PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Advice needed for gunsiling/inquisitor

Chelios
2013-11-25, 11:14 AM
Any advice for my new PC? I must be the face, and the skillmonkey. I pick gunslinger and inquisitor for the flavour.
Any advice?

Race: Human
Traits: Reactionary, Well Informed

C/G

STR 14
DEX 17 + 2 race + 1 4° lv
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 10

Gunslinger Musket Master 5 Inquisitor 1

Feats:

Lv 1 Rapid Reload( bonus), Point Blanck Shot, Precise Shot
Lv 3 Gunsmithing
Lv 4 Deadly Aim
Lv 5 Quick Draw

Mythic Tier 1 Champion
Champion: Fleet Charge, Impossible Speed.
Feat: Rapid Shot

Inquisition: Converse.

Skill:
Knowledge (arcana) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int + 3 wis
Knowledge (dungeoneering) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int + 3 wis
Knowledge (nature) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int + 3 wis
Knowledge (planes) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int + 3 wis
Knowledge (religion) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int + 3 wis
Knowledge (local) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int + 3 wis + 1 bonus
Craft (firearms) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int
Craft (alchemy) 3 + 1 rank + 2 int
Stealth 3 + 6 rank + 5 dex
Bluff 3 + 6 rank + 3 wis
Intimidate 3 + 5 rank + 3 wis +1 bonus
Perception 3 + 6 rank + 3 wis
Sense Motive 3 + 4 rank + 3 wis +1 bonus
Survival 3 + 6 rank + 3 wis
SpellCraft 3 + 1 rank + 2 int
Climb 3 + 1 rank + 2 str
Sleight of Hand 3 + 1 rank + 5 dex
Acrobatics 3 + 1 rank + 5 dex

grarrrg
2013-11-25, 11:41 AM
Any advice for my new PC? I must be the face, and the skillmonkey. I pick gunslinger and inquisitor for the flavour.

All looks good, the only thing I see 'missing' is Infiltrator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/archetypes/paizo---inquisitor-archetypes/infiltrator) archetype for Inquisitor. It lets you add your WIS to Bluff and Diplomacy again.

Chelios
2013-11-25, 11:44 AM
All looks good, the only thing I see 'missing' is Infiltrator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/inquisitor/archetypes/paizo---inquisitor-archetypes/infiltrator) archetype for Inquisitor. It lets you add your WIS to Bluff and Diplomacy again.

Not bad, but i lost monster lore, and in the group we are a synthetist( he hasn t bluff, diplomancy and intimidate as class skill), a monk, and a paladin( int 10 he has only diplomacy and sense motive but with 14 cha), so i must be also the "knowledge" guy.

Spore
2013-11-25, 11:47 AM
Your skill set seems a bit spread thin. You might want to ask yourself if you want to make use of Spellcraft (easy DCs are 15+) or Sleight of Hand. Survival can be left at 3 ranks as well as your craft skills, this way you can asign those points to improve your strong points. Knowledge Arcana/Religion/Natur and Planes is enough for most monsters. You dip for 1 point in Dungeoneering and Local for oozes and humanoids but everything other should be at least half ranks (aka 3). The basic DCs start at 10 + CR, so to get a standard 1 monster encounter you need a 17 to know something about it.

You might want to switch Cha and Str for more "face" than brute force. You don't really need Quick Draw, and don't you get Gunsmith from the class itself?

Other than that the build looks fine (I presume the Inquisitor dip is only for 2 levels at maximum because after that it quickly starts to eat into your class features, grit progression and BAB).

Chelios
2013-11-25, 11:56 AM
Your skill set seems a bit spread thin. You might want to ask yourself if you want to make use of Spellcraft (easy DCs are 15+) or Sleight of Hand. Survival can be left at 3 ranks as well as your craft skills, this way you can asign those points to improve your strong points.

Maybe i can put 1 rank of spellcraft in sleight of hand, and the 3 rank of survival i can punt 2 in acrobatics and 1 in sleight of hand

You might want to switch Cha and Str for more "face" than brute force. You don't really need Quick Draw, and don't you get Gunsmith from the class itself?

Mmm, at the start i want a better cha then str, but then i decided for str for the load.

Other than that the build looks fine (I presume the Inquisitor dip is only for 2 levels at maximum because after that it quickly starts to eat into your class features, grit progression and BAB).

I hevent decide yet, becaus i dont know if i want the bane ability or the grit.

grarrrg
2013-11-25, 09:28 PM
Not bad, but i lost monster lore, and in the group we are a synthetist( he hasn t bluff, diplomancy and intimidate as class skill), a monk, and a paladin( int 10 he has only diplomacy and sense motive but with 14 cha), so i must be also the "knowledge" guy.

The Monster Lore ability only works "when making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures."
So depending on just what "knowledge guy" entails, Monster Lore may not be that helpful.

Gunslinger is quite front loaded, so 5 levels is a solid stopping point on it's own.
Dropping from Full to 3/4 Bab doesn't hurt as much due to Firearms targeting Touch AC.
The main reason to stay in Gunslinger longer is for level 11 when you qualify for the Signature Deed (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/signature-deed-grit) feat.
Inquisitor should be perfectly fine, and the +2 Skills/level will help with the Skill Monkey role.

Chelios
2013-11-26, 01:21 AM
The Monster Lore ability only works "when making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures."
So depending on just what "knowledge guy" entails, Monster Lore may not be that helpful .
But the infiltrator and thw converse inquisistion stack? Do they double my bonus wis for diplomacy and bluff?

Gunslinger is quite front loaded, so 5 levels is a solid stopping point on it's own.
Dropping from Full to 3/4 Bab doesn't hurt as much due to Firearms targeting Touch AC.
The main reason to stay in Gunslinger longer is for level 11 when you qualify for the Signature Deed (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/signature-deed-grit) feat.
Inquisitor should be perfectly fine, and the +2 Skills/level will help with the Skill Monkey role.

I think i ll go for gunslinger 5 inquisitor 15.

grarrrg
2013-11-26, 01:45 AM
But the infiltrator and thw converse inquisistion stack? Do they double my bonus wis for diplomacy and bluff?

Yes, they stack.
Conversion Inquisition _replaces_ CHA with WIS.
Infiltrator _adds_ WIS.

Chelios
2013-11-26, 03:57 AM
Yes, they stack.
Conversion Inquisition _replaces_ CHA with WIS.
Infiltrator _adds_ WIS.

What about putting 14 in cha and 10 in str and picking heldritch heritage(arcana) in stand of quick draw? Now i can chamge my inquisition in the tactics one.

grarrrg
2013-11-26, 10:36 AM
What about putting 14 in cha and 10 in str and picking heldritch heritage(arcana) in stand of quick draw? Now i can chamge my inquisition in the tactics one.

Not sure which Bloodline you're thinking of, none that I remember would really help.
Keep in mind, that Eldritch Heritage feat also requires having a Skill Focus feat, so it's at least 2 feats.

Chelios
2013-11-26, 11:00 AM
Not sure which Bloodline you're thinking of, none that I remember would really help.
Keep in mind, that Eldritch Heritage feat also requires having a Skill Focus feat, so it's at least 2 feats.

i'm thinking about the arcana one for the familiar, but its better weapon focus( musket/rifle)