PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation wars.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Tris
2013-12-08, 11:56 AM
"Um, hello" Travis says. "Well, what do we do now? Do we finally get to settle down somewhere, or do we have to go on another crazy whirlwind adventure through more bizarre locations."

3SecondCultist
2013-12-08, 12:28 PM
"It's probably closer to twenty magic systems." James had decided to stand, to give himself a better view of the proceedings. Wary of sitting of sitting down with this new entity, he continued to use Sylar's telekinetic prowess in order to keep himself aloft. A faint ghostly presence at his side alerted him to Ciara's approach.
Okay... so does anyone know anything about this 'Oracle'?
As I said before, Lord Repositor, we all have our parts to play. She said she would answer our questions, so why not simply ask her? he is sitting right there, after all.
That is, assuming we can trust her.
I see no reason why not. I mean, she would hardly have brought all of us out to... wherever this is otherwise. James edged closer to the clock-faced figure. He had more than a few questions for her, and hopefully she would tell the truth. If not, Sylar's lie detection ability would kick in and alert him to any form of falsehood.
"Hello, Oracle. I'm sure you already know, but my name is James Valborn, and as a matter of fact, we all have questions. I'll repeat Erik and Travis in wondering why you brought us, and what is to be done with us after this meeting. But I would also like to know why we were chosen, specifically."

D20ragon
2013-12-08, 12:49 PM
The Oracles face ticks slowly.
I believe you all know why you were chosen.
She points at each of you in turn.
You all carry a burden within your soul, do you not? And though it is true, the beings inside of you have great power, rest assured, it is you yourselves that are of the most import, not merely the incarnations that reside in your immortal souls. As for why the multiverses greatest heroes and villains are called together, I in truth do not fully know. However, I will attempt to show you, as soon as Death brings us the last two members of our gathering.

Almost as soon as she finishes speaking, the ceiling splits down the middle, two young men tumbling to the floor, alongside a young girl, 13 or so, dressed in a sweatshirt and black jeans. Her hair is brown, cut long under her mushroom head cap.
Here they are! she laughs, dropping to the floor.
What a time we had getting here!
And who are you?
She asks, shaking her hair.
I'm death, of course. Pleased to meetcha!

ArlEammon
2013-12-08, 12:54 PM
"Death. . . ? That's a little odd. He seems so familiar, yet none of the souls in me seem to recognize him. They all think he's familiar as well, even though none of them seemed to have had a direct person to person meeting with . . . her?"

"Um hello. . . death."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-08, 01:21 PM
Though startled by the fact that time literally has a clock face, Daniel still remembers enough of his manners to offer a short bow before pulling out one of the last empty chairs and sitting down. As he waits through the rest of the crew asking their questions, he fiddles with the lapels of his new jacket, jumping out of his chair as the ceiling begins to descend, he bows again, deeper this time, as Death introduces herself. "Hello," he replies, "it's very nice to meet you. My name is Daniel, and, by the way, have you ever met a man by the name of Neil Gaiman?"

D20ragon
2013-12-08, 01:46 PM
Gaimen, Gaimen...
Deaths pert face clouds, then brightens.
Oh! Gaimen! Of course, he's one of my favorites! I used to read myself to sleep, She adds in a confidential manner.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-08, 01:54 PM
"Ever read his Sandman comic? I feel like you would find one of the characters in it to be very relatable."

Hemnon
2013-12-08, 02:12 PM
Having first been strolling along the sidewalk, on his way for a sandwich, Jason suddenly found himself envelopped in darkness and then after what felt like an eternity, he landed face-first against some sort of floor, where a group of people was standing around.

"Ouch....." he groaned against the floor.

ArlEammon
2013-12-08, 03:09 PM
Jacob hurried to pick the newcomer off the floor. "Oh sorry about this. Fate has a funny sense of humor and by that, I don't mean humorous. I have no idea how you ended up here, sir." He took a deep breath."Be prepared for the biggest shock of your life, dude, you are about to enter the Twilight Zone."

Hemnon
2013-12-08, 04:01 PM
Jason rubbed his forehead and took Jacob's hand and got to His feet.
"Wh-where am I? and who are you lot and what's the Twilight Zone? Only heard of the Twilight movies... and I kinda wish Fate had less humor and more practicality." Jason seemed quite confused and kinda out of it at the moment, though he still had a vague level of clarity.

Tris
2013-12-08, 05:17 PM
Travis answers the newcomer saying, "We are... somewhere at some time talking to Time or the Oracle, and even she doesn't know why we're here besides that fact that we are all reincarnations of powerful people from various works of fiction, or rather non-fiction it seems. You should be meeting yours soon."

ArlEammon
2013-12-08, 05:53 PM
"Things have gone bonkers. You on the other hand, unless you hit your head harder than we all thought, are not bonkers. What is about to follow is not a dream, a drug induced hallucination or a bit of undigested beef. You are, either fortunately or unfortunately, a "Chosen One", also called a "Namer". Which means you possess the souls of at least four different characters who have appeared in some form of fictional medium in Earth's culture.

"You possess access to all of their powers, and perhaps weaknesses, I don't know about the latter but I can vouch a little for the former."

Hemnon
2013-12-08, 05:56 PM
Blinking very confused, Jason was about to ask 'Meet Who?' when suddenly a bunch of voices answered said question before he even spoke it out loudly.

"I think the Fella is talking about Me and the others. I'm Sgt. Nathaniel Renkov." One voice said.
"And I'm The Doctor, Nothing else, just The Doctor." The next voice said.
"I'm Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, Son of Anakin Skywalker." The third voice said.
"And I'm the Ghost Rider, Justice is my thing and Punishment is what i do." The final growling voice said.

"Oh.... Well, guess that answered my question." Jason muttered to himself. "So... hi everyone... inside my head.... Wait a minute... am i crazy??" he said out loud, for everyone, including the 4 voices in his head, of whom he each knew who where. first was from a game, second is from a tv series, third is from Star Wars and the last is from the Marvel Universe.... wow, he must be going crazy, he thought to himself once more.

"No you're not."
"No You're not, mate."
"No you're not."
"No you aren't."

all four of the voices in his head said to him at the same time, creeping Him out even more.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-08, 06:19 PM
Oh look, more Namers. Isn't this just so wonderful?
At least we are seeing more displays of power outside our own respective dominions, dear Crafter. The Lord Repositor must bear witness to the power of the others in order to certify his own place in the new hierarchy. It is the only natural course of events.
I'm sorry, but I do not follow. What are you talking about, Valkyrie?
Ah, thank you High Priest; someone with some manners at last. I am talking about the struggle to come, all of the movements in twilit tandem. It's like a dance, but the music lies beyond the stars. When the scope and volume reach a crescendo, that will be the time for His action. Until that day, I will simply wait, listen, and guide the Lord Repositor as I have done up to this point.
Tell me, are you naturally predisposed to talking nonsense, or are you just doing it to annoy all of us?
Both, I think. But it's hardly my fault if none of you understand what will come after. Although he listened to the three incarnations, James took no part in the debate. Even before all of this, he had always hated it when people stood and talked about you as if you weren't there. Instead, he focused his attention outward, at the scene unfolding around him. Sylar hadn't alerted him to any trickery on the part of the Oracle, but given what had happened with Fate, he wasn't ruling out the possibility that her own powers greatly surpassed his own. Catching her in a lie with any particular power right now could prove to be impossible. Best to just smile and nod. Everything would sort itself out - hopefully the demonstration that the Oracle had promised was on the way. The individual that called herself Death made him nervous, so instead James moved to greet the new arrival, offering a warm smile and an outstretched hand.
"Hey there. The name is Valborn. Sorry, I'm kind of new at this too, figured I would just introduce myself like the others are doing. Did you get picked up in a dimension hopping balloon as well?"

ArlEammon
2013-12-08, 07:16 PM
"So um. . . You're the Doctor. You have a very good reputation even in this universe you were written in. In fact, you are so competent that I would be afraid of you if I had to ever face you, and I have some enormously competent people from my past lives. Hey Doctor, I'd like to ask you some questions, as soon as we have free time and stuff. You can tell me about your heroics and I can tell you about my villainy." Jake half-joked.

D20ragon
2013-12-11, 09:35 PM
Time clears her throat, and Death plops to the floor, arms wrapped around her legs, staring raptly up at Time.

You are all together, Time says. It is not a question.

I shall show you one way of things. It may not be what will happen. There are unaccounted for aspects, and I do not, despite my name, have enough time to sift through them all.

Her eyes spin, each one in a different direction. When they stop with a click, they are eyes no more. Each one is a hourglass. As you watch, they turn over, once, and then again. Golden sand in one and silver in the other trickle down constantly.

Death snuggles up to Daniel. It's just getting to the good part, she whispers to him.

The one you seek is slaughter, the oracle intones.

you will confront him in the form of a man known as Jack the Ripper. He is strong. However.

The oracle does not finish her sentence. Rather, all at once you are standing in a dilapidated building. A man in a black suit and bowler hat lies dead on the snow that drifts through the ruined ceiling. His face is twisted in a grimace, and a pair of ruined gloves lie beside him. You shiver. A cold wind blows through, carrying the Oracles voice. You will defeat him.

All at once you are back in the cluttered room.
See? Isn't it great? Death whispers.

I love it when she does the pictures!

Or...
Times voice is lost amid the noise. The far wall is torn open, by what looks to be a hand crafted of bone, sinew and iron forces its way through, staining the carpet with the blood dripping off the talons. A nightmare of a body burst through after that. Splinters go flying into your eyes, as a 10 foot tall form steps into the room. The air fills with the smell of blood, the cloying sweet scent of rot and the sound of ripping bone. The form stalks toward the Oracle, it's grey skinless flesh rippling, the red veins standing out.

Come my friends and breath your last,
all will be forgotten.
Nothing left but pain and terror,
blood and meat all rotten,
The being croons. He grins at you, his teeth rusted iron, and thrusts his claw through the Oracles back.
His hand erupts through her chest, between her breasts, dripping gore on her jacket.

Her body falls to the floor, sliding off his arm, You here bones snap and crack as the being steps on Time, towards you.
Death wimpers, and buries her face in Daniels chest. The hooked hand reaches toward her, seizing her hair.

The being vanishes. From where the Oracle lies on the floor, her voice whispers.

That is Slaughter. Go quickly. The ship will take you there.

Deaths tears slowly wet Daniels shirt.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-11, 09:54 PM
Hugging Death close as the images appear around them, Daniel whispers something into her ear that he hopes will bring her some comfort. "As long as I live, and as long I have the power, I swear to you, on the bones of my grandfather, I will do my damnedest to make sure that none of these things ever come to pass or come to harm you." Swinging his new jacket off of his shoulder, he drapes it over Death. Trying to stand, Daniel leans down to hug her again, gently trying to disentangle himself from her grasp.

ArlEammon
2013-12-11, 10:05 PM
"Well hey in case we get to avenge the Oracle's death, I will have fun knowing that I"m slaughtering someone who's better off dead for the world's sake. Let's get to cracking, I have someone to hunt down." Jake stated ominiously.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-11, 10:23 PM
Wait, did that just happen? Did the Oracle just get killed?!
Looks like, but maybe not. We had better check it out, in any case. Rushing over to check on the figures, James gestured for the other Namers to help him. But as he began to move, the truth of the matter began to sink in.
She... she predicted her own death. Just now, she said that she was running out of time. Nonetheless, fear crept into James at the thought of the anthropomorphic personification of Time being dead. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any universal repercussions. He slowed. They needed to go after Slaughter. The Oracle had died, and perhaps even knowingly given up her own life to deliver that message. The significance of that was not lost on James. Heading to climb aboard the ship, he passed Death and patted her gently on the shoulder. She was clearly more shaken up than anyone else here. Once aboard, he turned and gestured for all the other Namers to do the same.

ArlEammon
2013-12-12, 12:22 AM
"Okay. . . so the ship. . . is there another. . . I assume that the ship is the one we came in on. . .the uh. . . ship. . . yes. . .I'm going, and I'll meet you there. Come on people don't take all day, we don't have a moment to spare." Jacob was careful not to say "time to spare."

Tris
2013-12-12, 02:59 AM
"Yeah, we need to move quickly. The Oracle told us to be fast." Travis says as he rushes aboard the ship. He still holds the sword he had picked up earlier.

Hemnon
2013-12-12, 10:08 AM
Jason still feels all overwhelmed from it all, and the voices in his head didn't help at all. At least he had the mental capacity to just follow along and hope it all made sense later.... or he woke up from this dream... if it was a dream at all.

silphael
2013-12-12, 01:57 PM
Ugh I'm gonna -

No you won't, I ensured that.

Oh. The way back is ready, too?

You're already understanding that far? Good.

"What are you talking about? I'm already aboard, although I'm not seeing the use of a ship right now, I could be wrong though."

And, indeed, he was already aboard, apparently drawing odd signs on different things.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-12, 04:12 PM
"Alright, people. Let's go kill that guy and get this over with."

Battle stations, people. Senses up, weapons ready. Let's do this thing.
Anything I can do? I don't really know the routine.
Just follow along. You'll get used to it soon enough. What it really amounts to is each of us taking over when our specialty comes up.
Just about. Shall we talk to Idrian, make sure he's on our side?
Nah, let's just keep an eye on him. See what he does on his own.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-12, 04:33 PM
"Bloody hells but that went fast," Daniels says as he jumps onto the ship. "You know, for beings with even more power than us, you'd think that they'd have some way of defending themselves. Wonder if that was supposed to be a sacrifice play."

It may have looked a bit like one, but I was powerless when that creature burst in as well.

I could feel the hope draining from me as it charged...

I don't think any one of us five could have stood up to it on our own.

D20ragon
2013-12-12, 05:27 PM
The ship turns, seemingly of its own accord.

As it sails out the closet door, you catch a glimpse of death, hugging Daniels jacket and sobbing quietly, before the door slams shut, and your are adrift in the multiverse once more.

In the center of the deck is a sign post, with arrows pointing in every direction. Each arrow seems to be the iron and flesh hand of Slaughter, dripping Times blood slowly off their fingers.
Or perhaps it is a trick of an overweary mind, nothing more.

Tris
2013-12-12, 05:31 PM
Travis just stands there holding his sword staring at the sign. "What is this?"

silphael
2013-12-12, 05:57 PM
"Except the symbol of Chaos from Warhammer, I see nothing else. Well, could be a lot of things, too."

Sentry, get ready, I'm gonna change his body basis to yours. More or less, he'll keep his appearance... to a degree : that'll go through "human" definition of what is needed for this kind of power : we'll have to thanks all the comics, that makes things easy.

I'm gonna power up anything I can.

You're really thinking I'm not enough?

You could try to use my sword, but I'm not sure it could resist that kind of power...

Guys, I'm there. Whatever you're planning to do, I want to stay as I am.

You'll stay the way you are, don't bother.

D20ragon
2013-12-12, 06:39 PM
The sign fades back to normal faded wood, carved with the following words in a flowery script: Hub. Commons. Bunks. Bridge.
The rest are labeled Unexplored.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-12, 06:52 PM
"Well, damn. Uh, just in case these are in fact sleep-deprivation induced hallucinations, I'm going to head down to the bunk and catch some sleep." Kicking the nearest sign a few times to see if the thing'll turn itself back into the creepy-ass, Daniel turns to follow the signs down the middle of the deck.

Tris
2013-12-12, 06:54 PM
"Unexplored." Travis mutters. "Well, I assume the ship knows where it's going. I guess we'll just have to wait."

Travis does not seem ready to sleep. He paces around the deck swinging his sword testing out his new blade.

I've never held a sword in my lifetime, but it feels so natural.

I have had lifetimes of experience.

And, I have wielded a sword in battle many times myself.

D20ragon
2013-12-12, 06:59 PM
Daniel.
As you speak, the bunk arrow spins to point at you, creaking softly. In a blur, you fade from the deck, to reappear in a bed, snugly tucked in with a scarlet comforter. On the bedside table a cup of tea sits steaming alongside a covered tray. Your clothes are hung in a closet, and you are dressed in silk pajamas. The room is dimly lit by a floating flame above the foot of the bed.

The arrow spins back to its original position, where the rest of you still stand.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-12, 07:18 PM
Curiosity was such a peculiar emotion. It so often stood at the side of fear, and yet they were all but anathema. In his studies, James had often found the two much like old companions, reunited after a time apart. And it was such a synthesis that gripped him now. He shut out the incarnations for the moment; they were no doubt preparing for the moment they would guide him into battle, and he could make this one choice on his own.
"I think the bridge seems interesting. Would anyone like to join me?" Already anticipating a response from one of the other Namers, James began to walk in the direction of the sign.

D20ragon
2013-12-12, 07:32 PM
James.
The arrow rotates slowly in your direction, and you are whisked away to a chamber in what seem to be the prow of the ship. The walls and ceilings are a glass-like substance, giving a view of the myriad universes, galaxies worlds and stranger things the ship sails calmly through. Several recliners float a few inches from the ground, spinning slowly, as does the round glowing orb in the center of the room. The sound of flowing water issues from somewhere.

ArlEammon
2013-12-12, 08:00 PM
"I'm going to the bridge. . . I would make a Star Trek joke, but I have no idea where to begin with something like this. So, without further ado, I suppose I'll be going."

Tris
2013-12-12, 08:03 PM
"You don't suppose there might be a place with water on this ship?"

Erik Vale
2013-12-12, 08:12 PM
"Well, if we're going to split up unequiped while a power killing abomination is on the loose, I might as well go where there may be more people."
Erik moves towards the commons.

D20ragon
2013-12-12, 08:29 PM
James and Jacob.
A door unlocks, and Jacob steps through, looking slightly frayed around the edges. He solidifys somewhat, and finds himself in the bridge, next to the glowing sphere.

Erik.
You find yourself in a dim room, with a woven rug on the floor. A fire burns in a hearth, above which is a cloudy mirror with the word Speech engraved into the frame. The room is filled with armchairs. The ceiling is wooden, as are the floors, and a wardrobe fills one wall. Two doors lead out of the room, each rather plain and old fashioned.

Travis.

No sooner do you speak, you fade away, reforming on a grassy knoll next to a pool. The sky is blue, scattered with puffy clouds. In the distance is forest, and to your back is a small creek, running into the pool, and filling the air with the sound of running water, mingling with the birdsongs and crickets.

Tris
2013-12-12, 08:57 PM
"Perfect!" Looking around, Travis says to himself, "This certainly is more than a ship." After putting his sword down, he waves his arms to gather some of the water into a spherical shape in front of him. His eyes beam with excitement. "Fantastic!"

Erik Vale
2013-12-12, 10:05 PM
The room suddenly brightens as Erik uses Sonea's magic to brighten the room, he looks himself over in the mirror.
"You lot just being in here seems to be giving me bulk. I wonder if I could find my gear in the wardrobe. Well, what should I say to you?"
Erik concludes looking at the mirror as he walks towards the wardrobe, opening it.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-12, 11:33 PM
Rob simply stands next to the signpost. He has no need for sleep, having just woken, but he does want to keep an eye on James. He speaks at the arrows: "The bridge, please." In his mind, he shouts along with the command, bending his will at the sign in case it operates via telepathy.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-12, 11:39 PM
"Bloody hells, I wasn't expecting to get into bed this quickly." Rolling himself out of the bed, Daniel pads over to the closet, snagging the cup of tea and uncovering the tray on his way. Pulling open the doors as he slurps on the cooling tea, he gasps in astonishment at what is contained within. "Damn, that is a whole hell of a lot of clothes. No way this is all mine"

D20ragon
2013-12-13, 07:25 AM
Erik.
The wardrobe is empty, its back wall showing plainly, though at the same time it feels full of something.

Rob.

You enter the bridge to find James and Jacob there, seated on the floating armchairs.

Daniel.

As you look around, something catches your eye. The pockets of your old clothes are glowing slightly with a cold radiance.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-13, 09:27 AM
Truly incredible, isn't it? The stars?
It's not like we haven't seen them before, you know.
That's... never mind. I guess some things really are wasted on immortals. You see everything, and soon nothing gets to you. What are you doing over there, Rashek?
Examining my metal supplies. I noticed a little while ago that some of my metalminds were depleted, and my Allomantic reserves are just as low right now. Even as the former Lord Ruler spoke, James knew the truth of his words. He had some steel, some iron, some pewter and some tin left in his system, and the various bracelets that ringed his forearms did seem remarkably empty. But how was it that he felt these things? Was it just Rashek working through him, or was it the other way around? There were still so many things about this scenario that deeply bothered him, so many unanswered questions about what he could do.

He paused as he felt Jacob, and later Rob enter the room. The former he was glad to see, and of the latter he was still a bit wary. Rob was still mostly an unknown to him, a figure of his past. Perhaps he had come to spy on James, although he conceded that there were many reasons for coming onto the bridge. The view, for one.
"I wonder where this ship is going to take us next? You both seem intelligent enough, make an educated guess."

Hemnon
2013-12-13, 10:07 AM
The sheer size and coolness of the ship was more than enough to make him forget about his extra voices in his head. well, at least until he thought so and suddenly the voices began chiding him for forgetting about them and such.

Jason remained silent and just tried to gulp it all down without choking.

ArlEammon
2013-12-13, 10:08 AM
"I can only hope it doesn't bring us to the magical Pony Land or something. That would be undeniably weird. And I would know I was going insane, if I didn't have hyper intelligent beings in my mind."

Tris
2013-12-13, 10:30 AM
After messing around with the water for a bit, Travis picks up his sword again. How can I combine my waterbending and sword fighting he thinks as he looks at his blade. Then, he looks down at the pool. "It would be nice if I had a bit more water than this."

D20ragon
2013-12-13, 03:45 PM
Travis.

The ground quivers, then replaces itself with an ocean, save for the rock you no stand upon. You gaze around in wonder, as the spray wets your face, running into your mouth, filling your nose and ears with the cold salty smell of the sea, the pounding of waves, the screech of seagulls.

Erik Vale
2013-12-13, 05:00 PM
Erik cautiously reaches in, feels a handle, and pulls out a silver sword.
"Ok, wow."
'My silver sword... It's been so long since I've held this piece of crap...'
'Well I guess we know what's in there. How about we walk in and out, I almost garuntee we'll be fully armed and armored.'
'I don't know if the deck could hold up spartan armor, but yes. Let's.'

Erik walks into the cupboard, preparing to turn and walk out.

ArlEammon
2013-12-13, 05:27 PM
"Three out of twelve isn't bad." Jacob said. "I'm surprised I didn't recommend we all avoid splitting up unless we only split the group in half. That wouldn't be so bad. Oh well, it's too late for regret now, I think. . . does anyone think this was a bad idea to just jump into the fray without thinking?"

silphael
2013-12-13, 06:33 PM
If I let the ship makes me move that way, I'm gonna have issues, but it makes things easier too.

Rapidly building a mental map of the ship in his head - map showing odd dimensions and not showing any secret hidden within that ship, but a quick map, usable in order to be sure where to go - Ethan kept on gathering power for the fight to come.

You know, if you want power, I can grant you some, you may not like the price though...

Each of us has hidden ressources... and those often better stay hidden.

In since such a short time and already offering to buy his soul wizard? Tss...

Not that price anyway. And I'm no mere "wizard", I'm a Maje.

I still wonder how you manage to make us hear that you write it with a "j"...

DoctorFaust
2013-12-13, 06:39 PM
Daniel gropes around in the pocket of his old jeans until he feels his hand catch around a string, and pulls it out. Pulling out the thin silver chain, it turns out that on the end hangs a finely wrought silver foxhead. "Damn. Is this really yours, Mat? Mother's milk in a cup. It does appear to be. And I think I see some more of your guys' stuff down there. Just gimme a second to dig it up."

Tris
2013-12-13, 08:37 PM
"Oh, my!" Travis says when he is startled by the sudden appearance of the ocean. Then, he grins and leaps into the water. He swings his arms around gathering his energy and comes bursting out with a funnel of water beneath him. With the water whirling below, he gazes over the ocean from his new vantage point with his sword held high.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-13, 09:05 PM
"Nah," replies Rob to Jacob, "Jumping right into it is pretty much standard procedure. We kick some ass and take some numbers, and try to avoid going completely insane."

He stands near the control panels of the ship's bridge, not taking a seat. If trouble finds them, he wants it to find him standing and ready to fight.

ArlEammon
2013-12-14, 06:18 PM
"If the latter hasn't happened already, I sincerely look forward to the former." Jake stated. "Okay, so . . . what do you think this glowing sphere is?" He asked, touching it, before puling his finger back. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-14, 08:50 PM
Rob glances back at Jake. "Well, only one way to find out. The trick is, next time, to get someone else to volunteer instead."

D20ragon
2013-12-14, 09:25 PM
Travis.

The water rises about you, whirling freely at your command. You spin your arms, and redness flies to your eyes. A strong metallic taste rises in your throat, and your stomach rebels, trying to force it's way up.

Jake.

Your finger resists your attempts to remove it from the globe.
When you finally do pull it out, it brings a lever of solid light along with it.

Tris
2013-12-14, 09:28 PM
"Agh! Get me out of here!" Travis shouts desperately.

D20ragon
2013-12-14, 09:34 PM
Travis.

You glance around wildly, and through the whirling water below you, you make out a faint ruddy glow. It rushes towards you, and before you can move, you are falling, your concentration broken, falling through a fountain of blood, broken and mangled limbs smashing against your body, your eyes filled with red.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-14, 09:39 PM
"I get the feeling that madness is relative though, isn't it?" James regretted the words as soon as he said them. What kind of moronic statement was that? He had read enough on the matter to know that the moment someone thought themselves above madness was when they had fallen beyond redemption - the Kantus-Meridian Effect was remarkably clear, actually. Not that he especially trusted 28th century psychology, though.
Wait, where did you learn that term from?
D-don't one of you know what that is? Maybe I'm accessing your memories somehow? The Hall of Perception suddenly grew very quiet, as both Sylar and Rashek turned to face James with expressions of identical dread.
That's not from us. You must have gotten that from... before.
Before you blocked out my memories?
Something like that. This shouldn't even be happening, or we would have felt the effects of your old self.
I can go and check the barrier, make a few additions to keep you as you are.
Uh... sure. Just try to keep all collateral damage to a minimum, okay?
As you wish. His dark cloak sweeping behind him, Rashek turned and headed into the darkness that made up the far wall of the hall. There was a flash of light and the Terrisman was gone, stepped through a door that disappeared as quickly as it opened. Although he only caught a glimpse, James made out what looked like a desert, full of glass skyscrapers. How big was this mindscape, anyway? He had the feeling he wouldn't like the answer.

Getting up and moving to where Rob and Jacob stood around the glowing sphere, James took a moment to examine the energy field. Whatever was happening in his head was beyond his control, but this he was a problem he could fix in his own time. He felt Sylar's Intuitive Aptitude taking over, the functions of his brain heightened to supernatural levels, grasping at a place between the mechanics of it all. When the lever appeared, he just smiled.
"Shall we pull it?"

ArlEammon
2013-12-14, 09:43 PM
"We could go back and inform the others of this lever we found. We don't know the specifics of this ship but I could understand it if I could look inside it's database. Apocalypse is an evil monster by heart but he has a mind as brilliant as an entire city of Einsteins. I suggest that I not have to do anything else until we could act more responsibly. I apologize I had acted so impetously."

Tris
2013-12-14, 09:48 PM
Travis flails about swinging his sword blindly. He also attempts to freeze to water around him. His empathy subconsciously lashes out at the mind of the assailant if it has one.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-14, 10:21 PM
Rob looks to James, questioningly. "Aren't you supposed to be able to take one look at it and tell me exactly how it works, or something like that?"

Erik Vale
2013-12-15, 12:34 AM
And when Erik walked out, he wished he could see inside his suit.
It wasn't quite Six's suit, it was a little taller and broader, to accomodate for the changes in him.
He was never really muscular, but now he had the body of one thoroughly boosted by the stripped down gene and hormone therapy of one who had undergone Spartan-III augmentation, one kept in a constant peak of physical condition.
That was further heightened, by not-truly-existent years of walking around with a adamantium coated skeleton.

And whilst it covered up his back mag-locks, his back was covered with bags of holding.
"Woh... I think it's starting to sink in more."

silphael
2013-12-15, 04:20 PM
Ethan voice became audible by anyone on the ship :

"I think the watery old man met something dangerous, anyone nearby?"

He launches a rope in the water, the rope going down to the riddles, opposite end kept in Ethan's hand. Oddly enough, through the current the rope keep going to Tarvis.

ArlEammon
2013-12-15, 07:37 PM
"We've found an odd lever on the bridge. Oh and by the way, I can sense violent emotions in one of us. I only now just noticed it's from someone other than me. . . . someone needs checking up on, and they are in terror." Jacob stated matter of factly.

D20ragon
2013-12-15, 08:07 PM
Travis.

A echoing scream, the sound of gunfire and knives and rending flesh and tearing bone fill your ears.
The face of Slaughter appears before you, blood running through his gray jaws
full of rusted knives, bullet holes where his eyes should be.
Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a rope descend from the sky.

10 mad kids on a crazy boat,
Trying so hard to keep afloat.
I'll snap their spines and gut them all,
Nail their skins onto my wall...

What say you? Shall you die too?
He asks, peering at Travis.

Tris
2013-12-15, 09:03 PM
"DIE DEMON!" Travis yells at Slaughter. With all the energy he can muster, he swings at the face that appears before him. The sword is enveloped in white flame.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-15, 09:05 PM
James
As he heard Ethan's announcement, James reached out and pulled the lever. The fine instruments, the calculated will of mechanics were all so easy for him to grasp, but the message from the fellow Namer seemed to predicate some form of immediate response. Such actions definitely didn't suit him.
A calculated risk, Lord Repositor. I would have done the same, in your place.
Not that any of us have been on the other side of calculated risks though, am I right?
Sylar! Do you mind cutting down on the constant commentary? It's starting to get on my nerves.
Yes sir. You're the boss, sir. Of course, he could almost hear the smirk in the evolved human's voice.

