PDA

View Full Version : Undead Immunities

Bellberith
2013-11-26, 01:21 PM
Is there a way to gain undead immunities or most if not all of what undead are immune to without actually being undead?

As a side-note. How do you all feel about undead like necropolitans in campaigns? OP or not?

Deaxsa
2013-11-26, 01:34 PM
Favor of the Martyr/Ilmater and... idk, Heavy Fort Armor with whatever that negative energy immunity enchant is called (deathwatch? something like that? actually, that reminds me... there is a list of enchantments that are really useful and where to get them for cheap.. such as flight, mind-blank, immunity to negative energy, etc.. can anyone link me?)

but even then you have to worry about food, drink,(ring of sustenance?) air, poison, disease (unless you got Favor by being a paladin). oh, and aging.

Venger
2013-11-26, 01:38 PM
Is there a way to gain undead immunities or most if not all of what undead are immune to without actually being undead?

As a side-note. How do you all feel about undead like necropolitans in campaigns? OP or not?

aside from the necropolitan template, stygian veil gives them, as does veil of undeath. a talisman of undying fortitude will give immunities for a 3 rounds 2/ day and is very reasonably priced.

necropolitan actually does give the undead type.

as far as power goes, it's fine. it's balanced by the considerable loss of HP it incurs, especially at low levels. one also can't actually use it till ECL 3, so that helps as well

Favor of the Martyr/Ilmater and... idk, Heavy Fort Armor with whatever that negative energy immunity enchant is called (deathwatch? something like that? actually, that reminds me... there is a list of enchantments that are really useful and where to get them for cheap.. such as flight, mind-blank, immunity to negative energy, etc.. can anyone link me?)

but even then you have to worry about food, drink,(ring of sustenance?) air, poison, disease (unless you got Favor by being a paladin). oh, and aging.

list is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851)

soulfire is what gives immunity to death spells, effects, energy drain, and negative energy. at a +4 bonus, it's expensive but worth every penny if you're not undead for whatever reason.

heavy fort is sort of a poor deal for how expensive it is. bone knight's a good way of picking up most undead immunities while keeping your con score, including crit immunity