PDA

View Full Version : Questions on outfiting a char,

caddmus
2013-11-25, 01:34 PM
Hello,

So, I had a few questions,
I have a char that just made it to level 8, this is new for me, so I'm not sure the best ways to outfit it gear wise,
we are still in a dungeon so can't go to town yet, but best to get ideas ahead of time,

Char is a Human Gunslinger, Musket Master (7) urban barb (1)
do to our group dynamic, he has become the skill monkey as well, and he's good at lying to people, (descent bluff,) also picks locks, (no rogue or pure casters)

gear wise that's magic, I bought a while ago, mule back cords, and my musket is +1, and a way finder and a endless bandolier,any-tool, as loot he's picked up a mirthral shirt,+1 longsword, goggles of night,bag of holding 2,

But I've never gotten a char to this level and the GM already warned us the fights will get much harder,

So, I belvie I should get a item that ups wis so i can get more grit points, as I'm getting some nice deeds now, maybe some gloves of recon to see through doors and such, that i can touch,

But I was looking for some advise as I lack the depth of experience,

Spore
2013-11-25, 03:00 PM
Must-Haves imho:
Wis-Headband +2
Dex-Belt +2
Cloak of Resistance (minimum +2)
+1 Armor

Sidegrades:
Vest of Escape
Boots of Elvenkind
Ring of Sustenance
+1 Mithril Buckler (you lose AC bonus when you use the offhand for attacking, let's say, shooting or reloading)

subject42
2013-11-25, 03:18 PM
I'd suggest something sensible and rugged, but possessing a certain timeless style.

You'll want warm materials that also breathe, and can allow your character to function comfortably in a wide range of environments. Layering is critical.

I'd suggest a lightweight under-layer made of a wicking fabric like Merino wool, followed by an insulating layer over that. Top it all off with a lightweight windproof and water-resistant layer made of oilskin or lightweight leather. Earth tones will show a certain understated savoir faire while hiding dirt and monster blood.

Stirling example of the well-dressed adventurer's outfit. (http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/shannonvigil/default/hugh-jackman-van-helsing--large-msg-131844399444.jpg)

With respect to your lower parts, mobility is key. I'd suggest loose-fitting dark trousers with a tightly-cinched waist and high, yet supple boots.

caddmus
2013-11-25, 03:21 PM
I'd suggest something sensible and rugged, but possessing a certain timeless style.

You'll want warm materials that also breathe, and can allow your character to function comfortably in a wide range of environments. Layering is critical.

I'd suggest a lightweight under-layer made of a wicking fabric like Merino wool, followed by an insulating layer over that. Top it all off with a lightweight windproof and water-resistant layer made of oilskin or lightweight leather. Earth tones will

Stirling example of the well-dressed adventurer's outfit. (http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/shannonvigil/default/hugh-jackman-van-helsing--large-msg-131844399444.jpg)

With respect to your lower parts, mobility is key. I'd suggest loose-fitting dark trousers with a tightly-cinched waist and high, yet supple boots.

This guy,
right here,
this guy gets an internet point. :smallsmile: