PDA

View Full Version : Part 2 Gestalt Help

Houndour
2013-11-27, 02:43 AM
Is there anyway not to be Lawful in a Gestalt of Cleric//Monk? I mean how does Alignment work in gestalt in Pathfinder?

Is there an Archetype other then Martial Artist that removes it?

What does Lawful mean in terms of the monk? Does that mean the Monk must obey the keep off the grass sign or is this more Lawful to his orders tenants?

I found out my DM is gonna roll with my gods favored weapon will work with my monk's flurry of blows because it works thematically given the whole cleric monk idea.
So which weapon should I be going for? Its a Module for sure but my DM will let me make up a god for this as its mostly his own ideas.

Edit: Though the idea of a Ripsaw Glaive (Also called Sawblade Glaive) as a Cleric//Monk is kinda boss.

Runeclaw
2013-11-27, 03:02 AM
There are no official rules for Pathfinder Gestalt, but under the normal 3.5 Gestalt rules, you would have to follow alignment restrictions normally. Ask your DM.

For you weapon, definitely pick a two handed reach weapon.

Feralventas
2013-11-27, 03:39 AM
There was a playtest released recently that has a class called a Brawler included, and if you can get that okayed, it's a light-armored unarmed fighter, complete with Monk's unarmed strike progression, several features that aid your unnarmed combat, and the ability to learn and trade out bonus combat feats the way Sorcerers do spells known as they level. They can also get temporary feats for a minute a number of times per day raised by level, and Awesome Blow as a capstone, though that's kinda weak for lvl20.

Anyway, if you can get your hands on the playtest release for it, Brawler has no alignment restrictions, can make some use of Cleric's proficiency, and is pretty much able to replace the standard PF monk in terms of the job it does, while the Quingong options are probably more viable for being a supernatural, spiritual kung-fu monk.