PDA

View Full Version : [NWN2] Martial Adepts

Firechanter
2013-11-28, 05:01 PM
Hey Gang,

I have just downloaded the Martial Adept mod for NWN2 from NWVault, and am now trying to get the hang of the changes that were made. So, before I suffer through hours of trial and error and painting myself in corners:
did any of you already play with this mod, and is able to share some insight which maneuvers work better, which worse in an NWN2 environment?

For instance, Sudden Leap seems to be rather useless: you click the maneuver, you click a spot on the ground where you want to "jump", game rolls a check and tells you you didn't make it, you stay where you were. :( Since the scale is rather small, it's impossible to reliably click a spot where you can actually jump. And even then, it's probably not worth it unless you play with Pause a lot.

Most Charge maneuvers seem to have been implemented as "attacking after moving", but I'm not sure what Pouncing Charge is supposed to do. Any insight?

Also, how do Counters work in that environment? The website says something about "you can set the conditions when a counter is supposed to go off", but I couldn't find that (yet) in game.

Normally, in pen&paper, I prefer my Warblades as jumping chargers with two-handed reach weapons -- none of which exists in NWN2. So my default build strategy simply won't work. Any idea what works well?

Zubrowka74
2013-11-29, 11:52 AM
Should this be in the video game aisle ?