PDA

View Full Version : Sneak attack weapon enhancement ?

Jgosse
2013-11-27, 01:44 PM
is there in any book a Sneak attack weapon enhancement? I am thinking a none ranger who has a particular distaste for X can get a X weapon granting them in a way a favored enemy via bane. is it possible to have a sneak attack weapon enhancement granting the wielder say the same bonus as bane but on flat footed victems?

RMS Oceanic
2013-11-27, 01:54 PM
Deadly Precision. It comes in two flavours:

-Original: Complete Arcane. A +2 enhancement bonus for +2d6 sneak attack.
-Revised: Magic Item Compendium. A +1 bonus for +1d6 sneak attack.

Diarmuid
2013-11-27, 01:55 PM
There are specific weapons that increase your SA dice. There's also the Sword of Subtlety that simply adds +4 Hit/Dmg when making a sneak attack.

OldTrees1
2013-11-27, 01:55 PM
Deadly Precision (MIC +1 equivalent) +1d6 to an existing Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike ability

Harlot
2013-11-27, 02:01 PM
You want sneak attack without a feat? Swordsages have that if they get Assasins Stance, as I recall it...
Tome of Battle.

Darrin
2013-11-27, 02:12 PM
Mantle of the Predator (8000 GP, MIC) grants +1d6 damage against foes that are denied their Dex bonus. It's not explictly idenified as Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike, but works almost the same way.

Rogue's Vest (18000 GP, MIC) also grants +1d6 sneak attack damage, but you have to have the ability to begin with.

However, if the Ranger doesn't already have sneak attack, none of these options are going to help much. Martial Study + Martial Stance can be used to get Assassin's Stance for 2d6 sneak attack, but not everyone agrees if this "counts" for the purposes of feats/PrCs that require sneak attack. Or you could just dip 1 level into Sneak Attack Fighter (Unearthed Arcana).

If you're just looking to increase damage against a particular Favored Enemy, then the Improved Favored Enemy (Complete Warrior) adds +3 damage, which is almost like +1d6 (+3.5 average damage). Nemesis (Book of Exalted Deeds) adds +1d6 damage if the favored enemy is evil.

Jgosse
2013-11-27, 02:13 PM
I don't really think +1 for conditional 1d6 is worth it.the sword of subtlety Is probably seems interesting but I was looking for a weapon enhancement that just gives any one using it sneak attack. I have never used tomb of battle maybe I should take another look but if I wanted to take a dip to get sneak attack I would take rouge .

Jgosse
2013-11-27, 02:17 PM
Mantle of the Predator (8000 GP, MIC) grants +1d6 damage against foes that are denied their Dex bonus. It's not explictly idenified as Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike, but works almost the same way.

Rogue's Vest (18000 GP, MIC) also grants +1d6 sneak attack damage, but you have to have the ability to begin with.

However, if the Ranger doesn't already have sneak attack, none of these options are going to help much. Martial Study + Martial Stance can be used to get Assassin's Stance for 2d6 sneak attack, but not everyone agrees if this "counts" for the purposes of feats/PrCs that require sneak attack. Or you could just dip 1 level into Sneak Attack Fighter (Unearthed Arcana).

If you're just looking to increase damage against a particular Favored Enemy, then the Improved Favored Enemy (Complete Warrior) adds +3 damage, which is almost like +1d6 (+3.5 average damage). Nemesis (Book of Exalted Deeds) adds +1d6 damage if the favored enemy is evil.

I am not asking about this for a ranger that was just an example. any one can get a bane weapon that mimics in part a favored enemy.

Harlot
2013-11-27, 02:20 PM
If you do get sneak attack somehow, get a blurstrike weapon to flatfoot your enemies. Nice combo.

mabriss lethe
2013-11-27, 03:01 PM
There's also the Assassination enhancement. (MIC?Dungeonscape?Complete Scoundrel? I don't remember.) I'm afb, but it's either a +1 or +2. It grants a 1d6 bonus to sneak attack damage and boosts the save DC of any poison applied to it.

Greenish
2013-11-27, 04:29 PM
There's also the Assassination enhancement. (MIC?Dungeonscape?Complete Scoundrel? I don't remember.) I'm afb, but it's either a +1 or +2. It grants a 1d6 bonus to sneak attack damage and boosts the save DC of any poison applied to it.Cityscape web enhancement. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070314a)

Curmudgeon
2013-11-27, 04:31 PM
Deadly Precision. It comes in two flavours:

-Original: Complete Arcane. A +2 enhancement bonus for +2d6 sneak attack.
-Revised: Magic Item Compendium. A +1 bonus for +1d6 sneak attack.
Your first citation is off; that should be Complete Adventurer. But in either version, Deadly Precision doesn't actually provide sneak attack; it's just untyped damage which you get if you qualify.
A deadly precision weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of damage whenever you make a successful sneak attack or sudden strike (CAd 8) with it. The property grants no benefit if you don't already have one of these class features, and its bonus doesn't increase if you have both.

Urpriest
2013-11-27, 09:48 PM
I am not asking about this for a ranger that was just an example. any one can get a bane weapon that mimics in part a favored enemy.

That's false. Bane and favored enemy are not related in.

animewatcha
2013-11-27, 11:16 PM
There are specific weapons that increase your SA dice. There's also the Sword of Subtlety that simply adds +4 Hit/Dmg when making a sneak attack.

Where is sword of subtlety found and what other weapons?

Thurbane
2013-11-27, 11:37 PM
That's false. Bane and favored enemy are not related in.
Well it kind of does.

A Ranger's favored enemy gives, among other things, +2 to damage that can be increased as you gain Ranger levels. The enhancement bonus increases by +2 on a Bane weapon against the chosen enemy type.

Bolding mine.

Obviously a Bane weapon does not count as favored enemy in qualifying for feats or PrCs.

Where is sword of subtlety found and what other weapons?
Arms and Equipment Guide, from memory. Not sure about the others other than those already mentioned in this topic. My mistake, it's right there in the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm)/DMG.

Bullet06320
2013-11-28, 04:10 AM
its not exactly sneak attack, but adding the triple throw weapon enhancement from epic level handbook, but get u 2 extra weapons, but doesn't grant extra precision damage from sneak attack, etc.

Luckmann
2018-06-28, 05:33 PM
There's also the Assassination enhancement. (MIC?Dungeonscape?Complete Scoundrel? I don't remember.) I'm afb, but it's either a +1 or +2. It grants a 1d6 bonus to sneak attack damage and boosts the save DC of any poison applied to it.This thing is jus obscene. It doesn't actually give sneak attack, it gives a similar bonus that stacks with Sneak Attack, but the crazy part is that it doesn't activate when you flank - it activates against flanked enemies.

That's a HUGE difference when it comes to ranged attacks especially, but even better, it THEN *explicitly* stacks with sneak attacks. I'm shocked this thing does not come up more often.

Edit: Sorry for necro. Phoneposting and wasn't thinking.

DrMotives
2018-06-28, 06:22 PM
Hellforged weapons get a +1 to damage when flanking. It often stacks with sneak attack.