barring its use for the day.

Meanwhile, with no will to do otherwise, the groups skeleton aggressors maintain their attack. One, literally dragging itself against the bonds of flame, moves down closer to Leonard to assist the one already attacking the wizard, while of the remaining three two attack at Keothi and the last swings at Phaeris from atop the same bench. Each of them find some of the blows manage to get past their defenses, with Leonard taking a far more grievous wound than the other two, who take minor scratches in comparison. The second attacks against Keothi and Leonard meet interference from the successful blows landed before them, and are knocked away by their allies drawing back their own blades.

Ly'el's condition seems to be getting worse from the time. Though the fact shows the skeletons haven't been ordered to make sure the job was finished

10 damage to Leonard
4 to Keothi
3 to Phaeris

Ly'el's stabilization failed (-2 HP)

Dandish then Keothi with Leonard's action in reserve.
Jemma probably needs to replot hers.
Current Map (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yctJH8g8ttRwYaDTpLnGenvTojaNWeGw9H1zVaIo5gA/edit)

Zombulian
2014-01-16, 12:03 AM
Dandish sputters as the dust fills his nostrils and his snout feels slightly sore from the rude interdiction. Knowing the time left to take use from his aspected form is running low, he bites once more.

[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Autopsibiofeeder
2014-01-16, 02:25 AM
Leonard

Things are taking a turn for the worse. Leonard curses when the skeleton manages to deal him a heavy blow. The wizard steps back and produces force missiles, knowing that this most basic form of magic is very reliable, more so than the fire missiles he just managed to misconjure.

5 ft step back to F5 and casting Magic missile at S5.

No attack roll, no save: [roll0] damage for S5

esorscher
2014-01-27, 06:23 PM
Jemma charges and attacks the skeleton in C2, flanking with Keothi.

Active Powers: Offensive Precog, Defensive Precog

Charge +2, Flanking +2

Attack: [roll0], [roll1]