PDA

View Full Version : PF: Teenage Mutant Ninja Half-Orcs

A Lawless Lad
2013-11-28, 02:51 AM
I had thought of a hilarious idea if you have three people in a campaign who are willing to join you on it.

Without explicitly stating it to the DM what you're doing, have four people roll up Half-Orc Ninjas. Their names will be Leo, Ralph, Don, and Mike. They will use a katana, sais, a bō staff, and nunchaku respectively. Make sure that any money you acquire is first spent acquiring headbands of alluring charisma (make sure to choose the right color).

As part of your backstory, you were trained by a ratfolk monk named Master Sliver to defeat your archnemesis the Slicer.

See how long it takes your DM to catch on.

The Oni
2013-11-28, 03:53 AM
For additional lulz, describe the backstory veeeeeery differently for each character. After all, it'll certainly sound different coming from Don as opposed to Mike.

Kudaku
2013-11-28, 04:02 AM
Thiiiiis is the kind of thing I'd only do with a DM I knew well and who had the same sense of humor, and I'd also bring "my real character" so I could swap that in right quick.

Balyano
2013-11-28, 04:27 AM
The names might be a little too similar i noticed that Raph is Ralph, you could do that with the other names, maybe turn Leo into Lee and Don into Dan, might make it take longer. If you make it to 6th level two of you need to take leadership and get cohort expies of April O'neil and Casey Jones.

A Lawless Lad
2013-11-28, 09:43 AM
The names might be a little too similar i noticed that Raph is Ralph, you could do that with the other names, maybe turn Leo into Lee and Don into Dan, might make it take longer. If you make it to 6th level two of you need to take leadership and get cohort expies of April O'neil and Casey Jones.

What class would you make April? Casey Jones (Carson James, to keep with the theme of shameless ripoffs) is an obvious human Urban Barbarian. And the names could be Ralph, Lee, Mitch, and Dan.

Spore
2013-11-28, 10:27 AM
April is an detective bard, obviously. May O'Shaunnessy?

grarrrg
2013-11-28, 11:19 AM
If the lesser races are allowed, Nagaji (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-nagaji) fit better than Half-Orc.

(emphasis added)

The reptilian nagaji have scaly flesh—these scales are typically green, gray, or brown in hue, with colorful ridges of red, blue, or orange on their skulls or backs. Their ears and noses are flat, almost to the point of being nonexistent, while their eyes are those of serpents, ranging widely in color but tending toward golds, reds, yellows, and other warm hues.

Stat mods are acceptable, +STR/CHA -INT, the -INT really only hurts "Dan", and the +CHA is only out of character for "Ralph" (unless doing an Intimidate thing for Ralph).

They have a Natural Armor bonus (shell).

They have the Reptilian subtype, which while not fully accurate, is close enough.

If you wanted the ruse to last longer, find a couple of other fitting races, and make one of each to further throw off the scent. 1 Nagaji, 1 Half-Orc, 1 Grippli (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-grippli) (frog-man), and...not sure what else would fit well. Maybe Full Orc for "Ralph" as he's probably got the worst mentals overall?

That reminds me...I thought this out a while ago (who hasn't?).
Best STR is Raph, worst is probably Mikey
Best DEX is Mikey, worst is probably Don (he's the least physical)
CON is good all around
Best INT is Don, worst is Mikey/Raph
Best WIS is Leo, worst is Mikey/Raph
Best CHA is Mikey, worst is Don or Raph (depending on if Intimidate or not)

Class-wise they should technically all have mostly levels in Ninja and/or Monk.
But for a party, and for the sake of sneaking it past the DM this wouldn't work so well.
For level 1 starts maybe go with:
Ralph > TWF Barbarian with Daggers
Lee > Paladin
Dan > Ninja actually works really well here for the Skill Points and all
Mitch > nothing really jumps out at me... thoughts?

Urban Barbarian is pretty much perfect for "Carson".
"Avril" did train with a sword for a bit, so I'd put her as more Martial, less Caster, so no Bard variant, Rogue maybe.

Spore
2013-11-28, 11:24 AM
"Avril" did train with a sword for a bit, so I'd put her as more Martial, less Caster, so no Bard variant, Rogue maybe.

So she knows where to stick the pointy end. That is no reason. Still you'd need something to up her investigation skills. And her charisma is at least in the 20s (double D....at of normal folk).

Darrin
2013-11-28, 11:36 AM
You know, Dragon #315 published stats for a Tortle race.

Crazysaneman
2013-11-28, 11:40 AM
Just a thought, but "Avril" could be an investigator from the upcoming PF advanced class guide. Seems to fit reasonably well. Also "Carson" could be a brawler.

Zrak
2013-11-28, 12:16 PM
Ralph is the cagey, suspicious one, so he certainly shouldn't have the lowest wisdom score. His int should probably be average-low and he can just put enough ranks in intimidate to overcome the cha penalty he most certainly would have.

Depending on the version you're going for, Dan could work well as an archivist. Mitch could be anything that has enough feats to take flashy and/or goofy combat maneuvers (trip and disarm), then use lightning mace+aptitude shenanigans to replicate his ridiculously fast nunchaku spinning.

I'd also say it might be worth considering initiator levels for some/all of the turtles.