Rashek
He had been walking for some time. The Hall of Perception was long behind him already, his slow-burning pewter granting him great physical speed. Rashek realized belatedly that he also had also ingested a healthy store of duralumin. It was perhaps enough to flare most of his base metals, certainly enough to make use of them all later. The door had taken him much deeper within the mindscape, to a scene with which he was all too familiar. The City spanned before his eyes, great and terrible and utterly empty. The crystal spires rose and fell from the shifting dunes of sand and rust, silvered surfaces casting shadows of light all about his passage. Each tower was a unique construction, the next step in an infinite construction of broken mirrors. Whenever one of the edifices inevitably reached a critical mass, it collapsed back into the desert floor, only for the raw materials to be subsumed in the creation of the next variation. He tried not to look, but there was no helping it.

Rashek saw his past: his birth as a Terrisman on that distant world, the quest to the Well of Ascension, the murder of Alendi and everything that came after that. He saw himself in Kredik Shaw as an old man, drained of all that had made him whole. And then he saw his death at the hands of a young girl, his last conscious thought one of utter despair. Of course, he learned later that Ruin had been thwarted by Preservation, that all had been set right by a fellow Terrisman. But that was what came of existing on the pages of the fantastic. He had come to terms with his own meta-existence years ago. To be honest, everything was easier this way. Everything that had happened to him, everything that he had become even at his lowest point, it was all due to Sanderson's meddling. The movements of a higher power were just so much easier to accept than free will. But he didn't come to the City in order to think of such things - his concerns here were much more immediate. He began to head towards the Heart.

LordChaos13
2013-12-15, 09:37 PM
"How long is the range of your empathy? I need a general vicinity, of roughly line of sight or within the same building. And I need eye contact or hitting with a spell bolt."
The female Incarnate finally speaking up, having spent a long time in a light meditation, simply following long while mentally rearranging everything, forming up a bastion of bristly mental defenses.
Finally complete the Alien Mutant Witch Princess with Pyrokinesis rejoins the world at large fully
"I sense no such thing, though I do generally keep up shields against the rather loud thoughts around me. Especially when you lot keep shouting to each other, put it behind a wall for Merlin's sake."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-15, 11:22 PM
When Jake notes the trouble, Rob is ready. Turning back to the spot he stood in when he arrived at the bridge, he speaks the words at the same time as he shouts them at as loud a mental volume as he can: Take me to the one who is in trouble!

LordChaos13
2013-12-15, 11:23 PM
"Ow, honestly I JUST said to quieten down."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-16, 12:45 AM
Rob grimaces at this new voice in his head. Calm down, I'm talking to the ship's onboard teleportation thingamajig. Just try to block me out, OK?

LordChaos13
2013-12-16, 12:49 AM
'Is thingamajic the technical term then? Also unless the computer is deaf I'm fairly sure it can hear your normal thoughts, the one I CAN block out and do so frequently. What you did was the equivalent of screaming in my ear while I'm wearing a hearing aid amplifying the noise.'

DoctorFaust
2013-12-16, 12:55 AM
The mask of Revan covering his face, a black hat planted firmly on his head, one of the swords of the cross buckled beside a lightsaber at his side, and the spears of the greatest Fianna warrior ever to step foot on the planet held in his hands, Daniel steps onto the bridge on the ship. "I've decided to forgo sleep for a little while. Anyone figure out how to work our new ship?"

I think we would be moving if they had.

GODDAMIT MAT, I'M TRYING TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE HERE.

LordChaos13
2013-12-16, 01:06 AM
"Well it seems to be telepathically controlled, at the very least the internal teleportation system is monitoring our thoughts so the actual destination may be likewise. But this is really advanced tech, like Higher than the most advanced civilization in the 616 Universe known to Phoenix at the time of her final death, and indeed any alternate Universe like 503 and such. Without any plans, and an explanation, I could be here till Heat Death and not figure out a single thing, it's on a higher plane of understanding. Like cavemen trying to figure out quantum physics, or FTL travel in a muggle way."
The bookworm's voice coming from Erin's throat

D20ragon
2013-12-16, 07:21 AM
Travis
The Face of Slaughter melts away from you, chuckling as it fades away.
Not yet, my pet...

The water around you slowly turns blue again. From somewhere, you hear a splash. A small boat appears, Rob seated in it, looking a bit bewildered.

Tris
2013-12-16, 09:46 AM
Bewildered, Travis floats there in the water for a moment. "Do you know what just happened?" he asks Rob.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-16, 12:12 PM
"Dunno. We just figured something was wrong, so I came over to see if I could help."

Tris
2013-12-16, 07:27 PM
Tanar propels himself onto the boat.

"Well I was practicing my water bending when suddenly something hit me and I became submerged in blood and limbs. Then, Slaughter appeared asking me if I wanted to die. I tried to attack him but then he disappeared."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-16, 08:10 PM
At the mention of Slaughter, Rob opens his Sight and looks out at the nearby area, scanning for any sign or trace of a rift that Slaughter might have entered by.

D20ragon
2013-12-16, 08:14 PM
What seems to be a healing sore in the air hovers to your left, oozing pus. It is slowly closing.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-17, 01:39 AM
Whoever was whining about my voice in their head before, get everyone the hell down here. Someone just got attacked by Slaughter. I'm going to try to open a door after him.
Rob lets Dresden's skillset rise to the surface, reaching forward and tugging the wound back open as he would a gate to the nevernever.

LordChaos13
2013-12-17, 01:47 AM
"Slaughter is attacking someone. Ship take us to the two."
The words in everyone's heads telepathically projected

D20ragon
2013-12-17, 07:20 AM
With a faint stretching and creaking, the boat expands to include the new arrivals. Soon everyone in the party is standing in the watercraft, watching as Rob works on something.
Whatever it is, the ship doesn't like it. The water about you churns and froths, though the boat you are in remains steady.

Rob.
The wound in the air tears open a bit, with a scream that only you can hear. Now faintly, behind a curtain of blood, you can make out a city street, lit by gas lamps.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-17, 01:43 PM
"Someone cover my back. Don't know what might spill over when I open this."
Rob applies more pressure, trying to yank the doorway open. He avoids looking through the wound with his Sight.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-17, 01:54 PM
Even before the last words were out of Rob's mouth, James had moved to float by his side. He immediately threw up a full-strength telekinetic shield to cover the fellow Namer. For all of his faults, Sylar could prove to be incredibly useful when he needed to be. But he wasn't alone: James could feel Glaistig Uaine manifest the first of her ghostly followers. He saw Doormaker and Gray Boy among the number, and a few others he didn't know.
What is your plan, Lord Repositor?
We do as Rob said, we cover him all the way. Can you do that?
Of course. My faerie lords are ready for battle, should the need arise. As she spoke, the translucent shadow-para humans began to manifest around James. He was especially glad to see the face of Grey Boy - if anything really bad came through the tear, the former villain could throw down a gauntlet of his time-loops to trap them with no hope of escape. But he could do more... he could do so much more.
Alduin, I need you to be ready with some Shouts. Anything that can give us the advantage.
Drem lok. A dovah is always prepared. You will have what you wish.

D20ragon
2013-12-17, 04:00 PM
Rob.

You feel the presence of James's protection, as you rip the wound further, as it screams in protest.
The opening shudders and stabilizes, and suddenly all can see it, a wound in reality.

LordChaos13
2013-12-17, 04:58 PM
"Protego Maxima!" The telekinetic shield helped by the magical shield

silphael
2013-12-17, 06:04 PM
Are you all ready?

Process initiated, energy gathered, whenever you're ready... I may run low on energy quickly though, especially if you have to go in a all out battle with dragon blood full power unlocked.

I thought it would happen : I have taken measures for that. It's kinda clumsy right now but it'll work.

I don't want to know what you call clumsy...

Of course you don't! It's working, stable, and powerfull : that'll give you the amount of inner power you'll need for any sustained battle Kisidan.

I feel dizzy...

Should be only for a short time, see?

Ok, I'm fine now. Let's get ready!

Ready to go through the portal, Ethan take a somewhat martial posture.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-17, 06:19 PM
Turning off the Sight, Rob moves forward through the portal.

Eva, passing it over to you. Get your best ready, we're fighting a god. Again.
Ready to go! Gods aint that tough.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-17, 06:47 PM
As the portal between worlds tears through the fabric of realty in front of his, Daniel tenses, readying his spears to throw and calling up a crackle of force lightning that plays between his fingers. "So, we're going through that?" he asks, sliding his short spear into it's leather carrier.

Thet looked suspiciously like the opening of a Nevernever portal. I wonder if there are any others of my world among the Namers.

I dunno. Guess we might find out.

Hanging back slightly as Rob moves through the portal and Ethan readies to, Daniel calls up more of his power, a miasma of lightning beginning to form around the points of his spear, and pulls esperacchius from its sheath with his off hand.

D20ragon
2013-12-17, 06:48 PM
Rob.

As you step through the portal, forcing through the congealed blood curtain, rain wets your face. A slight drizzle, along with a thick mist lines the streets of London. Gas lamps illuminate your clothes, now in proper 1888 fashion.

A few passersby walk down the streets. None make eye contact, most hurrying into the various taverns and brothels about, none in good repair. Clearly, this isn't the best part of town.

ArlEammon
2013-12-17, 06:53 PM
"Nevernever portal? Is someone here Peter Pan or something?" Jake asked, half-seriously. "Oh, well anyway, we should get right on top of the hunt. I"m getting bored of just running around and doing nothing."

"I might not have known Clock-Face woman but she seemed like the type who shouldn't be dead."

LordChaos13
2013-12-17, 07:41 PM
Moving into the portal and out into London the Witch waves her wand
"Tempus" the current time and date forming in the air

silphael
2013-12-17, 08:13 PM
Looking his watch, Ethan begins thinking.

You got it quickly apparently.

Basically, I'm using Time & Space majic to be sure of the time we're at, and the exact dimensions of my surroundings, which i'll report on an exact map of London at that time (getting one through slightly more advanced time + enthropy majic : i just happened to have, with luck, memorized in my vast memories, a map of london at that time ^^). Then I'll check at Baker Street if Sherlock Holmes exist in the world we're in (basic space majic).

Tris
2013-12-17, 08:24 PM
Travis steps through the portal and glances around searching for signs of anything unusual. He holds his sword out in case something attacks them.

D20ragon
2013-12-17, 08:58 PM
Erin.
The words:London, November 11, 1888. 11:00. appear in the air, written in fine golden script.
Your constellation appears agitated. It scurries back and forth across your shoulders.

Ethan
You innately know the time and place, as listed by Erin's spell.
Furthermore, you realize that you are standing in the whitechaple district.
Baker street, sadly, seems devoid of Holmes.

LordChaos13
2013-12-17, 09:20 PM
OOC: Tempus wouldn't put London, being a time-telling spell. Just saiyan

"Shh there there my little light. I won't let anything bad happen to you." Erin coos before coaxing her into the handbag. The immense size giving plenty of room to explore for the Cutethulu, and safety from Slaughter hopefully.
"So it's London, likely in a world where the Ripper exists given Slaughters form... I wonder if it is my old world, or one of a similar make..."
Turning on the spot a small CRACK sound shortly followed by a second one.
Reappearing a few meters ahead, having Apparated to just outside the Leaky Cauldron and back to see if it exists.

Apparition is Instant btw, no speed of light delay its a consistent time no matter the distance. It takes time to start/end but the distance has no factor in the time taken to move

Erik Vale
2013-12-17, 10:12 PM
Whilst it would seem rather amusing to see a Spartan wearing a beanie whilst his back was covered in bags [from which he got the beanie], no one would have much chance before Erik... Well, looked like a large Erik, and stepped through the portal.

"Not what I was expecting at all."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-17, 11:01 PM
Doffing his mask as he steps through the portal, Daniel gazes around in wonder at the city he arrived in. Sliding his second spear back into its carrier, he steps over to Erik and taps him on the shoulder, having to rock up onto the balls of his feet to reach that high.

"So, were we the only two that got fully equipped before going to go fight Slaughter, or did other's grab their gear as well? 'r do you not know?"

Erik Vale
2013-12-17, 11:24 PM
"No clue. However I seem to have found a closet that seems to have attached most of the iconics, however seeming how I didn't find UNSC weaponry I think that's about it. Of course, now I'm running a conversation between Six and his dumb friend. Alea is wishing she put together a Homunculi so she could see just what gear made it by having it rummage through her bags... Of course, I don't know what of her gear would be considered Iconic other than the sword, unless DND WBL would be considered iconic... Which would be humerous, partly because it doesn't quite exist very well in NWN2. Though that might be trouble predicting how one gears companions and RE's and all sorts of other stuff... Hmm, I wonder if Alea will unlock abilities from game mods, cause that would be cool as... Hmmm, I don't really know any appropriate curses for the time period."

Erik shrugs within his suit, and whilst nothing in Erik's words would be particularly disturbing to a passer by, you do notice he whispers... And his voice happens to be a bit deeper than before, quite a bit deeper... of course, that could be his armor.

Tris
2013-12-17, 11:37 PM
"Well, I still have this sword I picked up in the closet. I don't have anything else like the Master Sword. This sword's fine, but I would like to have the Master Sword. A shield would be nice too."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-17, 11:49 PM
"I could lend you a lightsaber if you think you could use it without lopping off a limb or two. And as long as Revan is okay with it. Perfectly. Just make sure we get it back. And make it clear that we are not responsible for what they do to themselves wielding it. See, there you go. A sword of the cross should be more than sufficient for my slicing needs."

ArlEammon
2013-12-17, 11:55 PM
"My gear is all conjurable at will. It's one good thing about my evil incarnations that I quite enjoy about being all of them." Jake chimed in. "Anyway, what exactly are we supposed to do here, find Jack the Ripper? Oh, and by the way um. . . even though it's not likely to fool everyone, this is the age of Victorian Invention. Meaning that we could try to convince people we are just inventors and perhaps actors, in case we need a cover for all of our insane powers and stuff."

Tris
2013-12-17, 11:59 PM
"I could lend you a lightsaber if you think you could use it without lopping off a limb or two. And as long as Revan is okay with it. Perfectly. Just make sure we get it back. And make it clear that we are not responsible for what they do to themselves wielding it. See, there you go. A sword of the cross should be more than sufficient for my slicing needs."

"I think I'll just stick with a regular sword, but thank you."

LordChaos13
2013-12-18, 12:05 AM
"I simply used my Iconics to gain my iconics. One can do all sorts of impossible things when one utilises self-deterministic time travel."
Erin holding up an hourglass on a necklace, havin been wrapped around her neck under her top

"Though I don't quite know why I have this sword here..." A slightly curved impossibly thin blade withdrawn from her handbag despite the obvious size difference. The scabbard locked
"I cannot get it to work and none of my other selves remember it..."

