PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on a rogue type character

Sapreaver
2013-11-28, 12:01 PM
I'm working on a build for a rogue I want to go

rogue 3 umbral Disciple 3 shadowblade 10 not sure 4

The schtick for this character is spring attacking and hiding afterwards with belt of battle.

is it possible to get in to umbral disciple by the time you get rogue three I'm fine burning a feat I plan on taking midnight dodge to get the esentia for umbral disciple.
Also there is a feat called Disappearing act in some book somewhere that lets me hide as a free action. if you can find the book for me that'd be great. It's hide as a free action with a -10 penalty

and suggestions for a prc that allows short range teleport at will(NOT SHADOW DANCER) would be optimum but any prc suggestions are welcome for the remaining 4

Urpriest
2013-11-28, 03:30 PM
I'm working on a build for a rogue I want to go

rogue 3 umbral Disciple 3 shadowblade 10 not sure 4

The schtick for this character is spring attacking and hiding afterwards with belt of battle.

is it possible to get in to umbral disciple by the time you get rogue three I'm fine burning a feat I plan on taking midnight dodge to get the esentia for umbral disciple.
Also there is a feat called Disappearing act in some book somewhere that lets me hide as a free action. if you can find the book for me that'd be great. It's hide as a free action with a -10 penalty

and suggestions for a prc that allows short range teleport at will(NOT SHADOW DANCER) would be optimum but any prc suggestions are welcome for the remaining 4

Umbral Disciple requires 8 ranks in Hide, among other skills. There is no way to get the impression that Rogue 3 can qualify.

Particle_Man
2013-11-28, 04:33 PM

Assuming short range teleport means something like dimension door.

Horizon Walker 6 could do it, but you would have to give up levels in the other classes.

Similarly, Complete Arcane's Warlock 6 (not a prestige class) could do it, subject to the same caveats.

Or Totemist 1 (get the Blink Shirt). Magic of Incarnum for the win!

Heck, you could just spend a feat to get the Blink Shirt.