Balyano
2013-11-28, 05:41 PM
You know, Dragon #315 published stats for a Tortle race.

Beat me to it.

Work a pizza addiction in there somewhere.

Ralph needs a trenchcoat and hat.

Would Bebop and Rocksteady make an apearance as ''Slicers'' goons? Would they be A were-boar and a were-rhino or does someone have a good beastman race for them? Now that I think about it the ooze seems like a permanent version of lycanthropy.

Maybe when the DM realizes what you're up to they'll go along with it and start throwing crazy saturday morning cartoon style villians at you guys.

Psyren
2013-11-28, 11:35 PM
Three Grippli Brawlers named Rash, Zitz and Pimple.

Spore
2013-11-29, 12:09 AM
I am curious onto what your ideas on Bebob and Rocksteady are. And WTF is Krang supposed to be.

Zrak
2013-11-29, 12:35 AM
Three Grippli Brawlers named Rash, Zitz and Pimple.

Synthesist summoners or alchemists, maybe? I'm trying to think of the best way to fluff their limbs turning into buzzsaws and such.

AzureKnight
2013-11-29, 12:44 AM
I am curious onto what your ideas on Bebob and Rocksteady are. And WTF is Krang supposed to be.

Krang could be the unified intelligent brain of a group of mind flayers given mobility by a series of floating disks or fly.

Psyren
2013-11-29, 12:53 AM
Krang could be the unified intelligent brain of a group of mind flayers given mobility by a series of floating disks or fly.

Maybe an Elder Brain with the Young template, or a Brain in a Jar, or an Intellect Devourer.

A Lawless Lad
2013-11-29, 07:51 AM
As an addition, Sliver is the Sensei archetype of Monk.

Arc_knight25
2013-11-29, 08:32 AM
Lee is most defiantly a Paladin/rogue. Shadowbane inquisitor?
Dan- Spelltheif/Wizard into Effigy Master? He does do a lot of inventing.
Ralph- Scout/Ranger into Bloodhound? Plays on his bad attitude
Mitch- Rogue/Monk or Rogue/Swashbuckler into Theif Acrobat?

They all need a dip into a skill monkey class with Hide, Move Silently, Balance, Tumble. For classes with Ride drop it for Tumble via the Urban option. Lets face it they live in the sewers, nothing screams city more then sewers.

Bebop and Rocksteady should be Uber chargers. Slicer needs to be a Warblade just to give him the edge in the fight against the guys.

grarrrg
2013-11-29, 10:30 AM
Lee is most defiantly a Paladin/rogue. Shadowbane inquisitor?
Dan- Spelltheif/Wizard into Effigy Master? He does do a lot of inventing.
Ralph- Scout/Ranger into Bloodhound? Plays on his bad attitude
Mitch- Rogue/Monk or Rogue/Swashbuckler into Theif Acrobat?

Few things:
A: This is technically a Pathfinder Thread.
B: Dan is _SOOOOOO_ much more an Artificer than he is a Wizard.
C: If were doing _the characters_ rather than "inspired by", then in a level 20 build they'd all have at least 16 levels of Ninja and/or Monk (or anything else appropriate).

C is the least important point, and if attempted would make it VERY obvious what you were up to from the beginning.

Arc_knight25
2013-11-29, 10:39 AM
Totally right on the PF. My bad. Just got excited to theory craft these characters.

Psyren
2013-11-29, 11:23 AM
- Dan is probably a Staff Ranger (TWF style) with the Trapper archetype.
- Ralph I would probably make an Urban Barbarian with Agile Maneuvers and focus on the Sai's disarming.
- Lee would probably be a Cavalier/Samurai. You would need quite a TWF focus to minimize the penalty for dual katanas.
- Mitch would likely be a Martial Artist monk (chaotic) focusing on Dirty Tricks.

prufock
2013-11-29, 01:02 PM
And the names could be Ralph, Lee, Mitch, and Dan.
Personally I would go with Leonard, Donald, Michael, and Ralph. Close modern approximations of the names.

They have a Natural Armor bonus (shell).
You could always use kappa shells if you don't want to go with naga.

That reminds me...I thought this out a while ago (who hasn't?).
Best STR is Raph, worst is probably Mikey
Best DEX is Mikey, worst is probably Don (he's the least physical)
CON is good all around
Best INT is Don, worst is Mikey/Raph
Best WIS is Leo, worst is Mikey/Raph
Best CHA is Mikey, worst is Don or Raph (depending on if Intimidate or not)
I did a bit of reading on this for a supers game we played as TMNT once. As I remember, sources actually cited Don as doing the most damage (1d6 staff, 2-handed, +x str). Though Raph might still have a better str because his weapons do less damage and he isn't 2-handing.

The rest basically matches what I remember. Mikey is the quick, agile, charming one ("everyone's second-best friend"). Don is smart and strong, but not quite as mobile, probably lower wis and cha as he gets caught up in his inventions. Leo is the most well-rounded, with the highest wis. Raph is pretty well rounded except for the low wis.

And Raph definitely has barbarian levels in there.

grarrrg
2013-11-29, 11:59 PM
- Dan is probably a Staff Ranger (TWF style) with the Trapper archetype.

Possibly needs (at least) 2 levels of Student of War (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/student-of-war).
Get to use INT instead of DEX for AC.