PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XXXV



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 12:11 PM
Valathe doesn't seem to notice Amyobi or her probing and memory modifying.

((Ooo... you're going to find out about Dathan!))

After Valathe managed to get over Einkil's death, she obtained a boyfriend- Dathan, the halfling son of the mayor. She loved him very much and committed acts with him that are not to be spoken of on a PG-13 board. One day she found him in bed with her sister and set them both on fire in her subsequent rage. She then fled the town.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:22 PM
avatar-Myobi groans

That would count as "acts in need of atonement", dear. I think you've suffered enough for that... Remorse is one thing, this is ridiculous. Mind, you'll still have to suffer 500 XP penalty...

aMyobi casts an Atonement on Valathe, removing her guilt for that event. The memories remain to remind her of her failings, of course, but their sting is taken away.

Krystal snuggles up to Exachix while she watches
[hr]
( Hospital )

The healers, not being full priests, wait for Mitsuya to call on Myobu.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 12:25 PM
[Hospital]
Mitsuya smiles calls upon Myobi instead of Myobu.

[Sanc.]
Exachix smiles to Krystal and kisses her as he watches aMyobi at work.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 12:27 PM
Valathe blinks as she atones. Her mind stirs slightly, but stays stubbornly damaged.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 12:33 PM
A humanoid toad (small size) enters the sanctuary, looking around.

I'm looking for a Musandré turned into a fox, My last scrying attempt showed her here. Have any of you seen her.

He asks nobody in particular.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 12:34 PM
Exachix sighs.

"She was here, but now she's a mouse, I think she'll be at the Martial Art's guild place."

((Going for food. You can NPC Mitsuya, and/or Exachix. etc etc. May be back at 9:30, or sometime before then, who knows.))

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 12:38 PM
Thank you, Golnimala will reward you.

The frog leaves the temple again.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 12:39 PM
Ilias remembers that he's still here and fades away

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:46 PM
( Hospital )

Myobi's irritated voice echoes out

I'm busy.

A shimmering of blue light appears, and a snow-white fox with deep green eyes pads through.

What seems to be the problem?
[hr]
( Sanctuary )

avatar-Myobi sighs and looks less far back in time for anything else that is contributing.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 12:59 PM
((Alas, look upon the numerous woes of Valathe, and dispair!))

After traveling for some months, Valathe met Abila, a half-elven psychic warrior. Since Abila was also a wanderer, she and Valathe quickly became friends, and they traveled for a while until they were attacked by some gnolls. One of the gnolls was a wizard, and he Dominated Abila to force her to fight Valathe. Valathe tried to only attack the gnolls, but Abila kept attacking her and taking hits instead of the gnolls. Valathe eventually accidentally ended up killing her.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 01:01 PM
Mitsuya gestures to Daerbain. "Him."
"I'll kill him...I won't let him stay..."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 01:10 PM
avatar-Myobi sighs

Oh, Valathe... that wasn't even your fault. Don't feel guilty about that...

Another atonement, this time not costing 500 XP, wipes away the guilt.

You poor thing... what else is lurking in there?

The avatar continues to look back.
[hr]
( Hospital )

Myobu pads ofer to Darebain, and extends a comforting aura all around him.

Calm, calm... There is no pain, there is no fear. You are safe.

Tell me what it is that is troubling you so.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 01:15 PM
Aside from general neglect from her family, the only source of trauma left is Einkil's suicide. Valathe's mind stirs as the weight of Abila's death is lifted from it, gingerly beginning to function almost properly.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 01:24 PM
Daerbain slowly calms, breathing more easily now. "Daerbain...his madness is destroying my mind...I...can't let him take control...of me..."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:03 PM
avatar-Myobi sighs

Valathe... you bear no responsibility for Einkil's decision. Everyone tried to talk him out of it, and he would not be swayed. We are your friends here, Valathe. Please come back to us.
[hr]
( Hospital )

Myobu looks concerned

Who is Darebain and why is he mad?

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 02:08 PM
Sweat begins to form on Daerbain's brow. "Daerbain is a tortured soul...he's been trapped in my mind for a decade...or...I've been trapped in his...I've been watching my life as a spectator...he's been using my body for mad acts of torture and death..."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:11 PM
( Hospital )

Myobu nods.

I see. Well, we have separated people in conditions like this before.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 02:11 PM
A single tear slips out of Valathe's eye and into her lap. She looks up and blinks several times, her mind allowing her to live once again. She notices avatar-Myobi. "Thank you..." she whispers hoarsely.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:15 PM
( Sanctuary )

avatar-Myobi nuzzles Valathe

It is my pleasure, my child.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 02:17 PM
"It's not...that...simple...he was connected to my mind...so that if he should ever be...removed...I would be killed...techinically, I and he are...the same...person..."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:19 PM
( Hospital )

Myobu tilts his head

Rather more than killed: you would be completely destroyed, then I grant you both independent Gifts of Life... It is generally the only way. Is that a problem?

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 02:21 PM
((It's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Town-style!))

Valathe smiles weakly, then seems to notice something odd. "...Anarchic energy?"

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:24 PM
( Sanctuary )

Yeah... rather weird, all things considered. I've never dealt with such a thing, so you might go ask Hoseki about it over at Trog's.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 02:25 PM
Daerbain raises an eyebrow slightly and winces at the effort. "I'm sorry...beg...pardon?"

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 02:27 PM
"Hoseki? Kantur's ex-girlfriend?" she asks, slightly confused.

((I don't think she's ever actually met Hoseki, so...))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:28 PM
( Hospital )

Myobu nods

Destruction. Like the spell. Separates you into elementary particles, which I gather and sort out into two beings, then create new bodies for.
[hr]
( Sanctuary )

Yes, that's right. She's an interdimensional traveller. Fascinating girl, really. Tends to be a bit on the quiet side, but Krystal gets along well with her brother. Take Krystal along to break the ice: she needs to get out a bit, anyway.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 02:34 PM
Daerbain grimaces at the idea. "I see...though...if Daerbain had his own body...he would do...or be able to do...devastating things..."

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 02:35 PM
((Anyone can get along well with Gatamu. They just have to let him eat them, that's all.))

