PDA

View Full Version : Ordained Duskblade?

Deox
2013-11-27, 11:35 AM
I'm interested to know if it would be legal to enter and stay as an Ordained Champion as a Duskblade. Specifically, I'm interested in the OC's "Channel Spell" which states any spell can be stored into a melee weapon.

I can obtain entry using Southern Magician to cast Magic Weapon, but my question is what happens at OC levels 2 and 3 with no +1 divine casting? I believe that since you have no divine spellcasting to actually progress, this spellcasting increase doesn't actually happen.

Am I incorrect?

Secondly,(IFF the above were RAW) would the effects of Arcane Channeling and Channel Spell somehow (using the term loosely) "stack"? Theoretically being able to take an Orb of Force and channel into a melee weapon (unarmed strike) using Ordained Champion. Next, the character would take a full attack (assuming the first attack hit), discharge the Orb, cast a new spell, and continue? Gut says so, but would like second opinion.

I see it no different than a quickened spell + a spell storing weapon on a full attack.

Diarmuid
2013-11-27, 12:49 PM
They wouldnt stack.

In your example, the OC's channel would be done ahead of time and now the Orb is in the weapon and will discharge on the next thing it hits.

The DB's channel would require a separate Full Attack Action (for a full attack) along with casting another spell that would effect all of the targets hit during the full attack, and the spell would end after all attacks have been made (in case it could have lasted longer).

Deox
2013-11-27, 02:21 PM
Phooey.

Thanks for the clarification.