3SecondCultist
2013-12-18, 12:41 AM
Well would you look at that. It seems as though we've been invited to London town. I don't think I've ever been to England before, actually.
You don't think? Doesn't one generally know these things?
Well, it's all a bit jumbled. I mean there was a point in time where my mind and body were in two different places, you understand.
Oh I know. And unfortunately, I understand exactly what you mean. James waited for the other Namers to pass through the tear before moving into action himself. If someone were to ask him, he wouldn't say that was afraid of stepping into the strange and untested tear in reality, but the more he thought about it, the more his indecision gripped him. The incarnations were at his side, what had he to fear? Slaughter, for one. Whatever force they were facing now, it had no trouble killing off the Oracle, and could do the same to any of them. And despite the host at his back, James felt mortal indeed.
A dovah knows not fear. You must move beyond such weaknesses!
It is not a weakness, Avatar. How can one fight at their best without their most powerful impulse? Alduin had no response to that. But James was already through the gap then, on the cobblestone streets under the streetlights. He listened to the others quietly before contributing anything himself.
"I don't think anonymity is going to help us much here - we did just come from another reality. People saw Rob walk through, and us just now. People like to talk. Unless we can find a way between us to completely hide our identities, I would suggest to discard subtlety and start looking for Slaughter."

LordChaos13
2013-12-18, 01:03 AM
"You underestimate human obliviousness, that and the ability to wipe memories kept an entire society of people hidden for a thousand years or more."

Erik Vale
2013-12-18, 01:16 AM
Erik considered lending Travis The Silver Sword of Gith, however by the way Aleandrea quickly began shouting his thoughts down he sidestepped the thoughts. He could always through it around later.

"Finding him may be one thing, though perhaps we could just let him find us... Killing him is another. However if we could dump him on the Astral then I could end him in a instant and we can go back to being confused little people. Even if I'm not so little any more..."

ArlEammon
2013-12-18, 01:21 AM
"Perhaps a concentrated effort with all of our powerful thoughts can seek him out and hunt him down like the dog he is." Apocalypse responds. "I can take their souls and restore them to their respective owners if you so wish. In this way I should be able to find this "Slaughter" quite easily, and finish him off."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-18, 01:50 AM
"My experience in tracing mostly comes from the skills of Harry Dresden. I'm afraid they focus a bit too much on the long term for our purposes. If one of you can point me to him, though, I feel confident in being able to do significant damage to this Slaughter."

So how do you plan on doing that, anyways? On hurting this guy? Seems like he'd be sorta hard to take down, being an incarnation of a concept and all that.
Actually, I was hoping you could work together with Evangeline to see if you can integrate Soulfire into her magics. I fear they're incompatible, but if that fails, see how much overlap you have in terms of expertise in ice magics. They're one of her strong suits, and I know you've got some significant skill with them.
Sounds reasonable. Open with freezing him solid, then force to break him?
I personally prefer a more permanent freezing, but it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work, we'll follow up with the trusty old ice-blade.
You got it. Elodin, you get the copilot's chair for this one. Lend your naming skill if it's needed, but try to focus on figuring out his true name. If he really is an incarnation of the pure force of slaughter, it should be possible. Harry's Sight should help significantly in understanding its true nature.
I'm not sure how well that will work, but I suppose it's worth a shot. One of my students once managed to name what amounts to a goddess, if the stories are to be believed. Can't be too difficult.
Perfect. Lastly, Lain. I've got a special job for you. As you can see, our control over this body is run through virtual terminals. It's mainly just a reflection of how I see myself, as I'm a very techno-centric person, but I want you to see if you can use it to our advantage. If you can pull it off, take complete control of the body's lower-level functions. It's just a big, complex network when you get down to it. I don't expect your greater powers to work, but your technical expertise could give us a significant advantage. Seem reasonable?
Yes.
Good. Actually, I've got one more thing for you to worry about. Where Elodin comes from, there's no way to record sound, especially beyond what humans can hear. When you get the chance, use my phone to record him speaking a name. I want to see if there's anything there that we could work with. If it works, see what you can do about modifying it to get some new effects.
A challenge!
Yeah. Sheez, you've got to speak up more. I almost forget that you're here sometimes. You're an important part of this team too, don't forget it.

D20ragon
2013-12-18, 06:34 AM
Erin.
The leaky cauldron is nonexistent, at least in this reality.

A few people are looking curiously at you all, though none come to investigate.
Save for one.
A young man with broken teeth taps at the back of Erin's shoulder.

"hey honey. What're you doin out late like this? Don't you know old Leather Aprons about? You should find a warm bed to curl up in... Like mine."

Strangely, dispite his slightly lewd finish, he does genuinely seem concerned.

silphael
2013-12-18, 06:58 AM
"Okay, let's make it simple : we'll go through, with more discret clothes, check... dunnow, your pockets or bags."

He put a hat on his head, and now he is just a standard street boy.

Rave's there, by the way : I'll be usefull!

I'm not using an hat of disguise, I used matter magic to discretly turn my clothes into clothes of that time. Same for you all, you just happen, now, to have the kind of clothes you'll want to wear from that time, either in a pocket or in a bag.

Adding Enthropy to any majic is like adding candies to cookies ^^

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-18, 11:45 AM
With a casual flick of his hand, Rob throws the broken-toothed man backwards into a nearby wall with a wave of force. He keeps him pinned there, not letting up on the force, as he walks forward to face him.
"Who is Leather Apron? Answer quickly." The look on his face indicates extreme displeasure, mixed with slight distaste and something else, lurking in the dark behind his eyes.

ArlEammon
2013-12-18, 11:54 AM
"Ahem, Rob, I'll have you know he may not have been as lewd as he sounded. This is the Victorian Era, people's customs and manners were. . . quite different. I do believe in some places during the nineteenth century, people were known to speak like that and mean nothing sexual at all. Although I could be mistaken. Nonetheless, you can still kill a man by flinging him into the wall like that."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-18, 12:07 PM
"He is of little value to me. Besides, for all we know, our target could be hiding as a random stranger here. Could even be him. And if not, we can always just rema-" Rob pauses for a moment, thinking. "No, I can't do that anymore, can I. Ah well. I'll be somewhat more gentle next time. For the moment, though, I tire of this. My question still stands. Who is Leather Apron, and where can I find him."

D20ragon
2013-12-18, 05:45 PM
The man shouts with shock and pain, but soon recovers himself.

"Ya don't know? Where've you been? The Whitechapel murderer, mate! The Ripper! Haven't you seen a newspaper?"
The young man grins through broken teeth, displaying a surprising amount of courage.

ArlEammon
2013-12-18, 06:06 PM
Jake steps forward. . . he conjured a vast fortune worth of gold in what appeared to be a leather pouch in his hand, by manipulating some of his molecular structure on the end of his fingernails. He dangled the bag of gold in front of the man. "There's more where this has come from if you have anything else to say. This is for your injuries, if there are any. If I remember from history class, you could buy at least three houses for yourself with this much money."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-18, 08:37 PM
Daniel steps up behind Jacob, wapping him in the back of the head with his hat. "Can we maybe, just a little, try and preserve the masquerade? I thought that was one of the rules of time travel. Or space travel. Or whatever it is we just did," he says. Turning to the man pinned against the wall, Daniels smiles disarmingly and continues, "Though if he doesn't tell us what we need, I would suggest making sure no one finds out about us."

D20ragon
2013-12-18, 08:53 PM
The man looks at the gold. His face contorts, his eyes becoming gems for a split second. With a shove, he tears away the power holding him to the wall and seizes the gold, knocking Jacob backwards. He crouches down, counting the money, his eyes shining golden.

"Not from around here, are you? Well, I know a man who might tell you all what you want to know so much. Though I don't see why you try to track him down. The coppers tried. Didn't get nowhere,"
He calmly states, as though nothing had happened.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-18, 09:58 PM
Rob is stunned by the fact that his power was broken so easily. I suppose that's the power of greed. Still, can't lose concentration like that again. He steps towards the young man and adopts a passable upper-class English accent.
"You are correct in your statement that we are not from around here. Furthermore, albeit on an unrelated tangent, I don't like you very much."
Concentrating, Rob murmurs a sharp incantation under his breath, slamming the man (somewhat more gently this time, but with more enduring force) against the wall, and pinning him there.
"Allow me to put this simply for you. You will tell us where this person is. Then we shall go, and have a polite conversation with him. Or, if you prefer, I can bring about your end in a nasty and painful manner. Then I can go find this person, get him to tell me what I want to know, then bring about his end." He breathes in, then out, slowly. "Your choice, really."

3SecondCultist
2013-12-18, 10:05 PM
"Hey, that's rude. If you're going to summon gold, at least use the right curren-" James was cut off as Rashek stumbled into the Hall of Perception. The Allomancer looked as though he was ready to collapse, a gaping wound in his side and various burns adorning his body. His hair, once dark and rich and coiffed, had been singed in several places. But the worst were his eyes: they stared straight ahead, and took in nothing at all.
What happened? Are you alright?
Just focus on my voice, Rashek. I'm here, you can lean on me now.
Thank... thank you. I just need a moment. Keep yo-your eyes on what is going on. My goldminds will preserve me, if you can... can just indulge me in a bit of alchemy. Doing as his incarnation had said, James began to take in the scene in front of him. Rob was in the midst of threatening the surprisingly rude man. Maybe he was just a product of the times, but they hardly had the time to figure that out. He turned to Rob with the semblance of a psychotic grin. Sylar's shapeshifting ability naturally extended his tongue and tightened the facial muscles around his eyes and mouth, which had the effect of casting his face in a decidedly sinister light.
"You know, we don't have to end him right away. We can always just... play." The words made him utterly sick, but there was something deep within James that knew that he could pull the bluff off. It was more of a memory than a facade, really. The ease in which he slipped into the persona disturbed him more than a little. Was this really who he had been, before? He suspected he did not want to know.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-18, 10:18 PM
Rob looks back at James, turning his head far enough to hide his expressions from the subject of his interrogation. He takes in the modified face of his old friend, then gives him a slight smile and a wink before turning back.
"No, I think we can at least do him the favor of giving him a quick death. Unless, of course, he cooperates..."

LordChaos13
2013-12-18, 10:24 PM
Erin rolled her eyes raising her wand yet again
"Evanesco, Obliviate."
The gold vanishing from existence and the memory of the previous couple minutes until the man had talked to her
"Honestly this is a normal person, don't overreact... Thank you sir for your concern but I doubt I meet his criteria. What with not being a Lady of the Night as it where. Speaking of the Ripper however, we would like to have a...discussion with the guy, on behalf of our, client works. On behalf of our client we need to meet him."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-18, 10:45 PM
"Excuse me," says Rob to Erin, looking distinctly annoyed, "That's my interogee you're stealing. I'll just be taking him back, thank you very much, and after this is done we're going to have to set down some ground rules as a group about interfering with one-another's operations."

LordChaos13
2013-12-18, 10:51 PM
"He was talking to me and you slammed him into a WALL!"

DoctorFaust
2013-12-18, 11:00 PM
"Bloody hell people, can we stop with the bickering over who is interrogating who, let the poor bloke down, and have him take us to meet his contact already? I mean, really, what in the name of the ten hells do you expect us to accomplish standing around squabbling?"

Master, I would suggest keeping a more civil tongue while we are here. I am the only one who grew up in a culture even slightly resembling this one, and a lot of value was placed upon honor. So I would take care not to make too much of a fool of yourself.

Point taken.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 12:16 AM
"Okay, fine. Though A) he totally deserved that wall-slam, and B) there are, as everyone knows, only seven hells." This last is spoken under his breath, fading away to a mumble.

What, you're just going to let them push you around like that?
For now, it's easier than arguing. Besides, this way they'll underestimate us when push comes to shove. Keep a close eye on this guy, though. If he tries to make a run for it, bring him down.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-19, 01:04 AM
Your move, Lord Repositor. Upon hearing Erin's outburst, James' demeanor almost immediately went from nervous to slightly irritated. He threw up a telekinetic barrier around the local for now - any of their group could harmlessly extract the right information later - and focused on the other Namer.
"Hey, Rob has a point. If you're going to go ahead and just reverse everything we do, at least have the decency to let us know beforehand, and save us from your stupidity. There is having abilities, and then there is knowing how to use them. Grow up." His own anger surprised him more than anything. James knew that deep down, he didn't have anything against Erin. But by the time he had really begun to think about what to say next, he had already turned to Daniel. This time he was calm, his voice composed and his features unlined by rage.
"You have a point: we do need to stop fighting amongst ourselves. But we can only do that as a team. This is not a team, it is a group of obscenely powerful individuals thrown together in circumstances far beyond their control. Maybe we should be learning how to walk before we can run."

Tris
2013-12-19, 01:46 AM
As the group bickers, Travis attempts to reduce the tension. "Peace, calm, ease. Peace, calm, ease..." he mutters. As he speaks, his eyes go blank and a subtle, barely noticeable wave of tranquility washes over everyone.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 06:46 AM
The man shatters the second barrier as easily as the first, seemingly unaffected by Travis's incantation.
He throws himself upon Erin, screaming. His teeth have grown points of gold, his eyes have turned to gemstones of red and blue.
Where is the gold!? he shrieks, holding on the front of your shirt,
What did you do with the gold!?

DoctorFaust
2013-12-19, 08:48 AM
When the man shatters the second barrier and throws himself on Erin, Daniel reacts without thinking, tackling him and slamming the fox-head amulet into his forehead. "What the hell do you think you're doing!" Daniel yells. "And who the hell do you think we are."

silphael
2013-12-19, 09:46 AM
Wait, what?

Either we're not in reality, either that guy has some way to work around the gauntlet... anyway, I can work with that. Metals like gold are bad for health, sadly...

Exerting Life majic, Ethan began causing disfunctionnements in the gemman's body, first to knock him out, but if it can't be done vital organs will stop.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 11:12 AM
Rob hisses an incantation in a voice not his own, summoning a blade-shaped field of energy arcing out from his hand. As it passes through solids, heat energy is drawn from nearby objects, bringing them to absolute zero. This energy is applied to the solids through which the blade passes, causing them to disintegrate with blistering heat.
With two deft cuts, Rob removes the small man's arms. This should cause what is left of him to be frozen solid. He keeps the blade ready next to the man's neck, in case he manages somehow to withstand this.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 04:17 PM
The man doubles over, whimpering at the pain in his insides.
As the blade of Robs sword severs his arms, however, he looks up from where Daniel sprawled him.

Nice blade... Very pretty! I want it!

Golden chains burst from the stumps on his shoulders, picking up his arms and sealing them back on. Then the chains reach for the blade in Robs hand, streaming towards him even as the mans eyes turn to gems again and he leaps forward. Golden chains now cover his entire body.

I want it! Woman, gold, magic, fame! I want it all!