Valathe stands. "All right."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:43 PM
(( Of course, but as you pointed out: Valathe doesn't know that. Krystal also got him to eat Fendran. ))

( Sanctuary )

The avatar nods, and disappears in a shimmering of blue light.

Krystal stands up with a smile and walks over to Valathe

Sounds like we're heading to Trog's...
[hr]
( Hospital )

Myobu shrugs

Would you rather deal with him inside, or outside? At least he won't take you with him this way.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 02:48 PM
Voxendi is sobbing in the corner of the sanctuary looking like he's close to a nervous breakdown.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 02:48 PM
Valathe nods and heads through the mirror.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 02:51 PM
Daerbain sighs. "...I'd say something...about...wanting to at least make sure...that he didn't harm any more innocents...but...you're right...how soon...can you seperate us...?"

Fenric
2007-01-14, 02:56 PM
( Sanctuary )

Krystal follows Valathe out.

Kazuki wanders over and sits by Voxendi

Hey there, little guy. What's the matter?
[hr]
( Hospital )

Myobu smiles

Whenever you're ready. Only takes two rounds.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-14, 02:57 PM
Drake runs into the Temple, a look of horror on his face. I need to speak to a priest! Please!

Deadly
2007-01-14, 02:58 PM
Sir Brown runs out from the room where he and the army of R.I.C.E have been rather silent for some time. He slows down a bit and looks around.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 03:00 PM
Myobi wakes up from an unplanned nap and looks around crossly.

Huh? What? Oh, sorry... "Greetings, Neighbor: the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today?"

Kazuki looks at Sir Brown

Something the matter, Sir Brown?

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 03:02 PM
Voxaldood has found out I've betrayed her, now I either have to go to a place to apologise, get minor punishment and be degraded or the family curse, as far as I'm concerned will worsen. Though there isn't any conclusive evidence for the stories I've heard about what happens in these cases and noboday really knows exactly what happens it's supposed to be pretty bad.


Voxendi starts crying.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 03:03 PM
No, I just needed to stretch my legs a bit. We've been busy healing our wounds and discussing what to do next.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 03:04 PM
Daerbain breathes for a few moments and whispers something under his breath. "Now."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-14, 03:07 PM
I need to consult with a priest. In private, please.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 03:15 PM
Myobi sighs.

Just a moment, please.

Myobi sends an aacolyte to fetch Ferdar. He arrives swiftly and bows to his mother.

Ferdar, could you please see what this gentleman wants.

Ferdar bows again and turns to Drake

If you would follow me, sir. I will show you to the Summoning Chamber, which is the only reasonably private facility that we have. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471&page=2)
[hr]
( Hospital )

Myobu nods and begins. First, a dreadful ray of utter blackness lances out from his nose and strikes Daerbain to destroy him utterly.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-14, 03:19 PM
Drake follows Ferdar to the Summoning Chamber.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 03:19 PM
Daerbain gasps and claws at his throat as he quickly disintegrates.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 03:20 PM
Voxendi keeps crying

Fenric
2007-01-14, 03:22 PM
( Sanctuary )

Kazuki pats Voxendi on the shoulder

Hey. You're not alone anymore... we'll think of something. Those guys did say anti-magic would work, and we know the most powerful anti-magic there is.

( Hospital )

Myobu then concentrates on the cloud of sparkling energy and particles that used to be Daerbain, sifting it into two. Two beams lance out from his eyes: one for each half, and two simultaneous Gift of Life powers are manifested.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 03:26 PM
And then what, being utterly useless for the rest of my life? I'm a spellcaster, remember. We don't function in antimagic areas.

Voxendi falls asleep, sobbing.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 03:26 PM
Brown sits down on a small stone, still looking around

Fenric
2007-01-14, 03:27 PM
Kazuki shakes his head

It gives us time, though. If we make a room where we know you are safe, then we can work on this without racing against time.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 03:28 PM
From one pile grows Daerbain; a hideous, tortured, humanoid who was probably once a human. From the other grows Dareln, who looks exactly like Daerbain did before Myobu disintegrated him. Daerbain shrieks angrily in protest and scrambles to his feet. Dareln opens his eyes, which are now devoid of pupils, and gasps.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 03:32 PM
( Hospital )

Myobu swiftly shifts to his hybrid form and rests his hands on his weapons

No trouble, you: or back to dust you go. I gave you that Gift of Life, and I can take it away again.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 03:37 PM
Daerbain opens a bloody mouth and laughs hysterically. "You would dare to threaten me? I am no longer tied to that-" He points a finger at Dareln with a grin. "-that mortal scum at your feet. I am Daerbain, pure and whole!" A blaze of black flame flares around his hands, he slowly begins to melt into the ground.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 03:47 PM
(( We're on the second floor ))

Myobu manifests Reality Revision and makes the floor solid and un-meltable-into.

I'm sorry. Did I forget to mention that you are in my temple, and therefore reality works the way I want it too?

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 03:51 PM
Daerbain laughs. "You didn't, in fact. Of course, that won't stop me from doing this." His hands blaze with incredible heat, black energy surrounding it. Then a beam of heat mixed with darkness is projected out of his hand towards Myobu.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 04:02 PM
An annoying whistling warns of the arrival of mIlias as he wanders up the path to the temple, seemingly in a good mood... as always these days. He looks around and grins Hello.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-14, 04:06 PM
Drake leaves the summoning chamber and leaves the Temple.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 04:09 PM
Myobu gets hit and burns away, only to promptly reappear.

That wasn't very nice. Why don't you take a little vacation?

Myobu manafists Lay Quest (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#layQuest) on Daerbain

Let's see... why don't you travel the Forgotten Realms until you have saved the life of three people.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 04:13 PM
Daerbain smiles; a hideous smile, but a smile nontheless. "Brilliant idea!" One of his fingers bursts into black flame, and he places it on his forehead. He then vanishes.
Dareln stumbles to his feet and puts a hand over his eyes. "I - gods, I can't see..."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 04:19 PM
mIlias walks into the sanctuary and looks around, grinning Hello?

Exachix
2007-01-14, 04:20 PM
Exachix wakes suddenly back up, and looks around.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 04:23 PM
( Sanctuary )

Kazuki looks up at mIlias with a groan

You again? Did you already get tired of setting things on fire at Trog's?

[hr]
( Hospital )

Myobu turns to Dareln

That's odd... you should have been whole

Myobu casts Cure Blindness

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 04:24 PM
Kukra is hidden in a storage room, inside a barrel of water.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 04:25 PM
(( The only available one is the third on the south side. I've had a lot of people want storage rooms lately ))

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 04:25 PM
Dareln's eyes do not change. He swears under his breath. "Father-"
((Gotta log off))

Deadly
2007-01-14, 04:26 PM
mIlias smiles madly No, not at all. I'm here to collect some rice, actually.

At that, Brown instantly dives behind the rock he was sitting on. mIlias doesn't appear to have noticed at all.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 04:27 PM
((And Is that one I cleaned out?))

Exachix smiles faintly to mIllias.

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 04:28 PM
A group of twenty soldiers in combat gear stop by at the temple.

Hello, we are looking for a criminal guilty of crimes against Aszarkia. His name is Kukra.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 04:30 PM
Exachix looks at the soldiers.

"Urm.. I hope you arn't here to attack. What's the matter?"

Fenric
2007-01-14, 04:33 PM
(( As a matter of fact, Exy, it is. ))

Kazuki blinks at mIlias

The rice is freely avalable to all who have need. Help yourself... Although please don't set it on fire in here. Burning rice stinks beyond all reason.

Myobi wakes up again and scowls at the soldiers

Noisy louts won't let a pregnant woman sleep. What do you want?

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 04:34 PM
Kukra is guilty of High Treason, and 11 counts of murder. We have reason to believe he is here.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 04:35 PM
Exachix smiles to Myobi.

"Myobi, If you want, go back to sleep, you'll hear is anything bad happens."

He turns to the soldiers.

"If he's here he's got sanctuary. No fighting here. Or we'll endlessly torment you with multi-flavoured snacks and hospital beds."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 04:35 PM
mIlias shakes his head Oh no, I'm looking for some very special rice... living rice, I'm told. Quite odd, but that's what I was told to get. he grins.

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 04:39 PM
If he is here, then I will charge you with Aiding a Criminal.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 04:41 PM
Exachix sighs and casts a suggestion quietly before replying.

"If he is here? What if he's not? Who says we will let you search the complex? Would it be too much trouble if I suggested you forget about him. It would be too much trouble to actually search this place."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 04:45 PM
Myobi mumbles about fishponds, dusty rooms, and replanting pine trees, but yawns and falls asleep again anyway.

Kazuki shakes his head at mIlias

Like everyone else, you have to wait until they choose to leave the temple. Don't Forget: Flame Quench!

Deadly
2007-01-14, 04:48 PM
mIlias frowns But... I was asked to find them and bring them back. I'm not going to burn them or anything, I promise... I'm sure I wouldn't get paid if I did... he looks around

Exachix
2007-01-14, 04:57 PM
Exachix sighs as the soldiers appear to fall asleep there and then, he writes a small note saying 'Sorry! He's got sanctuary, if you try you'll be dissapointed.'

He then sighs and heads off to bed.

((Goodnight all.))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 04:57 PM
Kazuki nods

You can wait just outside if you like. Anyone who comes for sanctuary is hallowed by the goddess... unless you'd like to pick up something Holy?

If they leave, they are not our concern any longer: we only grant sanctuary to creatures in... the sanctuary

Kazuki frowns at the very unsatisfying conclusion to his speech.

Myobi opens an eye

What did he do, again?

Deadly
2007-01-14, 04:59 PM
mIlias sighs How you stand living with such boredom is a wonder. But, they are here, then?

Fenric
2007-01-14, 05:30 PM
Kazuki sighs. He's willing to play foxy games, but not willing to lie outright.

Yes, they have sought sanctuary here.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 05:36 PM
mIlias nods Good. Then I don't need to search. he says and leaves.

Brown looks out from behind his stone and sighs

Fenric
2007-01-14, 05:57 PM
Kazuki looks at Sir Brown

I'm sorry... I can't lie outright.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 06:01 PM
He smiles and nods It's fine, I had just hoped it would take a little longer. We've been discussing a lot the past few days, and we need to go back. There were a lot who were left behind, that we couldn't free. We need to try and save those, and hopefully put an end to our mad creator. he sighs I have no idea how we'll do any of it, but we have to try.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:12 PM
Kazuki sighs

We will help all we can. I can only speak directly for the temple of shadows, but I pledge our support!

Deadly
2007-01-14, 06:18 PM
He bows slightly Thank you. I will have to talk it over a bit more with the rest. We need to have some plan.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:24 PM
Kazuki bows in return, and looks at Voxendri

It's the middle of the night where his player is from

He orders the acolytes

Take him to his quarters, already!

He looks at Sir Brown

Isn't your player in reasonably close to the same time as his?

(( Um... Kaz... I've been up until at least midnight the last two nights... ))

Deadly
2007-01-14, 06:28 PM
Brown nods He is. The same zone, if I'm not mistaken. But my player have a physics report to write and he can't really get himself to look at it. That's why he's still awake

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:33 PM
Kazuki nods and shrugs

Physics report... three-and-a-half year old... it's all good. Anyway, mIlias is waiting to get you if ever you leave.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 06:39 PM
He nods Well, we'll just have to not leave for now, then. And when we do, we'll be going to the plane of fire, I doubt that's where he's waiting.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 06:41 PM
The hin walks in from the entrance, closing the door behind her and glancing about, giving a soft hm as she drums her metalic fingers on her theigh, her normal arm resting on her boomerang.

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 06:41 PM
A one hundred man group of soldiers take positions outside of the temple.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 06:51 PM
Kazuki sighs at the garrison, but "outside the temple" is outside his jurisdiction, so he just deals with it. He looks at Kerrigan (though he doesn't know this)

Hello, ma'am. I am Kazuki, High Priest of the temple of shadows, filling in for my father, Fenric. How can we help you?

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 06:54 PM
The halfling gives Kazuki a soft smile before speaking, looking over to him, "I am looking for a certain talking Llama that apparently is residing here at the moment... Do you know where he is?"

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 06:57 PM
They have a sign.
Give us Kukra!

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:04 PM
Kazuki shrugs

Atreyu doesn't show up for days at a time. He'll be around eventually...

(( To: Destro, From: The Masked Llama

(I am cracking up over it, Destro.* We'll play more tomorrow on it. He's eventually gonna take it to Kint and Ala.* They like werefoxes.)

))

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 07:08 PM
((Llama is going to diiiiiiiiie tomarrow... Mmmmhmmm....))

The hin sighs softly, slightly annoyed, before nodding her head, "Alrighty... Thank you... Er... Want me to help you with those tallfolk outside?"

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 07:10 PM
The soldiers hold therir M-16s

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 07:12 PM
((To: The Masked Llama, From Destro

(That's good. I hoped it would be appreciated. I'm working tomorrow, and am not sure when I'll be back. Probably some time around 7:30 PST. I'll be on most of Tuesday if that doesn't work out.)
))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:16 PM
Kazuki (5 foot 4 inches) looks out the door and sighs

I think we need to leave them be. They are looking for a murderer, and we don't want to be seen as a haven for criminals.

If the person in question is really in the temple, they will eventually come to us. If not, those outside will eventually go away.

And if this wasn't Dad's temple, I'd already be draining them into strength-less husks of themselves.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 07:17 PM
Catherine comes up to the temple, looking around curiously. She stops before she reaches the army.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 07:19 PM
Kerigan raises a brow slightly, smirking, "Well... I can do whatever I really wish... I am kind of exempt from the various divine powers..." It was true, out of technicality...

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 07:19 PM
The group uses a large metal box to try to find anybody with Kukra's heat signature. They see a blur in a water barrel, and match it to Kukra.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 07:21 PM
Um, excuse me... Catherine tries to get the attention of an army officer.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:36 PM
Kazuki smirks

It is family, not constraints of power or divinity, that constrain me.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 07:37 PM
Catherine sighs as they go offline, and shoves her way through them. She goes into the temple and looks around.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 07:37 PM
Kerigan raises a brow a bit, nodding softly, "Well... I am not part of your family, and I am not going to be anywhere near here soon enough..." I am going to be back home, spending time with my girlfriend in Sharn.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:40 PM
Kazuki looks at his sleeping mother, then turns to Catherine

The blessings of Inari be upon you, Neighbor: what can we do for you today?

He looks at Kerrigan

Be glad that you are not. Our family is insane.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 07:42 PM
Catherine blinks as she looks around, then decides if she cannot handle a talking fox-person she might as well give up around here. I'm just looking around. I followed the army outside, but they were a bit unresponsive.

Gamerofthegame
2007-01-14, 07:45 PM
Kerigan can't help up chuckle lightly, nodding, "So I hear... Well... Anyway, I must be off... Ta." And with that, she side steps into a shadow, disappearing.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 07:55 PM
Kazuki waves to Kerigan, then nods

Xerillium runs his adventures at wkward times for the rest of us. Anyway: what can we do for you?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 07:57 PM
Um... like I said, I'm just looking around. I don't really need anything... I guess. Catherine considers asking for something to make her feel less insane.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:59 PM
Rhune flies in and, seeing Kazuki busy he stops and waits

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 08:15 PM
The group's leader turns to face the person that addressed him. What?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 08:17 PM
Being inside now, Catherine does not hear the leader. She wonders if Kazuki has gone into a coma and looks around for something interesting.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 08:19 PM
Kazuki's player went off to fetch dinner, so more a temporary blackout than a coma.

Kazuki nods

Feel free to look around.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 08:22 PM
Catherine does just that, eventually finding the gardens. She smiles out at them and walks around.

The_Librarian
2007-01-14, 08:23 PM
The librarian walks through the mirror from Trog's and marches up to the statue of the beatiful werefox goddess. For a moment she looks at the offerings and hesitates, but then stares up into the face of the statue and frowns.

"Ha, freaking ha," she says grimly. "I bet you're loving this, aren't you?" She sighs. "And I'm terrified." She leaves what little she can afford out of her purse and leaves the temple as swiftly as she arrived.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 08:25 PM
Alex appears in a swirl of fire outside the temple, he ignores the group of soldiers that are outside and walks into the sanctuary.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 08:25 PM
Kazuki blinks at Libris. Myobi wakes fitfully

Not our fault!

Kazuki waves to Alex

Hi, Alex.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 08:28 PM
"Hi Kazuki and Myobi, I was wondering if Krystal was about."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:28 PM
Rhune flies a bit closer while scribbling something in a small book, looking up once in a while to see what goes on.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 08:30 PM
Krystal walks in from the latrines, looking a bit sorry for herself

Morning sickness, ha! It lasts all day.

She looks at Alex

Hi, Alex

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 08:30 PM
Catherine sits down by the small pond and amuses herself by rippling the surface of the water with her MAGE system.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 08:36 PM
"Hiya Krystal, thanks for the earlier lessons in magic...and I can manage to cast new spells without giving me a headache now..." he smiles "Though there is something else I want to learn, and I was wondering if you could give me any tips."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 08:39 PM
Krystal nods

Sure, Alex. What is it you need to know?

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 08:42 PM
Alex scratches his head slightly "Energy substitution, I would like to be able to throw other things round other than fire"

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:43 PM
Rhune looks up at Kazuki Excuse me, could you do me a favor?

Fenric
2007-01-14, 08:45 PM
Krystal smiles

Oh! That is easy! It's a standard feat from Complete Arcane, so you don't even have to explain why. It's a prereq. for Energy Admixture, which is even more fun!

Krystal demonstrates both, step by step.

Kazuki looks at Rhune

Certainly! What is it you need?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 08:48 PM
Catherine smiles, glad to have found a peaceful and normal place in the town.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 08:49 PM
Alex raises an eyebrow while Krystal is explaining "Energy admixture? Is that a combination of energys?"

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:49 PM
Could you cast a spell? Any spell, but not too powerful and preferrably one that is a bit unusual or strange.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 08:54 PM
Kazuki thinks about the request for a moment, then casts Shadow Walk for Rhune: disappearing and reappearing almost instantly on the far side of the sanctyary.

Although Krystal over there is a better choice for weird magic.

Krystal nods to Alex

Exactly right: mix more than one type of energy. Imagine both fire and ice. Well... you couldn't. Fire and Sonic, though...

