PDA

View Full Version : The Black Bank [Game Thread] - Law and Order

WesleyB
2013-11-28, 10:40 PM
The Midnight Temple within the Capital Egorian is a thing of beauty. Painstakingly build in this new Capital City in honor of the dark lord Asmodeus. A place, here the most sacred of rights is performed in offering to his name, upon the Black Alter. The merest view of this beacon is enough to sate even the lowest citizen’s concern, brining law to the unruly and purpose to the lost.

You have travelled many miles for this meeting. Either by griffon, teleportation, plane shifting or for those proud enough to call Egorian home, a short walk. But the result is the same as you walk through the Temple’s glorious arches to the sound of Aspexia Rugatonn, the Grand High Priestess of Asmodeus, ever praying, her every breath a resounding confirmation of faith to all within the Temple’s walls.

An Acolyte is quick to find you as you enter, waiting quietly for a break in The High Priestess’s blissful words to draw your attention. ”A room has been prepared for you to wait.” Gesturing to be followed.

And as with every time you have met with Bealorr it has gone the same way. Led into a waiting room and left to your own devices, knowing that the door adjacent to the one you came through will open, and when it does the meeting will begin. And while you wait two things are still as clear as day. The sound of The High Priestess’s words echo even here, so far away from the main chambers and there is an hourglass placed on a fine table in the centre of the room as its sand’s slowly and evenly fall.

You were told some day’s ago when you received the contract now in your possession that this mission would not be one undertaken alone, and it is now, for the time that you see the faces of those selected to join you.

You guys can choose who arrives first and see's who.

AngryCyc
2013-11-28, 11:09 PM
Gannet

Gannet stands at near-attention along the back. As everyone else enters the room at their leisure, he nods in greeting towards them, recognizing all of them from one time or another. His eyes meet theirs and flash with both recognition and acceptance, and for a few of them even admiration, before snapping resolutely back to the adjacent door and eying it steadfastly.

He does not readily offer much conversation to any of them as they enter, but rather seems to be sizing up the situation as each new variable comes into place...

Pooch
2013-11-29, 06:13 AM
From within the waiting room a gruff voice could be heard from somewhere outside, no words could be recognised but the voice of tone easily carried an atmosphere of frustration and anger regardless. It seized eventually as it was followed by the entrance of a short and stout figure easily recognized as a dwarf accompanied by a large turtle with a shell to tell more stories and any photo. The dwarf who wasn't larger than his companion save for the head on his shoulders grunted in acknowledgement of those present, aimed at none in particular and with no discernible change of facial expression, sat down in a chair set along one of the walls at the far end of the room.

The dwarf remained seated in his place with no intention visible indication of even wanting to engage in anything else, the large turtle by his side showing for more interest in those present in the room than he did. It snapped its beak-like jaw on occasion while observing some and merely observed others curiously. Either way it remained next to the dwarf however.
It was clear both took the name of the room for what it meant, waiting.

HZ514
2013-11-29, 09:10 AM
Kakashi steps into the waiting room and gives its occupants a single apathetic nod before finding a seat and pulling out his copy of the latest Icha Icha. It was the sort of thing one probably shouldn't read in pleasant company, but then again the company Kakashi kept was rarely if ever pleasant. The outline of a smile forms underneath his mask as he turns the pages.

It is very unlikely Kakashi will notice anyone else as they trickle into the room, as his eyes are fully focused on his book. If anyone directly addresses him he will react, but otherwise he will be content to enjoy Icha Icha until the meeting begins.

Lochar
2013-11-29, 10:18 AM
As Imari is led to whichever waiting room is available this time, she listens closer for a moment to the High Priestess' prayer, smiling just a touch at certain lines. If you paid attention, her words spelled out the contract between mortal and devil in great detail. Asmodeous was the master of the exchange, giving everything you might think you wanted for but a single price.

The waiting room was as expected, even those that she hadn't known before entering. A quick glance at the hourglass brought a nod before she rifled through her own memory for the faces before her.

And then with an almost startled smile, Imari's alabaster skin shifts into pure white fur as she allows her alternate form to fade. Placing a single finger on Kakashi's book, being certain not to actually block his vision of it, she hums to herself. Must you display your predilections for everyone's view? It so easily gives everyone a handle on you." Imari's voice is soft, almost predatory. But not actually threatening, somehow.

BarnabasBailey
2013-11-29, 01:28 PM
Brimstone. How Geoffry missed the smell of brimstone. When he was young, even the slightest whiff of the stuff was enough to make him sick. Now, it had been so long since he left his home in Hell, he was growing tired of the clean air of the Material Plane, with its sunlight and pleasant showers. It made men soft, made them take the quiet for granted. And it was decadence like that that bred sin and entitlement. Just the kind of place where men like Geoffry were called to ply their trade.

He was no doubt an unusual sight to the ordinary man, walking into the room dressed for rain as was his wont. Then again, considering the group gathered before him, he was probably the most normal looking person here. "A fine morning to you all," he said, with a smile that some might have characterized as a tad too warm to be genuine. "It promises to be a productive day, if the prayers of our High Priestess are any indication." With the banalities out of the way, Geoffry sat down, his gloved hands folded on the table in front of him. He watched the group with a sort of placid invitation, as though he were among friends at a formal dinner and waiting for someone to start a conversation.

HZ514
2013-11-29, 02:02 PM
Kakashi is snapped out of his Icha Icha reverie by the soft female voice. He lowers the book to greet this new arrival, and for the slightest of moments a mixture of shock and disgust washes over his face before it settles back into a constant expression of indifference. Kitsune are far from Kakashi's favorite, as he harbors a deep mistrust for their kind. He glances down toward Imari's tails before he states calmly, "I have nothing to hide from my allies, Four-Tails."

Lochar
2013-11-29, 02:47 PM
If Imari notices Kakashi's initial response, she doesn't show it. "We all have things we wish to hide, master Assassin."

She nods though, stepping back to greet Geoffry as he enters. She gives one final parting remark though. "However, I am Yonbi only for now. One day I will again be Kyu in more than name."

Her form reverts back to the alabaster skinned human as she slides into the seat across from Geoffry once more. Her hands fold in front of her in a mirror to the man. "A good day indeed. I don't recall your name nor exploits, perhaps you might tell me more of yourself?"

BarnabasBailey
2013-11-29, 11:30 PM
"Exploits..." Geoffry responded, without skipping a beat, "...are for knights-errant and fame-hungry criminals. I am a humble barrister, and occasionally a solicitor when the need arises. It is in my best interest to keep my exploits to a minimum." His voice spoke of a man trying to gently chide the woman for her careless words, but his face still radiated placid happiness. "But where are my manners? My name is Geoffry Fletcher. Assuming I've predicted Mister Bealorr's intentions, this must mean you are going to be among my new co-workers. Rest assured, I have been given the finest education in my field."

mangosta71
2013-11-30, 01:02 AM
Cat saunters through the Midnight Temple. Her gown is black and crimson to match her hair. The bodice bares her left shoulder and the skirt is slashed nearly to her right hip, and the shimmering silk clings to her curves provocatively. She smiles slowly as she catches wind of the High Priestess's litany. One day, you will raise those prayers to me.

She glances over Gannet and Rolgar as she crosses the threshold into the waiting room and approaches the group that appears to be conversing. A flicker of amusement passes over her face as she notices the book in Kakashi's hands. "I didn't expect to find a romantic among our number," she purrs. She places one hand on his shoulder and lightly strokes down his arm before sitting on the table facing the rest of the room's occupants.

VonDoom
2013-11-30, 08:37 AM
Close behind the seductress clad in Asmodeus' colors followed the somber form of Lester Tamitee. A tall man dressed in the clothes of a noble courtier, this pale fellow with a preference for the colour black had something unsettling about him, even when it came to followers of the devil-lord himself. Perhaps it was the way that he moved: like a predator, ready to pounce at any moment.

Or perhaps the oddness of his eyes; the left adorned by a long, thin scar which reached from his forehead to his cheek, drawing further attention to their color: a strange, mottled black that covered them fully, giving the impression that, much like a painting, he was always staring back at the observer.

Or maybe it were the strange inflections with which he spoke, a soft voice that carried through the air and had an almost lyrical quality to its monotony. "Soothing, isn't it?" he asked, obviously listening to the background noise of the priestess' praying. His gaze briefly drifted over those present, not giving any indication as to who he did and did not recognize, though he of course had had past experiences with more of those present than not.

Most likely, it was all of these. His penchant for appearing out of nowhere one moment or vanishing the next certainly didn't help the matter, either. "What will they have for us this time, I wonder?" A slight smile played around his lips, as Lester addressed the room.

