PDA

View Full Version : Lv7 Paladin Spellcasting

Cornyorange
2013-11-26, 03:51 AM
Being a level 7 paladin I have 1 lv1 Spell per day, But I have a +3 wisdom modifier, which gives 1 additional level 1, 2, and 3 spell.

Can I use the level 2/3 spells or do I have to wait until my paladin level lets me?

Stux
2013-11-26, 03:55 AM
You only get bonus spells per day of spell levels you can cast, so you can't use those castings even for lower level spells.

When you get to level 8 you will have access to your level 2 spells thanks to your wisdom modifier though. That is the purpose of the '0' rather than a '-' on your spells per day table - it indicates that you can use that spell level if you have a high enough modifier to get bonus spells of that level.

Cornyorange
2013-11-26, 03:59 AM
ok cool. But since I am leveling up into grey guard. I would have to wait till I'm a second level grey guard to cast Lv2 spells, correct?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-11-26, 04:00 AM
The paladin's spellcasting is best served by buying wands. They're priced such that a spell will usually be available to a paladin as a wand before he can cast it, often well before. Look at the list and pick up a few good wands when you can afford them.

Edit: yes, you'll have to wait until grey guard 2 for that second level bonus spell to kick in.

Stux
2013-11-26, 04:02 AM
ok cool. But since I am leveling up into grey guard. I would have to wait till I'm a second level grey guard to cast Lv2 spells, correct?

Assuming you are going straight in to Gray Guard next level, yes you will have to wait an extra level for level 2 spells.

Cornyorange
2013-11-26, 04:15 AM
I am going straight into Grey Guard instead of level 8 paladin,

Thanks for the answers guys!

Crake
2013-11-26, 04:16 AM
The paladin's spellcasting is best served by buying wands. They're priced such that a spell will usually be available to a paladin as a wand before he can cast it, often well before. Look at the list and pick up a few good wands when you can afford them.

Edit: yes, you'll have to wait until grey guard 2 for that second level bonus spell to kick in.

Also, a there are a few choice wands that are sweet if made by a paladin, off the top of my head, a 1500gp wand of lesser restoration.

Gwendol
2013-11-26, 04:19 AM
Bless weapon, Rhino's rush are staple choices for wands, as are lesser restoration and cure wounds.