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:56 PM
Rhune studies Kazuki intensely as he casts the spell, then smiles and nods That's ok, yours will pose a great challenge. Thank you, Kazuki. he says, flips a page and starts drawing figures.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 08:57 PM
Alex grins "Nice. And yes, ice is not something I can do"

Fenric
2007-01-14, 09:00 PM
Krystal grins

Hey... the god of fire and thunder was Inari's primary adversary for thousands of years.

Kazuki smiles at Rhune

Anything else?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:00 PM
Catherine slowly falls asleep next to the pond, smiling.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:02 PM
Rhune shakes his head No thank you, that was perfect. he mutters, deeply absorbed in his drawing.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:03 PM
Tinderhall quickly shadowjumps past the militia and enters the temple, curious as to what is here.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 09:04 PM
Alex smiles "Right...when I try this do you expect me to have the same negative reaction as last time?"

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:08 PM
Tinderhall briefly taps his mask and with an enlarged voice says, "Anyone here?", his voice echoes through all of the chambers as it is carried by magic.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:10 PM
Catherine jolts awake as she hears the voice, and she peers back into the temple.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:11 PM
Tinderhall sees Vatherine's head peering in the temple and greets her with a simple short bow.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 09:12 PM
Krystal shakes her head

No: this is standard stuff.

Kazuki looks at Tinderhall

Please don't do that... there are a lot of people asleep here who are... grouchy... if awakened abruptly right now. What can we do for you?

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:14 PM
Rhune frowns a bit at the voice disturbing his concentration. He flies out into the garden and sits down under a tree where he continues his drawing.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:14 PM
Catherine comes the rest of the way inside the temple and looks around, nodding to Tinderhall.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 09:14 PM
Alex nods, smiling "Good..." he tilts his head, thinking "I wonder if this'll work for holy energy"

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:15 PM
Tinderhall shrugs and says, "Meh, so what is this place, I sensed a lot of magic activity here, so I thought I'd come check this out"

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:15 PM
Kyrian enters the temple.

Karl around?

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:16 PM
Tinderhall nods in greeeting to Kyrian

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:17 PM
Apparently its a temple...? Catherine seems unsure.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 09:18 PM
Alex nods to Kyrian

Fenric
2007-01-14, 09:21 PM
Myobi opens one grouchy eye and scowls at Kyrian

He's gone to bed. Why haven't you?

Kazuki sighs and turns to Tinderhall

This is a fox temple of Inari.

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:23 PM
Kyrian raises an eyebrow at Tinderhall, otherwise ignoring him completely. He nods to Alex and tilts his head at Myobi.

It's only 9:30pm here....love you too sis...

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:23 PM
"Yes I had figured that out already, but the interesting parts are always more buried under the surface, a temple to whom, who lives here, what magic is practised here and will I be smitten when entering. Now it's obvious I won't be smitten, although I can't be sure that's because this deity doesn't want to smite me or because of my protective spells, which I tend to keep on seeing how some minor deity's keep wanting me smitten about soem trivial matters", both skulls on his shoulder open there mouth and start speaking, "TRIVAL MATTERS? YOU KILLED ME AND MY BROTHER!YES AND DID YOU NOT THINK KILLING TWO GODS WOULD NOT UPSET SOME OF THE OTHERS? YOU TRUELY ARE FOOLISH!". Tinderhall shrugs and replies "Well there just minor deity's, so there not really of importance, however I would like it if you two would silence yourselfs".

((The italic part is the skull on my left shoulder and the fat part is the skull on my right shoulder))

Tinderhall turns to Kazuki and says, "What is this god's portfolio and what services do you offer here?".

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:25 PM
Catherine decides that she has seen enough for one day, and promptly passes out at the sight of talking skulls.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:27 PM
Tinderhall rushes towards Catherine and attempts to wake her up, "I'm thinking this God has rather bad aim, cause if that was a smite for me, it was a pretty bad shot"

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:31 PM
Catherine slowly wakes up, but refuses to open her eyes, not wanting to know where she is.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 09:31 PM
Kazuki sighs

Inari doesn't smite anyone.

(( I will go look up the Inari-intro. I'm not about to type it again so soon. ))

Myobi opens both eyes and looks at Kyrian.

Next time you're pregnant, you can complain. Until then, keep quiet.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 09:31 PM
"Thanks for the lesson Krystal, I'll give it a shot when there's nothing breakable within some distance of me. However-" Alex yawns "It's getting late and there's a nice comfy room waiting for me. Hope you feel better tomorrow."

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:33 PM
Forgive me, Myobi, I didn't know...

Kyrian turns to Alex.

Wait.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:35 PM
"Really? So your deity is evil? Anyway, I hope you have something to wake this poor girl up, I didn't even get her name. Odd situation though, normally I'm the one standing around making smartass remarks while people are dropping to the though they usually drop dead and I caused that, but those are just minor details...", Tinderhall slowly pats Catherine on her cheek trying to get a response from her.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 09:36 PM
Alex raises an eyebrow at Kyrian, but fully expecting what's going to follow...

Fenric
2007-01-14, 09:36 PM
(( I have to go. Now. bye. ))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:37 PM
((Bye dude, I'll just rp that your char left the room shaking his head or something similar))

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:37 PM
Catherine sighs and opens her eyes, looking to one side so she won't have to look at the skulls.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:39 PM
"Well not trying to be rude girl, but usually people start looking away from me and spitting and such after I introduced myself and/or killed a few people around them, my name is Tinderhall by the way, but I usually go by the monniker Shade or Arcane Shade, now might I ask what your name is?"

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:40 PM
Alex...well, we should probably talk about this outside.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:42 PM
Sorry, but I've been through a bit much. I'm Mercury Gamma Echo Beckett. However, as that title means nothing, you can call me Beckett. Catherine sits up and focuses on him, trying to ignore the skulls.

Alex Shipmaster
2007-01-14, 09:43 PM
"Uh, ok Ky" Alex walks out the temple

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:43 PM
Kyrian leaves.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:45 PM
"Well Beckett, I assume you come from another plane? A plane without magic perhaps? People nto used to it are usually rather bothered with magic, I could tell you story's how I detroyed entire plains because people didn't believe in magic, but that's another story. So what are you doing here?"

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:47 PM
I have never seen magic before, and I am here because a reformation engineer messed up. Catherine decides to ignore his comments about killing people. She tightens the MAGE system on her hand.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:49 PM
"Reformation engineer? I have no clue what one of those is, but I suspect it is rather interesting, I would love to hear the story behind this and if you want I can explain some of the basics of magic to you, but I would prefer to do it in a bit more peacefull place, that pond over there perhaps?"

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 09:50 PM
I guess... Catherine appears doubtful.
((brb))

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 09:52 PM
"Allow me", Tinderhall takes catherine's arm and guides her to the pond, "Now magic, where to start, do you know anything about it, folklore from your plane perhaps?"

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:07 PM
Yes, only legends and the like. Catherine looks down at the glove on her right hand.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:08 PM
"Could you tell me what kinds of legends, if there is any truth in them it's easyer to teach you", Tinderhall looks at the glove, but makes no remark about it.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:10 PM
Magic is just... some odd force that allows people to manipulate things as they want, whether to enchant people, or change them, or throw fire... Catherine shrugs.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:14 PM
"Well you just explaned minor magics, magic is a force that surrounds us all and some people can tap into to use it, however other like me actually take that energy and shape it much more fundamental, but I think that might be a bit over your head right now, seeing how most people who have lived with magic all their lives don't understand that. However it's nothing to be frightened of, if it helps consider it as very advanced technology that uses the underlying energy's of the multiverse. If you want I could even teach you a bit of it", Tinderhall looks towards Catherine and wonders why he is being to nice to this girl, he usually would've killed her already and harvested her soul.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:17 PM
Very advanced technology? Like this? Cathrine points her gloved hand at the pond, and a small globe of water separates from it and floats into the air. A small green light blinks on and off on the glove.
Tinderhall senses no magic at all.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:19 PM
"Yes, quite like that", Tinderhall to raises his hand and summons a grand torrent of water from out of the pond, "Though it's a bit more flashy, he says while winking at Catherine.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:20 PM
No need to pull it out all at once. Catherine shrugs and lets the water she has control over go back to its normal state.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:25 PM
"This wasn't all, the problem with magic, in comparison with your technology is that when able to wield enough to power, it becomes harder to focus and control then it is to call the power, it actually costs me less effort to do that, then if I would raise a single drop of water from the pond. This also results in a difference between magic and non-magic planes, magic planes tend to house enormously powerfull being, however they lack self control and common sense, while non-magic planes house beings with almost no power but with a good sense of the world around them. This is why most people from non-magic planes are uncomfortable around magic users and magic users find those planes to boring to learn more about. However people here can have agood sense of control too", Tinderhall raises his hand again and from the edge of the pool a small flowershaped piece of ice is raised, it isn't specially beautifull or extraordinary in any way except the fine details on it.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:28 PM
Catherine smiles a little at the flower, a bit surprised that he would choose to make something like that. Well, don't judge a book by its cover, I suppose. She keeps the thought to herself.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:31 PM
"I didn't always used to be like this you know, in pursuit of power I left behind many ethics and morals, however I still know how I was like a boy and remember my childhood very well. I guess I can't complain though, I took my own path and am responsible for it. But let's not dwell on that, you told me you had a rank, might I ask what kind of rank it is, military, religious, political?", Tinderhall keeps looking at the flower.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:32 PM
Military. I'm not extremely high ranking, and the fact that I am an Echo puts me lower as well, but I'm far from being the lowest.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 10:33 PM
Regiji wanders into the Temple of Inari. He had seen a neat fish pond last time he was there and he figured it would be a good place to sit down and think.

One can imagine his surprise when he spots Creepy McCreeperson and Beckett hanging around. He sighs, shrugs, and takes a seat in mid-air as he begins watching the koi, trying to looks as inconspicuous as a person sitting in mid-air can.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:37 PM
"Usually the best men and women are in the lower ranks, no good spirited person can take responsibility of war and come through it with an unscathed soul. You know what, I'm in the mood to do some magic, would you perhaps allow me to teach some basics? You would be surprised how easily it comes when you accept it's nature", Tinderhall looks at Catherine, hoping she would say yes, he didn't know why, but he had the sudden need to express himself to her, to share a bit, but he knew his history would scare her off and magic was the only thing he knew except perhaps the art of killing, but he knew she wouldn't like that, atleast he thought he knew. Sunken in thought he did not notice Regiji entering.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:40 PM
Well... I guess we could try... Catherine avoids thinking about how freaky and wierd this is.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 10:43 PM
Regiji throws some bread crumbs to the fish. Where he had gotten said crumbs isn't obvious. The fish happily gorge themselves.

"This is nice. I don't I've ever fed carp before."

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:45 PM
Alright then, now wizard students learn how to cast with prestidigitations, they are minor feats and almost anyone can use the, close your eyes and focus on your breathing, when you are calmed down try to reach out with your mind and feel the energy around you, when you do try to feel it and perhaps let it wrinkle a bit, after that try to move it a bit more and then try to lift up a pebble I will place in front of you, now I will be aiding you, but I cannot help you with the initial contact with the energy, you need to do this by yourself, after that I can help. Now don't be discouraged when it doesn't work the first time, just keep trying. Now just sit down in front of me in whatever way you are most comfortable, Tinderhall sits down and places a small smooth pebble in front of him and motions Catherine to sit facing him.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:48 PM
Catherine sits down in a position that appears to be yoga, and the pebble suddenly lifts. She frowns, then looks down at her MAGE system and turns it off. The pebble promptly falls to the ground. She closes her eyes and starts feeling foolish.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:49 PM
Tinderhall smiles as he watches her try, he remembers the first time he did a prestidigitation and how much he felt at peace when he first came into contact with the energy, he hopes that Catherine will feel that same peace, she could use it...

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:52 PM
Catherine continues not using magic, which is obviously her natural state. She wonders what it is that she is actually supposed to be doing...

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 10:54 PM
Tinderhall slowly warms the air up a bit around Catherine and gently touches her mind, not enough for her to feel it, but enough to calm her down a bit, "Just relax, don't feel a need to do anything, just focus on your breathing untill it's the only thing in your mind".

