PDA

View Full Version : Building a themed enemy

Telonius
2013-11-27, 12:30 PM
Bell, Book, and Candle folks, please stay out.

I'm currently putting together an adventure path (1-20) for my players. There are a large number of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" references sprinkled throughout the entire adventure. It's not meant to "have MLP in D&D" - for instance, there are no actual attempts to stat out the Mane Six, more like pony-inspired characters and references. (An apple farmer named Jacqueline, the high fashion store called "Octavia's Rare Finds," that sort of thing). It's not really the focus of the campaign, either; more like Easter Eggs for the players.

So, the planning is coming up to some pretty high levels, and the main plotline is going to take them to an area that's been the subject of hundreds of years of a weird interbreeding program. (Basically, imagine that a crazed succubus has been in charge for a few hundred centuries, and you get the idea). Which sounds like it's the ideal time to introduce my Discord-themed character.

Right now, I have him statted up as:

Draconic (template) Piper (from Bastards and Bloodlines)
Cloistered Cleric3/Bard4/Geomancer10

Notable Drift:
Stage 1: Houseruling to change cat tail to dragon tail
Stage 3: Deer Antler
Stage 3: Lion-like Claw
Stage 5: Feathered or Batlike Wings (*using rule of cool to replace "Or" with "And")

So, does this sound like a winner? Any other thematic things I'm missing? Or any better ways to go about this? :smallamused: