PDA

View Full Version : Caulendar Trap

Soris Atham
2013-11-26, 08:16 PM
A player falls into a pit trap filled with water. The pit has a nearby lever, along with several rows of circular indentations in the floor.

Upon pulling the lever, the indentations open and water begins draining through the floor. The water then flows to a second chamber filled with heated coils.

The water re-enters the pit in the form of high-pressure steam. The player must escape the pit quickly to avoid being boiled alive.

TuggyNE
2013-11-27, 06:11 AM
A player falls into a pit trap filled with water. The pit has a nearby lever, along with several rows of circular indentations in the floor.

Upon pulling the lever, the indentations open and water begins draining through the floor. The water then flows to a second chamber filled with heated coils.

The water re-enters the pit in the form of high-pressure steam. The player must escape the pit quickly to avoid being boiled alive.

So, 10d6/round, Fort half? Try looking at the SRD Traps page (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/traps.htm#designingATrap) to stat this out.

Soris Atham
2013-11-27, 07:39 PM
I'll check out that page, thanks.

Still looking for a way to use this trap in my dungeon...

D20ragon
2013-11-27, 08:55 PM
For a doubly deadly trap, you could have a room with two levers. when you enter the room, door locks behind you, and the room fills with water up to about your chin. When one lever is pulled, the water drains out, becomes steam. If the other is pulled, it fills the room up to the ceiling in water.

Soris Atham
2013-11-28, 04:25 AM
I like that idea. I'll have to assign a Difficulty Check for perception and disable device.

This will at least give my party a decent chance to survive.