PDA

View Full Version : 2nd AD&D Subrace Adjustments

DeadAggressor
2013-11-28, 10:59 AM
So I'm scanning through brilliantgameologists and I found this post http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10675.0, a little ways down he stats a build for an arrow flinging god, but for racial attribute adjustments he adds the +1STR&DEX -1CON&CHA for being Sylvan on TOP of the +1DEX & -1CON an elf already receives. As soon as I read this I immediately opened my books, to try and confirm why you would add both, but there's nothing specifically stating that you get the Sylvan bonus on top of the standard Elf bonuses. So is this is personal interpretation or do the rules actually allow this, because if so my party has been severally understated for a long time.

Rhynn
2013-11-28, 11:11 AM
Yeah, that's pretty clearly incorrect, IMO. Unless it's specifically stated that the ability score adjustments are on top of the standard racial adjustments, they just replace them.

Hawriel
2013-12-08, 10:33 PM
Should have been a replacement. However the sylvan or wood elf does get both. I played a wood elf ranger years ago. The Complete Book of Elves gave wood elves both a str/dex boost, with a wis/cha hit.

I think. All I know is that with what I rolled for stats I ended up with a 18 (72) str, an 19 dex and a min score wisdom for a ranger.