PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XXXV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fenric
2007-01-13, 02:49 AM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Temple Maphttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Temple Viewhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Temple.gif
Profile for InariAlignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden).

- Summoning chamber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471)

Priests
High Priest: Fenric (PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Chairman / Head of Services|Exachix NorZilliar (PC)
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|Elya (PC, Earin)|Head of Facilities
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)
Secretary|Anna (PC, seftsirag)[/table]
Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC)
Aikidu (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
Voxendi (PC, Gezina)
Knight Defenders of the Faith
This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Planeshifter, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee. Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Earin (PC)
Ilias (PC)
Aikidu (PC)
Conrad (PC, Kyrian)
Karsen (PC, Exachix)

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-13, 02:51 AM
((Repost))

Oh, probably. Go ahead. I'm too happy to mind. Destro holds out one arm and continues grinning. Hey Atreyu, how have you been? It's been a while.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 02:53 AM
Karl grins, and bites Destro on the arm to see if "Shock the RAW" is enough to get him infected, then he heads off to bed.

(( goodnight ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 02:54 AM
"Its been good. I kinda, sorta, became a god of hay, but I don't think I have worshippers, so I just create hay for kids to play in and I always have something soft to sleep on now."

"how about for you? Anything interesting?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-13, 02:59 AM
You know that floating thing that showed up a while ago? It belongs to the Nine, who wanted to kill me, and I ended up crashing it a couple days ago. That was fun. Anyways, I've now become Necromancy, replacing the old Necromancy, who was the one fueling the whole "kill Destro" thing. Unlife is good. Destro drops his arm and grins.

((Oh, this is going to be awesome. Were-lich!))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 03:02 AM
"Thats great. I ....never cared for it, but I only have vague memories of being a zombie. I need to get some sleep and think over this kit mess. Maybe sometime we could talk about posters to advertise for me."

(Sorry, Destro. Dead tired right now.)

*The llama falls asleep, dreaming of kits and zombies and zombie kits who all want to play*

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-13, 03:10 AM
Sure thing. Goodnight Atreyu. Destro grins at the sleeping llama and leaves the temple. Purely as a joke he leaves half a dozen large fluffy pillows covered with images of kits surrounding Atreyu before he goes.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 03:52 AM
Exachix wakes and wanders into the Sanctuary, starting today's dawn ceremony.

Cathrindir
2007-01-13, 01:44 PM
Daerbain/Dareln appears in the gardens in a blaze of fire. He looks around, breathing heavily, flame covering his body. "The...I..." He stumbles backwards and makes a grab for a small plant, which bursts into flame with a touch. "...I couldn't find it...in time..." He crashes to the ground and looks up, eyes rolling back in his head.
"The Kent...the Kental Sty-" He goes unconcious.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 03:54 PM
Grace flies out into the garden, carrying a plate with fish and rice. She sits down against the wall of the sanctuary, looking out over the garden while eating.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 03:56 PM
Exachix finishes, late, for no other reason than he's been offline alot, before looking around and slumping into a chair.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 03:59 PM
Ilias appears in the sanctuary and looks around. Spotting Exachix he smiles and waves Hi. Tired?

InaVegt
2007-01-13, 04:00 PM
Voxendi wakes up and enters the sanctuary, he even has the smallest hint of color this morning.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 04:08 PM
Exachix smiles fainly.

"Not very much, but slightly."

Deadly
2007-01-13, 04:12 PM
Ilias nods politely to Voxendi before turning back to Exachix Well, any news around here?

InaVegt
2007-01-13, 04:16 PM
Voxendi waves towards the others in the snactuary before starting to pray to Inari.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 04:20 PM
Exachix grins.
"I think, well, I know, that Krystal is going to have kits. And I think, Myobi, and the other female Kits are all having kits." He smiles and waves to Voxendi.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 04:23 PM
Ilias blinks All of them? At the same time? Already? Oh my... he looks quite stunned

InaVegt
2007-01-13, 04:25 PM
Voxendi can't help but smile when he hears this.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 04:30 PM
Exachix smiles.

"Yeah, all around the same time."

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 04:32 PM
I am too, Exachix...

Sayuri and Conrad enter the sanctuary.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 04:34 PM
Exachix smiles.

"Sorry, I'm slightly forgetfull, I wonder who else would be then..."

Deadly
2007-01-13, 04:36 PM
Ilias grins Well, congratulations to all. This is great, though quite unexpected he says and looks thoughtful

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:07 PM
Exachix smiles faintly to Illias.

"So how are you doing?"

Deadly
2007-01-13, 05:10 PM
Ilias shakes off his thoughts of more dragons to keep track of and turns to Exachix Not bad. Aside from Fenric's expedition and the kids it's pretty peaceful.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:17 PM
Exachis smiles.

"Hmm, ok then."

Deadly
2007-01-13, 05:22 PM
Ilias smiles and sits down

[Garden]

Arden flies over and sits down next to Grace, who's found some more fish in the kitchen. They talk quietly while watching the garden.

Down by the pond Rhune is busy drawing figures and obscure symbols in the water.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:31 PM
Exachix sighs and closes his eyes, before opening them suddenly and smiling faintly.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 05:35 PM
Ilias looks at him Something's up?

[Garden]

Selene falls down from the branch she had been resting on. She lands with a yelp and looks around before diving into the pond.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:40 PM
Exachix smiles at Illias.

"I was just thinking." He surpresses a yawn. "Just thinking..."

Deadly
2007-01-13, 05:42 PM
Ilias smiles Ah, that's good.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:45 PM
Exachix nodds.

"How are you're kids doing?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 05:46 PM
*Atreyu wakes up and looks around to see who's all in the Temple.*

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:49 PM
Exachix waves to Ateryu.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 05:53 PM
Well... where to begin. Grace is doing great it seems. She likes to wander the town, listening to what goes on all around. She's quite curious. he grins Arden longs for adventure. I think he wants to travel the world, and spends a lot of time thinking and talking of that. Rhune is... well, I guess he's studying. I have no idea what, because every time he tries to explain it my brain shuts off. he shakes his head and smiles Selene spends a lot of time around the garden. She likes it a lot. And then there's Ruby... he looks sad Well, she's been depressed for some time. I try to get her out and cheer her up, but it haven't helped a lot.

Exachix
2007-01-13, 05:57 PM
Exachix hmms.

"Oh, ok." He shakes his head. "Sorry, Illias, I'd better get to bed now. Goodnight." He stands and heads off to bed. ((Goodnight All))

Deadly
2007-01-13, 05:59 PM
Ilias nods and waves to Exachix as he leaves.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 08:01 PM
Fenric and Myobi enter the sanctuary and look around. Myobi promptly frowns.

My plants!

She rushes out to the garden and finds the unconscious Daerbain next to an incinerated plant. She stands there, fuming, for a while.

You are so lucky that you are unconscious.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 08:02 PM
Ilias looks up and blinks at Myobi's outburst, then nods at Fenric Hi.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 08:39 PM
Fenric waves at Ilias

Hello.

(( Much distraction right now ))

Deadly
2007-01-13, 08:47 PM
((That's ok))

How are you doing?

Hoseki
2007-01-13, 08:47 PM
Valathe dozes dreamlessly in her niche.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 08:57 PM
Fenric smiles

Doing pretty well. We're collecting a reasonable amount of ice over in WinterHearth without too much trouble. By the time we've been through the whole place, we should have quite a lot.

With the other news, I'm getting tempted to make the place a werefox town.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 09:00 PM
Ilias smiles and nods I heard about that. Sounds a bit unusual to me.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-13, 09:12 PM
SASO enters the temple.
I had my hand healed before, but was unable to pay because I had some kind of coma just before I could.

He takes out a thin metal triangle, which hovers in the air. A bag of gold is warped onto the top.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 09:15 PM
Fenric groans

It is unusual. It's a side effect of that love potion that someone spiked the water with. We had some warning back then, so we were ready for it, but it screwed everyone's timing up for this spring... and we weren't expecting it, so... well...

Fenric turns to SASO

Oh! Thank you so much!

Deadly
2007-01-13, 09:18 PM
Ilias looks thoughtful and very slightly concerned Ah...

Lord Magtok
2007-01-13, 09:18 PM
You're welcome. I'll be going now.

SASO leaves.

Hoseki
2007-01-13, 09:20 PM
Valathe wakes at the mention of the word 'pay.' She shuffles over to the bag and takes it, then turns to put it in a proper location.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-13, 09:21 PM
((Which reminds me. Last night, Destro donated 420,000gp to the temple. It's in Valathe's office))

Fenric
2007-01-13, 09:23 PM
Fenric nods at Ilias

Yeah. So we may have people going off to WinterHearth.

Hoseki
2007-01-13, 09:23 PM
((I saw. She'll make a note of that once she finds it.))

Xerillum
2007-01-13, 09:24 PM
An NPC runs up. We have a guy in a coma over at trog's umm he's barely breathing.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 09:25 PM
...the pond was never affected by the love potion thing, right?

Cathrindir
2007-01-13, 09:30 PM
Daerbain/Dareln gasps and coughs up some blood, slowly regaining consciousness. "Gods..."

Fenric
2007-01-13, 09:33 PM
Fenric blinks

I honestly have no idea. If any dumped any city water in...

( Garden )

Myobi notices that Daerbain seems injured as well as a garden-arsonist.

Oh.

She casts Heal on him before standing back up and continuing to glare at him.

Deadly
2007-01-13, 09:35 PM
Ilias shrugs and smiles I guess it'll have to remain a surprise then.

Cathrindir
2007-01-13, 09:36 PM
Some of the wounds on his face and leg are healed, but the fact that his leg is severed from the knee down doesn't change. He looks up at Myobi weakly. "Who...are you..."

Hoseki
2007-01-13, 09:37 PM
Valathe counts the coins and writes the amount down. She begins to head down the stairs to deposit the money.

((Can the fox-meddling happen tonight, Fenric?))

Fenric
2007-01-13, 09:45 PM
(( I can try. We're trying to get my daughter to go to sleep somewhat earlier than 2 am, which was when she finally fell asleep last night.

Sorry, Xerillium. I tried to have Kazuki save you. ))

Myobi scowls down at Daerbain

I am Myobi, avatar of the goddess and high priestess of this temple. And you are missing part of your leg.

Myobi casts Regenerate on him, then stands up and crosses her arms crossly.

Why did you burn up my plants?

Cathrindir
2007-01-13, 09:48 PM
"Myobi..." Daerbain slowly pulls himself to his feet and puts a hand to his forehead. "I'm sorry, I...I couldn't control it..."

Hoseki
2007-01-13, 09:53 PM
((Oof. Real kids first, Town after.))

Valathe stows the cash and heads to her office, where she finds more money. She begins to count it.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 09:54 PM
( Garden )

Myobi doesn't seem pleased, but she stops being cross

Well... ok. I'll settle for you replanting it rather than making you clean the fishpond.

Myobi speaks a command word, and a new plant appears in a pot.

(( That spell that lets you mark an object, then recall it later. I've forgotten the name ))

Cathrindir
2007-01-13, 09:56 PM
Daerbain looks at the pot and sighs, then falls to his knees and begins replanting it. Every few moments he'll close his eyes and his face will be wracked with pain.
Suddenly, he collapses to the ground.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 10:07 PM
Kyrian enters the temple, looking for Karl or Fenric.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 10:10 PM
( Garden )

Myobi looks concerned and kneels down

Hey... I healed you...

Myobi casts Panacea on Daerbain.
[hr]
( Sanctuary )

Fenric waves to Kyrian.

Hello, Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 10:12 PM
Kyrian gives a small smile, though it's easy to tell a lot is on his mind.

I need to know how to reach Bishamon...

Hoseki
2007-01-13, 10:20 PM
Valathe stores the money and falls into a deep, dreamless sleep.

((And I should go to bed... G'night.))

Deadly
2007-01-13, 10:32 PM
((So should I. Night))

I need to be going. Take care. Ilias says and fades away.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 10:42 PM
(( She's asleep! She's asleep! Yay!!! ))

Fenric considers

Generally you'd just call on him, but I expect he'd not answer you anymore... Unless...

Fenric winces at his thoughts, as Kirana stomps in and through the sanctuary. Ayame follows shortly after, and stays about as long. Fenric blinks at his daughters.

What's eating them?

Fenric shakes his head and looks at Kyrian

( Garden )

Myobi pokes at Darebain, then sighs and finishes planting the plant herself. She summons acolytes to carry Daerbain off to the hospital.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 10:43 PM
I'm not talking about contacting him verbally. Where can I find him?

Fenric
2007-01-13, 10:56 PM
Fenric suddenly grins

Of course! Why didn't I think of it before?

well, it's because I'm not lawful, but...

You must challenge him to a duel! That way: you can fight him, he can't refuse, and no one will complain that you did it!

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 10:58 PM
And Fenric...I know your player must be getting tired, and likely not have a lot of time, but I want to let you know I'd like to try and speak to Inari sometime soon.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:06 PM
Fenric nods

Should be doable, actually.

Fenric prays for a moment, and the presence of the goddess fills the room.

Greetings, Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:07 PM
Kyrian drops to his knees.

Greetings, Inari.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:12 PM
The goddess' attitude is "indifferent"

What is it you seek?

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:13 PM
You must know what happened the other night...I came only wondering your views...

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:20 PM
still "indifferent"

You did what you had to do with respect to Ares. Beware lest the same fate find you someday.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:21 PM
Kyrian notes her tone.

Have I already lost your trust, Inari?

Nevrmore
2007-01-13, 11:22 PM
Hawk steps out of the mirror, his hands shackled behind him. He says a few curses under his breath, waiting for Silas to walk through.

Silas
2007-01-13, 11:23 PM
Silas steps through after Hawk.

"We're looking for someone named Elya...?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 11:24 PM
*Atreyu perks up, then bows down before Inari and thinks that maybe he should speak to her about overemphasizing the "fertility" part of her portfolio as last nights information crosses his mind.*

(then Tony goes back to X-men legends)

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:25 PM
It is a dangerous path to take the worshippers of another god by force, whatever the excuse.

You are beyond the concerns of mortals, now: As a fellow god, I cannot condone what you have done.

Fenric slips over to Silas

I will have acolytes sent to try to find her. She is often at the Goldshadow Psionics guild this time of night.

Fenric dispatches acolytes to search the temple and to go to the guild.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:26 PM
That's where I differ...I still have my family.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:29 PM
I said not that I condemn. But as the endless stretch of eternity proceeds its methodical way, you will never be able to preserve all of your family the way you might wish.

The path you choose leads to madness and death.