DoctorFaust
2013-12-19, 04:25 PM
Daniel screams as the chains sprout out of the man's arm stumps and seemingly reattach the severed arms. Jumping back with a cry of, "F**K THIS RIGHT UP THE @$$!", he rips both of his spears from their holders on his back and thrusts them at the crazy bastards chest, sending blasts of force lightning down the length of the shaft as soon as it looks like they've caught on something.

Say nothing, Diarmuid

I wasn't planning to Master. I think anyone who had as little experience as you with the supernatural would have reacted similarly.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 04:45 PM
You think that hurts? Give me the sword and the lady!
The man screams, the chains pulling him further into the spear, which now protrudes from his spine. His face gets closer to Daniels, until the golden chains have pulled the spear all the way through him.
I still want it... he croons, before one of his chains slaps Daniel away from him. He steps forward, towards Rob.
A single chain reaches out to Erin, and tries to wraps around her, fondling her face and chest.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 04:48 PM
One of Rob's eyebrows raises itself in interest at this most blatant disregard for established laws of physics and reality. What is left of the little man should by all rights be frozen solid... Unless perhaps he had extraordinarily high levels of internal energy to start with. Still, nothing that can't be fixed.
With a shake of his hand, Rob dispels the blade of energy. He takes a step back, pronouncing a series of butchered Latin phrases. Glowing arcane circles appear ringing his arm, then discharge suddenly as magic is released towards greed's incarnation. The magic will freeze him solid, rendering him instantly dead. It will also encase him in absolute-zero ice and drain all energy from him to fuel Rob's future spells.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 04:50 PM
The man freezes, then drops to the ground, inmoving. His breath has stopped. Rain were his face, now normal, though the gold chains still drape his body.

ArlEammon
2013-12-19, 04:52 PM
"Most interesting. I am sorry young man, but I am afraid I will have to join this little encounter. My thousand apologies for this." Jake's form became blue armored, metallic and alien looking, and his eyes shined a blood red. He grabbed this "Greed" by his head with his left hand and with his right hand, he took a massive Scythe as Orochi and attempted to slice off his head at the neck."

Sen isSaqqara
Rob's chant continues, as arcane circles form around him and around the incarnation. They search out any energy or power Greed has left, and steal them, converting them into the dark aura that fuels Evangeline's spells. It takes careful concentration not to include Jake in the spell.

3SecondCultist
Hey Sylar, I need your help! You need to use your alchemy ability, on my mark.
On your mark, got it. I need someone to take care of Rashek until he's back up to full strength! Ciara, you do it.
I told you not to call me that. Never mind, my faerie can handle things anyway. Moving adjacent to the strange creature, James began to prepare the power of the evolved human. Between the tearing of his telekinetic shield and the resistance to Travis' soothing effect, he felt as though he knew what kind of creature he was dealing with. Try as he might, he couldn't put a name on it, but the strategy had become intuitively obvious. He only needed to do one thing - if only the others could be persuaded to leave the being with obvious regenerative powers alone. Alas, there was no such luck to be had, as both Rob and Jacob were already in the process of intervening. Nevertheless, there was no harm in trying.

"You like gold? Here, have some more." Pressing his hand to the nearest wall, he channeled the ability until all surfaces within sight had been converted into the malleable yellow metal. As was expected, a network of cracks and folds began to appear where structures applied most of their pressure - gold was hardly the strongest or most rigid of metals. He knew that this was a temporary measure, but it was enough to keep the creature busy until they collectively came up with a proper solution.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 05:01 PM
The man twitches as the spell draws power out of him.
Then, suddenly, the chains twitch, shattering the ice around him. One chain supports his head, which hangs at a strange angle, and the other move his arms and legs as he gets to his feet.

Oh? Should I be dead? I think Not! I don't have what I want, so why should I rest? Why!?

The chains around Erin tighten, and yank her over to him. Two more chains force her arms around his neck. A third grasps Rob by the throat.
A horrible feeling comes over Rob, the same that afflicts Erin. You feel Greeds want. Suddenly you disire everything. The feeling overwhelms you sending you into a bit of a shock.
The chain shakes Rob.
Make the Sword, little man! I want it!
At the same time, one chain smashes into the nearby wall, now golden. The links turn the gold to powder, then throw it over Greed, who laughed insanlely at the gold covering him.

silphael
2013-12-19, 05:02 PM
Now that the first attack failed, Ethan whispered, with a cold voice :

"Of course you'll have it... but it'll have a price, here, take it!"

In the thing's mind begin appearing tons of gold and gems, treasures of wealth and fame, all piling on each other as far as the eye can see. The tiny place quickly begin to fill wih those treasures...

"The price is your sanity, and your quintessential power. Don't ever try that again."

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 05:05 PM
Ethan.

Greed laughs again.

You think there is a limit to my want? You think you can drive me mad? I am already mad! I assure you, it would be best to hand over the things I want. Perhaps I want you!
A chain grabs Ethan.

Make more of the pretty pictures in my mind! Make them! He shouts, shaking Ethan like a rag doll.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 05:12 PM
Rob's shock lasts only a few seconds, before his eyes shift to a slightly different shade of blue.
All you, Eva.
With pleasure!
Rob breaks out into a terrible and cold laugh, far beyond his usual vocal range.
"Foolish little immortal! Just who in the seven hells do you think you're dealing with? You think I need to breathe, such that grabbing my throat would stop me? You think that you have even the slightest chance to live through this, immortal or not? Because I want something from you, little one. I want something very much... I want to see you dead. It will bring me great pleasure."
His arms reach up, grabbing the chain around his neck, and start to drag Greed slowly closer to him. The look of hunger on his face would make lesser gods fear for their lives. Has made lesser gods fear for their lives.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 05:19 PM
Oh?
Greed chuckles.
I wonder who wants me dead more. As long as I want something, you cannot stop me. And I will never stop wanting. I want death more then anything, because as long as I want it, it cannot be mine.
My friend, your greed is nothing compared to mine. I am greed. Your very longing is born of me!

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 05:29 PM
"Really? I disagree. My longing is mine, and mine only! You are but a reflection of a tiny part of me, and yet that part is still greater than you in your entirety! You, my sad little friend, are mine."
As he speaks, Rob slowly transforms. His features grow more gaunt, and smaller. You could never place the exact time of transformation, but by the time he's done speaking, he no longer looks like himself. His form reflects the one currently in control: Evangeline AK McDowell. And she looks hungry.
"It's been far too long since I've gained a servant. You'll do nicely."
She stares into his eyes, matching them with her violet and red gaze. One of the fundamental powers of any vampire is that of captivation, and with five-hundred years of practice and the purest of bloodlines, Eva is very good at it.

Erik Vale
2013-12-19, 05:30 PM
Erik had for the most part been content to let the others settle this, but it had gone on long enough.

With a slight welling of power, Sonea creates a force blast shaped somewhat like a knifes blade, powerful enough to cut deep into a adamantium wall through Aleandrea's donation [not that she couldn't already do similar], and launches it at the chains, following a curved path so that it should cut through them all.

silphael
2013-12-19, 05:35 PM
The grabbed Ethan disappears, another one stading some meters away.

"You like shiny pictures? Have that one!"

Where there was gold, is now nothing, where gems were, is now vacuum, where fame was, is now silence. In his own mind, Greed is alone... in an empty place, even empty of floor. Poverty at its worst.

"Come back in a thousand years if you want to defy me!"

At the same time, a stone appears in Ethan's hand, a small, flat, red stone.

Just altering the mind effect into amplifying the loss the thing is feeling. Right now, the stone is only a matter effect, but I'm readying to use a powerfull Time effect with that stone, or maybe just a space effect.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 05:38 PM
Rob!Eva picks apart the effect Ethan applied, trying to determine what is does. When she figures it out, she nods back to his fellow Namer.
"Thanks! This'll make things easier."
With that, she resumes her stare at Greed, forcing her will into his head and bending him into her slave.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-19, 05:56 PM
They're waging psychological warfare on it - at least Ethan is. He's using an incredibly advanced reality warping that I don't fully understand to deprive this greedy entity of everything it desires.
Really? Well we can be of assistance here too, at least in mitigating any more civilian casualties and prolonging its suffering. James was surprised to see Rashek up on his feet so soon, but apparently the goldminds had done their work swiftly. Reaching through the Namer, Rashek began to burn cadmium at full strength. The bubble of Allomantic power enveloped James, the entity and several of the other Namers in close proximity, including Rob and Jacob. Suddenly, everything outside the bubble began to speed up at an alarming rate, until the world consisted of nothing but grey blurs. As the temporal compression took hold, James took a moment to lament the failure that was his last tactic. Of course giving the creature more of what it wanted wouldn't work, he should have known that. But aside from killing or severely incapacitating him, there would be no escaping this field.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 06:06 PM
The force shatters the chains. They fade for a moment, then sprout anew.
Greed doesn't fade so fast. I have lived for ever, and it never fades! Never!
He pauses as he feels he intrusion in his mind. Trying to enslave me? I think not. I value freedom. I want it!
He reaches out, with his hand, and strokes Rob's face.
See? Don't you want it too? Everything...
A golden haze fills your mind. In an instant, everything you have ever slightly craved is magnified. You can barely restrain yourself from rushing into the nearest tavern, and partying till your heart stops beating.

As for you...
He turns to Ethan.
You think I care about loss? All it makes me do is want more! More! More!

He spins in a circle. How bout a change of scenery? The street around you all fades, becoming a smokey club, girls dancing on a stage, the shouts and catcalls deafening. The field James had placed remains, however.
Everyone in the space wears a golden chain around their neck.
Rob, enchanted as he is, wears one too.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 06:24 PM
Lain, can you act as a filter for us? Outside your native environment, I think you can act as the most dispassionate of us. Eva's starting to get a bit carried away...
Of course.
Best act quickly. Gods alone know what she'll do next in this state.

Rob!Eva stands entranced, visions of all that she wants flowing through her forward consciousness. Out of the side of her vision, she spies Greed doing a silly little dance. His neck looks... delicious. What would it be like to feed from a being as powerful as an incarnation? She's always wanted to know... Now that want feels very powerful indeed. Speed on her side, she decides to give it a try, when suddenly a voice in the back of her head speaks up with a very good point.
Take everything from him. Take his power, his life. Take his greed. It belongs to you already, when you think about it.
Yes. Yes, I think I will...
Still eying Greed's throat, she begins a slow, rhythmic chant in some lost tongue. It builds slowly, each layer of appeal to power drawing more and more to her side. It begins to take form as thin circles of magic, arcane rings piling one above the other in the air around her. She starts to lose herself in the pure hunger of it all, but some small part of her resists, keeping her mind focused on continuing the preparation for a truly epic spell.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 06:27 PM
Magic? Greed inquires
I want it!
He begins to walk over to Rob, not moving to fast, pausing here and there to squeeze a breast or bottom, to snatch a coin purse, to swig from a wineskin.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 06:34 PM
Harry, do you mind if I borrow you for a moment? There's a skill of yours I want to use.
Not at all.
Rob reaches out to another mind nearby, connecting his thoughts temporarily to those of James. A door appears in the stark room of his subconscious, to which he moves. He knocks briefly on it, then calls out.
Hey Ale- James! You there? I'd much appreciate it if you'd run a bit of interference for me here. Eva's a bit vulnerable when casting, so if you could keep that little creep away for a few seconds...

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 06:35 PM
Greed draws a bit closer, skipping now.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-19, 06:39 PM
Slowly picking himself up from where Greed threw him, Daniel regain his feet just in time to be caught in the field created by greed. Staggering as a chain begins to form around his neck, he straightens up suddenly and smiles. Tapping on his silver medallion as he walks towards Greed, he rips esperacchius from its sheath. Creating a slight funnel of wind around Greed's feet, he picks him up using the Force and tries to hold him in place.

As he advances, his frame ripples, his bones and joints cracking and muscles screaming to try and fit into his new frame. But when the change finishes, Daniel isn't there anymore. Sanya is. And the hand holding the sword can make a world of difference. Lifting esperacchius up, aflame with silver light, he booms out, "Lava quod est sordium! In nomine Dei, sana quod est saucium!", he bounds forward and tries to ram the blade up to its hilt in Greed's chest.

silphael
2013-12-19, 06:47 PM
"You want death, right... I shall grant you that one..."

He shows the stone in his hand, shaking free of the chains as if they were nothing.

I'm not confortable enough waving your power right now, I better let you do that.

You're doing fine till now, I won't move.

"Here it is, shall I show you?"

The red in the stone seems liquid, moving quickly, like blood in a gem, water in a river, light through glass."

Not seeming disturbed at all by the sudden change of place, he quickly adds :

"Oh, and... before I forget : promising me anything is futile, I could have all I want... yet I won't. But why are you giving things? Why not keeping those for yourself?"

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 06:55 PM
Rob!Eva continues her chanting, backing slowly away to position the others between herself and Greed. Every second they can buy her is valuable, as she's going to make this one count.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 07:02 PM
Daniel.

The sword sinks up to the hilt... And then further, as the chains of Greed seize it and force it in deeper.

My lucky day! Now it's mine!
Greed shrieks, his voice echoing off the walls.

A chain snakes out, knocking the gem from Ethan's hand, and seizing it.

Fool! It's mine!

DoctorFaust
2013-12-19, 07:13 PM
"Oh no you don't! cries Sanya. Barely managing to keep hold of the hilt with one hand as it begins to sink into Greed's chest, he pulls out his lightsaber with his other hand and flicks it into purple life. With two quick swipes of the plasma blade, removes the small triangle of Greed's chest that esperacchiuss was stuck in.

silphael
2013-12-19, 07:36 PM
As the chain tried to grab the gem, it shattered.

"Well, you know what it was? It is your life, the only thing you had, now it's gone. I was giving it to you, yet you took your own life... I don't need your empty promises, and I want nothing from you."

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 07:45 PM
As the gem shatters, so does Greed, the shards melting into a golden haze which remains, trapped by Robs spell.
All that is left are the lingering words Well isn't this ironic... and a hearty chuckle.

The club fades away, replaced by the street. The golden mist still hovers there.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-19, 07:52 PM
"Sonova... No. Nonono. NononoNONO I WANTED THAT!" roars Rob!Eva. Finishing the spell, she releases some of the energy, and any remnant of Greed is sucked into her reservoir of raw power. She rounds on Ethan, a significant portion of her spell still hovering in the air around her.
"Perhaps you will be an acceptable substitute..."

Woah there Eva. Stop that now, he's gone!
Back off, b****, he's mine!
Shi- Guys, back off. Lain, can you do anything to keep her under control?
Working on it.

ArlEammon
2013-12-19, 08:01 PM
Jake spoke in a reverberating pitch, with his voice mixing with his four past souls."Alright folks, TIME OUT!!!!" He stomped his right food hard in the ground, causing a small fissure in the ground, with the ominous tone, Jake began pulling with enormous force through a created portal into a previous time period. London was now in the far future. Right now it was before the Roman occupation of the British Isles. The Celts and druids wandered through the isles in both peace and war, depending on the tribe, but they witnessed what appeared to be gods, our "heroes" had arrived from the portal, which was now cut off.

