PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What to build for this group?

Feint's End
2013-11-27, 04:45 PM
Well so here is the thing. I got invited to join an ongoing game on this forums and I'm not entirely sure on what to build since I'm not so experience with building characters with the limited sources available.

Books allowed right of the bat:

Player's Handbook 1&2
Monster Manual's 1-5
DMG 1
SPC
MiC
Complete Adventure
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Mage
Complete Warrior
Races of the Wild
Unearthed Arcana

So other books are out for now ... may be added throughout the campaign but nothing I can create the character off.

current group (without me):

human prestige paladin/cleric/inquisitor, focused on DMM Persist

drow lolth touched paladin of freedom/wizard/Abj, Champion

grey elf conjurer

grey elf beguiler

human dragon shaman (white dragon)/marshal

So I'd like to have some suggestions on what to use. From the first perspective I'd say the group lacks real damage. Duskblade?

Sian
2013-11-27, 04:48 PM
Skillmonkeying is (somewhat) covered by the Beguiler, so look into damage.

If it were allowed i'd pick something psionic since i have a soft spot for them :)

Feint's End
2013-11-27, 04:59 PM
Skillmonkeying is (somewhat) covered by the Beguiler, so look into damage.

If it were allowed i'd pick something psionic since i have a soft spot for them :)

Haha tell me :smallbiggrin: ... my profile pic should give it away and I'm currently working on a guide for a psionic class (Won't reveal which one it is though till it's in a decent shape). Already asked if psionics are allowed.

edit: psionics ist out ... look at OP

nedz
2013-11-27, 10:05 PM
Duskblade, a fourth arcanist should do fine.

But more importantly: what do you want to play ? They seem to have almost everything, except a Bard.

Raezeman
2013-11-28, 04:01 AM
how about a blaster type spell caster, like the warmage?
Or a battle sorcerer going abjurant champion two-weapon fighting power attacker?
Does it need to be optimised?

Arc_knight25
2013-11-28, 09:06 AM
That party is pretty well balanced. You really can be anything you wanted to be. The only area's I can think of would be skill monkey and a utility caster with a few blaster spells.

So if I had to vote I would say Warmage into Rainbow servant to have all divine spells on your spell list. Now that is utility. Doesn't turn on until 15-16 but you can easily fill the blasting role till then. Take eclectic learning to broaden your spells away from evocation spells.

Randomguy
2013-11-28, 09:08 AM
Duskblade should be fine. Whirling frenzy Barbarian would work well too, you seem to have all the books you need for an ubercharger.

Jgosse
2013-11-28, 09:22 AM
2 humans and 3 elves play a half-ogre barbarian x/fighter2/frenzied berserker. they all have magic so play a martial class. If I was Dming a Party who relied that much on magic I would throw a dungeon that is encompassed by a massive anti magic field at them.