PDA

View Full Version : PF secret wizard societies

Exirtadorri
2013-11-26, 09:06 AM
I am about to play a LG Dwarf Conjurer (creation not summoning) and want to be apart of a secret society. Does anyone have any info on current groups or factions that I might be able to join? IF there aren't any, do any of you have any homebrew ones you have joined in a previous game?

BWR
2013-11-26, 09:14 AM
What setting?

Exirtadorri
2013-11-26, 09:33 AM
Just in general. I'd take any setting as long as I get enough info to run it

BWR
2013-11-26, 09:59 AM
How secret? Hidden cabals that no one has heard of or just secretive people who don't like being disturbed? How much information do you need? Just a brief explanation, half a page of stuff or as much as possible?

Anyway, some secret societies.

The Twisted Rune (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Twisted_Rune)

The Seven Secret Crafts, members of the Great School of Magic in Glantri (see "The Principalities of Glantri") - masters at the GSM, they specialize in certain aspects of magic and have abilities above and beyond a normal magic-user. Back in the day, this was the equivalent of a prestige class before such things existed.

Students of the Radience (also from Glantri) - dedicated to the mysterious energy source known as the Radience, the students lead by Etienne D'Ambreville plumb the depths of this ancient and seemingly alien power. Despite gaining great insights and power there are reasons to believe the Radience has an adverse effect on traditional magic. (The Radience and its researchers play a central role in the setting-shaking adventure Wrath of the Immortals)

(I don't want to add too much description for fear of violating copyright, but the Principalities of Glantri is pretty much the go-to book for anything regarding magocracy and secret societies and politics and backstabbing in such a society).

Exirtadorri
2013-11-26, 10:27 AM
Wow! Thank you! I'll give that a look over. I remember hearing about that way back in 2nd DnD. I want a society similar to the Illuminati. Like...people know they exist but they never admit it or who they are.

The big thing about my character is going to be a master of Spellcraft and Knowledge Planes. He wants to know all things that deal with the Planes. From Movers and shakers to truenames and even ways to make them friendly, perhaps marry an Angel or something. Just...it's hard to explain. Just a dwarf who is friendly and helpful, but KNOWS SOME ****.

Know what I mean?