Jake appeared in his exo-skeleton, spiked, and his head appeared to be larger than usual, he had no face, but he had a huge eye in the center of his now orb shaped head.

"We need to have a talk." Jake said, straight to the point.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 08:37 PM
Rob.
You feel Greed rush into you, filling you with gold. Overflowing. The gold fills your mind, overwhelming it till only a bit of your original conciousness is left.

control? Don't speak of it. Only want is left. Take it all!
The voice issuing from Robs mouth is that of Greeds.
As you watch, the golden chains wrap around Rob, binding him as they did Greed.
See? Even my remains are desirable. Rob laughs, and the chains of greed shift and slide over him.

Erik Vale
2013-12-19, 08:51 PM
"I should have removed it first. Ok, containment... Then can someone figure out how to remove Greed so I can disperse him."

With a slight furrow of his brow, Erik contains Greed/Rob in a bubble of force, much like a shield but containing him in one place.
Once established, he just continues to reinforce it.
'Must say, Aleandrea has huge reserves...'
'Kinda my main stichk.'
'Still. And your ideas, and accomplishing plasma, well I think my only limiter now is time.'

DoctorFaust
2013-12-19, 09:19 PM
"Okay, bugger this," says Daniel as he shifts back into his usual form, accompanied by the usual pops and cracks of bones shirnking, while walking forward towards the bubble of force. "Erik, can you let me in for a second? I have an amulet that should remove whatever mind magic is affecting him now."

Erik Vale
2013-12-19, 09:24 PM
"Hmmm, hold a moment, shouldn't be long."

Quickly, Erik forms another bubble of force around Daniel and Greed, slowly dissipating the one around Greed so as to prevent it from exploding and to reuse the energy to contain the two.
In order to let Daniel know when the bubble will be gone, he also makes the first bubble give off a weak red light by heating it, which obviously dissipates along with the original bubble.

D20ragon
2013-12-19, 09:28 PM
Mind magic!? Ha! That's funny. You are quite mistaken. I am Greed! How do you think I survived these years? Whenever I die there's always someone who craves my power. Well, he got it.
He bows.
Presenting Greed, in the newly acquired flesh.
He'll just have to learn to live with me! I promise to be good, for what it's worth... He collapses into hysterical laughter.

Here Robby. Say hello to the nice people!
The chains vanish, along with Greeds voice. The gold in Robs mind recedes to a coin in the back of his thoughts.

Erik Vale
2013-12-19, 09:38 PM
Erik thinks a moment.
"Not mind magic but simple occupation..."
The next Erik simply thinks loudly.
'Jean, if you could transmit this to everyone but Rob + Greed that would be great. Depending on how resurections work I could probably remove Greed and prevent him from being anyone's problem for a very long time. That is, assuming I happen to have more stuff that Aleandrea should have, I need to rummage a moment.'

Erik leaves Rob/Greed and Daniel bound, taking off one of his many bags, rummaging through where he keeps his scrolls, looking for preferably 3 of scrolls of planeshift, even one would do... Wait, no, none would be needed.

'Scrap that. Jean, you think you could push Greed back into a recess of my mind for a duration? With a bit of my coin and someone using one of their plane-shift techniques I could put greed where he should be. Aleandrea's will should help keep him in his corner.'
'Nice to be up on such a pedastal, but both 6 and Wolverine have a fair bit of presenc of mind.'
'As good as yours?'
'Ok, not quite.'

silphael
2013-12-19, 09:47 PM
As Ethan answers, his voice comes from different locations, most of those around Eva :

"Of course I will... only if you find the real one, that is only if I agree with it."

Then he talks in one voice only again, facepalming.

"Who had the genious idea of wanting what remains of Greed, seriously? I still don't know if giving it death was enough, or simply showing I wanted nothing from it destroyed it, but it may be harder now... We really need to talk, true."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-19, 09:51 PM
Carefully approaching Rob, Daniel unstrings the medallion from his neck and holds it like a protective charm, just in case. "Rob, you there? Or am I still talking to Greed. 'Cause I will kick seven kinds of sh!t out of your ass if Greed's still the dominant one. Which would be kind of impressive, since I've only been able to find six kinds before." Tapping him with the medallion a few times, Daniel takes a few cautious steps backwards and readies his lightsaber.

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 12:40 AM
"None of you noticed falling into the temporal portal. . . through time and space, and ending up during the time of the druids?" Jake pointed out. . . "Stop ignoring me. . ." He demanded. "Anyway, I suggest that Mr. Greed here be bound in a temporal distortion throughout space. I will have him bound in a prison seperate from our Continuim, and there he can remain harmless until we can seperate Greed from his real personality. What say you?"

silphael
2013-12-20, 12:47 AM
I talked about the change of time ^^

"It won't work. Killing a concept is exceedingl hard : simply thinking about it again will bring it back, shattering any prison... and in that case you'll want to see him emprisonned. I kinda think Greed could be manageable as an ally anyway."

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 12:50 AM
"We don't necessarily know the nature of these beings." Jake pointed out. "I'm more or less wanting to get rid of his avatar, not him completely. Maybe if we could just get rid of him, that would be ridding the world of one less enemy of man kind, even though his influence would continue. Also, I highly doubt that we want him as an ally, even if we could use him. This thing seems to be quite like a demonic kind of monster. I don't want to deal with the repercussions of allying with that."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-20, 01:38 AM
Rob shakes his head once, his form shifting back to his own. "Yeah, it's me. I think I've got him bottled up for the moment, but I'll have to spend a while making sure. Gimme a few seconds, ok?" He sits down against a wall, eyes closed for a moment, before opening again.
"Hello. This is... Lain, speaking. I will be controlling this body for a few seconds, as Rob deals with some internal trouble. Please carry on as if this were not the case."

In his mindscape, Rob is rather angry. He paces forward, drawing the coin up in front of him by pure application of will. It takes the concentration that he might apply lifting a finger. This is his mindscape, and here reality, even down to its core essentia, is his and his alone.
You just walk in here, and expect to stay unscathed? As if you owned the place? You, my friend, have a lot to learn. Do you have any inkling, any tiny recognition, of who I am? I crafted you. I drew you forth from the primal mess of a new world!
That's not strictly speaking true, you know.
It's close enough for this lowlife. I wonder if he can even hear me. Ah well, it matters not. I've dealt with worse than him. I've had to bury memories that wouldn't wipe their shoe with scum like him.
He walks to the back wall, the coin floating next to him. A door appears and opens, revealing the dark expanse of space ahead of him. In the distance is the shape of a great and terrible pyramid, floating in the void. In a matter of seconds, he walks to it, across millions of miles. Its door opens for him, and deep in its shadowy recesses (which are considerably larger than its outside would indicate) he finds a nice, well built vault of mental adminium. Into it he lowers the coin, and over it he seals a rune-scarred lid. There is nothing that can escape this prison.
This is pretty impressive. I've seen some crazy prisons in my day, and guarded one of the greatest of all. And this, this is something.
I find it useful to keep such a reliquary. There are many things of interest stored here.
Walking towards the exit, they pass a seven-times-warded chunk of glacier ice that takes up a cube of nearly half a kilometer. Frozen deep in it is some great tentacled beast, its name and forme shrouded in palpable mystery.
The whole place is a relic of... the last time. We were different then. More powerful, perhaps.
And you think Greed will be safe in here?
Oh, absolutely. And I mean that: it's an absolute. There is no way out of here for those things imprisoned herein.
In a sealed container much like Greed's new home rests a soft, dying light. It flickers occasionally, but cannot grow to take the form it once held.
After that little stunt she pulled, perhaps we should lock Eva up in here.
No. That wasn't her fault. Besides, it earned us a nice new memento. Ah, here we are.
A tall door stands ahead, the one through which they entered. Two pillars stand to its sides, each housing a glowing tube of indeterminate but mostly clear liquid. Suspended in the left-hand pillar is a man dressed in strange red-and-gold armor. He is fully dressed for battle, from the arcane weapon he wields to the vials of metal-tainted water on his belt. A soldier of a forgotten army, saved from his comrades eventual defeat by the sweet embrace of preservatives.
The pillar on the right holds a much different figure. His form is badly torn, ripped into near unrecognizable shreds by some unremembered enemy, only a shock of old, silver-white hair and the remains of a green cloak provide any indication of his identity.
Rob ignores both, striding through the door, and ushering his incarnations through before shutting the door once more. Striding back the way he came, he reaches for an indeterminate patch of darkened space just like any other and draws it open to show the control-room. They step through, and he shuts the door behind him.

"Rob will be retaking control now." It's been barely a second.
"Ah yes. Here I am. I've locked him up. We can decide what to do with him later: I'll confess I haven't really been paying much attention to what you've been saying. For the moment, though, you can rest assured that he's not going anywhere."

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 06:45 AM
Pah. You really think you can imprison me? Kill me? Fool. Anything is mine as long as I want it. If I want freedom, well, rest assured that there is no prison anywhere which can contain me. I am Greed! One of the Powers That Be! As long as one being in the multiverse feels my power, I will continue. You had better watch your feelings, Robby boy, or you will subcome, just as the others have, time and time again.
Shall I prove my want to you? Shall I break free? Remember, Robby, I can if I so chose. But for now, be on your way.

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 08:42 AM
"Don't think you can match wits with us, Greed." Jacob says, stepping up to Rob until his giant eyeball face morphs into Apocalyps'es face with his blood red eyes of anger right in Rob's. "We have ways of making your greatest desires and want into your deepest terrors and nightmares. I am APOCALYPSE! I AM PESTILENCE!"

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-20, 10:04 AM
"Get out of my face, Jake." says Rob, calmly. "Or I'll lock you up with him."

3SecondCultist
2013-12-20, 10:07 AM
"Enough. I've had enough of all of you walking around, playing like you're all gods when nobody knows the rules. Just... everyone shut up, if you don't mind." He didn't realize when he spoke how tired he felt, how weary he was of the voices that wouldn't go away even for a moment, how strong the drain of the powers were to his psyche. That came later, in the resonant silence of the Hall. The echoes of his last poisonous whisper played back across the obsidian walls, finding niches from which to attack him. He didn't want to turn around, to see the looks on all of their faces, but a warm and sulfurous breeze told him that Alduin was the closest.
Krosis. There is no helping this. As I died in Sovngarde, so was I reborn within you. The rules of jul and joore do not apply, as you said. Krif voth ahkrin.
I know, it's only that... a part of me wants to go home, back to my warm bed and my books and away from all of this. I mean, you're fictional characters! Aren't you?! You belong between the pages, on the seconds of electric disk, in the save files of a video game on a lazy Sunday afternoon. But not me. That wasn't my life.
There is no going back, James, only the path ahead. The question now is simple: where do you want that path to take you? Walking over to Rob and pushing Jacob out of the way, James extended a hand to shake. It was a token of respect, in admiration of the Namer's courage. And if Greed really was inside of him, well he would find out just how far before deciding on a course of action. He owed them all that much.

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 10:11 AM
"I meant no disrespect. It's hard though, to keep control of myself, when there are several much stronger individuals, some of whom possess mental powers, and all of whom are harbingers of destruction, tyranny, that possess wills of iron."

silphael
2013-12-20, 12:02 PM
"We all took measure against mind invasions, so please don't. I know it may seems harsh to you, but if you can't avoid reading people's minds, don't talk about what they think about, at least to make it work."

Headache. Serious one.

What have you learned then?

What you think true is what's important to a lot of people, playing with that is nearly all that's needed.

Indeed. And about that headache...

Which one?

You got what I mean. Okay, first law of Majic : don't try anything you don't consider possible. The other laws will be for later, I think.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-20, 12:07 PM
Rob takes James' offer of handshake, almost looking him in the eyes, but avoiding it far enough to prevent a soulgaze.
"Thanks, man." he says quietly. "It's good to know you've got my back."
Then he turns to Jacob, speaking up a bit. "Don't worry about it. I know the feeling. Knew it, anyways."

"Alright, everyone. I think I've got this guy under control. If he does get out at all, I apologize preemptively. That won't be a problem, though. I'm rather good at keeping reality-warpers locked up in my mind, the result of years of practice. The container he's in cannot be breached. This is irrevocable fact. Furthermore, every time he even thinks of escape, it will bring him complete and immeasurable pain. A few tries and he simply won't want to escape anymore." Rob sighs, memories of the time he invented this technique surfacing briefly before settling back into the oblivion to which he has confined them. "I highly recommend working to make a similar prison in your own mind. One of the earliest lessons I learned in this little cosmic game is that your mind is your own, and in it you are chief among the gods. It helps to have ridiculous willpower, of course, but you develop that over time."

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 12:10 PM
"Okay, so. . . without further ado, now that we are done, I hope, I can return us to Victorian London. The control of time portals and the like is not something that's easy for me to do, even with Lavos and Orochi's power. If I ever do something like this again, it's because I was desperate. Meanwhile, Rob, never do anything like that again, any of you. It should be terrifying enough finding out who you are, without having to worry about having someone else living in you too."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-20, 12:26 PM
"Heh. No promises there, but I assure you, next time I'll know what we're up against. Yeah, though, we should probably get back to London."

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 12:40 PM
Oh Rob. Putting on a brave show for everyone when he knows it's just a sham. I want pain, therefor I cannot have it. I want death, because of that, it will never be mine. And do you know why I want these things? Ill bet you do, clever boy that you are. I want them because I cannot have them, an I cannot have them because I want them. No worries, I won't break free... Not yet anyway. Not till longing consumes you as it does everyone.

