PDA

View Full Version : (PF) FLying Grappler Help

SuperJudge
2013-11-28, 02:12 PM
I am going to be playing Skulls and Shackles and was gonna play a Rogue or Cryptic but changed my mind. I was thinking how awesome it would be to play as a witch and use the prehensile hair hex to grapple someone then fly away from the boat and drop them in the water. Has anyone played Skulls and Shackles and seen something similar done? Would it be as effective as I am picturing it in my mind?

I was thinking a few different ways to go about this, the first way obviously playing as a straight Witch. I am worried about the low BAB this route however.

The alternatives i was thinking of are a Hexcrafter Magus, but I need to wait to level 4 before I can get the hair hex.

The other one was 4 levels of White Hair Witch to get reach, free action
grapple, and swift action either trip or constrict on the hair. Then I would take a level or 2 of Sohei and go into Eldritch Knight.

Which would be most effective? would I be able to get by with a flight and hair hex? or should i play as a Strix and WHW to get permanent flying and reach hair. I have never played Skulls and Shackles and don't know how many combats per day there usually is and how long those combats last.

Keneth
2013-11-28, 06:57 PM
Don't forget that you need to actually be able to carry someone to do this, so you need a Strength score of about 15 or something like muleback cords.

Your CMB is gonna be a problem, plus you'll also need to spend several rounds to do this effectively, which is not efficient at all.

SuperJudge
2013-11-28, 07:08 PM
Well the Prehensile Hair Hex gives my hair a strength score equal to my intelligence. If I were to go the Hexcrafter or Eldritch Knight route I would also put a few points into Strength anyway.

What about just using the Slumber Hex to knock them out and then lifting them up, or would that wake them?

Keneth
2013-11-28, 09:07 PM
Grappling a creature will likely wake them even if you don't deal damage. And prehensile hair gives you an effective Strength score for the purposes of grappling; It does nothing for your carrying capacity.