PDA

View Full Version : Gaining domains

Max Caysey
2013-11-28, 07:55 PM
I was looking into the whole healer thing, as I have been for some time, and are still looking for ways of improving this.

The Healer class from miniatures gains charisma bonus to healing, when casting Conjuration (healing) spells, but only if they are cast from from the healer spell pool.

So I was thinking that I wanted, in so few levels as possible, to gain the Healing domain, but not by gaining a level in cleric. It would somehow have to be gained as a Healer, so that the spells in the Healing domain was Healer spells, so I could get my charisma modifier to healing. Is this possible??? And if yes, how?

Thanks you all for helping!

White_Drake
2013-11-28, 08:11 PM
Houseruled Healing domain on a Domain Wizard?

gorilla-turtle
2013-11-28, 08:55 PM
If you're looking to be a better healer (and nothing else), the Healing Hand (of Mishakal) prestige class is the simplest possible answer. It also gets Cha to Healing, and Empower to Healing, so you end up with 1.5(Spell+2Cha).

As for gaining Domains, Contemplative and Sovereign Speaker are the usual prestige classes, Sovereign Speaker capable of granting 9 different Domains, and Contemplative being the easiest way to be able to snag a Domain on a class that doesn't have it naturally.

I actually fail to see what it is that you're asking. Cha to Healing won't make the Heal spell too much better than it already is, and you already would get Cha to Healing on the Cure spells on the Healing Domain's list. I don't see how trying to get the Healing Domain changes that unless you're trying to get into Radiant Servant somehow, which is more trouble than it is worth.

Fax Celestis
2013-11-29, 12:56 AM
Can Healer get into Sovereign Speaker? *checks* YES IT CAN.

There you go.

Max Caysey
2013-11-29, 04:08 AM
If you're looking to be a better healer (and nothing else), the Healing Hand (of Mishakal) prestige class is the simplest possible answer. It also gets Cha to Healing, and Empower to Healing, so you end up with 1.5(Spell+2Cha).

As for gaining Domains, Contemplative and Sovereign Speaker are the usual prestige classes, Sovereign Speaker capable of granting 9 different Domains, and Contemplative being the easiest way to be able to snag a Domain on a class that doesn't have it naturally.

I actually fail to see what it is that you're asking. Cha to Healing won't make the Heal spell too much better than it already is, and you already would get Cha to Healing on the Cure spells on the Healing Domain's list. I don't see how trying to get the Healing Domain changes that unless you're trying to get into Radiant Servant somehow, which is more trouble than it is worth.

Well I'm trying to combine cleric and Healer, to get as much as possible out of the Healing thing as possible seeing as it is not that good an option, but since I'm gonna be playing a healbot soon (no matter how bad they are) im simply trying to sqeese every last bit of healing out of my character.

His thing is cloistered cleric, of Lathander, trying to gain Radiant Servant of Pelor (Lathander), I like the Radiant class and it fits his concept. I was thinking of gaining just one level in healer to get healing hands, but tat seems only to work for the healer spell pool, meaning that all my domain/cleric spells wound not gain my charisma modifier! This is a problem!

So what I'm trying to do is comine healing hands with radiant servant of Pelor and spontaneous domain casting (healing domain) so not only to get the maximized, empowered healing from Radiant but also my charisma modifier to ALL my healing domain spells!!!

Again thanks!

Melcar
2013-11-29, 12:50 PM
Im sorry... but does since both Healer and Cleric cast divine spells, do they not share CL? So A level 3 cleric 4 Healer would be CL 7? Basically giving the Healer access to cleris spells?

Fax Celestis
2013-11-29, 01:05 PM
Nnnnope. Caster levels are per-class.

Melcar
2013-11-29, 03:45 PM
That sucks... Well then theres nothing you can do I guess. Or well contemplative could give you healing domain, then gain radiant servent of pelor, when ever casting spells from the healing domain, you would get them maximized and empowered.

Max Caysey
2013-11-29, 05:35 PM
Well this sure is depressing... I was sure Tippy would come up with some crazy build that healed twice to amount of what a wizard can damage.

I had another idea... Does fast healing stack?

Big Fau
2013-11-29, 05:46 PM
For the record, Mastery of Day and Night is probably the best feat for a Healer (PGtE, spontaneously apply Maximize Spell to Cure X Wounds spells without increasing the spell's level).

Max Caysey
2013-11-29, 06:02 PM
My DM is does not allow Dragonlance or Eberon materiel... :(

Nor any bending of any rules so to improve my damn crappy healing!

Doc_Maynot
2013-11-29, 06:23 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/magicRating.htm Show him that, maybe it could help.

If he allows it cleric and healer would stack for determining caster level, but not spells known/per day.

Max Caysey
2013-11-29, 06:44 PM
Thanks...

I have another question...

If I have Augment Healing, which says:
Add +2 points per spell level to the amount of damage healed by any Conjuration [Healing] spell that you cast. For example, a 1st-level cleric with this feat casting cure light wounds would restore 1d8+3 hp. An 8th-level cleric with the Healing domain and this feat casting cure moderate wounds would restore 2d8+13 hp (9 for his caster level including the +1 caster level bonus for the Healing domain, + 4 for the feat). A 13th-level druid casting heal would restore 144 hp (130 for her caster level + 14 for the feat, since heal is a 7th-level druid spell).

And I cast Vigor would I not get the +2 as a bonus to the fast healing??? And in fact give fast healing 3???

And if this is true, then someone with Healthful Rest would then gain 6 fast healing???

Melcar
2013-11-29, 07:55 PM
Thanks...

I have another question...

If I have Augment Healing, which says:

And I cast Vigor would I not get the +2 as a bonus to the fast healing??? And in fact give fast healing 3???

And if this is true, then someone with Healthful Rest would then gain 6 fast healing???

I actually think you are right!

Fax Celestis
2013-11-29, 09:10 PM
Technically, no it doesn't, as it doesn't directly heal HP: it just gives the target Fast Healing 1 for a duration.

gorilla-turtle
2013-11-29, 09:19 PM
My DM is does not allow Dragonlance or Eberon materiel... :(

Nor any bending of any rules so to improve my damn crappy healing!

If you really want to be a Heal Bot, isn't there a Binder feature that gives you unlimited turn undead, but with a duration of 5 rounds inbetween uses? Take Healing Devotion from there, and then you've got the ability to heal people pretty much as much as you want to.

Though the biggest issues in the game come from the various conditions that are inflicted on you, not just hit point healing. I'd be more concerned about those, and thus more focused on a flexible spell list that can take care of them, if I were concerned about bandaids. Wands of Vigor can handle minor scratches on a basic Cleric.

Pyromancer999
2013-11-29, 09:33 PM
If you really want to be a Heal Bot, isn't there a Binder feature that gives you unlimited turn undead, but with a duration of 5 rounds inbetween uses? Take Healing Devotion from there, and then you've got the ability to heal people pretty much as much as you want to.

You're thinking of Tenebrous. And since it technically allows you to rebuke as a Cleric of your level, this can be taken one of two ways:

1)You can rebuke all day with a 5-round cooldown as a Cleric of your level. Favored by munchkins.
2)Since it's as a Cleric, it could be taken as you can only Turn the usual 3 + Charisma modifier times per day like a Cleric. Favored by most DMs I know.

gorilla-turtle
2013-11-29, 09:50 PM
You're thinking of Tenebrous.

Thanks for the clarification.

1)You can rebuke all day with a 5-round cooldown as a Cleric of your level. Favored by munchkins.

That seems like a strong word: what munchkin actually worries about hitpoint damage at all?

2)Since it's as a Cleric, it could be taken as you can only Turn the usual 3 + Charisma modifier times per day like a Cleric. Favored by most DMs I know.

Fair enough. The ops dm would probably go this way, too. Some let it pass, though.

Pyromancer999
2013-11-29, 11:18 PM
That seems like a strong word: what munchkin actually worries about hitpoint damage at all?

It's more about Divine Metamagic, and how it can be used with Binder/Clerics with that interpretation to help fuel constant Metamagic.

Max Caysey
2013-11-30, 05:24 AM
Technically, no it doesn't, as it doesn't directly heal HP: it just gives the target Fast Healing 1 for a duration.

The thing is, that Augment Healing ads +2 points of healing per level to any conjuration(healing) spell, and since Vigor is a conjuration(healing) spell it has to work... im thinking!

Fax Celestis
2013-11-30, 11:36 AM
The thing is, that Augment Healing ads +2 points of healing per level to any conjuration(healing) spell, and since Vigor is a conjuration(healing) spell it has to work... im thinking!

Nope. Lesser vigor just grants the Fast Healing 1 ability for the spell's duration, not healing in a specific value. Compare the text of lesser vigor:

With a touch of your hand, you boost the subject's life energy, granting him or her the fast healing ability for the duration of the spell.

The subject heals 1 hit point per round of such damage until the spell ends and is automatically stabilized if he or she begins dying from hit point loss during that time.

Lesser vigor does not restore hit points lost fromstarvation, thirst, or suffocation, nor does it allow a creature to regrow or attach lost body parts.
The effects of multiple vigor spells do not stack; only the highest-level effect applies.

Applying a second vigor spell of equal level extends the first spell's duration by the full duration of the second spell.
to that of cure light wounds:

When laying your hand upon a living creature, you channel positive energy that cures 1d8 points of damage +1 point per caster level (maximum +5).

Since undead are powered by negative energy, this spell deals damage to them instead of curing their wounds. An undead creature can apply spell resistance, and can attempt a Will save to take half damage.

Max Caysey
2013-11-30, 05:24 PM
Granted Augment Healing does not grant fast healing. But... once every round it would give 2 points of healing per level, So Vigor give fast healing 1, augment healing 2 for a total of 3.
Like vise Greater Vigor gives fast healing 4, augment healing give 8 for a total of 12 each round. Healthful Rest would double fast healing for giving 8+8 from augment healing. A total of 16 each round.

Fax Celestis
2013-11-30, 06:27 PM
No, it doesn't.

Add +2 points per spell level to the amount of damage healed by any Conjuration [Healing] spell that you cast.
Lesser vigor does not heal damage: all it does is give the Fast Healing ability.

A creature with fast healing has the extraordinary ability to regain hit points at an exceptional rate. Except for what is noted here, fast healing is like natural healing.

At the beginning of each of the creature’s turns, it heals a certain number of hit points (defined in its description).

Unlike regeneration, fast healing does not allow a creature to regrow or reattach lost body parts. Unless otherwise stated, it does not allow lost body parts to be reattached.

A creature that has taken both nonlethal and lethal damage heals the nonlethal damage first.

Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation.

Fast healing does not increase the number of hit points regained when a creature polymorphs.