PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Encounter

DonEsteban
2013-11-28, 05:42 PM
Hi playgrounders,

There are not enough dragons in Dungeons & Dragons. I'd like to do a dragon-themed short adventure with my players, but my creative juices are not flowing right now. It should be a short adventure (4-10 hours), group of 4 level-10 adventurers (wizard, barbarian, cleric, assassin). We play D&D 3.5, but I can adapt anything that loosely fits the parameters.

The group's goal should be to retrieve a magic key by defeating a dragon (though that doesn't need to be the only route to success). They'll be teleported to the area so there doesn't need to be a very strong hook. I was thinking of a dragon graveyard, but that's not a must. Pure combat or pure roleplaying or a mixture... anything goes.

If you have any idea --- a published adventure, an interesting dragon encounter, a self-made scenario -- it would be a great help. It doesn't have to be perfect, I can adapt it, it's just that I'd like to have something to work with.

Frelus
2013-11-28, 06:12 PM
Is the party good or evil?
Because that is important to know :D

DonEsteban
2013-11-28, 06:40 PM
Good. If Pelor is good enough for you.

Kaveman26
2013-11-30, 10:24 AM
An abandoned yuan ti temple has been discovered by a black dragon. He has transported his kobold minions to the temple to act as a vanguard to trigger traps and do the grunt work of excavating any treasures. Several serpents and manticores serve As new inhabitants, but ultimately the yuan ti traces are a cover for the group fighting the dragon. Once the dragon is tipped off to the parties approach he has his finest kobold archers and casters hook themselves into a rig on his back and uses them as buff/heal support and as snipers from his back.

Doorhandle
2013-11-30, 06:35 PM
This enough dragons for you to drag-in? (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons)