PDA

View Full Version : Need help giving stats to some NPCs

Stille_Nacht
2013-11-29, 12:36 AM
Hallo, just a newish dm looking for some help on giving stats to some NPCs.

So right now my players are taking orders from people who's abilities are currently defined as "way stronger than you are". Eventually, of course, they should reach these people's power level.

Of course, they want to take a crack at killing one. As a bunch of level 9s with medium-low optimization, they'll probably die but...

I'm not totally confident with my ability to correctly create NPCs, so i'm looking for ballpark stats (HP, AC, Damage per round, etc.) for NPCs that should be about the same strength as an optimize level 15 tier 3 character

Char1: Tank
- primary attribute is immense DR/- (how much should it be?)
- only attack is a melee attack that does a lot of damage (again, how high per round you think? what should her attack bonus be?)
- "very high" will, fort saves (i have these covered)
- has overland flight on a bracelet

Char2: Fast (same info as above appreciated)
- multiple standard actions and move actions per round (how many is fair?)
- will be restricted to using a sword

Sir Chuckles
2013-11-29, 01:11 AM
Now I can't help too much with the specific building, especially not without known your party's strength, but the real question I have is are you planning giving these NPCs these abilities outright, or are you going to use a class to do it?

You need to narrow it down a lot, "about the same strength as an optimize level 15 tier 3 character" puts character options in the realm of "Basically anything that's not a Commoner".

Raezeman
2013-11-29, 04:07 AM
why don't you just take a class from tier 3 and build a character with 15 levels in that class? Don't forget his equipment based on the wealth per level. For starting abilities, take the same as your players did in the beginning.