PDA

View Full Version : Being/Being considered Tiny options.

Bellberith
2013-11-25, 09:59 AM
Basically i am a small whisper gnome rogue with the giant-bane feat.

I am looking for a way to make myself tiny (but an at-will type thing.... don't want to be tiny forever) So i can use that feat against creatures medium size and up.

Something that can make me be considered tiny for all purposes would work to.

(was thinking some sort of reduce person at will but can't find one.)

Learuis
2013-11-25, 11:03 AM
Does it have to be a feat/ability? You could get a wand of reduce person. It's only a level 1 spell. I think it would work as a potion too. Definitely a scroll.

Although, the issue with being Tiny is that you don't threaten squares in melee, and you have 0 reach, which means you have to stand in the same square to melee.

Fouredged Sword
2013-11-25, 11:35 AM
I would alter self into a kobold. They have a reverse powerful build due to the web extension that redid the race. They are small, with small reach and space, but act as tiny whenever it is beneficial.

Joe the Rat
2013-11-25, 11:51 AM
A Gnome turning himself into a Kobold. Right. It better be a really good joke.

Is the Web Extension considered optional, or is that assumed to be the way it should have been written the first time?

Fouredged Sword
2013-11-25, 12:21 PM
Kobolds hate gnomes more than gnome hate kobolds. A gnome may think turning into a kobold to be a funny snub of the little guys.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-25, 12:29 PM
How comfortable is your DM with custom magic items? Because an at-will one for reduce person would meet your needs. Alternatively, just get a wand and UMD the heck out of it. It's cheap too!

Maginomicon
2013-11-25, 12:29 PM
Dunno if you're committed to your build, but you could play as a Jermlaine, which is an LA+0 tiny race (and then enlarge yourself most of the time instead of playing a larger race and shrinking yourself some of the time).

Aerlock
2013-11-25, 01:41 PM
What you're looking for is the Ring of Reduction from Lords of Madness. I forget what page (I think 150 but not positive) but it's in the section with the worm creatures.

- Aerlock

Deophaun
2013-11-25, 01:54 PM
I would alter self into a kobold. They have a reverse powerful build due to the web extension that redid the race. They are small, with small reach and space, but act as tiny whenever it is beneficial.
Doesn't work. Slight build only gives you size modifiers as tiny if beneficial (along with the ability to be treated as tiny for the purpose of squeezing and ability to use weapons one size smaller without penalty). It would not help with the Giantbane feat, because it neither changes your size or gives you additional size modifiers.