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 06:50 PM
"Alright then, I can only assume how many people will get lost in that Time Portal. If anyone knows a particular way to close the Portal, or at least keep it sealed, please keep it so. I, unfortunately, don't know if I can do this sort of thing reliably. Well then, off I go to London town." Jake said in a British accent, and he walked into the portal, which briefly closed behind him.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-20, 07:28 PM
Alright, Greed. I think it's time we had a little chat. I think that the root of much of our current disagreement resides in simple misunderstanding. It is under that assumption that I will proceed to educate you as to the specifics of your current confines.
Rob is standing in the Reliquary, next to Greed's container. He's not bringing his incarnations along this time, so there's no need to walk. It's his damn mindscape, he can be wherever he wishes. Were there anyone else there to see it, they might notice that he is not very happy. Actually, it would be rather difficult not to notice, as his anger seethes like an odd, light-blue flame. He is particularly, exceptionally annoyed.
Let's start with the most basic of trivialities. I'm guessing that you're Greed, or en incarnation thereof, and I'm just going to keep calling you that because I really don't care who you actually are. The real question is, of course, whether or not you realize who I am. I don't think you do. Nobody could be stupid enough to know who I am and still antagonize me like this. That's why I'm going to give you a hint. I am called Rob Desaqqara, Greed, and my title is that of Dreamingmage. Does that ring any bells? Set of any primal reflex of fear? If you were even half-sentient, you'd be experiencing a fight-or-flight reflex right now. Or has it really been that long? Does my name no longer inspire dread and awe as it once did? As back when I killed gods and breathed realities? I may not be as powerful as I once was, but I am still a force far greater than you. There are horrors far more terrifying than you locked up in this little dungeon. Have you had a chance to look around yet? Oh, no, that's right: your prison is opaque. Allow me to help you with that.
With a thought, Rob turns the walls of Greed's container clear as air.
Look to your left, Greed. Do you see the four jars resting there? Do you see the coins in them? I have, over the years, become exceptionally good at handling your kind. My greed was one of the first forces I had to overcome when I took ownership of all that is. I broke him, and I broke his successors, just as I will break you. Now look to your right. See all those empty cells, just like yours, running off into the infinite distance? There will be those who come after you, or beside you. They will pose as little challenge to me as you did, my little friend.
Rob sighs, a little of his anger draining out of him.
Of course, I'm not a cruel man. You'll find that you have complete and unlimited access to the internet in there, thanks to our friend Lain. Everything you could ever want, you can find on there. You won't be able to send outgoing communications, of course. Lain will watch for it. Who knows, you could be in league with this Slaughter. I can't have a spy in our midst. There's plenty to do, nonetheless. I highly recommend this game called 'cookie clicker'. It should suit your tastes quite nicely.
Rob leans back against a table, his eyes wandering across the rooms many and varied trinkets and mementos.
You know, I wonder sometimes. Why is it that for a few minutes after I lock you up, I can still hear you? And you still act as if you have any power? I think it's simply that the universe is not built to handle drastic measures without suitable buildup. This existence, this multiverse, it was built to house a story. Did you know that? I think when someone goes straight to pulling out all the stops, with no dramatic tension beforehand, it simply takes a few moments to adjust. To understand what just happened. Perhaps it is some sort of temporal resonance which will eventually result in your successor's creation. Perhaps the multiverse's administrator is simply somewhat incompetent. I suppose we'll never know. It is an interesting puzzle, though, don't you think? Ah well. I'll leave you to chew on that for a while.
Rob gets up as if to go, but then turns back around.
Oh, one last thing. His eyes flash a brilliant violet, showing for a brief moment that the fiery anger he feels has only been growing under the guide of calmness. If you ever, ever presume to try to escape again, if you find some impossible way out of your new home, I will end you. Simply end you. I've done so to greater powers than you, just ask your predecessors. For now, I tolerate you as an interesting collectable that may have some future value to me. The moment you become more of a hazard than you're worth, though, I will not hesitate to terminate you. Just thought you should know that.
He turns for good this time, taking a step or two before disappearing back to the control room. His voice echoes in the vault: Goodbye Greed.

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 07:51 PM
Oooh! Someone's got a nice title. Sadly, my boy Rob, what you say isn't true. Why do you want to kill slaughter?

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 09:05 PM
Lord Orochi/Jacob
Jacob looked exactly like a well primmed, high class gentleman as he carried his cane. He sported the popular moustache and a small beard on his face. He looked throughout alleyways. . . he inevitably came across a "lady of the evening". . . "Hello my dear." Jake attempted to blend in with his personality as much as his appearance. "I would like to ask you some questions. This is an investigation. . . regarding this "Leather Apron" otherwise known as the "Ripper".

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 09:11 PM
The woman looks startled.
"Oh! Umm... Yes! Well, to tell you the truth sir, I dont know too much. Molly Benden got killed last week, that's all I know. Horrible it was, sir. Blood everywhere, and her guts and womanly parts torn clean out. With a surgeons hand it was too. All nice clean cuts."

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 09:18 PM
"Please, if you know anything about this, now is the time to let me know. . . I am far more important and powerful than you could tell even by observing my opulent manner of dress. I am nobility from, well, let's just say the "Continent" and leave it at that."

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 09:33 PM
"I swear, I don't know nothin! No one does, not even the police. Wish they did. Ha! Now there is something I never thought I'd say. Cops are always bad for... Business."

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 09:48 PM
"Of course. I believe you. Actually. However, if you do find anything about this, take this as incentive. . . " Jake holds a bag of coin out and makes her take it with his other hand. "Get off the street, and more importantly, you will use this coin to take some of the others with you. Most of his victims are ladies of the evening such as yourself, and it does not behoove me to see women in such squalor. There is enough coin in these two bags of wealth-" He handed her another bag, "To buy a handful of precious dwellings for your'self. I advise buying a single large dwelling to house the lot of you. I have effectively paid for you from your employers."

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 09:55 PM
The woman stares at you, tears forming in her eyes.
"You-you-you really mean it? It's not a joke? For real?"

ArlEammon
2013-12-20, 10:04 PM
"While I have not actually paid you for your employers, they will not dare argue with me when they see me for who I am. I will, in effect, pay for you in more ways than one. I am to have a conversation with the proper people, and I will attempt to build you a secure place. I will in turn only ask for a chance to question all of you on the murders. Of course I cannot simply cure prostitution, but as for some areas around this neighborhood, I really need to find the proper contact before he strikes again."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-20, 11:41 PM
Laugh it up, friend. I'd guess you have about ten seconds left before reality, or at least my mindscape, gets its s*** together and seals you away for good. Again, try 'cookie clicker'. It'll keep you entertained for a while.

3SecondCultist
2013-12-21, 12:02 AM
The struggle within the confines of Rob's mindscape was still raging when James withdrew his hand, even as he briefly scanned the face of the friend he did not remember for any further clues as to his current state. Sylar's supernatural empathy ability had provided him with everything he needed to analyze what the Namer was going through: the forced internment of an external persona. Despite the mostly harmonious integration of the four standing in the Hall behind him, James felt as though he could empathize with such a goal.
James, you need to focus on the hunt for Slaughter. Whatever is going on with Rob right now will keep: he implied himself that if Greed was to be a problem, he would be a long-term one, and one we can deal with when appropriate. Just follow Jacob and the others for now, we'll sort everything else later.

Tris
2013-12-21, 12:59 AM
"We should probably decide what we are going to do when we find Slaughter. If Greed is any indication, we won't be able to simply hit him with all of our power and hope for the best. I'm not even sure what our goal is. We aren't going to be eliminating all Slaughter are we?"

LordChaos13
2013-12-21, 01:01 AM
"We already saw the Death of one such person. To no immediate effects..."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-21, 11:27 AM
"I should think that the universe is not so weak as to be severely disabled by the loss of one of these people. When they die, they are likely simply replaced."

ArlEammon
2013-12-21, 02:07 PM
Using Jake's powers, it was easy to "convince" their employer, through a combination of a meager bribe and telepathic mind control. . . somewhere off in the distance, in the country side, there was a vast manor seemingly replicated out of nothing. . . people would pass by and notice something was there that was never there before. The thirty or so women in the neighborhood Jake had taken would find plenty of room in a few houses surrounding the place. Sure, a house so close and out in the country that was built so fast would surely attract attention, but Jake hoped that he could explain his way out of trouble that could come of this if he needed to. It was easy to pay twenty guards to watch the grounds and keep the women safe.

Jake took another stroll throughout neighboring streets where the Ripper had struck before, and he made his way, attempting to pay off their potential victims, and making payments. . . He would herd them all towards the new "estate" he had miraculously build.

D20ragon
2013-12-21, 02:46 PM
Jake
With your resources, and about half a day, it is easily done to convince the woman to move. None seem to know to much, though many point you towards the chapel, where many of the murders have took place.

The time is now 6:00 in the morning.

ArlEammon
2013-12-21, 02:59 PM
Jacob
Jake went towards the Chapel . . . it was indeed 6:00 in the morning. Jake was glad there was plenty of security, or at least, as much as there could be with so much power behind the enemy. At least their might be someone to survive and run away in case there was an attack. Or at least Jacob hoped.
Jake made his way towards the chapel where the murders occured, wondering if he would see anything interesting.

silphael
2013-12-21, 04:29 PM
Ethan, near the chapel, 6 AM.

Apparently waiting for a long time, the street boy whose Ethan had taken disguise sighed when Jake appeared.

After summoning Greed he is building up a giant garçonnière...

"Jacob, here you are! I'm not sure using your power in such an open way is a good way to redeem your past lives, but I think I should thank you for that. Money won't make them happy, it will make them less unhappy, but that will help."

He stops for a second, then keeps talking :

"Oh, and don't bother for the buildings, that manor was empty for 50 years, and most of the houses were as well : the owner, you, and your uncle Bryce before you - I hope you won't have an issue lying on that one - wanted to make the value raise a little... But your sudden fortune through the discovery of vast gisements of coal allowed you to raise again to the place your family had before your grandfather nearly ruined it. Beware, ladies may see you as an interresting groom right now. Here are the titles, given to your avoué - me - by the testament executionner of your uncle 1 week ago. Also, my condoleances, Sir ..."

He seems to wait for you to say your name.

Advanced time majic to ensure total discretion of the properties, also ensuring through mind + spirit majic that the place has at least some Arcane (mystical discretion, basically, aiming at 2 : specific search reveals it, people knows about those, but they tend to never relate it to dangerous events : the place exist in their minds, like the people will remember that the manor had a celebration some time ago, yet won't be able to tell precisely when, and that was just some young nobles playing cards, maybe with a few galant company.). Using time majic to give precisions about things you could have done or could have happened is usually a coïncidental effect. The titles, right now, bear the name of Sir Inger Doo, though the name will adjust to the name you'll be using.

ArlEammon
2013-12-21, 04:49 PM
"James Ingersol". . . "James Ingersol. . ." Jacob said calmly. He tapped his cane and looked around the Chapel, wondering if the authorities were there. He noticed just now that Ethan was quite good at hiding who he was. He wasn't just one of them disguised as an urchin, he honestly couldn't tell it was Ethan.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-23, 01:39 AM
Rob stands on a nearby rooftop, watching with Sight wide open.
Everyone seems to be getting in to disguises. Let's see what we can do...

Stepping into the shade of a chimney, he begins a process of change. His hair changes to a jet black, and his eyes take a more distinct blue hue, as opposed to his usual ever-changing grey. He stands a bit taller, and his built becomes more thin. His clothes change, turning into a set of straight black pants and a similar shirt, enclosed by a tight-fitting blood-red vest. His leather jacket elongates and darkens, transforming into a long black coat that sweeps to the tiles at his feet. Only his boots remain a practical modern build, but they are hidden for the most part by the long cut of the pants. At one side hangs a long scabbard, ornate and quite obviously decorative in nature. Inside, though, only a fraction of the scabbard's space is taken: it holds a small but sharp kukri.

Taking a second to undo the top button of the shirt and unbutton the coat, he takes a brief breath in, then breathes out and steps down next to Jacob. Turning to his comrade, he takes a slight bow and introduces himself.
"Robert of Saqqara, at your service. Going for the upper-class look, are we? Well, excepting Ethan here."

silphael
2013-12-23, 10:09 AM
Turning his coat inside out, Ethan reveals an officer's uniform - colonel for those knowing grades - then takes of his cap and takes a monocle out of his pocket. The uniform is somewhat longer than his former coat, and the cap disappears quickly in his pocket.

"You know perfectly well that the colonel Evard Kisidan of Abel has to apply some specific talents when time comes, that's why we became associates, right?"

DoctorFaust
2013-12-23, 11:11 AM
Not even bothering to try and disguise himself using mundane means, and unable to through magic, Daniel simply walks up to the beginnings of the gathering of Namers in the Whitechapel district.

"You guys do realize that a big ol' gathering of people would be more likely to scare Jack off than not, right?" he asks, leaning down on the shaft of one of his spears like a glorified walking stick. "Jack usually went for women that were on their own, not big groups of men, even ones that looked as rich as you lot do."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-23, 12:06 PM
"Ah, of course, my dear Daniel. Consider, however, that large groups of finely-dressed gentlemen tent to move on once all their members are present. He likely knows this, and if he is watching a lady in the vicinity, he will likely decide to wait for us to leave, then go after his target. This means, of course, that we leave together, then shroud ourselves from mortal and immortal view and return. Waiting on our presence should make the Ripper impatient, and he will likely make his move as soon as he thinks us gone. All quite simple, my dear fellow."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-23, 12:19 PM
Affecting a terrible high class british accent, Daniel says, "Quite, quite. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I will be going to go skulk on that roof over there. I think a man wearing my mask and carrying these spears is probably more noticeable than people of quality such as yourself. Good day."

As he nears the building, Daniel calls upon a sliver of force power and some of Lancer's talents and jumps, landing gracefully on the balls of his feet some twenty feet up. Squatting down, he pulls out his short spear and readies himself for a long wait.

ArlEammon
2013-12-23, 12:23 PM
"Do you think he could tell if we start scanning for him?" Jake asked. "I'd hate to simply start looking and then find myself mentally scarred for seeing something too ugly. On the other hand, having all of these evil souls probably do wonders for avoiding the nasty consequences of seeing too much evil."

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-23, 02:29 PM
"I can keep my Sight open, for the most part. I know it's supposed to have all these terrible consequences if you use it too much, all these things you can't forget, but let's be real here: when, like me, you've gotten to the point where you check in on /d/ every few days just to see what they're up to, there's not much that really phases you anymore."

LordChaos13
2013-12-23, 08:11 PM
"If your concerned about the victim not showing up...I'm simply glad a Lady of the Night looks different in victorian times than the skimpy clothes of the present day."
Two spells emanate from the feminine Incarnate's wand. One cracking like an eggshell on her head, descending and obscuring the girl from view. Then a self-aimed "Confundus Obscurus", impacting the spell not herself.
Convincing it that the world around Erin is vastly different, conjuring the vision of a Lady of the Night wrapped around her instead of projecting what was truly on the other side of her

"Also I doubt they are worried about mental stresses of seeing That Which Should Not but rather the physiological manifestations which a rather vulgar message board cannot emulate."

ArlEammon
2013-12-23, 10:18 PM
Shao Kahn turns to Hermione. "Why are we wasting time when we could just slaughter our way through this Earth city and cause it to appear on it's own? This is highly inefficient and greatly ineffective." Shao Kahn spoke with great irritation and aggravation in his voice.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-23, 10:54 PM
"Heh. Don't be silly, slaughter is rarely efficient. That's part of the reason we're going to win this."

ArlEammon
2013-12-23, 10:59 PM
"Heh. Don't be silly, slaughter is rarely efficient. That's part of the reason we're going to win this."

"And by slaughter, you mean our aptly named bogey man, and not the action of culling?" Shao Kahn said in a snark.

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-24, 12:19 AM
"They're one and the same, are they not? Or, they're supposed to be, anyways. Seems a bit like he's going through his minimalist period at the moment."

LordChaos13
2013-12-24, 01:47 AM
"He is hiding. Retreating into one specific host to be drawn out in a trap based on said host. If he was not then one of the other Powers would be able to track him down and cull him like he did in front of us. Thus, we tempt him out like this."