Nevrmore
2007-01-13, 11:29 PM
"I'll make sure justice is served for this atrocity." Hawk says, not turning to face Silas.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:30 PM
You're right, Inari. I'll never be able to preserve them the way I wish...but I've still goto to do what I can...

Kyrian sighs and looks at the floor.

Silas
2007-01-13, 11:31 PM
"Oh put a cork in it old man."

Nevrmore
2007-01-13, 11:31 PM
"The young are so easily corruptible. You, that god who is my captain in name only, and the rest of that damned station are despicable."

Silas
2007-01-13, 11:34 PM
"Then quit."

Nevrmore
2007-01-13, 11:35 PM
"You read my mind." He said, spitting.

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:35 PM
The ire of the goddess extends toward Hawk

You will mind your language while in my sanctuary, young man.

her thought bends back to Kyrian

You can resolve the situation with Bishamon in the way I inspired Fenric to elaborate: you must duel him for Karl's soul. The guardian cannot refuse an honourable duel.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:37 PM
Kyrian nods. Inari...I owe you so much. Thank you.

AmberVael
2007-01-13, 11:37 PM
Elya appears in the sanctuary and looks around for an officer, then sees Hawk. She guesses immediately who need her help and walks over to Hawk and Silas.

Silas
2007-01-13, 11:38 PM
"You must be Elya...I'm Silas."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 11:39 PM
*Atreyu perks up at the thought of a duel* "That sounds like fun. Oh wait, for a soul?"

AmberVael
2007-01-13, 11:40 PM
Elya nods and smiles, then looks at Hawk.
What exactly is wrong?

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:41 PM
The presence of the goddess remains, monitoring Hawk.

The acolyte appears from nowhere and returns to his station.

Fenric sighs and pats Kyrian on the shoulder.

Nevrmore
"What's wrong is that this town is being guarded by a bunch of corrupt idiots."

Silas
"He tried to attack someone at Trog's. Twice. The second time when I went to stop him, he attacked me, and ended up killing me. Iames suggested him seeing you."

Destro_Yersul
((Hey Atreyu. Just after you went to sleep Destro surrounded the llama with large fluffy pillows that all had pictures of multiple kits on them))

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:42 PM
Kyrian looks up at Fenric, with tears in his eyes.

I can't lose this...she's right, but I promised him...

AmberVael
2007-01-13, 11:43 PM
I see...
Elya bites her lip and looks at Hawk.
Sir, I need to examine your mind, so if you would just relax...

Nevrmore
2007-01-13, 11:45 PM
Hawk grits his teeth.

"You might find that hard. Excuse me if it's difficult to relax after apparently being killed then being arrested for some trumped up charges and being told that I'm the one with problems."

Fenric
2007-01-13, 11:51 PM
Fenric smiles at Kyrian

You're the god of war, he's just a guardian: You won't loose.

Kyrian
2007-01-13, 11:52 PM
Kyrian smiles and gives Fenric a quick hug.

Thank you... So...how do I challenge him? Or at least get him to hear my challenge?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 11:52 PM
(eeep...forgot...sorry Destro)

AmberVael
2007-01-13, 11:53 PM
Elya sighs again.
Can you just promise not to freak out on me and try and kill me or something?

Nevrmore
2007-01-13, 11:54 PM
Hawk growls, "Don't you even accuse me of something like that! Everyone in this god-forsaken town is corrupt, aren't they?!" He says.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-13, 11:55 PM
((S'ok. I want to see his reaction though))

Rebonack
2007-01-13, 11:56 PM
((Hawk needs to find his happy place >.>))

AmberVael
2007-01-13, 11:57 PM
I don't know you, and I don't know what you might or might not do. I just wanted to make sure that you are not going to be hostile towards me.
Elya reaches out to put a glowing hand on his forehead

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:00 AM
Fenric smiles

That's the easy part: a god can't help but hear their name when spoken out loud. They're also stuck hearing the next few sentences whether they like it or not.

Why do you think they get so wound up about people taking their names in vain?

"Oh Kyrian! This bathtub is so dirty! Why can't I remember to clean it more often!

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 12:02 AM
Thanks Fenric.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 12:03 AM
Hawk takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He lets Elya Put on Hands

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:05 AM
Elya reaches into his surface mind, not looking through his memories or emotions, but examining his actual mental state and health.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-14, 12:05 AM
*The llama starts to walk toward the group and steps on something strange. He looks down to see what he stepped on and sees the fluffy pillows with kits on them. *

"Gah! Wha...wha....who made these?"
*he loonks around to see who did this*

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 12:06 AM
Hawk's mental state right now is fine. When The Nine resurrected him, they healed his injuries, including the blood at the base of his brain that was causing his insanity.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:08 AM
Elya examines him for any enchantments or abnormal mental conditions that are not related to actual brain damage.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 12:09 AM
There are none.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:12 AM
Fenric smiles

It will be ok, Kyrian.

AmberVael
Elya shakes her head.
I'm not finding anything...

Destro_Yersul
The pillows have apparently been enchanted. All the kits on them have turned to face Atreyu, and are watching him. Most of them are grinning toothily. If Atreyu cares to look, the back of each pillow has

Llama,
enjoy the pillows.
Destro
Written on the back of it.

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 12:13 AM
Again, thanks. I should probably be getting back to Lillah.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:14 AM
Fenric nods

She'll miss you if you are gone for too long.

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 12:15 AM
Kyrian grins.

Yes she will.

He waves to all he knows and leaves.

Silas
2007-01-14, 12:15 AM
"Can you look at my memories?"

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:17 AM
I could, but why do I need to do that?
Elya looks confused.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:17 AM
(( Atreyu says he is sorry, but Tim is over to play X-Men:Legends and so he is not likely to post anytime soon. ))

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 12:18 AM
"So you can confirm that I didn't do anything and let me go home!"

Silas
2007-01-14, 12:19 AM
Silas nods. "Because I still have the memories of the attack. As does Iames."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 12:20 AM
((Ok, that's alright. I guess Destro will find out what Llama thinks of the pillows later))

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:21 AM
Am I supposed to be looking for an attack? I thought I was looking for... mental problems.

Silas
2007-01-14, 12:23 AM
"Well...to show Hawk here that he did attack."

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 12:24 AM
"I Did Not!"

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:28 AM
Elya sighs and looks back at Hawk, then peers into his memories, trying to find a trace of his attacking.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 12:30 AM
The last clear memory is of Hawk exploding in anger at Destro, then using his Equilibrium aura to calm down. As soon as he dispelled the Equilibrium, everything becomes blurry until He wakes up again, resurrected by The Nine.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-14, 12:30 AM
*Atreyu examines the pillows and playfully snarls as he sees Destro's name. He looks a little creeped out as the faces follow him, especially the toothy ones.*

"Shock. Thats...that's creepy. "

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:31 AM
Elya frowns and examines Silas's memory, assuming he lets her.

Silas
2007-01-14, 12:39 AM
He does. And she again sees what Hawk describes, only after he dispells the spell, she sees Hawk come in, with the intent of injuring, perhaps killing Destro. When Silas tries to stop him, Hawk attacks. Silas calls Iames to help, and a large fight breaks out. Hawk leaps for Silas, his sword aiming for Silas' throat. It must have hit and killed Silas, for the next thing shown is Silas waking up after being resurrected.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:41 AM
Elya winces and uses a Psychic Chirurgery to determine that this is not an implanted or altered memory.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-14, 12:41 AM
*Atreyu walks around the pillows to see if the kits keep following him*

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 12:45 AM
They do. Also, some of the ones that were grinning stop grinning, and some of the ones that weren't grinning start to. A couple of them get into a playful fight over the best position to watch Atreyu from.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:47 AM
Fenric watches Atreyu. Myobi finally comes in from the garden.

What's going on?

Not much, really.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-14, 12:49 AM
*atreyu kinda chuckles, but its a nervous chucklign*

Silas
2007-01-14, 12:51 AM
It isn't. It's 100% genuine memory.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:55 AM
Fenric watches Atreyu

What seems to be the trouble, Atreyu?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 12:58 AM
Elya shakes her head.
There was definitely an attack made against you by someone that appears to be Officer Hawk, and what memory he has matches up with yours...
Elya looks back into Hawk's mind.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:07 AM
There is nothing. His memory just cuts off after he dispels his Equilibrium aura.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:09 AM
Elya 'hmphs' and tries a Psychic Reformation to restore the memory, if it exists.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:11 AM
((Hawk was decidedly insane at the time between when he dispelled his aura and when he was killed and resurrected...would he still have the memory?))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 01:11 AM
Atreyu (who's player has run off to Taco Bell) tells Fenric and Myobi about the kits on pillows.

Fenric looks surprised for a moment, then laughs and laughs. Myobi sulks a bit.

Whatever gave you the idea that everyone in the temple would ask you to babysit all at once?

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:14 AM
((I would assume so, and even if it was really buried and his subconcious, Elya could at least find it))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 01:20 AM
Fenric and Myobi wave and head off to bed

(( goodnight ))

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:23 AM
Elya finds the memory in question, doing exactly what Hawk had done in Silas' memory. After Silas died, the memories show Hawk attacking Iames before finally getting felled by Kyrian with a gunshot to the head.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:24 AM
Elya shudders a little.
You did attack them.

Silas
2007-01-14, 01:25 AM
((You attacked him too, didn't you? Kyrian I mean.))

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:29 AM
((You attacked him too, didn't you? Kyrian I mean.))
((No. When Hawk tried to get Rain off of him, Aramir called Kyrian. Kyrian went up behind Hawk and tried to knock him unconscious. After Kyrian tackled Hawk, he tried to stab him, but Hawk never outright attacked him))

Hawk looks at Elya, "What?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 01:30 AM
((Oh, right. Forgot to mention earlier that the memories would probably also show that Destro told Silas to lighten up multiple times, as well as trying to get everyone to stop fighting by yelling very loudly))

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:30 AM
Elya very gently brings his memory to his attention with her mind.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:32 AM
Hawk feels the memories fading into his memory. He thinks for a moment, then jumps back, aprrehensive.

"What are you doing to my mind?! Stop implanting that crap in me!" He shouts.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:33 AM
I swear on the name of Inari that I did nothing to your memory besides bring it to your attention.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:34 AM
"No! NO! YOU'RE LYING, YOU BITCH!" Hawk screams, his arms straining against his shackles.

Silas
2007-01-14, 01:37 AM
"Calm down Hawk. It's what happened."

((And Destro, I never yelled. Otherwise I would have said "Silas yelled"))

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:38 AM
Elya back away, frightened.

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:44 AM
Hawk ignores Silas. He takes a step toward Elya.

"Don't you DARE try to trick me with your damned lies, you bitch. I'm the only person in this god-forsaken town that is not crazy or corrupt, do you hear me?! And I swear if you try to tell me or anyone else differently then I will make sure justice is served in the most horrible and slow of fashions!"

Silas
2007-01-14, 01:45 AM
"That's it!"

Silas' hand melts and forms into a rubber mallet, which he slams into the back of Hawk's head.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 01:46 AM
((Hawk is going crazy =P))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 01:47 AM
((Actually, I was saying that Destro yelled. Very loudly. No-one noticed though))

Nevrmore
((Very))

Yet another large crack issues forth from Hawk's head as the mallet connects. He drops to the floor, unconscious.

AmberVael
Elya looks to Silas, then at Hawk.

Silas
2007-01-14, 01:48 AM
((Actually, I was saying that Destro yelled. Very loudly. No-one noticed though))

((Sorry...I'm getting tired and Hawk is making it really difficult for me...))

"Sorry to trouble you Elya...Thank you for the help though."

Silas lifts Hawk and leaves.

AmberVael
2007-01-14, 01:54 AM
Elya shakes her head and vanishes.

Rebonack
2007-01-14, 01:57 AM
((Yay! Concussions for everyone!))

Nevrmore
2007-01-14, 01:58 AM
((Yay! Concussions for everyone!))
((Don't you hate it when people do that in the movies? So I decided that Hawk is slowly dying on the floor of his cell right now.))

Exachix
2007-01-14, 07:11 AM
Exachix wakes and wanders into the sanctuary, where he and Kawatu help NPCs whom come for help.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:35 AM
Ilias appears in a gust of wind and looks around.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 07:38 AM
Exachix smiles to Illias after healing an NPC.
"Hello Illias."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:39 AM
Hi. How are you?

Exachix
2007-01-14, 07:41 AM
"I'm fine, how are you?"

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 07:44 AM
((Valathe would like to remind everyone present that even NPCs have to pay for spellcasting services.))

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:47 AM
Not bad. Although my player have far too many ideas for his own good. I'm not sure I want to know what the latest plot involves.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 07:49 AM
((*cough* Exachix would like to remind Valathe that he's been remembering... about 9/10ths of the time.))

Kawatu winces slightly as a group leaves the temple, before going onto the next group, now remembering to collect costs.

((That's one out of 5 that he's forgotten.))

Exachix smiles.
"Ah, My player's content with me as I am, and he's slightly pre-occupied with getting his computer working properaly. Ah well."

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 07:52 AM
((Valathe would like to further remind everyone that NPC payment is what is paying for their food, and those who collect no payment will eat no food.))

Deadly
2007-01-14, 07:55 AM
Ilias grins Sounds like fun.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 07:56 AM
Kawatu continues his work, healing people, and collecting money. Some NPCs can't pay, so just do what they can and donate a little.

((Be back after food))

Exachix grins.

"He was swearing alot yesterday."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:00 AM
I can imagine that.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-14, 08:05 AM
((Destro would like to remind Valathe that the temple has recently recieved a large donation, and can afford to be a bit lax with payment collecting))

Exachix
2007-01-14, 08:33 AM
Exachix smiles.

"Ah well."

Kawatu finishes the last group for now and sits in a chair, waiting.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 08:53 AM
Ilias looks around and sighs Not a lot going on at this time of day

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:04 AM
Exachix shakes his head.

"Nope. Quiet can be good."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:08 AM
Sometimes. But other times a little exitement is welcome. he smiles

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 09:10 AM
Two Anthropomorphic shadowy foxes (small size), one anthropomorphic nonshadowy fox (small size), one anthropomorphic T-rex (Large size) and two anthropomorphic lions (medium size) enter the sanctuary, heavily armed and ready to strike when they see their enemy. One of the shadowy foxes walks towards exachix and smiles.

Have you seen a small fox lately, it might have claimed being transformed into that shape. It might even have claimed being a musandré or anthropomorphic mise as it's true nature.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:11 AM
Exachix shrugs.
"There's a careful balance you need to keep, not to much quiet, not to much exitement." He grins. "Too much can get strange." He sees the Foxes, and co. "Urm... well, there may have been one, why?"

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:15 AM
Ilias raises an eyebrow at the group but remains silent

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 09:17 AM
Our master has a special place in her heart for that creature, we wish to bring her to our master.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:20 AM
Exachix hmms.

"I may know, what do you mean by 'special place'? Was it/he/she a lover of your master?"

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 09:22 AM
Well, not exactly a lover.

The Voxandré schadon doesn't seem to want to answer this question.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:26 AM
Exachix smiles.

"Ok, I may know who you mean, he came here not long ago. And wanted healing, I think he's still in town."

Saurous
2007-01-14, 09:32 AM
A small black portal opens in the temple, and Saurous walks out of it. Actually, "walked out" isn't the right phrase for it. "Thrown out" would be closer to the truth.

I will never get used to that...

Saurous then walks over to the group

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 09:34 AM
It might not be apparant to your eyes, but we're looking for a female creature. We're also looking for Voxendi, the traitor. According to our latest information he joined up with your temple.

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:36 AM
Conrad wakes up.

And at that note, you all might want to leave.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:38 AM
Exachix raises his eyebrow and smiles.

"Well now you've given me a name I can help you." His tone of voice changes slightly. "Voxendi is no longer of your concern then. I strongly advise, given the look of your group, that you forget about Voxendi."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:39 AM
Ilias sighs and rolls his eyes a bit

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 09:45 AM
According to the laws of the Voxendré Schadon, of which Voxendi Schadon is a part, traitors to the clan are to be brought to the clan mother. Tell him we're waiting for him at location 65.34.89.12.45.10.25 and that he is to appear there within 24 hours, failure to comply will result in punishment, punishment I might add which is factured into the clan curse. No effects other than antimagic can be used to stop this punishment.

The group leaves.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:47 AM
Ilias raises an eyebrow Odd that they would say that last part like that.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:48 AM
Exachix smiles faintly and writes it down on a small peice of parchment, an Acolyte runs off with it and posts it under Voxendi's door.

Voxendi.
A couple of people came for you, and they said this:
"According to the laws of the Voxendré Schadon, of which Voxendi Schadon is a part, traitors to the clan are to be brought to the clan mother. Tell him we're waiting for him at location 65.34.89.12.45.10.25 and that he is to appear there within 24 hours, failure to comply will result in punishment, punishment I might add which is factured into the clan curse. No effects other than antimagic can be used to stop this punishment."
Just so you know.

--
Exachix

He frowns.
"Somebody's going to be dissapointed."

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:49 AM
Means they're either lying, or just dumb. I vote for the latter.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 09:50 AM
Ilias nods and grins at Conrad I agree. Can't be too clever, that's for sure.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 09:52 AM
Voxendi wakes up, gets dressed and enters the sanctuary, apparently not noticing the note.

Goodmorning everyone, anything interesting happened while I was asleep?

Exachix
2007-01-14, 09:54 AM
Exachix smiles.

"Interesting group though. Fools, but that's the only problem I can see."

Seing no-one else replying.

"Voxendi, some people came to get you today, something about a curse and a traitory thing."

Deadly
2007-01-14, 10:21 AM
Ilias breaks out of his plot-planning-coma and nods politely at Voxendi

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 10:26 AM
Interesting, they probably also said something about the clan mother and gave a series of numbers as my destination to meet up with them?

Exachix
2007-01-14, 10:28 AM
Exachix nodds.

"Yep." He thinks for a second. "Do you know anything about this? What do they mean?"

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 10:32 AM
Well, I kinda betrayed my clan, well the clan mother to be precise. And know she wants to see blood. I was supposed to track down Murelia Escapado and get her to join my clan mothers side.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 10:34 AM
Exachix nodds.

"Right, and you've betrayed them, why did you deny their request, and is this some sort of clan war or something?"

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 10:39 AM
Because the clan mother is an evil kitsune bitch, she's also my great grand mother. And this isn't exactly a clan war, the clan mother is trying to move my homeplane to ravenloft, we just escaped from ravenloft a year ago, after having lived there for hundreds of years.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 10:41 AM
Exachix nodds.

"And you want no part in it? Fair enough."

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 10:45 AM
That's basically it, yes.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 10:47 AM
Exachix shrugs, before looking too the door. "and so what do they mean by a curse? It can be lifted or something?"

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 10:50 AM
Yes, it can be lifted, if you can slay a caster level 30, optimised kitsune sorceress with a yet to be balanced PRC.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 10:50 AM
Hospital

Daerbain's eyes open and he looks from side to side, obviously in pain. "Why...did this have...to happen..."

Exachix
2007-01-14, 10:52 AM
Exachix hmms.

"Any other way?"

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 10:55 AM
Not as far as anyone knows.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 10:59 AM
Exachix sighs.

"Well...We can try and solve it some how..."

