PDA

View Full Version : The one melee cleric of most evilness of goodness

Melcar
2013-11-26, 12:35 PM
Hellow fellow scribes of this most epic community...

I am trying to help a friend of mine build a powerful melee cleric of Helm. He wishes to use his spells for self-buff and possible some damage increase. Any PrC are also welcome.

He will play human, of good alignment. Also any class combination will be welcome, as long as its core/official material.

Thanks in advance!

Gwendol
2013-11-26, 02:41 PM
What level of play are you going for?

General advice for a melee cleric aren't that complicated: you want to pick up DMM:Persist along the way to avoid a long start up phase before combat. You probably want to enter Ordained Champion, and take all five levels. You will need to refluff it as a champion of helm, naturally.

However, you don't need any of that. Cleric 20 is fine. For Helm you get the Planning Domain, which is a strong choice, and then you'll have to pick between the Protection and Strength domains. Protection might edge ahead, but they are not bad either one.

Max Caysey
2013-11-26, 02:43 PM
Go 1 cleric, get war and protection domain, then go 2 paladin then go 4 figther then go cleric again as far as you want.

Fouredged Sword
2013-11-26, 03:04 PM
Well, get the planing domain, and get persist spell and devine metamagic persist. It lets you spend 7 turn undead attempts to make a personal (and a few other ranges) spells last all day. Divine power seems a good choice.

Gwendol
2013-11-26, 03:08 PM
Go 1 cleric, get war and protection domain, then go 2 paladin then go 4 figther then go cleric again as far as you want.

Helm doesn't have the war domain, AFAIK. Planning and protection are not bad choices although Strength is nice early on what with Enlarge Person being a nice to have option.

EDIT: If you can swing OC by the DM, you will get the War domain though, in which case you'll be proficient with the bastard sword and get weapon focus, for "free".

Max Caysey
2013-11-26, 04:28 PM
Helm doesn't have the war domain, AFAIK. Planning and protection are not bad choices although Strength is nice early on what with Enlarge Person being a nice to have option.

EDIT: If you can swing OC by the DM, you will get the War domain though, in which case you'll be proficient with the bastard sword and get weapon focus, for "free".

A strange thing is that OC requires one to have weapon focus in diety weapon, and then you get war domain, which gives you weapon focus in dieties weapon... anoying much, Weapon focus feat right out the window.

Oh and, yes my bad. Helm doen indeen not have war domain. That was my bad!

Gwendol
2013-11-26, 05:20 PM
Yeah, better to have the war domain before going OC, or you end up with a horrendous feat tax.

Menzath
2013-11-26, 05:37 PM
Full cleric is the way to go.
These help-
http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-champion--57/holy-warrior--1405/
http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-warrior--61/divine-might--661/
Also persisting spells is the way to go.

Melcar
2013-11-27, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the advise... We will be looking into the "problem" soon... :smallsmile: