PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Slayer Themed Build - Help

Vincent Dragon
2013-11-28, 05:15 AM
Hello people, i want to make a build themed around beating/fightning/killing dragons, and of course i want to optimize it.

For example, anyone could create a Batman/God Wizard that spam Shivering Touch or whatnot to defeat dragons, but i want this character to have Feats and PrC related to my theme. This is the goal of this build, the optimization comes right after.

So knowing this, any tips about levels and feats?

I thought of Dragonslayer PrC as a Gish, or Dragonstalker as an undetectable glass cannon, or maybe a little bit of both (but this wouldn't be exceptional at anything). Maybe 1 level dip of Ranger for Favored Enemy + a feat (forgot the name) that works as Power Attack x3 on Favored Enemy.

Well, if you guys want to tell me things totally different of those i already thought for the build, no problem, since you keep the theme, and if possible be creative!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to tell, 20 level build, not mandatory to solo a dragon of equal CR, but at least to be the MVP of the party.

EDIT 2: No special need for a specif kind of character (meele, caster, skillmonkey lol), but for the theme itself.

Diovid
2013-11-28, 05:46 AM
Some feats you could consider are Improved Favored Enemy (Complete Warrior), Favored Power Attack (Complete Warrior), Nemesis (Book of Exalted Deeds), Darkstalker (Lords of Madness).

Feats which specifically help with fighting dragons are Dragon Hunter, Dragon Hunter Bravery, Dragon Hunter Defense, Dragonbane, Dragonfoe and Dragondoom. All of these feats are from Draconomicon.

As for other options, one way to go is to take at least 5 levels of ranger and take both Favored Enemy (Arcanist) and Favored Enemy (Dragon) since most dragons are also spellcasters. Favored Enemy (Arcanist) is an alternative class feature from Complete Mage.

Another ranger variant that might be beneficial to you is Solitary Hunter (Dragon Magazine #347) which trades away the Ranger's animal companion for a bonus to attack rolls versus favored enemies.