Erik Vale
2013-12-25, 07:36 AM
Whilst the rest of the group had reconveened, Erik had decided on his approach, which may well save a women knowing Rippers prodigious talents, and fully knowing slaughter is likely better.

His approach, well, he currently looked every bit like Ripper's next target by descriptions, and the he made a detour to walk by the group and smile as he continues to where the women was supposedly killed.

He leaves his mind almost open basically asking for the various mind readers in the group to read his mind as he thinks:
'This is his next victim, due soon methinks. So, now to be bait.'

3SecondCultist
2013-12-25, 01:27 PM
When he saw Erik transform into his bait form, James simply nodded in approval.
A smart plan. He can lure Slaughter out of hiding. My empathy is picking up bits and pieces, but without a touch it isn't that effective.
But with mental defences down, will not Slaughter be wise to the trap? Besides, the Powers we have faced thus far seem to have a knack for countering our own abilities. And he knows us. I think Erik might need some help on this one. He moved next to the woman, extending a minor telekinetic bubble around her with ease. It would block out civilians, but he would let the other Namers through. So if Slaughter showed up and broke the field just like Greed had, he would have a few precious seconds to burn more cadmium. "We won't have long to do this. I'm worried that I may be too slow - these incarnations have a tendency to ignore the regular rules of space-time."

Erik Vale
2013-12-25, 06:51 PM
'I'm deliberately projecting. Do you really think I'd do that all the time.'

Erik shakes his head as he walks away, his thoughts suddenly going very silent.

D20ragon
2013-12-25, 08:57 PM
Rob.
Roooob! Pay attention to me!
Greed sits in your mind, in the form of a 9 year old girl on a mountain of toys, kicking its legs.

When he saw Erik transform into his bait form, James simply nodded in approval.
A smart plan. He can lure Slaughter out of hiding. My empathy is picking up bits and pieces, but without a touch it isn't that effective.
But with mental defences down, will not Slaughter be wise to the trap? Besides, the Powers we have faced thus far seem to have a knack for countering our own abilities. And he knows us. I think Erik might need some help on this one. He moved next to the woman, extending a minor telekinetic bubble around her with ease. It would block out civilians, but he would let the other Namers through. So if Slaughter showed up and broke the field just like Greed had, he would have a few precious seconds to burn more cadmium. "We won't have long to do this. I'm worried that I may be too slow - these incarnations have a tendency to ignore the regular rules of space-time."

James is slow, so very slow.
Can't protect his friends, you know.
Stupid James, so dumb and slow, I've already slaughtered her, you know.

Erik's throat spills apart into the snow, led in its destruction by a large knife.
The image fades, replaced by the empty snow.

Merry Christmas Erik!
Enjoy it while you can![
You'll never catch me, I'm the butcher shop man!

Erik.
You fall to your knees, panting. A woman stops by, staring at you.

"are you all right, dear? Even the poorest deserve a merry Christmas!"

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-25, 11:40 PM
Rob turns from the terminal in his mind, looking briefly over the small mountain of toys that seems to have formed in his mind-room. Not stopping, he turns the other 180 degrees back to the terminal. Beside him, Elodin rolls his eyes.
This is... intolerable.
Well, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. This one's different. He either escaped the Reliquary, or he was just never there in the first place. Perhaps he's not linked to the coin this time?
It matters not: he's still a pain in the backside. Damn, I hate his voice.
Who doesn't? Still, Elodin's right. What can we do? I guess we've just got to face it, we're not as strong as we once were. Even here in our mind, where reality is ours to shape, he defies us. In our experience, nothing should be able to do that, but perhaps it's just because our experience consists mainly of being nigh-unstoppable.
Worth considering. As the unofficial master of our mind, I must say I feel as though something is missing these days. A chunk of our self is missing, no doubt.
I can confirm this. While we are just as effective, physically, our mental powers give diminished readings. Is there something that happened in our absence, Rob?
Yeah. I know what it is. I took on the burden of that memory to spare you guys. He shudders, and ever so briefly, a door becomes visible on the far wall. It is gone just as quickly. Though some days I wish I hadn't...
Rob sighs, and turns back to Greed once more, leaving Eva at the controls to deal with Slaughter.
Well, it seems as though we're not getting rid of you so easily. And you know what? If I can't even get rid of a nuisance like you, maybe I need help. So how about we do it like this: you help me, and I'll try to help you. What is it that you want? What is your foremost desire? And if I help you get it, will you help me get what I want?

LordChaos13
2013-12-26, 01:58 AM
Erin reaches into her Handbag of Holding, withdrawing an innocuous looking hairbrush

"Right, this is emitting an Anti-Muggle Ward for 500 metres. If you lot can stay around here and we see a normal person, take them out it's Slaughter. If you suddenly remember an appointment, we'll need to think of something else."

OOC: The anti-muggle is like the anti-wizard ward, designed to drive away Muggles. Since Magic is apparently everything now it's unclear if any magic-user would count as a wizard or just a specific "I am a HP Wizard, I can see through it"
Squibs, who can see hidden Magical Creatures (like Dementors who are invisible to Muggles) count as a Wizard for these purposes, further muddying the issue as they are a Wizard without the ability to actually cast a spell but has every other component. meaning anti-muggle doesn't target the ability to do Magic, but rather see it, which translates oddly to a place without such a masqerade

silphael
2013-12-26, 06:08 AM

You wanna say something?

Why cadmium and not orichalcum?

What... are... you... talking... about?

I'm not deaf, you know... just a random thought, like that...

You do have random thoughts?

No.

As ready as always, Ethan moves out of the place in order to use some discretion again.

Erik Vale
2013-12-26, 06:42 AM
Erik bites back a curse, he hadn't even seen him, and the knife slid right through his armor even if the wound was already healed fiixng that would be near impossible.
He brought his hand up to the neck of his suit rubbing it with the back of his hand using his hand to feel for breaks, which would appear to be scratching his neck. His voice would do no good passing as a girls, so he tapped into Sonea's.
'I'm fine thank you, just missed my step." he appears to smile back.

OOC: I have two magic uses in me so I'm fine.

D20ragon
2013-12-26, 09:44 AM
Rob turns from the terminal in his mind, looking briefly over the small mountain of toys that seems to have formed in his mind-room. Not stopping, he turns the other 180 degrees back to the terminal. Beside him, Elodin rolls his eyes.
This is... intolerable.
Well, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. This one's different. He either escaped the Reliquary, or he was just never there in the first place. Perhaps he's not linked to the coin this time?
It matters not: he's still a pain in the backside. Damn, I hate his voice.
Who doesn't? Still, Elodin's right. What can we do? I guess we've just got to face it, we're not as strong as we once were. Even here in our mind, where reality is ours to shape, he defies us. In our experience, nothing should be able to do that, but perhaps it's just because our experience consists mainly of being nigh-unstoppable.
Worth considering. As the unofficial master of our mind, I must say I feel as though something is missing these days. A chunk of our self is missing, no doubt.
I can confirm this. While we are just as effective, physically, our mental powers give diminished readings. Is there something that happened in our absence, Rob?
Yeah. I know what it is. I took on the burden of that memory to spare you guys. He shudders, and ever so briefly, a door becomes visible on the far wall. It is gone just as quickly. Though some days I wish I hadn't...
Rob sighs, and turns back to Greed once more, leaving Eva at the controls to deal with Slaughter.
Well, it seems as though we're not getting rid of you so easily. And you know what? If I can't even get rid of a nuisance like you, maybe I need help. So how about we do it like this: you help me, and I'll try to help you. What is it that you want? What is your foremost desire? And if I help you get it, will you help me get what I want?

If you want something, I want it as well. I am you now, remember?

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-26, 12:03 PM
I am no such thing. You may be along for the ride, but I'm not integrating your mind into mine. As you can see, that's not the kind of partition scheme we're going for here. I'm afraid you'll have to tell me what it is you want.

D20ragon
2013-12-28, 12:57 PM
Rob.

I told you! I want everything!

The little girl stop kicking her legs, and leans forward, with the air of an extremely precocious child.

you don't seem too smart, so I'll explain. I am want. I want everything that anybody has ever wanted. As long as my host and I want something nearby, I am powerful. I can have my want. When my host has its want, I am no longer so powerful, until they want something else a lot. Do you see? It's very simple, really. Oh! Do you like slaughterhouses?

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-28, 09:06 PM
You know what? I can deal with that. First, though, let's set some ground rules; get to know what our limits are. Can you tell what I want right now? What I want most of all?

D20ragon
2013-12-28, 09:45 PM
Well, I want you to pay attention!
Greed shrieks.
we're in a slaughterhouse! Did you want to be here?

Your deepest want? That's easy! All mortals want life. Next question: why are we in a slaughterhouse?

Sen isSaqqara
2013-12-28, 10:06 PM
I trust Eva to take care of our physical body, for the moment. She's the most powerful individual I know below planet-breaking level, especially in single combats. She's also still got a large portion of the siphoning spell I was going to use on you suspended and ready to use. Wherever we are, slaughterhouse or city or whatever, she can deal with it. But enough of that.
You're right. The deepest desire of all mortals is to live. But that's not what I asked. Can you see as deep into my mind as you think, little Greed? Can you tell me what it is that I want beyond all other things?

Outside, Eva!Rob surveys her surroundings.

DoctorFaust
2013-12-28, 11:58 PM
As soon as artifact pulled out by Erin starts to affect the area, a dull cloud starts to settle over Daniels mind. He begins to stand, not entirely sure why he's sitting on a roof in Victorian London, but a sharp cold pain on his chest stops him. Pulling out his silver medallion, he smiles at it as the fog burns away as if chased by wildfire.

Resuming his seat, Daniel thinks hard in the direction of the clump of Namers, Which one of you just tried to pull some mind control? If it was aimed at me, let's get the issue out of the way now, and if it wasn't, warn me before you start pulling sh!t like that again. I could get the wrong idea.

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 12:15 AM
"Hey I did warn you, wel after the fact I guess. It's an anti-muggle ward, designed to ward away people who aren't Squibs or Wizards. I'm unsure how that interacts with our kind of person, or even foreigners to my native world."

ArlEammon
2013-12-29, 12:22 AM
"If something is powerful enough to create us, and gives us the power to combine all of our talents and abilities together despite some seeming contradictions in various universal laws, I would find it difficult to understand if an Anti-Muggle Field did work, unless some of us have had few, or worse, NO magical reincarnations at all."

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 12:29 AM
"Except a Squib does not use magic and is yet unaffected by the Ward.
The ward is actually based upon that of a Dementor's Cloak which is unseen by a muggle yet perfectly visible to Squibs and Witches.
Also it does provide a certain weakness in the opposing Ward, that of an Anti-Wizard. Although it does work upon myself too so its a niche use."

DoctorFaust
2013-12-29, 12:32 AM
I can see your mouths moving from up here, but I can't hear what you're saying. If you wouldn't mind, can you send to me? Or would that be too much of an inconvience? Daniel thinks, managing to think the last bit sarcastically.

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 12:34 AM
Rolling her eyes the thoughts project into Danny's head, well actually the memory of the words being spoken from her POV

DoctorFaust
2013-12-29, 12:41 AM
Grinning at the feeling of irateness that got transmitted along with the conversation, Daniel replies, That's much better, thanks. And yeah, no innate magic in any of mine personae. Or if Revan, the only one who might, does, it's dissimilar enough from yours to not register with the ward.

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 12:57 AM
Erin appears next to the guy with a small crack, looking in the middle of turning for an instant
"In that case, keep this in an extradimensional thing." Tossing what looks like an umbrella stick you put in a cocktail "Now if you'll excuse me I just remembered I have to look for Slaughter." Vanishing with another crack

D20ragon
2013-12-29, 07:41 AM
Rob!Eva

The scent of blood and rot fills the air. You are standing in a large warehouse, the dim light reflecting off of the gleaming metal which fills the vast rooms shelves. Knives: hooks, scalpels, cleavers everywhere, some hanging from the ceiling alongside slabs of flesh, like some macabre mobile. The sound of dripping blood fills your ears, mingled with the gentle chiming of the hanging knives against one another.
A man stands up against a shelf. He is dressed as a soldier, World War Two era, holding a rifle causally at his side. The room turns his sunglasses vaguely red and silver. He waves at you, rather slowly.

To the others, Rob is no longer where he once was standing. Rather, his body lies in the snow, slowly staining it red from the blood pouring out of his eyes .
Nobody saw it happen. He was up on minute, and down the next, bloody holes were once where eyes.

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 07:47 AM
Erin is there in an instant, probing his mind with the Phoenix's psychic powers while every detection spell she knows pours from her lips

D20ragon
2013-12-29, 07:54 AM
The cause is apparent: two bullet holes in his eyes. In his final memories, he was shot, he knew that, though not from where, or who did the deed. He seems well and truly dead, his brain slowly shutting down. None of his incarnations remain. In his death, Rob is truly mortal.

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 08:10 AM
"No. I refuse to let this happen."
While she was a rune mistress rather than a healer she was in a war. Battlefield healing was learned, even after the war was over, just in case of another uprising.
Summoning enough potion bottles from her bag to drown an elephant Hermione places the slowly cooling body in complete stasis, then unbinds the spell just enough to allow the potions to take effect. His heart, if it were beating, would be beating once a minute normally.
The bullets gently removed and a plethora of magical energy dumped into his eyes. Spell after spell, potion after potions
Some to repair brain damage, nerves, even a spell to unshatter his skull from the bullets. Every bone fragment removed from the brain reforming perfectly not the slightest malformation beyond that inflicted by genetics or poor lifestyle choices. Injuries vanishing completely.

Phoenix's power flaring trying to hold his brain from deforming, holding the crayon pathways of nerves by pure force of will

Erik Vale
2013-12-29, 04:18 PM
Erik stands in shock as he watches Hermione and Pheonix at work, having stepped back, however his head seems to automatically turn as he begins scanning the area [Six and Wolverine] in a battlestance, watching Hermione's healing methods while stepping closer to begin assisting [Sonea] and reaching into one of the many bags of holding for a coin of life or scroll of resurection, whichever he happened upon first [Aleandrea].

"The more I see of this the more I see this being the worst idea anyone ever had. What a stra- Get out of my mouth I thought I set that ground rule you can compare notes later... Though it is good to have someone who can resurrect others on hand"

LordChaos13
2013-12-29, 07:26 PM
"Death is permanent, one cannot raise the dead truly. Though many wounds that should be fatal are fixable if time has not passed.
Provided his soul has not passed, which I doubt given that I can sense his memories then it is a simple matter to fix the wound."
The words projected psychically as Erin's voice is otherwise occupied with words of Magic.
A corona of magic surrounding the girl, the shimmering haze flooding Sonea's senses for magic beyond even the Arena Shield, any magic that dissipates immediately replaced from the multicoloured stream from wand tip to wounded man.
"You, the girl. You know Healing, I can sense faint memories of your lessons, your thinking of them. I know only battlefield and rudimentary healing, basic and all-encompassing yet weak and general. Help."