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 11:02 AM
People from my clan have tried to break it for ages, all failed.

((I GTG))

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:04 AM
((Okay then, good luck Gezina))

He sighs.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 11:13 AM
Fenric, having returned to continuity for today, is back in WinterHearth.

Kazuki walks out of the shadows in a corner, and Myobi walks in looking grouchy. Krystal walks in looking a little sick.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:14 AM
Exachix hmms and looks concerndly at them.

"Urm... Good Morning?"

Saurous
2007-01-14, 11:15 AM
Saurous teleports out of the temple and off to somewhere. Only he knows where.

Deadly
2007-01-14, 11:16 AM
Ilias nods to Kazuki and Myobi Hi.

Fenric
2007-01-14, 11:18 AM
Myobi grumbles about irresponsible kits and people who burn plants, but waves to Ilias.

Krystal comes over to Exachix and sits down, looking rather sorry for herself.

Kazuki also waves, then takes a seat.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:20 AM
Exachix looks at Myobi, before looking at Krystal.

"What's the matter dear?"

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 11:25 AM
Hospital

Daerbain looks around the Hospital Wing for anyone nearby, still in pain. "...help..."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 11:25 AM
Krystal looks at Exachix

The same thing that will be wrong every morning for the next four weeks. I thank the goddess I'm not a human.
[hr]

( Hospital )
The healers come over to the man who is so obviously in pain. At a loss for any further spells to try, they bring him a small amount of poppy gum in brandy.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 11:26 AM
Valathe enters the Sanctuary and sits in her niche, staring quietly at the floor.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:28 AM
Exachix smiles faintly.

"Ah, ok then." He wraps and arm around her and Kawatu goes off to help some NPCs that have come in, one with a minorly bleeding arm.

[Hospital]

Mitsuya wanders in and sees Daerbain.

"urm... what's wrong."

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 11:29 AM
Daerbain looks annoyedly at the Poppy Gum in Brandy and winces, putting a hand to his forehead. "...my mind...is on...fire..."

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:31 AM
Misuya thinks.
"Ok..." Calm Emotions. "I don't know how to help you really."

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 11:34 AM
The spell doesn't seem to do a great deal of help. Daerbain calms down significantly, but is still in obvious pain. "...please...no..."

Fenric
2007-01-14, 11:34 AM
Myobi looks up at Valathe in her niche, and scowls even more. A shimmering of light appears, and a snow-white fox with purple eyes pads out.

You need to get a grip on yourself, Myobi. You're going to make me look reasonable soon at the rate you are going.

avatar-Myobi pads over to Valathe

Let's get back to work, here.

aMyobi peers back in time to look at the fire that started this whole mess.
[hr]

( Hospital )

The healers take the pain-reliever away and look through the psionic medicines for something that might help.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:39 AM
[Hosptial]
Mitsuya helps.

[Sanc.]
Kawatu finishes with the NPCs and remembers to get some money, even though he doesn't feel very good about it, but he knows he should, and sits back down.

Exachix watches AMyobi help Valathe, then looks at nMyobi, but doesn't really want to say anything to her, then he sighs and smiles to Krystal.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 11:41 AM
Daerbain clutches his forehead, now visibly trembling. A hideous, insane smile spreads over his face, then disappears.

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 11:44 AM
((Do you want a flashback? She's told people about this.))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 11:48 AM
(( No: You get to tell us WHY that fire was so weird now. Mundane fire can't do these things. ))

( Hospital )

One of the healers pulls out a power stone that is labelled "Psionic Restoration" and reads the label. He puts it back with a shake of his head.

I wish Elya was here...

The other shrugs

Should we call holy Myobu?

They both look at Mitsuya.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 11:51 AM
[Hospital]
Mitsuya shrugs.
"Well, I suppose that's all left, unless you want to try the stone."

Hoseki
2007-01-14, 11:54 AM
((Ah, okay.))

Though the fire seemed to Valathe to be pretty normal, if rather distressing, it was in fact caused by a leak of highly volatile energy from the Plane of Anarchic Energy. It ignited the lamp oil and scarred the very SOULS of Einkil and Valathe.

((Dun-dun-DUN!))

Fenric
2007-01-14, 12:04 PM
( Hospital )

The healer looks a bit embarrassed I don't actually know how to use it.
[hr]
( Sanctuary )

avatar-Myobi looks concerned and relieved at the same time

Well... the good news is that the fire really wasn't either of their fault. The bad news is that the nature of the fire was... unpleasant to say the least. First things first, then...

avatar-Myobi gently uses Modify Memory to add a few appropriate special effects making the nature of the original fire clear to Valathe.

Now... next

She looks less far back to find the next event that contributed to Valathe's current state.

Exachix
2007-01-14, 12:06 PM
[Hospital]
Mitsuya sighs.

"Well then, it's Myobu..." She looks back at Daerbain.

Cathrindir
2007-01-14, 12:09 PM
Daerbain is still trembling, muttering to no one in particular, "He's trying to crush me...crush my life..."