PDA

View Full Version : Help With Gmail

AtlanteanTroll
2013-11-27, 02:02 PM
My Gmail inbox has gotten huge, so huge I am embarrassed to say how huge it has gotten, is there a simple way to delete everything at once? I've looked around on Google, but all the methods seem to be for an older version.

Help please? :smallsmile:

shawnhcorey
2013-11-27, 02:50 PM
Sign in to Google and go to their home page. Up near the top right is a link marked, "Gmail". Click on it and you will be in your INBOX. There's a checkbox with a down arrow near the top on the left. Chick on it and a "Delete forever" link will appear. Click on that. You may have to do this for each page, but it's faster than one at a time.

AtlanteanTroll
2013-11-28, 07:49 PM
Sign in to Google and go to their home page. Up near the top right is a link marked, "Gmail". Click on it and you will be in your INBOX. There's a checkbox with a down arrow near the top on the left. Chick on it and a "Delete forever" link will appear. Click on that. You may have to do this for each page, but it's faster than one at a time.

Yeah, I already know about that ... That takes way too long. And I know there use to be a way to wipe your entire inbox at once.

Cobalt
2013-11-28, 10:27 PM
After you check an entire page, a yellow text bar should pop up at the top of the highest email saying "All 50 conversations on this page are selected. Select all 25,996 conversations in Inbox". The numbers there are just in my case. You really, really do not have to do it for every page, that would be insane. Check the page, click the underlined text, then the trash icon, and you can clear your entire inbox after a brief (?) load.

Runestar
2013-11-29, 05:18 AM
Do people even delete emails anymore these days? :smalltongue:

KillianHawkeye
2013-11-29, 05:22 AM

Are you saying you never get e-mails with that are useless to keep after reading them? I get plenty of things like notifications for this or that which I certainly don't need to keep forever.

thubby
2013-11-29, 05:43 AM
Are you saying you never get e-mails with that are useless to keep after reading them? I get plenty of things like notifications for this or that which I certainly don't need to keep forever.

there are tons of emails that are useless, but to that end they're not even worth reading, much less deleting. every inbox I'm aware of chucks emails after some time period or as the box fills automatically.

shawnhcorey
2013-11-29, 08:59 AM

I either delete it or save it on my desktop as an action item. I don't keep emails that are not important (and the important ones are action items).

Cobalt
2013-11-29, 11:16 PM

Maybe. I clearly don't; too much trouble. If there were an actual consequence to keeping every email ever, then I'd probably delete them all out of fear of the "eventually." As it is, my inbox serves as a substitute for going to YouTube to check subscriptions.

there are tons of emails that are useless, but to that end they're not even worth reading, much less deleting. every inbox I'm aware of chucks emails after some time period or as the box fills automatically.

I'm at 3% of what Google allows, apparently. I imagine that after the other 97% fills, I'll start to lose those precious, precious automatically-generated welcome emails.

I'll cry that day away, and then stop caring.