PDA

View Full Version : Padadin soon to be Grey Guard

Cornyorange
2013-11-25, 03:17 AM
Guys guys, So I am currently doin a 3.5 campaign, where I play a Paladin, I just reached and exceeded the XP requirements for level 8. Im currently sitting at 29500 XP, I want to start prestege classing into Grey Guard, looks awesome and will really fit my campaign. I am wondering, how does the leveling system work going into a prestige class?

Raezeman
2013-11-25, 04:47 AM
well, basically, you just add all the stuff from your prestige class to your character. So, first: have you met all the requirements for the grey guard?
If you have, you take the first level grey guard and are now paladin 7/ Grey Guard 1.

So for bab and saves, just add that of a 7th level paladin with a 1st level grey guard.
bab: 7 (paladin) + 1 (grey guard) = 8
fortitude save: 5 (paladin) + 2 (grey guard) = 7

For spellscasting, at first level grey guard, you don't get a boost, meaning you cast spells as if you are a 7th level paladin. At second level grey guard, it states '+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class', so if when you reach enough exp for character level 9 you take another grey guard level, then you are paladin 7/ grey guard 9 and you cast spells as if you were a 8th level paladin (for spells known, spell per day, caster level,...)

that what you wanted to know?

The Trickster
2013-11-25, 10:42 AM
Guys guys, So I am currently doin a 3.5 campaign, where I play a Paladin, I just reached and exceeded the XP requirements for level 8. Im currently sitting at 29500 XP, I want to start prestege classing into Grey Guard, looks awesome and will really fit my campaign. I am wondering, how does the leveling system work going into a prestige class?

It shouldn't be any different then what you have been doing. After level 8; once you get to 36,000+ exp, you can advance to level 9. You can choose to put a level into Grey Guard, another level into paladin, or even level up in a different class all together.

You would only get the abilities, base attack bonus, skill points, etc for the class you chose. You do not add anything new from the paladin, although you still keep all of the abilities you had.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the Grey Guard. It is a personal favorite of mine. :smallsmile:

Cornyorange
2013-11-25, 03:05 PM
Awesome guys! Thanks for the clarification!