PDA

View Full Version : Assassin 10 / Teflamar shadowlord 5 ??

pilvento
2013-11-28, 04:41 PM
15 lvls of death attack + shadow pounce + lots of cheese

Is there any way to make this work?

??? 5 / Assassin 10 / Teflamar Shadowlord 5

I know shadowlord preq are odd and dificult but there might be a way arround it? :smallfrown:

Snowbluff
2013-11-28, 04:43 PM
Death attack doesn't care if you are making a full attack.

I think assassin spells help with the qualifications.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-11-28, 05:18 PM
Fighter 2/Rogue 3 should be ok, Assassins get Ddoor normally so youbcan enter shadow lord without much trouble, though I'd reconsider your level progression because as it is you get shadow pounce quite late.

Donox
2013-11-28, 08:58 PM
Teflammar Shadowlord's (at least the version of the class that I am looking at) get Death Attack at level 6. This would basically force you into Assassin 9 (which is fine because the 10th level is pretty much trash anyway).

As for the first 5 levels, I would suggest something like Factotum 3/Monk 1/Swordsage 1. Use Kung Fu Genius for mad int synergy. Swordsage grabs you the second level shadow hand teleportation maneuver (synergizes with Shadowlord).

Biggest issue is the fact that shadow pounce doesn't come online till level 16 at the latest (you need 7 levels of assassin to cast Dimension Door).

Its pretty easy to remedy that though. Get reach, trip people w/improved trip. Stun people with stunning fist (which you should probably not trade out at first level because it is, IMO, severely underrated), and boost your damage with craven, sneak around with Darkstalker. You could alternately go the TWF route...but you really don't do enough with sneak attack to make that worth the feat tax.

Also, look at the Dark and Shadow templates (both add a lot to the character).

Snowbluff
2013-11-28, 10:50 PM
If you want Death Attack, I would suggest Marrulurk. They are 3 HD and 1 LA, but they get 2d6 SA and Cha scaling Death Attack.

Averis Vol
2013-11-28, 11:19 PM
Something my group does, though it may be purely in the realm of the DM, is allow the shadow hand teleportation maneuvers to count as a D door effect. It's a ranged teleport that theoretically meets every criteria for shadow pounce.

Ask your DM, it's a pretty reasonable assumption.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-11-28, 11:45 PM
Something my group does, though it may be purely in the realm of the DM, is allow the shadow hand teleportation maneuvers to count as a D door effect. It's a ranged teleport that theoretically meets every criteria for shadow pounce.

Ask your DM, it's a pretty reasonable assumption.

That isn't a houserule, Shadow Pounce works with all abilities that have the [Teleport] tag, and all three maneuvers have it. They don't work to fulffill the TSL pre-requisite by RAW though.

pilvento
2013-11-29, 12:09 AM
X 5 /assassin 9/shadowlord 6 would be the real build.

Te problem indeed was the pre requisite, not a way to activate pounce since shadowlord gives shadow jump.

Its only a build idea for me, im not sure I will ever get a chance to play it. So i may try a version with ToB and one without ToB, just in case, since mi table its not a big fan of the book.

Of course its not the same to play a full martial character than just having a bunch of maneuvers to enter a PrC.

How early can i get into Shadowlord using Shadowhand maneuvers? is it posible to do it just using just martial study feats?

Ithandor
2013-11-29, 07:48 AM
What does your table think of Magic of Incarnum? A very good 2-level dip for TSL is Totemist, binding Blink Shirt.

First, it gives you an at will move action teleport, which is awesome for Shadow Pounce. Second, as the teleport contains the phrase "as Dimension Door", there is a strong case for it qualifying you for the prerequisite under the spell-like ability clause.