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 10:56 PM
Catherine relaxes, enough to where she is almost asleep but not quite.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:00 PM
Good now, simply focus on your breathing, take deep breaths in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, Tinderhall slowly softens the background noises untill they are nearly silenced,

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:01 PM
Catherine goes through the exercise easily, having done this sort of thing for a long time.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 11:02 PM
"I wonder if any of these fish have names..." Regiji wonders aloud while throwing them crumbs.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:03 PM
Tinderhall quickly muffles the sound coming from Regiji, wondering when he came here, but shifts focus again to Catherine, hoping she didn't notice it.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:05 PM
Catherine does not seem to have been disturbed. Her calm is absolute and complete.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:08 PM
Now slowly try to reach out with your mind, when you exhale imagine going out of your mouth and reaching to the energy around you, Tinderhall readies himself for when she makes contact with the energy so he can help her as soon as he can.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:10 PM
Catherine tentatively tries, but finds herself reaching towards what she knows automatically. As her MAGE system is off, nothing happens, but it does prevent her from reaching out to the right source.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:13 PM
Tinderhall calms her further, slowly dimming down her thoughtpatterns so she won't be burdened by her previous knowledge, Just follow your instincts Beckett

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 11:15 PM
The vibrations in the air are being suppressed by arcane energy.

"Thanks Sal, I noticed," No sound is heard from Regiji's location however. "Pump more power into the conduit, I want to hear the fish eating the crumbs."

Regiji's aura of banality extends beyond its normal limits, instantly disjoining the magical silence. It then collapses back to its usual state. Regiji smiles and continues feeding the fish while humming to himself.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:17 PM
Catherine frowns, then tries again, in almost the same way she had before, but without actually targeting her system with her thoughts. It doesn't quite work, but at least it wasn't misdirected.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:18 PM
Tinderhall shoots an irritated look to regiji and creates a barrier between Regiji and him, blocking all sound coming from him and creates a few smoke puffs in front of Regiji saying, "Please be considerate of what we are doing here"

Just keep trying, you will get it eventually, every breath is a new chance to succeed, do not dwell on previous failures, just on the chances that lie before you

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:21 PM
Catherine tries again, and this time almost senses something, but the experience startles her and she loses it as soon as she feels it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:22 PM
You're making progress good, just keep trying I am sure you will be able to do so

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 11:22 PM
Regiji gives the smoke an odd look and then glances over his shoulder. He honestly has no idea what Creepy McCreeperson is trying to do at the moment. Magic is just as foreign to him as it is to Beckett. If there were something actually happening he might notice, but the nature of the lessons eludes him completely.

He shrugs and continues to feed the fish.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:25 PM
Catherine regains her calm, but is almost too uneasy about trying again.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:27 PM
Tinderhall slowly reaches over and softly touches Catherines hand, radiating calmness and and a firm resolution, You can do this

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:32 PM
Catherine tries once more, and suddenly feels the flow of magic and does not shy away from it as she did before. She frowns as she considers it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:34 PM
Tinderhall slowly take a hold of Catherine's magic so that she cannot accidentally break the touch and slowly guides her through the energy, nothing more then a small push and leaves the rest to her.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:39 PM
Catherine nods to herself and attempts to use it as she would her MAGE system, having no other experience to go by. Whereas it is an imperfect comparison, it works better than simply going blindly. The pebble shudders slightly.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:40 PM
Tinderhall slowly carries her touch a bit, strengthening her grip of the pebble and slowly lifts it a bit and let Catherine do the rest.

((I have to go soon, so if we could finish this a bit faster that would be nice :) ))

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:42 PM
Suddenly what she is doing hits her, and she loses her grip on magic entirely, and sits in place, stunned. Catherine blinks, trying to fathom it.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:45 PM
I think we did enough for one day and I need to go, here take these coins and go to trogs and rent a room, a bit of rest will do you much good and when you want to see me again, simply hold this pebble in your hand and say my name, Tinderhall picks up the peddle they tried to lift and mutters small spell, he offers it to Catherine together with a few gold coins.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:46 PM
Catherine nods, still a bit dazed by it all. Thanks. She takes the coins and pebble with a polite smile.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-14, 11:49 PM
No problem, just remember how to use the pebble, simply hold it and say me name, he then slowly lifts the spells he has placed and the back ground noise comes back and looks at Regiji, Thanks for not interrupting Regiji. He then smiles and whisks away.


((If you use the pebble, just pm me with a link to the thread where you used, anyway, sleepy time for, I'll see you later))

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 11:52 PM
Catherine looks at the pebble and shakes her head in disbelief.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 12:00 AM
"Eerr... no problem I guess," Regiji responds, having no idea what Tinderhall is talking about. He glances back at Catherine again, shrugs, and continues to feed the fish.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 12:02 AM
Catherine goes over to join Regiji, putting the pebble in her pocket. She puts the SEER system in its rightful place on her head, and switches back on her MAGE glove.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 12:12 AM
Regiji is, as before, suspended in mid-air by a monopoler magnetic field. He's also tossing bread crumbs to some koi which are happily devouring them.

"So, anything interesting happen toady?"

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 12:14 AM
Besides learning that magic exists? I'd think that everything else is a bit dull in comparison. Catherine rolls the pebble around in her pocket.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 12:22 AM
"My family was pretty shocked about it too when we first discovered it in other Realms," Regiji comments, tossing another handful of bread to the ever hungry fish. "Though we can't utilize it at all. From your reaction it looks like your people don't have that limitation."

He gives her an odd look. It involves him tilting his head to the side and peering at her. If he were built more like a bird of prey it would look more natural. If Catherine had ever seen an eagle using the same expression she might even recognize it.

"Are you sure it's wise to be taking magic lesions from a guy with a pair of talking skulls on his shoulders? I'm guessing that there are evil wizards in the fairytales your people have."

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 12:26 AM
Is the magic he uses inherently evil? It may not be best to learn application of magic from him, but magic itself is merely a tool. I can decide how I use it. Catherine does not seem bothered by the prospect of learning magic from Tinderhall. Its just like anything else- it can be used for whatever you want, its not the tool that has morals, but you.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 12:42 AM
"Well, for the most part that's true," Regiji responds. "Most magic is no more good or evil than a rock. You can use it to decorate a rock garden or use it to whack someone over the head with," he shrugs. "Which is up to you. However, there is some magic that is inherently evil. Believe it or not there are entire planes of existence around here devoted to pure Good or unspeakable Evil. Some spells draw their power from one or the other. Usually it's pretty obvious which is which."

He tosses some more bread to the fish.

"I've met people before like that Tinderhall guy. They didn't dress like a stereotypical evil wizard or smoke tobacco out of a pipe with a skull as the bowl but they were still pretty nasty. All about getting more knowledge by whatever means are needed. Get in their way and too bad for you."

He pauses for a moment.

"I may be completely wrong about him, but people who are upstanding citizens usually don't wear talking skulls holding the souls of their slain enemies. There are some other powerful magic users in Town who could teach you more. Amiria for one. She has a big floating tower over by the Lake. Hard to miss it."

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 12:46 AM
I'll keep that all in mind. Catherine pulls the stone out of her pocket and floats it around with her MAGE system, wondering how hard it would be to do it with magic.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 12:50 AM
Regiji considers floating a rock in mid-air as well, but decides against it. Instead he holds out his bag of crumbs.

"Want to feed the koi?"

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 12:51 AM
Catherine smiles and takes a handful of crumbs and begins throwing them to the fish.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 01:01 AM
The koi, as per their normal behavior, consume the crumbs with their oversized carp mouths.

"We don't have any fish like these on Alearis," Regiji says. He sounds disappointed by this fact. "Most of the wild-life died a long time before the Shepherds started guiding my people. The world is like one big city now. There are a few places off-world that have been kept in their natural condition though, so they're nice to visit."

He gives Catherine a sidelong glance.

"What's your world like?"

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 01:08 AM
Well, technically I am an Avarian, but I've never been to the home world, so... I guess you would say my world was Iari. Catherine smiles as she thinks about it. Highly developed, but with a natural flair to it... that just... its such a harmony between architecture and nature that its hard to describe. She brushes back her hair and gives a content sigh.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 01:16 AM
"That sounds nice. It would have been great if my people had realized the practicality of that before irrevocable damage had been done," he sighs. "Alearis is still beautiful and all, but in a purely architectural way."

He leans back in mid-air. It looks rather odd.

"So, you say you've never been to the world your people were born at? Your people must have spread around quite a bit to make visiting a sacred place like world of your people's birth impractical."

He pauses for a moment.

"Or is it a... diplomatic problem?"

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 01:22 AM
Its less of a problem and more of something that just hasn't happened. Catherine shrugs. I always wanted to travel, but going to Avaria seemed less like an adventure than going to somewhere more... exotic and unknown. I figured that going into the military division I was in would help me travel, and since they determine where I am stationed... Catherine waves a hand. There's very little need for scouts on the home world.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 01:36 AM
"I've had plenty of adventure for my life as far as I'm concerned. But being here is the duty that was chosen for me and so here I am," he waves at the world around him in general. "I've met some nice people so far. Discovered that the Destro fellow had stumbled across a synthetic form of orahalcum. That alone made the recourses my family has invested here so far well worth it."

He grins.

"And you say you wanted to see exotic places? Well, I can think of few places more exotic than this one."

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 01:38 AM
I'd agree with that. This place is... Catherine shakes her head. And this is only my second day here.

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 01:53 AM
"Yeah, well, I've been here nearly a month now and I can assure you that things are exactly as strange as they appear to be," he shakes his head a bit. "I think you've actually taken it pretty well considering dragons and satyrs and magic don't exist where you're from. In fa-"

He pauses mid-sentence, then blinks. Then he runs his hand down his face.

"For once I would like a peaceful day without any craziness, but I suppose that just isn't possible here," he says with a chuckle. "My probe just informed me that an evil undead wizard is attacking the tavern as we speak."

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 01:55 AM
Should we do something? Or would we get in the way?

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 02:01 AM
Regiji blinks again. He's currently watching the fight from Zeemis' point of view in the rafters.

"Well... it looks like things are under control for the time being. That musician is still there and holding his own," he pauses, making sure he's getting his information right. "As well as what appears to be a self-aware humanoid-shaped event horizon. I would say I've never seen anything like I before, but that wouldn't be true. Though I think that just brought this place up to par in terms of strangeness with the last Hub-Realm I visited."

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:03 AM
Catherine blinks. Well, it does leave the problem that I'm tired and need to get to the second floor...

Nevrmore
2007-01-15, 02:05 AM
A voice rings in anybody of sufficient power who is nearby. It's of indeterminate gender and is not actually saying anything, but anyone who can hear it instantly knows that they need to go to the tavern and help the patrons under fire inside.

AmberVael
2007-01-15, 02:11 AM
Catherine sighs. I really do need some sleep. One of the night priests who has been scurrying around informs her that there are travelers quarters available in the temple. Catherine smiles. That will work then. I'll talk to you later, Regiji. She stands and heads off to the travelers quarters, and then promptly finds an empty room and goes to bed.
((Oof. I need sleep. Night.))

Rebonack
2007-01-15, 02:11 AM
"Ok... that was strange..." Regiji comments in response to the voice. "I guess they do need help then. I'll make sure everything is 'ok' over there. See you later."

Regiji ceases to be at the temple.

Fenric
2007-01-15, 10:09 AM
Kazuki steps out of the shadows and looks around the sanctuary. Myobi and Krystal are nowhere to be seen.

The shadow priest sighs and takes a seat

Thank goodness my temple is pretty slow-paced, or this would be a nightmare.

He pulls a sour face

Happily piled on top of all the other nightmares in my life right now.

Cathrindir
2007-01-15, 10:12 AM
Hospital

Dareln slowly comes awake in the hospital. He opens his blind eyes and sighs, trying to see where he is to no avail. Eventually, he just smiles, then laughs, putting a hand to his forehead. "He's gone..."

Kyrian
2007-01-15, 10:12 AM
Conrad runs out into the sanctuary.

She's mad I tell you!

Fenric
2007-01-15, 10:18 AM
Kazuki turns to Conrad with a tilted head

Who's mad? What the matter, Conrad?

[hr]

( Hospital )

The healers come up to Dareln

Still no luck with the eyes, sir?

Kyrian
2007-01-15, 10:22 AM
Sayuri. I said good morning to her and she flipped out on me.

Fenric
2007-01-15, 10:27 AM
Kazuki chuckles and nods

It's been fun back home, too. Sounds like Myobi is even grouchier than usual, too. Krystal seems to be taking it well, though.

Kyrian
2007-01-15, 10:29 AM
How much longer do you think they'll all be?