Pooch
2013-11-30, 11:50 AM
The dwarf adjusted his googles for a moment, observing the newcomers. He paid special attention to the latest arrival, offering the pale man a frown. Odds are it could just as well be a misinterpreted smile. His facial expression changed though, a first since his arrival, for better or worse.

A moment passed as Rolgar slowly looked to the turtle by his side. The turtle offering the gesture back, staring at the dwarf with its glass-like yellow eyes.
"Yes, what could lord Bealorr possibly want us for." Rolgar said with that gruff voice of his, carrying as much emotion and intent with his words as the minerals dwarves usually were associated with.

mangosta71
2013-12-02, 04:19 PM
"I've heard of pet rocks, but this is the first time I've heard of one actually speaking," Cat laughs, with a wink at Rolgar to take any bite out of her jest. She stretches one leg, exposing knee-high, finely-tooled black doeskin boots, to point at Gannet with her toe while running an appreciative eye up and down his form. Her voice drops to a sultry stage whisper. "I'm sure I could teach this one a trick or two."

WesleyB
2013-12-02, 07:39 PM
The last grain of sand falls. It bounces on the top layers of the sand before finally settling. And in that very instant the door’s handle turns and without a sound the door inches open, but only part of the way. Just as before, an intense heat fills the room, the inky film of blackness lingering like some colourless silk on the wall. And just as before, this is the sign that Bealorr is ready.

It only takes a moment for the eyes to adjust to the infernal candlelight of the room. A wide open space, larger than most houses, with no windows. The shelves that line the walls filled with millenniums of research and trophies from prior clients. The far wall displays Bealorr’s hearth, large and imposing, meticulously crafted from the bones of wizards, some say. The dark oaken floor, polished to a shine sporting a rug in the centre crafted by Bealorr’s own hand. The high domed ceiling depicting Asmodeus on his throne.

As is his way, he stands ready to greet you, leaning ever so slightly on his desk. And as he finishes the last bite of a golden apple he gestures you forward with open arms. Onix chairs set out in a semi circle around him. Behind him, on his desk sit a stack of contacts and several smaller artefacts, their origin at this stage however is impossible to ascertain. ”Come. Far too long has it been since I had the pleasure of gazing upon your beautiful faces my children. Come and have a seat and we shall begin with a short prayer to our Lord Asmodeus.”

Bealorr stands fully and takes a step forward. With a sublte gesture he silently draws his own chair around his desk and he calmly sits and raises his head to the immortalised form of Asmodeus. ”Fortunate are we to serve the wisdom of the master of law. Enlightened are we to educate the unbeliever in his most perfect of prophecies. And Vigilant are we that the Disciplines of Asmodeus be revealed, so that his divine truth set the unworthy free.

Amen!”

BarnabasBailey
2013-12-02, 11:26 PM
Ah, there it was. All the comforts of Hell, lavishly arranged. Even the fire in the hearth brought back pleasant memories of home. Geoffry stepped into the office with all the reverence due anywhere with the presence of mind to emblazon the room with Asomdeus's image. He was prepared to launch into the usual pleasantries before conducting proper business, but then remembered his place as Bealorr called for prayer.

Geoffry did not take the seat as offered, for that was not the tradition in which he was accustomed to praying. Instead, with a motion that was at once mechanical and reverent, he immediately dropped to one knee, his hand over his heart and his head bowed beneath the graven image of his lord Asmodeus, as one would bow to one's king. He listened to the prayer being recited, adding his own silent devotions under his breath in a well-practiced sequence. Finally, he nodded his head with a muttered "Amen."

With that, he was back to his usual disarming smile before he had pulled himself back to his feet. He slid into his seat and rested his chin in his hand with an almost unwarranted amount of casualness. "It is an honor, as always, Mister Bealorr."

AngryCyc
2013-12-03, 12:32 AM
Gannet

Gannet joins in the prayer, and as it finishes, takes the middle most seat near the center, that he might look squarely upon their superior. He wanted to be able to fully see his features, that he might better pick up on any telling sign.

He sat reverently and awaited the others to do whatever they usually did at the start of their meetings. From what he had seen so far, he wouldn't be surprised if one of them walked up and tried to hug the devil...

A brief smile flicked across his face at these thoughts.

mangosta71
2013-12-04, 04:33 PM
Cat's head remains bowed reverently throughout the prayer. As Bealorr finishes, she flashes a smile with a hint of more than simple friendship toward him and moves to the leftmost seat in the arrangement so that she can watch all of the others without turning her head.

VonDoom
2013-12-05, 10:21 AM
Darkness posed neither difficulty nor threat to the self-proclaimed professional assassin and he stepped first into the room. The procedure and surroundings both were intimately familiar to Lester, as his gaze immediately locked onto the fiend. The religious ceremony was something that was expected of any church and basically required to impress the rubes, but he thought he understood it all too well: that true devotion to the master of the Nine Hells was expressed in fine print. He thus spoke along with the prayer, quietly, his expression unchanging and eyes hungry for things to proceed.

"... and may the chains of obligation not wear us down, but only strengthen our resolve." Lester finished, adding his own line of prayer. One of his favorites. Strong resolve was a very important thing to have, after all.

He had opted to stand slightly away from the others, blending all too well into the relative darkness of the room, his presence likely more heard than seen by most.

Lochar
2013-12-05, 07:37 PM
Imari's facade drops as the last grain of sand falls, her work at banter fading as she returns to her neutral self. "Sir." Is all she says, sliding into one of the chairs, her tails arranging themselves almost artfully around her.

She only bows her head for the prayer, as her existence itself is nothing but a prayer to the Great One's power.

Pooch
2013-12-06, 07:37 AM
Rolgar made no delay to engage in the prayer, lifting his googles onto his forehead and bowing his head down in reverence with closed eyes. His hands held behind his back as he recited the words.
Once done the googles quickly found their way back to their place and the dwarf crossed his arms as he took a seat.

The turtle remained idle by a wall, offering its reverence in the form of gazing at a candle. Enthralled by the light it made no further movements.

WesleyB
2013-12-06, 08:37 PM
Clasping his hands together Bealorr grins. "Given you are all here I trust the proposal, even in its limited form, has peaked your interest, so without further delay I will confirm that this meeting will be held to the usual non disclosure until such time as the mission is both accepted and begun.

Now. I assume that some among you have heard of Vellumis and its long established vigil. The mission in its most brief is to attain a foothold and establish a base of power within Lastwall, Vellumis specifically. Something the region has been lacking in for far too long and we cannot allow Abadar's recent move into the region to go unchecked. Don't you think?"

BarnabasBailey
2013-12-06, 11:14 PM
Geoffry nodded. "So how exactly did you plan on having us establish this foothold? Shall we construct a temple, bring over an ordained cleric or two? Or are we planning for something a bit more subtle at first?"

As he asked, he began to run through his mental records, trying to remember what, if anything, he was told about those names thrown at him.

Knowledge (Nobility) check to remember information about Vellumis and Lastwall, particularly anyone in power there: [roll0]

Knowledge (Religion) check to remember who Abadar is: [roll1]

mangosta71
2013-12-10, 04:26 PM
The flirtatious expression slips from Cat's face like a mask being discarded as the discussion turns to business. "Does our Lord have any followers among Lastwall's influential citizens? We'll need a front. A moneylender would be ideal. If not, perhaps a blacksmith's shop or tavern. Or a brothel. As long as there's enough noise to prevent eavesdropping, I can work with it."

WesleyB
2013-12-14, 10:02 PM
"A temple would be an incredible asset in the region and is among the many things that should be attempted. I believe the first port of call would be to create the public face for facilitation. Abadar has already set up shop so creating a friendly rivalry and competition to their business exploits would also be on the cards. The primary goal is the instruction and eventual conversion of its populace, though a long term goal.

Your initial support consists of yourselves and the budget that we will cover soon. Upon review of your reports it will deemed, upon success, that more resources be sent out to aid you. The specifics of you you conduct yourselves will be ultimately down to you.

In regards to influence, there is a young merchant by the name Marimo Bousland who currently has an open contract with the bank and had an obscene fondness for gold so it should be a simple task to enlist his many services, and further contracts with the man would be beneficial so if you can manage that along the way it would be an easy earner."

You know who Abadar (http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Abadar) is most definitely.

Vellumis is the oldest and largest city in the nation of Lastwall. Situated on the shores of Lake Encarthan, it serves as a port-of-entry for soldiers traveling in and out of the country on their way to keep watch over the terrors of Ustalav.

It's current ruler is the High Commander Nemin Caliphvaso.