PDA

View Full Version : Chill Touch and another touch spell together.

Gamereaper
2013-11-28, 04:56 PM
Ok, from what I'm guessing Chill Touch creates an aura on your hand that persists. If I cast another spell such as Shocking Grasp, can I use them both simultaneously?

tyckspoon
2013-11-28, 05:13 PM
Touch Spells and Holding the Charge

In most cases, if you don’t discharge a touch spell on the round you cast it, you can hold the charge (postpone the discharge of the spell) indefinitely. You can make touch attacks round after round. If you cast another spell, the touch spell dissipates.

Relevant bolded - the answer is no.

There is a spell that lets you do this, holding one touch spell per arm; it's called Spell Flower. It's in the Spell Compendium.

Devronq
2013-11-28, 05:26 PM
Relevant bolded - the answer is no.

There is a spell that lets you do this, holding one touch spell per arm; it's called Spell Flower. It's in the Spell Compendium.

I assume you would suffer twf penalties in this case yes?

Flickerdart
2013-11-28, 05:27 PM
You can always let your familiar hold one while you hold the other. Of course, it wouldn't let you apply both effects on the same attack roll, unless you were a 3rd level duskblade and wielded your familiar like a club.

Gamereaper
2013-11-28, 10:09 PM
You can always let your familiar hold one while you hold the other. Of course, it wouldn't let you apply both effects on the same attack roll, unless you were a 3rd level duskblade and wielded your familiar like a club.

If anyone did that, they'd have a dead Familiar quite fast. XD

Red Rubber Band
2013-11-28, 10:18 PM

Item familiar: Club

That's a thing, right?