PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

Hbgplayer
2013-11-28, 12:23 PM
Happy birthday to everyone here in the Playground.
I for one, am thankful for the great comic that occupies some of my spare time.

Grinner
2013-11-28, 12:29 PM
I'm thankful to have spare time at all.

Palanan
2013-11-28, 12:43 PM
I'm thankful I can spend some of my spare time outdoors. :smalltongue:

It's a shining day here, with a flawless clear-blue sky and sunlight glowing through the golden-orange maple leaves. There's the pippitting of swamp-wrens, a skin of ice on the water, and the damp bite of a chill northern breeze. Been a good day so far.

gurgleflep
2013-11-28, 01:19 PM
Joyous day for the Giving of Thanks, everyone!

I am thankful for friends, family, and a very special lady-friend that I love dearly :smallredface:
And all of you here at the playground, you folks are fun and very helpful :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2013-11-28, 02:09 PM
Time for Thanksgiving songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SezqfzsBaKY)! :smallsmile:

Callin
2013-11-28, 04:14 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Should you not celebrate Thanksgiving in what ever country you live in then... Happy Thursday! :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2013-11-28, 04:27 PM
I'm thankful we Canucks did this weeks ago, eh?:smalltongue:

Lord Magtok
2013-11-28, 04:49 PM
I'm thankful it's also my birthday! Turkey and presents, woot!

gurgleflep
2013-11-28, 06:11 PM
I'm thankful we Canucks did this weeks ago, eh?:smalltongue:

Knowing next to nothing about Canada, I'm curious - why did you celebrate it weeks ago?

I'm thankful it's also my birthday! Turkey and presents, woot!

Was the turkey gift wrapped? :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2013-11-28, 06:16 PM
Knowing next to nothing about Canada, I'm curious - why did you celebrate it weeks ago?

Because Canadian Thanksgiving (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_%28Canada%29) is always on the second Monday of October.

MikelaC1
2013-11-28, 09:34 PM
The Canadian holiday is considered a celebration of the harvest, and as such it makes more sense to have it closer to the actual time of the harvest.

Lord Raziere
2013-11-28, 10:38 PM
Playground, friends, enemies....

I may not agree with all of you, or even most of you. I know that I have been known for my arrogance, and my stubbornness, as well my tendency to make just plain bad arguments. I thank you anyway for putting up with me and for being able to discuss thing intelligently with so many interesting people, and because of that I am thankful for being here. Happy Thanksgiving.

Lentrax
2013-11-29, 05:41 AM
I'm thankful my thirteen hour shift at Large National Retail Chain Store is over.

gurgleflep
2013-11-29, 12:42 PM
I'm thankful my thirteen hour shift at Large National Retail Chain Store is over.

>_< that sounds highly unpleasant, I hope you made it through the day without any injuries or traumatizing memories.

Lentrax
2013-11-29, 02:08 PM
Just fatigue. And a sense of amusement at watching people turn into a pack of ravenous wolves to save a couple of dollars.

CoffeeIncluded
2013-11-29, 02:42 PM
Just fatigue. And a sense of amusement at watching people turn into a pack of ravenous wolves to save a couple of dollars.

Was it worse than what was portrayed on the news?

Lentrax
2013-11-29, 03:20 PM
Almost always is, though I didn't hear of anything happening at my store.

Spore
2013-11-29, 03:27 PM
I am thankful to not be an American retail worker right about....now. I am not one to criticize a whole country for insanity of some but what the flying f*ck?

I live in Europe so I can only see what people tell me and what I see online and on the news (highly colored opinions that is). I work part-time in groceries and would like to know: How true is that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dIBL4tYQPI#t=38) to the average retailer experience?

SnowballMan
2013-11-29, 03:43 PM
I am thankful to not be an American retail worker right about....now. I am not one to criticize a whole country for insanity of some but what the flying ****?

I live in Europe so I can only see what people tell me and what I see online and on the news (highly colored opinions that is). I work part-time in groceries and would like to know: How true is that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dIBL4tYQPI#t=38) to the average retailer experience?
This most certainly is NOT the average retail experience. I would imagine the impression you are getting is similar to the impression we get of football(soccer) fans from a hand full of riots we hear about. There is a certain type of people that will behave badly if gathered in large numbers and focused on one thing. They exist in every nation and culture. The best thing to do is recognize when and where it will happen and avoid it.

Which is why I am thankful I am staying home today.

Spore
2013-11-29, 04:55 PM
I like the term of shopping hooligans. :smallsmile:

Thanks for the insight.

t209
2013-12-01, 03:34 AM
Anybody tried the real traditional Thanksgiving.
Like eating Venison instead of turkey.
We Burmese even made jerkies out of them, though not for thanks giving.

Hbgplayer
2013-12-01, 06:53 PM
Anybody tried the real traditional Thanksgiving.
Like eating Venison instead of turkey.
We Burmese even made jerkies out of them, though not for thanks giving.

We do that fairly regularly, actually; pretty much every time we go to my grandparents house for thanksgiving. There's usually a venison roast alongside the turkey and ham from that year's hunting trip!

Cuthalion
2013-12-01, 07:16 PM
Thankful... that the Dodgers won the West. :smallamused: